Abortion is morally wrong, no exceptions.

Author: YouFound_Lxam

Total: 181
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@TWS1405
@YouFound_Lxam
Relative to conditioning, abortion is a more or less emotive subject.

And relative to conditioning, we apply our own data constructs and collective data constructs to the subject, all of which are subjective.

No one is right and no one is wrong, because there is no greater authority to judge.

So, we must abide by our collective laws until such times when laws might change.

And if we find that our individual needs are unfulfilled, we must continue to lobby for change in respect of our own emotions.
YouFound_Lxam
Debates: 32
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@zedvictor4
Abortion is a very emotional topic.

But the facts show that abortion practiced by doctors, is murder.
So yes, pro-life is right. It's in the name pro-life.

Anything going against the right to life is morally wrong and should be looked at as such.

And Pro-abortions claims that it is her body her choice, is bull****.

The baby is not in fact a part of her body, it only resides in her body, till ready to come out of the womb. But it is still a living child. 
TWS1405
Debates: 0
TWS1405
-->
@zedvictor4
I am right and Liam is wrong. Plain and simple. 
It’s precisely because this is an emotively charged debate that makes pro lifers unequivocally wrong on this subject because they toss all logic and facts out the window with the bath water. 
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
It’s precisely because this is an emotively charged debate that makes pro lifers unequivocally wrong on this subject because they toss all logic and facts out the window with the bath water. 
No your basing your arguments on emotion, by getting mad at me for being right.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@TWS1405
@YouFound_Lxam
As I said.

No one is right and no one is wrong.
TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@zedvictor4
And as I said, I am right and he is wrong. And you’re wrong too. This topic is fact driven by biology, sociology, psychology AND the law. 
TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
You’re not right. You’re a whole lot of wrong and an intellectual coward, proven over and over again each time you post your emotively driven nonsensical tripe about the subject for which you have no knowledge thereof. 
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@TWS1405
This topic is human driven, by two sets of opposing data.

Neither set is right and neither set is wrong.

And unless we can get a GOD to put in an appearance we will never know.

Though I suspect that a GOD would probably say whatever and be far more concerned about the mess we've made of his lovely creation.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@zedvictor4
I couldn't imagine knowing if it is right or wrong andddddddd as a bloke i don't have to undergo this procedure ,  which is BIG FUCKING thing. 
Because a overwhelming majority of people are generally scared to have a " operation " 
Right? 

I would be shit scared to have an abortion. 
More so then to have a child . And the comparison of pain between them two is opposite ends of the spectrum. 
Child birth being like death isn't it. 
I believe.  

But The pain thing has nothing to do with being moraly wrong or right.
Orrrrr does it.
No it dont hey. 

Sooooooo. 
I'm going to lock in What Zed said. 
Dunno 

Butttttttt do i think i should know if it is wrong or right ?
Again 
Dunno. 

I might have to wait until i hear what the ones whom have been aborted have to say about it. 
I've a funny feeling they would be against it. 
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
They would be dead against it
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Maybe the next 1000 abortions should not be allowed . 
Thennn  we get them 1000 people and ask them. 
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
It is safe to say that a females opinion on this subject is more valid  and more to be takin in then a mere gods opinion on this subject.  
So gods idea on if it is right or wrong is the same as the Easter bunnies.  

Do ya reckon god knows more about  Period pain  then ya average woman. 

YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
Do ya reckon god knows more about  Period pain  then ya average woman. 
Probably
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Presumably GODDO invented period pain.

Or not.

Perhaps it's an evolved side effect of female fecundity.

A bit like gizz stains in your underpants.

55 days later

AleutianTexan
Debates: 4
AleutianTexan
-->
@TWS1405
@YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam,

1. You ask
At what point does a baby in the womb become living, and morally wrong to kill.
But, regardless of my answer, the baby/fetus is still existing in a womb that isn't there's. Should a woman be required to carry the fetus/baby? To what extent does another person have a LEGAL responsibility to help another person survive? Should someone get manslaughter for evicting a squatter from their house if they freeze outside?

2. You'll probably answer with a variation of this comment you already made
If a woman knows that if she gets pregnant, it could cause her to die, then that is her decision to get pregnant and face that risk.
Saying that a woman is responsible for her actions, however, how responsible can people be? You don't get to assume how knowledgeable someone is, especially when, in the United States, only 38 states and DC mandate sex education. On top of this, 350,000 teen pregnancies a year in the United States with 82% of them unintentional have no way to hold children accountable for knowing where babies come from.

TWS1405, 
The other downfall of the pro-lifer position is it always fails to take into consideration the effect of adding another human not only to society but also the planet will have. Especially when the mother is unwed and neither mentally and/or financially prepared for losing 18 years of their own life, giving it to another for free and with little to no appreciation from various individuals close to her and from those that have nothing to do with her yet would force this upon her.
As a pro-choicer, dogshit take. Putting down the baby for the mom post-birth or the environment are both god-tier dystopian ways to evaluate life. Post-birth is fully solved through adoption, though that doesn't solve the loss of autonomy during pregnancy. For the environment/planet, unless you're willing to call for mass death, in which case I'll answer that straight up, let's say this is flawed logic.

Generally,
Why can't we just use artificial womb technology. It's right on the cusp, only requiring legal approval to test. It doesn't kill babies and doesn't force women to carry. Win, win.

YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@AleutianTexan
But, regardless of my answer, the baby/fetus is still existing in a womb that isn't there's. Should a woman be required to carry the fetus/baby? To what extent does another person have a LEGAL responsibility to help another person survive? Should someone get manslaughter for evicting a squatter from their house if they freeze outside?
The laws on abortion are still in the gray area. That is why I am claiming that abortion should be illegal, not that it is. There is no legal extent, only a moral extent. I am arguing on a moral basis. Morally, abortion should be illegal. 

Should someone get manslaughter for evicting a squatter from their house if they freeze outside?
No, because the squatter, as you would call them, made the decision, or at least had a chance, to not be squatter. A baby, doesn't have any say in what happens to them, and has no ability whatsoever to change their state of being. Squatters do. 

Saying that a woman is responsible for her actions, however, how responsible can people be? You don't get to assume how knowledgeable someone is, especially when, in the United States, only 38 states and DC mandate sex education. On top of this, 350,000 teen pregnancies a year in the United States with 82% of them unintentional have no way to hold children accountable for knowing where babies come from.
Good point. 
Just to clarify, it is 39 states that require sex education, but whatever. 
But do you really think that people who have sex, and know how to get an abortion, don't know about condoms? It's not rocket science.

AleutianTexan
AleutianTexan
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
1. Yeah, but there are tons of things I think are immoral (not holding the door for someone) that I wouldn't make illegal. I'm saying, in your ideal world, to what legal extent, do we have to help another to survive. Your disproving of the exact analogy I gave of the squatter doesn't answer the fundamental question, and I won't go down the rabbit hole of the analogy. 

2. There are pregnant 12 year olds. I'm exactly saying that children don't know how safe sex works (not to mention the lack of perfect effectiveness).
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@AleutianTexan
. Yeah, but there are tons of things I think are immoral (not holding the door for someone) that I wouldn't make illegal. I'm saying, in your ideal world, to what legal extent, do we have to help another to survive. Your disproving of the exact analogy I gave of the squatter doesn't answer the fundamental question, and I won't go down the rabbit hole of the analogy. 
Another great point, but abortion isn't about helping another to survive, abortion is the removal of an unwanted life. Making it illegal wouldn't be helping, but stopping the killing of a fetus, or zygote. Abortion is the killing of another human life, correct? So the killing of another human life should be illegal. It's not complicated. 

There are pregnant 12 year olds. I'm exactly saying that children don't know how safe sex works (not to mention the lack of perfect effectiveness).
If anyone understands how to have sex, and understands how to get an abortion, then they definitely know how to use a condom. 

AleutianTexan
AleutianTexan
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
1. So can a woman remove the fetus/baby and just let it go out in the world? Not kill it, just let it survive?

2. I don't think you get to make that assumption. What a literal child is and isn't aware of is all wonky and assumptions about that aren't helpful. What I'm saying is, despite the fact we're not policymakers, I maybe willing to horse trade agreement to comprehensive sex education nationwide for agreement to abortion bans.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@AleutianTexan
1. So can a woman remove the fetus/baby and just let it go out in the world? Not kill it, just let it survive?
Taking a fetus out of your body, is the equivalent of abortion. It hasn't fully developed with the ability to survive yet. It is still a human, but it still needs time to grow. 

2. I don't think you get to make that assumption. What a literal child is and isn't aware of is all wonky and assumptions about that aren't helpful. What I'm saying is, despite the fact we're not policymakers, I maybe willing to horse trade agreement to comprehensive sex education nationwide for agreement to abortion bans.
Yes, we can't assume that all 12 year olds that have sex, and get an abortions', didn't know about condoms. We should still put it to court though. It should be a case in court where a jury decides. 

But even still, you can't use the idea, that "some 12 year olds get pregnant and don't know about condoms" for the claim, that abortion should be legal, because the majority of adults, and teenagers, who have sex, and get an abortion are aware that condoms exist. 
AleutianTexan
AleutianTexan
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
1. So the issue at hand isn't the act of killing, but not helping with survival, even if the help is necessary. Since it's not about the direct act of killing, I go back to my first question you tried to avoid, in your ideal world, to what legal extent, do we have to help another to survive?

2a. Laws are not developed through courts. What would the court case be? Do you mean that abortion laws and comprehensive sex ed laws should be up to legislators, or are you talking about a specific instance of courts?

2b. Laws are supposed to be universal. If a law is unjust to some, and doesn't have a exemption or statute to rectify that, then it is a bad law. If your argument is that the law is fair to 99% of people (which it isn't, but that's the core of the the first part, so I won't cross apply it) then I would demand a plan to solve for the last 1%. This would just look like mandating a federal comprehensive sexual education course to graduate high school and allowing abortion for minors. 
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@AleutianTexan
 So the issue at hand isn't the act of killing, but not helping with survival, even if the help is necessary.
Literally the opposite of what I said.

. Laws are not developed through courts. What would the court case be? Do you mean that abortion laws and comprehensive sex ed laws should be up to legislators, or are you talking about a specific instance of courts?
Of course, they aren't. I'm saying that if we make it illegal, then it will go into court just like any other crime. 

. Laws are supposed to be universal. If a law is unjust to some, and doesn't have a exemption or statute to rectify that, then it is a bad law. If your argument is that the law is fair to 99% of people (which it isn't, but that's the core of the the first part, so I won't cross apply it) then I would demand a plan to solve for the last 1%. This would just look like mandating a federal comprehensive sexual education course to graduate high school and allowing abortion for minors. 
America is run by the people. Majority vote. Majority count. 

AleutianTexan
AleutianTexan
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
1. You said 
Taking a fetus out of your body, is the equivalent of abortion. It hasn't fully developed with the ability to survive yet. It is still a human, but it still needs time to grow. 
when I said we should just let the women take it out and let it survive. Saying that you said the issue in question is not the act of killing it and it's a matter of helping it survive is using YOUR words. If you are simply against the act of killing, then a women can remove the fetus, not kill it, and anything that happens is not her fault. If it's a matter of her having to help the fetus survive, then I go back to my previous question you keep avoiding, in your ideal world, to what legal extent, do we have to help another to survive? If you don't have an answer to the Catch 22, just say it.

2. If your argument is that you are knowingly creating an unjust law, then just say you're knowingly wrong and move on. Hiding behind the idea of "majority vote" is just a way to justify that the issue is too complex for you to fully account for and you're unwilling to justify yourself.

3. 55% of people are pro-choice, 39% are pro-life. If you just support majority rules, then why don't you just endorse pro-choice?

YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@AleutianTexan
when I said we should just let the women take it out and let it survive. Saying that you said the issue in question is not the act of killing it and it's a matter of helping it survive is using YOUR words. If you are simply against the act of killing, then a women can remove the fetus, not kill it, and anything that happens is not her fault. If it's a matter of her having to help the fetus survive, then I go back to my previous question you keep avoiding, in your ideal world, to what legal extent, do we have to help another to survive? If you don't have an answer to the Catch 22, just say it.
I mean take this example for instance:

If someone is choking, and someone who knows CPR is watching, and does nothing to help, they can be held legally responsible. 
Now, of course there would have to be grey area, because the world, isn't all black and white, so yes, some mothers would just take the fetus out and leave it to die, and nothing would happen to them, because of the lack of evidence tying them back to the crime. But of course, you could DNA test stuff. 

But it's still not the extent of saving someone's life compared to helping them. You put them in that situation and left them. If a mother takes a fetus out of her body and leaves it to die, she left the fetus to die. She put it in danger, knowing that the fetus would die. It's the equivalent of forcing someone on a boat, in the middle of the sea, with no supplies, and not helping at all. 

So, to answer your question, legally, we should hold people responsible who have a chance of saving someone (who is in a lethal scenario) and deliberatley don't at least try to save a person in some sort of way.
But this could go as far as calling for help. And as always there will be grey areas. 
AleutianTexan
AleutianTexan
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Back to the squatter example, is this different than putting someone outside in the cold where they freeze to death without helping them. The legal framework of you must help those you can stop from dying from preventable deaths does more to indict those with incredible wealth and those who interact with the homeless than a women engaging in an abortion.
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@AleutianTexan
Back to the squatter example, is this different than putting someone outside in the cold where they freeze to death without helping them. The legal framework of you must help those you can stop from dying from preventable deaths does more to indict those with incredible wealth and those who interact with the homeless than a women engaging in an abortion.
well stated
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Abortion just makes me sick,
well, then

you should probably stop getting them
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@AleutianTexan
The legal framework of you must help those you can stop from dying from preventable deaths does more to indict those with incredible wealth and those who interact with the homeless than a women engaging in an abortion.
Well, it depends on the situation. What would be the specifics of the situation?
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@AleutianTexan
Back to the squatter example, is this different than putting someone outside in the cold where they freeze to death without helping them.
Putting someone outside in the cold, who doesn't have the ability to survive, without helping them, would be considered illegal. 
But with not helping someone there is a lot of grey area with that answer, so I wouldn't be able to answer that directly. 
AleutianTexan
AleutianTexan
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Anything besides socialized healthcare should be illegal under your framework.