Roe Roe Roe Your Vote

Author: ebuc

Total: 46
sadolite
Debates: 0
sadolite
-->
@ebuc
Ummmm ya, OK then, good luck with that as a legal argument.

30 days later

ebuc
ebuc
..." GOP Consultant On Kari Lake's Political Career: It's A Wrap In Arizona

Lake, a Trump-backed Republican who repeatedlycast doubt on the results of her gubernatorial election loss, announced that she would appeal the judge’s ruling. Earlier this week, she was also ordered to pay $33,000 in fees incurred by Gov.-elect Katie Hobbs (D) and her team.
Chuck Coughlin, an Arizona-based Republican consultant, told The Hill on Friday that Lake has caused herself harm as a result of the “degradation” of Arizona institutions. "...

What republicans dont care about institutions?  They have no moral or ethical integrity. No surprises there and that is why Trumpet got in an still mouthing off while running for GOP.  Nutcases most all of them. End date for humanity 2232 give or take 50 years

WeaverofFate
Debates: 4
WeaverofFate
Glad Roe v Wade no longer impacts my home state. Good to see some justice done.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@WeaverofFate
The larger question humanity needs to confront to survive on Earth, is how do we save our integrity?

We have too many people on Earth, ---aka over population--  for the operating systems we have in place, to maintain these standards of living, that, produce so much unnecessary stuff,  live easy life, find happy-ness, and not degradate the ecological environment that sustains us all.

With out human value for individual integrity, and a desire for all to value a similar integrity --all for one and one for all---, humanity will perish on Earth, sooner rather than later.

Of course all of this above comes with education and leadership { the brain }, sending truth { correct } signals to the other body parts.  Aka having a shared set of integral values for concerns of humanity on  Earth as a whole, and not 150 or so differrent nations, each with their own agenda.
WeaverofFate
WeaverofFate
-->
@ebuc
Let me correct that statement: we have too many people in third world countries, particularly Africa. I do not believe in limiting the quality of life in developed countries and those of my heritage to compensate for these other countries, especially when the logical extension of that thinking would mean diverting precious resources in large to these countries. The growth of the advanced countries should not be curbed due to the excesses of another. They should face the consequences of their own choices and/or be forced to innovate to accommodate their own growing population.

I always find the population argument strange, because it represents a sort of masochism if they're from more developed countries; they often do not mind hurting the quality of life of their own country and/or people. Yet, if you recommend simply leaving them to their devices or even putting rules to cease their fast reproduction, it is deemed barbaric.

The current society in the developed countries needs to be amended, and we need to be more willing to go against climate scientists who've shifted their position on where the environment is going to prioritize the political clout of the left who, very conveniently, have the most mainstream parties in support for climate measures (but of course, academia is normally where the commies are. Wish I didn't need to go there to pursue my dreams of being a doctor). Our people first.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@WeaverofFate
We have too many people on Earth, ---aka over population--  for the operating systems we have in place, to maintain these standards of living, that, produce so much unnecessary stuff,  live easy life, find happyiness, and not degradate the ecological environment that sustains us all.

It is a complex global issues, not any one country. You dont yet grasp the issues of concern.

Erratic climate change is getting worse and we will see more and more drought even with more increased rain falling

People continue to move to deserts where there is no water and it is piplined in from rmountains > rivers > desert.

People continue to move into the forest worldwide. and forests catch fire

It the tundra thaws out enough the fires from those huge amount of northern forests will make Amazon buring look like campfire

We will see more flooding

pollution is getting worse

The bitter truth to humanities salvation, is to cease all births for one year minimum for starters.

Save our integrity requires leadership to have integrity.  USA has been leader of greenhouse gases since industrial age. Soviet Union may have been 2nd, the Europe , and then along came Chinas industrial age, along with India etc.  

Were talking global issues they requires integrity of entirety of humanity for humanity to survive beyond 2232. And that integrity needs to start with our leaders being smart and having integrity in all regards.

WeaverofFate
WeaverofFate
-->
@ebuc
I'm going to assume this is a troll, considering that your views have a number of different errors in logic and practicality. 

Not even mentioning the scientific blunders of climate change like global cooling of the past, that type of idea will not take effect... unless you're from a western country. Why? Because they're the main countries who care and/or believe in this emerging science. 

1. People in incredibly poor countries, like Africa, would not be able to enforce a policy to cease reproduction for a year. People would continue to reproduce anyways. Considering that these places are where the majority of births are, while first world countries suffer from a declining birthrate due to liberalism, the only countries able to enact such a policy would be people afraid enough and developed enough to enforce it. This would leave the western countries, which yet again, hurt my own countries. 

2. Countries won't want or care to follow that policy. Muslim countries are extremely against scientific politicization and intervention of the western powers. They believe child birth is a gift and necessity from Allah. They would not accept such a law. Additionally, China is polluting the atmosphere at an alarming rate. However, due to their declining birth rate (due to numerous political blunders), ethno-centrism, and nationalism, China would laugh at the idea unless they stood to gain. Of course, they wouldn't.

3. Increased political polarization would make people rebel against such an act in the nature of it being pushed by the left itself; many right wing figures would have children simply to spite the regime. It would be pushed by leftist because, globally, leftist parties support laws to curb climate change. I wouldn't blame them for rebelling against such a policy, and I would likely rebel myself.

4. How would you enforce it if someone broke the law? Prison time? Mandatory abortion? Get ready for once again, political unrest and civil war from right wingers. There's only so much the left can do before they're pushed over the edge.

This is why we cannot allow climate activitists to gain power; it leads to the radicalization of people towards leftism as these parties inevitably convince people of some type of vague moral imperative which justifies more leftism combined with authoritarianism. 

I also find it ironic that a more pressing potential issue, the eventual overuse of fresh water, isn't really brought up by the left or media frequently. Likely because they understand that they cannot politicize it and it is likely to spark nationalistic sentiment to guard water reserves. They'll likely need enough people to cede the climate front before they can get lefties to cuck out enough to be willing to give away their own water to countries that may lack in the future since water is more directly utilized and the effects are more easily seen by families. 
FLRW
FLRW

Around 300,000 years ago, when Homo sapiens likely first appeared, our total population was small, between 100 and 10,000 people. Now there are 8 billion people.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@FLRW
I'm assuming that when Homo-sapiens first appeared there were probably only 1 or 2.

Sort of interbreeding hominids I suppose.

I wonder who first decided that they were a Homo-sapiens.

And now there's 8 billion f**king the place up, and bible bashers worrying their arses off about an abortion or two.

Crazy but true.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@WeaverofFate
...it leads to the radicalization of people towards leftism...

Your clueless as survival of humanity is not a political issue. It is an issue of integrity, starting with leadership.

Over population of the operating systems we have in place, to main our standards of living is leading humanity to extinction.

My guess is, that, it will be pressures become so great there is going to loss of moral integrity in some leadership positions will be comprimised --or overrun by those with little to know moral integrity and hydrogen bombs will be released.  2232 give or take 50 years.

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
And now there's 8 billion f**king the place up, and bible bashers worrying their arses off about an abortion or two.
Crazy but true.

Yeah Zed, you correct. Their mostly nutters and semi-nutter who lack education, logic, common sense and critical thinking practices. End date 2232

ebuc
ebuc
We are each conceived without a heart.

..."  To wit: though pulsing cells can be detected in embryos as early as six weeks, this rhythm — detected by a doctor, via ultrasound — cannot be called a “heartbeat,” because embryos don’t have hearts. What is detectable at or around six weeks can more accurately be called “cardiac activity,” says Robyn Schickler, OB/GYN and fellow with Physicians for Reproductive Health. The difference between “cardiac activity” and “heartbeat” may seem linguistically minimal, but Schickler and others argue otherwise. At this stage, she says, what doctors can detect is essentially communication between a group of what will eventually become cardiac cells. https://www.thecut.com/2019/05/embryos-dont-have-hearts.html
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@ebuc
Ah yes, biology progresses to decide on whether a set of legal rules should be passed by the country or not. Definitely what science is made to do.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Intelligence_06
Ah yes, biology progresses to decide on whether a set of legal rules should be passed by the country or not. Definitely what science is made to do.
Science, is just another name for logical, common sense critical thinking based on empirical evidence.

Communicating cardiac cells is just another conspiracy for those who like to espouse  false narrative  attacks with logical, common sense and  critical thinking knowledge.

19 days later

AleutianTexan
AleutianTexan
-->
@ebuc
Without getting into the nuance of my values on the issue, I'm pro-choice. I, however, wanted to ask about your original post.
...These three pivotal justices also happen to be the only justices in American history appointed by both a president who lost the popular vote and confirmed by the votes of senators representing a minority of the U.S. population.

...The only other justices in history similarly confirmed by senators representing a minority of the American electorate, Clarence Thomas and Samuel Alito, are also on the court. These are the five justices who voted to overturn Roe. "
My question is, do you think that 
  1. This is American democracy working as intended or opposed to it's original constraints/values?
  2. Is it bad we have these systems in place?

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@AleutianTexan
1} ...These three pivotal justices also happen to be the only justices in American history appointed by both a president who lost the popular vote and confirmed by the votes of senators representing a minority of the U.S. population.

2}...The only other justices in history similarly confirmed by senators representing a minority of the American electorate, Clarence Thomas and Samuel Alito, are also on the court. These are the five justices who voted to overturn Roe. "
Al-T...My question is, do you think that 
  1. This is American democracy working as intended or opposed to it's original constraints/values?
  2. Is it bad we have these systems in place?
I dunno. Not a deep thinker about those type issues.

Those above are quotes from some article, as it doesnt appear to be my kinda of lingo.  Old post.