transgenderism

Author: TheUnderdog

Total: 76
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
Transwomen have female brains, so if they transitioned, they should be classified as women. I define a woman as anyone that is a ciswomen or transwomen. I don't think you need to define the terms, "ciswomen" and "transwomen" to define women because it would be like saying to define the Americas as North America and South America, you have to define North America and South America. Or if you want to define water bottle as a container that holds water, you have to define container and water. I don't think you need 2nd order definitions to define first order definitions.

Thoughts?
SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
-->
@TheUnderdog
Transwomen have female brains, so if they transitioned, they should be classified as women. I define a woman as anyone that is a ciswomen or transwomen.
If I'm understanding you correctly, this would mean that the difference between men and women is brain structure?
I don't think you need to define the terms, "ciswomen" and "transwomen" to define women because it would be like saying to define the Americas as North America and South America, you have to define North America and South America. Or if you want to define water bottle as a container that holds water, you have to define container and water. I don't think you need 2nd order definitions to define first order definitions.
This is true in theory, but not always in practice. For instance, suppose I define boop as "beep" and beep as "boop". While there is nothing wrong with defining boop as "beep", there is a problem if my definition of beep depends on the definition of boop. Thus, defining woman as "anyone that is a ciswomen or transwomen" isn't necessarily circular. However, it still could be circular if your definition of ciswomen or transwoman depends on the word woman. Consequently, I must ask what your definitions for those ciswomen and transwomen are. If they don't rely on the word woman, then great. If they do, your definitions still need some work.
YouFound_Lxam
Debates: 32
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@SirAnonymous
@TheUnderdog
If I'm understanding you correctly, this would mean that the difference between men and women is brain structure?
There are actually differences between a male and a female brain.

I would define a woman as anyone who is born a biological female. And no, I don't care if people are hurt by that fact. 

Fun Fact:
Facts don't care about your feelings.

But good argument though.
RationalMadman
Debates: 568
RationalMadman
-->
@TheUnderdog
What is a woman?
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@RationalMadman
An biological adult human female. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
I wasn't asking that, he could even say, 'someone mimicking that' but I was gonna explore.

Just shh and let me handle the conversation. That definition can't work for OP.
TWS1405_2
Debates: 4
TWS1405_2
-->
@TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog, trans women have male brains created by male chromosomes, RNA and DNA. They do NOT have female brains. 
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
There are actually differences between a male and a female brain.
You can believe this whole also believing that transwomen have female brains.

I would define a woman as anyone who is born a biological female.
The scientists disagree with that man.  I trust the scientists consistently.  When they claim transgenderism is valid, I believe them.  When they claim a zygote is a human being, I believe them.  That’s why I think abortion should be banned.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@RationalMadman
I define a woman as anyone that is a ciswomen or transwomen.  Just as I don’t have to define North America and South America to define the Americas, I don’t have to define cis women or transwomen to define women because it’s assumed the definitions of the parts are assumed.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@TWS1405_2
TheUnderdog, trans women have male brains created by male chromosomes, RNA and DNA. They do NOT have female brains. 
But a lot of the transwomen I’ve seen on the internet act like girls.  Dawn Marie, Samantha Lux.  They also get me hard.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@TheUnderdog
I define a woman as anyone that is a ciswomen or transwomen.  Just as I don’t have to define North America and South America to define the Americas, I don’t have to define cis women or transwomen to define women because it’s assumed the definitions of the parts are assumed.
Firstly stop mixing up woman and women please.

Secondly, cis and trans women are women under your understanding of things.

So if both are women, what is a woman?

A cis woman is a cis what?

A trans woman has transitioned into what?

Please be precise.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@TheUnderdog
The scientists disagree with that man.  I trust the scientists consistently.  When they claim transgenderism is valid
No, they don't....

I define a woman as anyone that is a ciswomen or transwomen.
Have you ever heard of a circular definition? You can't define woman, by saying woman. Here's a challenge:
Define woman without using the word woman.

But a lot of the transwomen I’ve seen on the internet act like girls.  Dawn Marie, Samantha Lux.  They also get me hard.
So therefore, acting like a girl makes you a girl?

BigBuffMan
Debates: 0
BigBuffMan
-->
@TheUnderdog
I think labels such as 'trans' and 'cis' are useful in medical contexts but for trans people it can help them connect to a community and can feel empowering. Of course, this is up to the individual and for the average conversation you should just refer to trans women and cis women as women. As a rule of thumb, the terms trans and cis should only be used when they are relevant. For example, you wouldn't address Angelina Jolie as a 'brown haired woman' every time you mention her, the same way you wouldn't address a woman as 'a trans woman' or 'a cis woman' when talking about her when it is not relevant to the conversation. Trans woman are woman firstly, and trans secondly. 
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@BigBuffMan
I think labels such as 'trans' and 'cis' are useful in medical contexts but for trans people it can help them connect to a community and can feel empowering. Of course, this is up to the individual and for the average conversation you should just refer to trans women and cis women as women. As a rule of thumb, the terms trans and cis should only be used when they are relevant. For example, you wouldn't address Angelina Jolie as a 'brown haired woman' every time you mention her, the same way you wouldn't address a woman as 'a trans woman' or 'a cis woman' when talking about her when it is not relevant to the conversation. Trans woman are woman firstly, and trans secondly. 
...or we could just use man and woman to make everyone's lives easier.

BigBuffMan
BigBuffMan
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
I think you misunderstand. We ARE just using man and woman, but trans and cis are also adjectives we can use to describe certain people. It is like you saying we shouldn't say 'tall men' ever because just saying men makes peoples lives easier. Tall is an adjective just like trans or cis.

No ones life is made harder by saying trans or cis and the majority of people only use these terms when they are relevant to the conversation, e.g when discussing trans issues or in a medical context.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@BigBuffMan
I think you misunderstand. We ARE just using man and woman, but trans and cis are also adjectives we can use to describe certain people. It is like you saying we shouldn't say 'tall men' ever because just saying men makes peoples lives easier. Tall is an adjective just like trans or cis.
 Tall man is still using the word man. 

A trans person is a person that feels that they are a different gender. 
Cis people are just strait people. 

They still fall under the category of man and woman.

Trans men are still women, and Trans woman are still men.
Cis men are still men, and Cis women are still women. 

You could say that someone that calls themselves a, let's say a Trans Woman, is just a man, who feels that they are a woman. Adding an extra category is just playing into the illusion, that there are more than two genders.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@BigBuffMan
No ones life is made harder by saying trans or cis and the majority of people only use these terms when they are relevant to the conversation, e.g when discussing trans issues or in a medical context.
Tell that to the people who want to live by fact and not fiction.

I could use adjectives for myself like Strong Sexy and Smart if I feel like I identify that way.

Does that mean we have to add a whole new kind of people that identify a certain way?

BigBuffMan
BigBuffMan
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
I think your problem is that you don't like trans people, not that you live factually. If you were truly a person of 'fact' as you describe it you would also be opposed to any religion. Christianity, for example is not factually backed and never has been but it still provides people with security and enriches our lives. The most important point is that we respect it. Even people who don't believe in God respect Christianity, so I believe the least we can do is respect trans people. It takes no extra time, no effort to be kind and respectful towards people. I don't know if you are religious or not but I want to address the common claim that "it is against Gods wish to call trans people other than what they were born as". It is not our duty to judge, it is only to love. God is also the only one who can judge, it is not your place to think otherwise. 

If you are having trouble to understand the trans experience, think of it like a name. Names are not essential to living, they are not backed by science but they enrich our lives and make people feel comfortable. They are also imbedded in human culture, just like the concept of gender. Please do not mix up sex (biological) and gender (mental), I am afraid it is high school level knowledge that these two are completely different. 

Also, you can use adjectives like strong, smart and sexy if you want? No one is stopping you?
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
I think your problem is that you don't like trans people, not that you live factually. 
This may surprise you, but I have many friends that identify as trans. They know I don't agree, with the way that they live their lives, but they get past it, because that doesn't define our whole friendship. I like all people. 

The most important point is that we respect it. Even people who don't believe in God respect Christianity, so I believe the least we can do is respect trans people.
This is actually false. The Trans community actually has mocked Christianity and done nothing to respect it. The Bible explicitly is against the idea of a man becoming a woman and vice versa. And the Transgender community has tried to change Christianity, to fit their insane ideology.

Now this is not to say, that we shouldn't accept these types of people in our churches, but we shouldn't be supporting it, because the Bible explicitly says against it.

Leviticus 18:22 "Do not practice homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman. It is a detestable sin." (NLT)

It takes no extra time, no effort to be kind and respectful towards people. I don't know if you are religious or not but I want to address the common claim that "it is against Gods wish to call trans people other than what they were born as". It is not our duty to judge, it is only to love. God is also the only one who can judge, it is not your place to think otherwise. 
Find me one place in the Bible where it says that explicitly.

If you are having trouble to understand the trans experience, think of it like a name. Names are not essential to living, they are not backed by science but they enrich our lives and make people feel comfortable.
Facts don't care about your feelings. People these days don't understand that it is not a nice peaceful world out there, it is harsh and mean. People especially in America don't get that, because we are coddled by all of our riches.

They are also imbedded in human culture, just like the concept of gender. Please do not mix up sex (biological) and gender (mental), I am afraid it is high school level knowledge that these two are completely different. 
Ok, though I don't agree with that point at all, let's go with it for now. 
There are 2 biological sexes.
Gender is "a social construct" therefor we can add, genders as we please. Now correct me if I'm wrong on that front. 

If someone can just randomly add genders, then there is an infinite amount. 
And so, people are expected to respect the LGBTQ+ community, by acknowledging all of those genders that people choose from.

This is why all the way up until now, the social norm has been two genders, because again, facts don't care about your feelings.

I honestly don't care if someone wants to identify as a bird, or the opposite gender, but it becomes a problem, when you expect me to change my way of thinking, just so you can "feel included". 
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@BigBuffMan
Sorry, forgot to tag you. 
BigBuffMan
BigBuffMan
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
First of all, cheers for adding in your sources.

"This may surprise you, but I have many friends that identify as trans. They know I don't agree, with the way that they live their lives, but they get past it, because that doesn't define our whole friendship. I like all people."
I find this argument irrelevant. It does not matter if your trans friends put up with your disrespect and most people would not stand for it. In addition, your trans friends do not speak for every trans person in existence.

This is actually false. The Trans community actually has mocked Christianity and done nothing to respect it. The Bible explicitly is against the idea of a man becoming a woman and vice versa. And the Transgender community has tried to change Christianity, to fit their insane ideology.
It is not the trans community mocking Christianity, it is just dirtbags. Of course there are going to be trans people mocking Christians, just like there will be cis people, tall people, gingers, elderly people from Ecuador, etc. I am afraid you are drawing conclusions out of no where; you saw one group of trans people say they don't like Jesus people and now decide no trans people are Christian and hate the religion? By the way, lgbt Christians exist.  

I agree with this article, and so do many trans people. 'I was born in the wrong body' is old rhetoric that I think only really was used to help cis people understand trans people. Anyway, since gender and sex are individual things, you are going to get women with a whole range of body types (eg xx, xy, xxy, xo). There is nothing wrong with this and how God intended it to be, people are just hateful. I also know that transphobia is heavily intertwined with racism and is not just 'Christian beliefs'. (https://www.thenation.com/article/society/transphobia-white-supremacy/).

Find me one place in the Bible where it says that explicitly.
Ok.
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." - Matthew 7:1-2 NIV

Facts don't care about your feelings. People these days don't understand that it is not a nice peaceful world out there, it is harsh and mean. People especially in America don't get that, because we are coddled by all of our riches.
Ok then facts don't care about your belief in God. According to what you just said, Christianity, Judaism, Shinto, Islam, Taoism, Buddhism and many others are not a thing and should not be adhered to because "facts don't care about your feelings". Also what do you mean by:
People especially in America don't get that, because we are coddled by all of our riches.
This point has no relevance to the rest of the statement. What do your facts and people being mean have to do with the US's GDP?

Ok, though I don't agree with that point at all, let's go with it for now. 
There are 2 biological sexes.
Gender is "a social construct" therefor we can add, genders as we please. Now correct me if I'm wrong on that front. 

And so, people are expected to respect the LGBTQ+ community, by acknowledging all of those genders that people choose from.

This is why all the way up until now, the social norm has been two genders, because again, facts don't care about your feelings.

I honestly don't care if someone wants to identify as a bird, or the opposite gender, but it becomes a problem, when you expect me to change my way of thinking, just so you can "feel included". 

Ok so first of all, it is a scientifically proven fact that gender and sex are different, facts don't care about your feelings. If you do not agree please show your sources.

I feel like you are mixing up actual gender and labels. Gender is a feeling and some people choose to use different labels to describe it, like a tool. There are not hundreds of genders, rather hundreds of labels. Most people use labels like man, woman, non-binary, or micro-labels within non-binary. These hundreds of labels are just words to show people what they are feeling. If i asked you right now what the gender of man felt like what would you say?

You mean the western social norm. Different cultures across the world have different gender norms. For example, two-spirit in Native American, Muxes in Mexico, Hijras in South Asia, etc. I recommend checking this source out: (https://www.pbs.org/independentlens/content/two-spirits_map-html/)

No one is identifying as a bird. Not sure if you were trying to be funny or you are not educated. If you don't want to change your mind, no one can help you but it becomes a problem when you start being disrespectful, and saying things like "I honestly don't care if someone wants to identify as a bird, or the opposite gender". First of all, don't compare being trans to being a furry or whatever, secondly these micro-aggressions cost people their lives. Trans people get murdered on the street, 82% of trans people consider suicide. It's not a joke. (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32345113/).
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@BigBuffMan
Thank you for also providing sources in your arguments.

I find this argument irrelevant. It does not matter if your trans friends put up with your disrespect and most people would not stand for it. In addition, your trans friends do not speak for every trans person in existence.
Fair point. But I pointed it out, to show the fact that I am not just going to be biased in my argument. 

It is not the trans community mocking Christianity, it is just dirtbags. Of course there are going to be trans people mocking Christians, just like there will be cis people, tall people, gingers, elderly people from Ecuador, etc. I am afraid you are drawing conclusions out of no where; you saw one group of trans people say they don't like Jesus people and now decide no trans people are Christian and hate the religion?
I think it is far out to assume that I just saw one group of trans people saying they don't like Jesus. And just hating the Christian community is not the only way to disrespect it. It is also, when you try to change our holy texts, like the Bible, to fit your insane ideology.

By the way, lgbt Christians exist.  
No, they don't. They think that by changing the scripture to fit their ways of life, is them being Christians, when in fact they are not Christians. 

Leviticus 18:22, it says," You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.” [1]
That verse alone just disproves what you just said.

I agree with this article, and so do many trans people. 'I was born in the wrong body' is old rhetoric that I think only really was used to help cis people understand trans people. Anyway, since gender and sex are individual things, you are going to get women with a whole range of body types (eg xx, xy, xxy, xo). There is nothing wrong with this and how God intended it to be, people are just hateful. I also know that transphobia is heavily intertwined with racism and is not just 'Christian beliefs'.
Yea, of course you do. It takes the Bible and changes it for your own ideology. For example:

"It is not only right winged Christians that hold onto the belief that being transgender means that there is something wrong with a person."
Immediately in the second paragraph you can see a lie about the Christain community. There is nothing wrong with trans people. It is their beliefs that are wrong, not the person themselves.

"Transgender identity has been labeled as a mental disorder, a birth defect, an abnormality and a variance."
It is a mental disorder. It's called gender dysphoria and is a real thing. So how do we deal with it? We try to help the person come to terms with their born sex, instead of letting them live in fantasy land, and get irreversible surgery that could potentially ruin their life.

"Boiling it all down, it all equals the same message: if you are transgender that must mean there is something wrong with you."
Another lie.

"The amount of data leaves no doubt that transgender people are well aware of their situation even before the concept of sexual orientation enters the mix. When a Christian says that being transgender is a sin or an abomination, they are really trying to tell God that He made a mistake and that flies in the face of all that they say they believe. "
This article is completely going against what Christians and the Bible says. We are not telling God that he made a mistake, rather we are telling the person that they are making a mistake. 

"Since some cannot comprehend what being transgender is, they have a hard time accepting that it is ordained by God."
Transgender: Identifying with the opposite Gender/Sex that you were born to. Thats something that God is against.

You can't change the Bible just for your own convenience, that just not how it works. As a Christain, I would rather someone disagree with the Bible, rather than try to change it for their own convenience.

“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." - Matthew 7:1-2 NIV
This has nothing to do with the Trans community at all. Please further elaborate. 

Ok then facts don't care about your belief in God. According to what you just said, Christianity, Judaism, Shinto, Islam, Taoism, Buddhism and many others are not a thing and should not be adhered to because "facts don't care about your feelings".
I was pertaining to facts about the Bible. Just because you feel like the bible says something different, doesn't mean that you can change it. 

Also what do you mean by:
People especially in America don't get that, because we are coddled by all of our riches.
This point has no relevance to the rest of the statement. What do your facts and people being mean have to do with the US's GDP?
I think this whole transgender movement actually stems from Americas riches. 
Most people in America don't really know what real struggle is like. Even beggars on the street have enough money to buy a phone in this country. We all have the mentality of being better, even if we don't want to say it out loud. And that leads to people wanting to be different, because they are bored of the same old things. Thats why the transgender movement is so popular among young people, because they are looking for something new to fight for. 

Ok so first of all, it is a scientifically proven fact that gender and sex are different, facts don't care about your feelings. If you do not agree please show your sources.
Gender is the way we identify pertaining to the two biological sexes. Prove me wrong. And don't use the argument of," well other people identify as different things" because that is not a valid argument. Prove to me that Gender is not identifying with two biological sexes.

No, there are still two biological sexes. If you are going to go against basic biology, then that just proves how wrong your thinking on this topic is. In the case of intersex people, they still have either XX or XY chromosomes, telling the doctors which gender/sex they are. And usually, they have identifiable characteristics, to tell the doctors what sex they really are. And even then, the intersex community only makes up less than 0.5% of the world population. 
Also, to be a different biological sex that male or female, you would have to show different traits completely different than male or female. Like for instance if someone says they are both a male and a female, they will have to have the capability of impregnation, and getting pregnant, which hasn't existed ever in human history.

I feel like you are mixing up actual gender and labels. Gender is a feeling and some people choose to use different labels to describe it, like a tool. There are not hundreds of genders, rather hundreds of labels
So, you're saying that someone who has a label as a male and is a female is actually still a female? 
You could put a label that says basketballs, on a box containing footballs, but that doesn't make the footballs, basketballs.

You mean the western social norm. Different cultures across the world have different gender norms. For example, two-spirit in Native American, Muxes in Mexico, Hijras in South Asia, etc. I recommend checking this source out: (https://www.pbs.org/independentlens/content/two-spirits_map-html/)
Of course, there were other communities in the world that thought differently. 
For example, the social norm throughout history has said that eating other people is wrong, but that doesn't mean cannibals didn't exist.
It's not just western social norm, you proved yourself wrong in your own sentence:

You mean the western social norm. Different cultures across the world have different gender norms. For example, two-spirit in Native American, Muxes in Mexico, Hijras in South Asia, etc.
Those are western cultures. 
I am saying that the basic social norm up until now, has been that if you are born male, you are a male, and if you are born female, then you are a female.

No one is identifying as a bird.

Not sure if you were trying to be funny or you are not educated.
Well, I would like to think I was being funny, but it is sad that that is the truth.

If you don't want to change your mind, no one can help you but it becomes a problem when you start being disrespectful, and saying things like "I honestly don't care if someone wants to identify as a bird, or the opposite gender".
I don't think saying I don't care what you identify as, is being rude. It is the complete opposite. I am saying I don't care what you identify as, because you have the American right to do so. I might not agree, but as long as you are not affecting me with it or hurting others, I honestly could care less.

First of all, don't compare being trans to being a furry or whatever, 
Well, doesn't it stem from the same concept?
I feel like an animal, so therefore I am an animal.
I feel like the opposite gender, so I am the opposite gender.

secondly these micro-aggressions cost people their lives.
Well just like everyone else in the world, trans people are going to have to learn that not everyone agrees with you. And that's ok. Trans people go on to say that if you don't agree with us, then you are transphobic, but when they are expected to agree with us back, they don't.
The real world is not all fun and rainbows. People are going to be rude to you. And there's nothing you can do about that.

Trans people get murdered on the street, 82% of trans people consider suicide. It's not a joke. (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32345113/).
The death of a person is obviously tragic and horrible. But it's not just Trans people getting murdered on the street. It's everyone else too. To say that just trans people are being targeted to be killed and we should only be worried about them, is wrong. There are many strait people who are killed a day.

Sources say that a transgender person is murdered once every three days. But the daily homicide rate in America is 321 people a day.
"International efforts to track the murder of transgender people suggest that a transgender person is murdered at least once every three days."

"Every day, 321 people are shot in the United States. Among those:
  • 111 people are shot and killed
  • 210 survive gunshot injuries
  • 95 are intentionally shot by someone else and survive
  • 42 are murdered
  • 65 die from gun suicide
  • 10 survive an attempted gun suicide
  • 1 is killed unintentionally
  • 90 are shot unintentionally and survive
  • 1 is killed by legal intervention*
  • 4 are shot by legal intervention and survive
  • 1 died but the intent was unknown
  • 12 are shot and survive but the intent was unknown"

So, I would say it is actually wrong just to focus on the dead transgender people, and not the other 300+ people who are also being murdered.

8 days later

glzz
glzz
hello there, let me introduce myself. I am a spanish guy studying in UCM (Universidad Complutense de Madrid) first year of philosophy. I am doing a proyect of philosophical anthropology related with the lack of debate between people. Because of that I wanted to interview people who wanted to debate, i found somehow this website and i think that u guys have a really respectfull and good dialogue in general. The deadline for the proyect is the 9th of january, so if u are interested pls write me as early as u can, ty all :D

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@glzz
Damn, college level writing has descended into the use of "U"
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@RationalMadman

Please be precise.
If both North and South America are America, then what is America?  You can define bigger terms without defining smaller ones.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@TheUnderdog
If both North and South America are America, then what is America?
Basically, in that context 'america' means the combination of continent at the west of the Atlantic ocean and east of the Pacific or something like that.

So, yes, in that context 'America' is not the typical meaning.

Can you please reply now to this:

Please be precise.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
The scientists disagree with that man.  I trust the scientists consistently.  When they claim transgenderism is valid
No, they don't....
https://www.apa.org/topics/lgbtq/transgender states Transgenderism is valid.  Are there any scientific studies that confirm the opposite?  If so, can you please send a link?

Here's a challenge:
Define woman without using the word woman.
Define the Americas without using the word “America” (or the names of any countries as this would be akin to defining woman as the billions of women on this planet.)
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@RationalMadman
Basically, in that context 'america' means the combination of continent at the west of the Atlantic ocean and east of the Pacific or something like that.
Not a good definition; you would have to argue parts of Antarctica are part of America (like the Antarctic Peninsula).
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@TheUnderdog
No you wouldn't.

What is your definition of 'woman'?
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
https://www.apa.org/topics/lgbtq/transgender states Transgenderism is valid.  Are there any scientific studies that confirm the opposite?  If so, can you please send a link?
The APA is highly politicized and has been for a while now. I wouldn't recommend getting info, off there, given their facts don't line up with reality. 

Define the Americas without using the word “America” (or the names of any countries as this would be akin to defining woman as the billions of women on this planet.)
First off, don't dodge the question.
Secondly, I can.

Americas: Two continents that contain, countries such as Brazil, Canada, Mexico, Venezuela, etc.