zedvictor4
We won the Falklands.

F**k the World Cup.
Reece101
Debates: 1
Reece101
-->
@ahiyah
Then what do you propose it is? These are *western* people making demands and passing judgment on *Middle Eastern* people, lol. That much should be clear to anyone.
Cultural relativism originated in the “west” though. Does that make you a westerner? East, west, north and south doesn’t matter. 

Oh pls, do expound. No one will have a clue what you're trying to say otherwise.

If you read my comment to you again, you'll see that I was extremely clear about my stance. To explain it in even simpler terms: there was no diplomatic, friendly, or nuanced discussion about Qatar's values and laws. Instead, we tried to impose our views on Qatar and it was not consenting. Qatar don't want to emulate the West, so this was really futile and arrogant on our part. Again, consider "consent" and the importance of that when it comes to having a dialogue and wanting the other party to understand or change in some way. Resorting to threats like we will boycott or we will stop the World Cup from being held there is NOT "peaceful" or an example of people "determining their values"; it is *forcing* another nation to be like you and punishing them if they aren't.
Are you against boycotting Israel then? I just want to see if you have a principled stance.

And really, ideology should be irrelevant. We should be able to show tolerance toward another nation without letting our ideology get in the way. Why are people so immature and narcissistic these days? Are you one of them? 😆
Ideology should be irrelevant? Say that to the workers that were subject to slave labour, all the way up to people wearing t-shirts with rainbows on them. 

By the way, you started the argument with Lol. 

ahiyah
Debates: 0
ahiyah
-->
@Reece101
Cultural relativism originated in the “west” though. Does that make you a westerner? East, west, north and south doesn’t matter. 
Stupid and irrelevant.

Are you against boycotting Israel then? I just want to see if you have a principled stance.
Hm, yes...I'm against boycotting Israel 😂

Ideology should be irrelevant? Say that to the workers that were subject to slave labour, all the way up to people wearing t-shirts with rainbows on them.
At this point, I'm almost certain you're trolling. You can't write the above and expect to be taken seriously.

By the way, you started the argument with Lol.
And you said THIS: Ideology should be irrelevant? Say that to the workers that were subject to slave labour, all the way up to people wearing t-shirts with rainbows on them. 

LOL!