@Sidewalker
Enjoy the dystopia. 
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
-->
@Greyparrot
Enjoy the dystopia. 
Sorry, but the Trump cult hasn't had the Constitution thrown out yet.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Sidewalker
Pretty sure it's open season on anyone if you happen to be in a crowd and the government opens fire.

Regardless. Thanks for supporting this action. I guess you think it's in the constitution for the government to be able to do this. They sure paid your media outlet well to teach you this.
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@Greyparrot
Pretty sure it's open season on anyone if you happen to be in a crowd and the government opens fire.
Yes, especially when they open fire in self defense.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Sidewalker
Yes, especially when they open fire in self defense.
Yep. That's what they paid the media to tell you why it's ok to live in a world where the government can shoot metal bullets into a large crowd in the hopes of killing someone.

We can all see it worked, now pat yourself on the back and take a well-deserved compliment.
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
Do you believe the Capitol police have the right to secure the US Capitol from invaders, including stopping said invaders from attacking members of congress as they evacuate the building for their own safety?
By shooting metal bullets into them?
Uh, yeah genius. That’s why law enforcement carries guns including those guarding every secured facility on earth.

I guess it's acceptable now when it was not so much during the Kent State shootings.
There’s no way you are dumb enough to really believe these two things are the same. You are clearly trolling.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Uh, yeah genius. That’s why law enforcement carries guns including those guarding every secured facility on earth.
To open fire into a crowd? OK. Thanks for your continued support for this government action (genius)
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
Do you support the government shooting into a crowd of people with the intent to kill?
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Greyparrot
Yeah, that's what the Government said too when they got away with the Kent State shootings.
Bunch of bums, anyway

SkepticalOne
Debates: 9
SkepticalOne
-->
@Barney
tl;dr: both major parties suck.
One definitely sucks worse than the other. 
IwantRooseveltagain
Debates: 0
IwantRooseveltagain
Ok genius, lead is a metal.
So is gold and silver. That’s why people don’t say bullets are made of metal.

“Don’t move or I’ll fill you full of metal” said nobody ever

Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@Greyparrot

Do you support the government shooting into a crowd of people with the intent to kill?
That's the only way to shoot into a crowd.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
That's the only way to shoot into a crowd.
What an edgelord. Strong and proud.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
So is gold and silver. That’s why people don’t say bullets are made of metal.
But you do want to say that word to differentiate from rubber bullets, because while you can definitely say firing metal bullets into a crowd is with an intent to kill, you cannot say the same about rubber.
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@Greyparrot
firing metal bullets into a crowd is with an intent to kill
You say that like it's a bad thing?
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Greyparrot
@Sidewalker
You guys do realize that there's a difference between indiscriminate fire into a crowd and firing at the one person breaking in through a window?
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@SirAnonymous
Your context is wrong. He is referring to laws and rules with regard to elections and voting in the constitution. Not the entire document. He is saying  the 2020 election violated the constitution with regard to laws and rules stated with in it.  Namely certifying fraudulent elections.
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@sadolite
Your context is wrong. He is referring to laws and rules with regard to elections and voting in the constitution. Not the entire document.
I will grant that there is a theoretical difference between terminating the entire Constitution and only terminating part of it. Practically, however, if the parts of the Constitution that govern elections are terminated, the rest will soon follow.
He is saying  the 2020 election violated the constitution with regard to laws and rules stated with in it.  Namely certifying fraudulent elections.
He is saying much more than that those parts of the Constitution were violated. He is saying that those parts of the Constitution can be terminated. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
Only Rosie O’Donnell
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@SirAnonymous
You guys do realize that there's a difference between indiscriminate fire into a crowd and firing at the one person breaking in through a window?
I understand the difference, not sure if they understand it on whatever planet GP is from though,  they have a pretty bizzare way of thinking about things, it's pretty obvious that they inhabit a completely different reality.  

Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
To open fire into a crowd? OK. Thanks for your continued support for this government action (genius)
You can’t be this stupid.

Context matters. The fact that there were multiple people invading the US Capitol doesn’t give them some magical immunity to break into secured spaces and put members of Congress’s lives in danger.

If you actually watched the video, the bullet was fired at the entrance to a hallway where the rioters were literally within about 50 feet of congress as they were evacuating.

What would you have had them do? No, that’s a real question. How would you protect the lives of the members of your government if you were in charge of the Capitol grounds? With pepper spray?
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Greyparrot
There's only 2 ways I know of to do that. 2/3 majority of Congress or armed revolt
You getting dementia OGP?

Trumpets been shouting it from pulpit to his 60 million cult of misfits and the white house for 6 years now?.

Maybe multiple choice statements confuses your ability to accecss logical common sense.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
What would you have had them do?
Maybe get the same treatment other violent protests got? Teargas, flashbangs? Shooting pepperballs?

I recall that was used to clear out the less than peaceful protesters out of Lafayette square?

Oh yeah, Also not get waved in by the police like a slaughterhouse. Not being incited by FBI plants. That coulda helped.

thett3
Debates: 2
thett3
-->
@SirAnonymous
Trump has got to go. His loss to Biden permanently broke him. I couldn't vote for him again and if he has lost me of all people I don't see how he could win again. Ron DeSantis may not be perfect but right now I think he's the only person who can beat Trump 1 on 1--the field must be cleared for him immediately.
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@thett3
Trump has got to go. His loss to Biden permanently broke him. I couldn't vote for him again and if he has lost me of all people I don't see how he could win again. Ron DeSantis may not be perfect but right now I think he's the only person who can beat Trump 1 on 1--the field must be cleared for him immediately.
You're quite correct, but clearing the field would require politicians to not have egos.
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@Greyparrot
What would you have had them do?
Maybe get the same treatment other violent protests got? Teargas, flashbangs? Shooting pepperballs?
The police were defending themselves and the politicians they came to kill, and it's clear the police showed more restraint with this mob, not less (probably because the President sent them.  If that had been a Black Lives Matter protest that attacked the Capital, they wouldn't have made it to the capital steps, there would have been hundreds of dead bodies everywhere. 

I recall that was used to clear out the less than peaceful protesters out of Lafayette square?
Nonsense, that was a peaceful protest that was attacked to clear the way for the President to get a photo op holding a Bible upside down.  Both of these protests are well documented on video.

Oh yeah, Also not get waved in by the police like a slaughterhouse. Not being incited by FBI plants. That coulda helped.
Oh yeah, I almost forgot the Trumper primary directive, whenever Trump incites violence it's always really the opposition doing it, that principle is like the secret handshake for Trumpers.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Sidewalker
The police were defending themselves and the politicians they came to kill, and it's clear the police showed more restraint with this mob, not less (probably because the President sent them.  If that had been a Black Lives Matter protest that attacked the Capital, they wouldn't have made it to the capital steps, there would have been hundreds of dead bodies everywhere. 
As far as I can see on a lot of available footage, pepperballs and tear gas were not used much on Jan 6. Correct?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Eh, guess 2023 Congressional hearings will explain it all.
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@Greyparrot
As far as I can see on a lot of available footage, pepperballs and tear gas were not used much on Jan 6. Correct?
No, they didn't use pepperballs and tear gas....they used stun guns, pepper spray, baseball bats and flagpoles wielded as clubs...oh yeah, and pipe bombs.  

"Capitol Police officer Brian Sicknick died one day after two rioters allegedly sprayed him and other officers with what prosecutors describe as an "unknown chemical substance." Four other people in the crowd died in the insurrection, and more than 100 police officers suffered injuries, including cracked ribs, gouged eyes and shattered spinal disks."

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Sidewalker
No, they didn't use pepperballs and tear gas....they used stun guns, pepper spray, baseball bats and flagpoles wielded as clubs...oh yeah, and pipe bombs.  
That's my point though. Who authorized police to not use pepperball and tear gas on what was suppossed to be the most violent mob in all of American History?

The Jan 6 committee never asked nor answered that.

Hopefully in 2023 someone in Congress will.