Another idiot dies by cop failing to follow commands and grabbing for the taser

Author: TWS1405

Total: 57
TWS1405
Debates: 0
TWS1405

What else is new. 

These idiots actually believe they have a right to question cops doing their job, refusing lawful commands, aggressively grabbing at a cop, reaching for their taser and/or service weapon, and all to contradict society’s established law and order. 

When you’re dumb enough to do this and you get yourself killed, you reap what you sow. Your fault, not the cops. 
Best.Korea
Debates: 269
Best.Korea
As soon as I read the title of the thread, I knew that you posted it.
TWS1405
Debates: 0
TWS1405
-->
@Best.Korea
Of course. Cause I’m the only one here telling the fact based truth about these encounters. That’s how you knew. 
Best.Korea
Debates: 269
Best.Korea
Its a bad idea to try to fight cops.

Whats the point of it?

60 days later

AleutianTexan
Debates: 4
AleutianTexan
-->
@TWS1405
These idiots actually believe they have a right to question cops doing their job, refusing lawful commands, aggressively grabbing at a cop, reaching for their taser and/or service weapon, and all to contradict society’s established law and order. 
The officer didn't tell him what he was being stopped for when the guy asked. Why would I assume a cop is "doing their job" or giving "lawful commands" if, up to the moment, I've done nothing wrong. Law and order can only be upheld in a society if citizens can know the law and what is expected of them.

TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@AleutianTexan
The officer didn't tell him what he was being stopped for when the guy asked. Why would I assume a cop is "doing their job" or giving "lawful commands" if, up to the moment, I've done nothing wrong. Law and order can only be upheld in a society if citizens can know the law and what is expected of them.

Cops do not answer to civilians like that. You need to first listen and don’t question. You don’t know the traffic laws, they do. Therefore, you won’t know if you did something wrong until you are told. Sometimes cops tell you after you give them your license and registration. Sometimes it’s the first thing they tell you. Either way, it is not to you to question their decisions and/or authority. 
PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@TWS1405
These idiots actually believe they have a right to question cops doing their job
They do have that right.

When you’re dumb enough to do this and you get yourself killed, you reap what you sow. Your fault, not the cops
At least somewhat of the cop's fault. Mostly the fault of the guy shot, but if I were the cop he would have cooperated with me and I wouldn't have had an issue. Now maybe the cop was a rookie or something but usually these situations can be avoided with a good combination of command presence and common courtesy 
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@TWS1405_2
You don’t know the traffic laws, they do
Not always. Lawyers usually know the law better than cops and the supreme court has also ruled cops do not need to know the law in order to enforce it.

I am not a lawyer and their are aspects of the law I probably understand better than a lot of cops.

Either way, it is not to you to question their decisions and/or authority
While true, the best cops I know read the book verbal jujitsu and have an easier time getting cooperation than the cop in this incident did.
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
So the guy gets out of his truck and it seems like he's walking towards his home? He doesn't even seem to be  aware that it's a traffic stop.
AleutianTexan
AleutianTexan
-->
@TWS1405_2
Therefore, you won’t know if you did something wrong until you are told.
He asked the officer and the officer didn't tell him. That's the problem. If there is no establishment of what is done wrong, then why should he listen. Do you believe that citizen should listen to the state, even when it's unjust?

TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
TWS1405_2
Not always. Lawyers usually know the law better than cops and the supreme court has also ruled cops do not need to know the law in order to enforce it.

I am not a lawyer and their are aspects of the law I probably understand better than a lot of cops.
When it comes to the routine basic traffic laws, yes, they do know the traffic laws better than the average Jane and John Doe. They even know them better than the lawyers do. Lawyers look up the laws after the fact to understand them in the context of the police report. 

I highly doubt “their” (sic) are aspects of the [traffic] law(s) you would understand better than a lot of cops. 

Either way, it is not to you to question their decisions and/or authority
While true, the best cops I know read the book verbal jujitsu and have an easier time getting cooperation than the cop in this incident did.
Irrelevant. Everything that has the potential to happen (or not happen) during a traffic stop is predicated on how the citizen stopped and contacted reacts to and treats the cop. The cop alters their position/stance based on that initial encounter. 
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@AleutianTexan
You won’t [know] if the stop was “unjust” until you’re eventually told and/or cited. Then you’re free to file a civil complaint with the police department if you feel the officer did you wrong; and you can make your case in court to the judge. 
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
LOL - yeah, right. Marked patrol car with lights and a uniformed officers is talking to you…he apparently didn’t know it was a traffic stop. FFS 🤦🏼‍♂️
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@TWS1405_2
When it comes to the routine basic traffic laws, yes, they do
Without googling it, how long is considered reasonable for a reasonable stop?

The supreme court has given the exact time to the minute.

I mention that one because cops get it wrong all of the time. 

We also have many cops who are either stupid and don't understand they are violating the spirit of the law many times or they are smart and pretending to be stupid so they can violate the spirit of the law. For example pulling people over for dice in the mirror. 

The cop alters their position/stance based on that initial encounter
Not true at all that it is completely dependent on the person stopped, otherwise you wouldn't have the best cops using the book verbal jujitsu. You also wouldn't have studies, like the studies which show command presence keeps cops safer. Those studies wouldn't even be relevant if all cops behaved exactly identical like robots. 

Like it or not, police officers are not robots and each one has a separate personality as well as a variety of policing skills

TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
When it comes to the routine basic traffic laws, yes, they do
Without googling it, how long is considered reasonable for a reasonable stop?

The supreme court has given the exact time to the minute.

I mention that one because cops get it wrong all of the time. 

Shifting the goal posts from knowing the traffic laws to duration of a traffic stop I see. 🤦 
The Supreme Court cannot give a time duration on a traffic stop as no two traffic stops are 100% equal. They are inherently different and predicated on a multitude of unpredictable factors that center on the person being stopped.

We also have many cops who are either stupid and don't understand they are violating the spirit of the law many times or they are smart and pretending to be stupid so they can violate the spirit of the law. For example pulling people over for dice in the mirror. 
When a citizen stopped asks questions or attempts to engage the officer in casual conversation that prolongs the stop, that is not violating the spirit of the law. Your characterization of cops being stupid is nothing short of an ignorant emotively driven subjective opinion lumping all cops under the same umbrella of your stupid characterization. 

There is a reason why dice don’t hang from the mirror anymore, state legislators have outlawed it because it was determined to be something that has the potential to obstruct the driver’s full view out of the windshield. So if someone has dice and get pulled over, well, that’s an example of someone not knowing the current law regarding objects deemed an obstruction and the cops knowing the law better than that driver. Cracks in the windshield also fall under the same category, and one can be cited for a damaged windshield due to said obstructions. 

The cop alters their position/stance based on that initial encounter
Not true at all that it is completely dependent on the person stopped, otherwise you wouldn't have the best cops using the book verbal jujitsu. You also wouldn't have studies, like the studies which show command presence keeps cops safer. Those studies wouldn't even be relevant if all cops behaved exactly identical like robots. 

Like it or not, police officers are not robots and each one has a separate personality as well as a variety of policing skills

No, it is absolutely 100% true. We are all human beings, to include cops, and when one human being decides to be a dick to an officer for no reason other than they being pissed off that they got pulled over, depending on how much they get accosted or if the person gets out of the car, does in fact determine the choices the cop makes from there. And stopped using that stupid phrase “the book of verbal jujitsu,” it’s not making your position sound anymore factually accurate when it so clearly is not. 

While some cops can be arrogant pricks (I’ve dealt with a few in my time) on traffic stops (and I have filed complaints against them for it), the vast majority are not and exude confidence and kindness, even in the fact of the citizens stupidity. Again, we are all human and can change our behavior, demeanor and attitude based on how we are treated by another despite all efforts to be kind. 

Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@TWS1405_2
I watched the video, he seemed confused when the officer talked to him. He was walking away. 
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@TWS1405_2
Shifting the goal posts from knowing the traffic laws to duration of a traffic stop I see

Wrong

Another court has ruled that it should be less than 15 minutes generally speaking.

There is a reason why dice don’t hang from the mirror anymore, state legislators have outlawed it because it was determined to be something that has the potential to obstruct the driver’s full view out of the windshield.
It doesn't obstruct the view though, nice try. We have bifocal vision so as long as each eye has a different angle, you should be able to see any traffic behind it. 

Cracks in the windshield also fall under the same category, and one can be cited for a damaged windshield due to said obstructions
See bifocal vision. It doesn't obstruct driving because some rock left a tiny crack in your windshield.

So again cops being like "well technically it is In their vision so it obstructs view" is not following the spirit of the law. On top of that if we actually took what you said seriously then the bar that connects the rearview mirror to the windshield technically obstructs the view also.

You would have to be a complete retard to thing somebody hanging an air freshener is risking a car crash because of it. 

stopped using that stupid phrase “the book of verbal jujitsu,” it’s not making your position sound anymore factually accurate when it so clearly is not. 
Ha, so you haven't read it. It's absolutely retarded to think how you stay stuff has no effect on how others respond to you. If you want we can debate whether choosing words differently effects the behavior of others, we can also have a debate on whether command presence is more likely to get favorable outcomes for police than those who do not use command presence.

Again, we are all human and can change our behavior, demeanor and attitude based on how we are treated by another despite all efforts to be kind. 
One hell of an admission. Prior to that you claimed cops were all robots and the citizen being stopped was in full control of an officers behavior. 
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
Traffic stop I would include with traffic laws and another interesting ruling is a supreme court ruling deciding cops do not need to understand the law in order to be law enforcement 
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Shifting the goal posts from knowing the traffic laws to duration of a traffic stop I see
Wrong
No, Right! You jumped from baselessly claiming cops know very little about the routine traffic laws that they enforce to the courts determining how long a traffic stop should and shouldn’t be. That’s shifting the goal posts (i.e. a non sequitur argument).

There is a reason why dice don’t hang from the mirror anymore, state legislators have outlawed it because it was determined to be something that has the potential to obstruct the driver’s full view out of the windshield.
It doesn't obstruct the view though, nice try. We have bifocal vision so as long as each eye has a different angle, you should be able to see any traffic behind it. 
That is your subjective opinion and not a fact!

Hanging objects from the rear view mirror
In Illinois, it is a traffic violation to hang or place any sign, window application or reflective material between the driver and the front windshield, rear window, side wings or side windows. This includes fuzzy dice hanging over a rearview mirror, dashboard hula figurines and photographs.”

“A majority of states have laws making it illegal to hang anything from a rearview mirror that obscures a driver’s view.”

Cracks in the windshield also fall under the same category, and one can be cited for a damaged windshield due to said obstructions
See bifocal vision. It doesn't obstruct driving because some rock left a tiny crack in your windshield.
“3. "Outright breakage" means glass which is severely cracked or shattered to the extent that air passes through it or, if by running a fingertip over the cracked area, the glass moves or sharp edges can be felt;
4. "Star break or shot damage" means a vented break with cracks radiating from the point of impact; and
5. "Stress or hairline crack" means a crack which has no visible point of impact.”

So again cops being like "well technically it is In their vision so it obstructs view" is not following the spirit of the law. On top of that if we actually took what you said seriously then the bar that connects the rearview mirror to the windshield technically obstructs the view also.
Again you are patently wrong. It is written into the law as given by the OK law above. 

You would have to be a complete retard to thing somebody hanging an air freshener is risking a car crash because of it. 
Guess all those legislators who wrote the law prohibiting fuzzy dive and air fresheners hanging from the rear view mirror are all retards then, according to your (Ill)logic. 🤦🏼‍♂️ 

stopped using that stupid phrase “the book of verbal jujitsu,” it’s not making your position sound anymore factually accurate when it so clearly is not. 
Ha, so you haven't read it. It's absolutely retarded to think how you stay stuff has no effect on how others respond to you. If you want we can debate whether choosing words differently effects the behavior of others, we can also have a debate on whether command presence is more likely to get favorable outcomes for police than those who do not use command presence.
Don’t need to read it. I know how to execute proper interpersonal communications. I was so good at it when I was conducting background investigations for a county Sheriff of new candidates, that many felt so comfortable talking to me they divulged information that got their application tossed into the bin. 

Ever wear the uniform? Put the badge on? Conduct traffic stops? 

Again, we are all human and can change our behavior, demeanor and attitude based on how we are treated by another despite all efforts to be kind. 
One hell of an admission. Prior to that you claimed cops were all robots and the citizen being stopped was in full control of an officers behavior. 
I made no such claim. You clearly know not of anything regarding psychology and human interactions that go in any direction based on the behavior, attitude, demeanor and word choice of one party directed at another. 

It is patently clear at this point that you’re talking out your ass on this subject matter, because you have been nothing but consistently factually inaccurate in all your responses. And I am beginning to question your reading comprehension skills now as well. 

PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@TWS1405_2
Don’t need to read it. I know how to execute proper interpersonal communications. I was so good at it when I was conducting background investigations for a county Sheriff of new candidates, that many felt so comfortable talking to me they divulged information that got their application tossed into the bin. 
I guess that is better than doing polygraph tests which have too many false negatives and false positives to be even a tiny bit useful.

You: I made no such claim. You clearly know not of anything regarding psychology and human interactions that go in any direction based on the behavior, attitude, demeanor and word choice of one party directed at another. 

Also you: Irrelevant. Everything that has the potential to happen (or not happen) during a traffic stop is predicated on how the citizen stopped and contacted reacts to and treats the cop. The cop alters their position/stance based on that initial encounter. 

Guess all those legislators who wrote the law prohibiting fuzzy dive and air fresheners hanging from the rear view mirror are all retards then, according to your (Ill)logic. 🤦🏼‍♂️ 
Dropped my argument about bifocal vision proving a graduation tassel on a mirror has neve once been the recorded cause of an accident. Drop my argument that if we go by how you defined things previously, the bar connecting the rearview mirror to the windshield qualifies as an obstruction.

Ever wear the uniform? Put the badge on? Conduct traffic stops? 
No, I have read over 100 studies on policing, many of the studies used to create policy for police department in general and typically I am the biggest defender of police on the site. You just make terrible pro police arguments, which make the libtards look correct, which offends me. 

3. "Outright breakage" means glass which is severely cracked or shattered to the extent that air passes through it or, if by running a fingertip over the cracked area, the glass moves or sharp edges can be felt;
4. "Star break or shot damage" means a vented break with cracks radiating from the point of impact; and
5. "Stress or hairline crack" means a crack which has no visible point of impact.”

You merely said crack before, if you had a more nuanced view, you should have written the above out to start with.

No, Right! You jumped from baselessly claiming cops know very little about the routine traffic laws that they enforce to the courts determining how long a traffic stop should and shouldn’t be. That’s shifting the goal posts (i.e. a non sequitur argument

I didn't claim they know very little. I assume they know a lot. Look over my claim again. I stated sometimes the people they are pulling over know more about traffic laws. Obviously that would be a tiny minority, but it is different than your claim that zero people know the law better than your average idiot beat cop. Seriously I think the latest study has their average IQ at 106. 

Nothing to brag about. If you removed retards and blacks out of the population than the average IQ of your normal person would be around 115. 
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Stress or hairline crack" means a crack which has no visible point of impact.”

You merely said crack before, if you had a more nuanced view, you should have written the above out to start with.

There’s that lack of reading comprehension skills coming through… 🤦 
Common knowledge doesn’t needs no more explanation than it does citation. 
You proved that you are one of the ones who know nothing about traffic laws, even as commonly known as cracked windshields being illegal as they are an obstruction, and you would be the type to argue with a cop about it when pulled over. 

You have also demonstrated that you lack any measure of integrity and/or honesty, seeing as your intellectual cowardice prevents you from admitting when you are so blatantly and clearly WRONG! (And proven so!!!)
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@TWS1405_2
you would be the type to argue with a cop about it when pulled over. 
Not really. It doesn't accomplish much. I will tell my lawyer how retarded the cop is though, so they can handle him
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Your ignorant subjective opinion about the officer being ignorant says more about you than it does the cop. Especially to a lawyer. Heard this garbage one time too many working in not only law enforcement myself (in various capacities), but also the CJS as well under a DA. 

Just give it up. You’ve already shown what a clown you are. Why keep adding makeup and frills to your ever growing costume! 
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@TWS1405_2
You state things and go back on them. You are the clown. For example you stated all cracked windows impair vision. Look below

Cracks in the windshield also fall under the same category, and one can be cited for a damaged windshield due to said obstructions. 
I pointed out that there is a situation where a crack would not obstruct view such as a tiny pebble that leaves a small dent in the windshield with micr cracks. You back pedaled. Here is that exchange 

I said

See bifocal vision. It doesn't obstruct driving because some rock left a tiny crack in your windshield
You back pedaled with the following statements to change it from any possible crack to specific types.

"Outright breakage" means glass which is severely cracked or shattered to the extent that air passes through it or, if by running a fingertip over the cracked area, the glass moves or sharp edges can be felt;

Notice how your last statement is dramatically different than the first where you mentioned any possible crack. You did a similar back pedaling below when you stated a police interactions was not influenced to any degree by an officer but only by the person they are interacting with.

Irrelevant. Everything that has the potential to happen (or not happen) during a traffic stop is predicated on how the citizen stopped and contacted reacts to and treats the cop. The cop alters their position/stance based on that initial encounter. 
I correctly point out that police are not robots and then you walk this back by stating the following.

Again, we are all human and can change our behavior, demeanor and attitude based on how we are treated by another despite all efforts to be kind

So which is it? Is the first statement true that the cop is a slave to the actions of the citizen encountered or the second statement that each have some responsibility for how an interaction plays out?

Here is another place you walk things back. You state

I playing that every single cop knows laws better than every single citizen. You then back pedaled and tried to claim all traffic laws.

When it comes to the routine basic traffic laws, yes, they do know the traffic laws better than the average Jane and John Doe.
Then you add the qualifier, better than the average. However you didn't say better than average before. The first statement means all cops know more about traffic laws than all non cops.

We can define all traffic laws as every law that in any way shape or form has to do with traffic, traffic stops, regulations around traffic including road engineering policies etc. So I mentioned one area where lawyers may know more than cops and here is your response where you walk it back from every traffic laws to traffic laws cops are more likely to interact with on a daily basis

So what is it, you changed your claim from every cop knowing more than every citizen to then making a more general claim and then when that is challenged getting even more specific. 

Yet despite you changing your responses, you accuse me of being the one to move goal posts. 

At most you can accuse me of being pedantic, but moving goal posts, no that's you. Which is why you will ignore what a wrote above and refuse to acknowledge you wrote in a less than precise way
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Intellectual coward denialist poster child for the Dunning Kruger effect. Thanks for proving that fact to the proverbial T. Ass clown. All anyone needs to do is read your drivel and observe your obvious lack of reading comprehension skills and inability to follow along let alone zero integrity to admit when you’re wrong. 
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
Those are your quotes though. Lol
AleutianTexan
AleutianTexan
-->
@TWS1405_2
This is a general value question, but do you think citizens have a duty and/or right to stand up, violently or otherwise, against tyrannical or unjust governments?

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
American culture.
YouFound_Lxam
Debates: 32
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@TWS1405
Just watched the video, and the cop did exactly what he was supposed to do. 

First off, when he pulls the man over, he repeatedly did not listen to instructions, therefore the cop had to detain him, not arrest but detain him, because he was not complying. Cops sometimes handcuff people just to calm them down and keep them safe. It's not always for arresting. 

Second off, the man pushes the cop over, escalating the situation. The cop tazzes him twice, which fails to work, if you watch the entire video from these three angles: Man pulled over for window tint violation killed; police footage released (yahoo.com) then you will see that for the majority of the time, the man was on top of the cop, beating on him, and the cop had no backup whatsoever. The cop used the taser twice, couldn't reload it because he was being beat on, and had no other choice than to use lethal force to protect himself. 

The cop had no backup, no access to call for backup, no more access to any more taser shots, and did not have control over the attacker. Therefore, in this situation, the cop had to use lethal force to protect himself. This could have been avoided, if the man did not resist arrest. 

TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Those are your quotes though. Lol
Take out of context and incorrectly applied to your still unsubstantiated claim. Yeah, LOL! 😝