Republicans rescind Covid mandate for the military. What’s next, ending physical fitness tests?

Author: IwantRooseveltagain

Total: 46
IwantRooseveltagain
Debates: 0
IwantRooseveltagain
Secretary Lloyd Austin, has characterized the vaccine mandate as a way of protecting troops from covid-19 and preventing sprawling outbreaks that sideline entire units, undermine the military’s readiness and endanger national security.

The looming reversal — spurred by Republicans who had threatened to block passage of the $858 billion spending bill if the mandate wasn’t struck down — creates a rat’s nest for the Pentagon. Commanders whose job it was to enforce the mandate will face the onerous task of assessing whether — and how — to allow back into uniform those already separated from the military for refusing to follow orders. Managing overseas deployments, especially in countries that require visitors to be vaccinated, will create burdensome logistical headaches as well, officials said.

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
a way of protecting troops from covid-19
Lol, that statement is based on the junk science from Trump's last year in office. Get with the times man.

There is life after Trump.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
What is kinda funny is that the main reason Republican Neocons (and Neolibs) want to remove the mandate is because they can't meet the enlistment quotas. Basically the military is suffering far more "casualties" from the mandate than the virus itself, since military people are near the same risks as young healthy children for Covid damage.

So Washington DC is in the middle of a big lobby fight over this issue with the Big Pharma lobby on the Vaccine mandate side and the Military Industrial Complex on the opposite side.

Fine with me if the Pentagon can't meet their staffing quotas. Less people for the military industrial meatgrinder in endless proxy wars for political profit.

TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
Gosh you’re an  Idiot. 
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@Greyparrot
They could probably keep more people, if they didn't require people rank up to stay in the military,
Plenty of people are good at their job, stay in good health,
Not as if the military 'has to hire people on for another contract.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Lemming

Who would've thought people wouldn't want to risk their lives alongside someone who's crazy and not squared up?

We care more about pronouns, and not hurting feelings nowadays than actually winning anything. We care more about loyalty to and defending big Pharma lobbies than defending the Constitution.

Not a surprise stolen valor jarhead sides with the wrong side.
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@Greyparrot
True, Offending the larger population, by over worrying about the smaller population,
Seems to me more likely to decrease, rather than increase enlistment,
Though I don't know statistics.

Mandatory sensitivity training. . .
I suppose there's logic in indoctrination (I don't mean indoctrination in a bad way)
But it's irritating to have to go, be it military or office,
Also annoying when it speaks views one doesn't agree with.

True, the dog mask photo is rather the 'opposite, of intimidating.
Russia. . .
Well, they're still losing the war I here,
Though that isn't necessarily a reflection on the soldiers,
Italian soldiers in one or both of the World Wars, were said to be excellent, but led by generals incompetent, maybe also badly supplied.
. .
Personally, military ad I'd prefer, would just be an honest, no glamour look and expectation of one's time in the military,
Might not recruit a lot of people though.

Of homosexual rape,
I don't know the statistics,
And maybe it's like a prison thing,
Surrounded by dudes all the time, even the straight people get a bit gay,
Or about dominance, humiliation, rather than sexual attraction.
. . .
Not that someone being gay means they're going to be a rapist.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Lemming
Of homosexual rape,
I don't know the statistics,
Enlisted military are not worried about getting raped, they are worried about being left to die because someone is too busy adjusting their gender.

Case in point, the marine recently left behind in Russia because a lesbian was more important.
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@Greyparrot
Certainly, it might be said that a person who thinks they're a sex they are not,
Or is attempting to transition,
Might not be in the best mental health, and capability.

Of the prisoner exchange, I've no comment,
As I've not read much on it.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Lemming
Of the prisoner exchange, I've no comment,
As I've not read much on it.
They released a Russian arms dealer responsible for near a hundred thousand deaths in Africa and other parts of the world, including Americans to bring home someone who didn't want to hear the National anthem at her job because America is a racist country.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Enlisted military are not worried about getting raped, they are worried about being left to die because someone is too busy adjusting their gender.
Case in point, the marine recently left behind in Russia because a lesbian was more important.
have women in the military been raped? 

Was there a former US Senator from Arizona who said she was raped in the military by her commanding officer?

And that guy in Russia was a former Marine, not active duty you jackass 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
And that guy in Russia was a former Marine, 
Stole Valor comment. Once and always for the real Marines.

You're such a phony.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Stole Valor comment. Once and always for the real Marines.
What would you know about real Marines? You are still living with your mother.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@TWS1405
More than you stolen Valor.
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@Greyparrot
I don't find I really care enough to keep reading more,
Not that your view of it is right or wrong,
I'd just have to read and think more than I care to.
I imagine the US government knows more than I the particulars.

Maybe we would have released the Russian when his sentence was up,
Maybe we flipped the Russian,
Maybe he's lost his contacts,
Maybe he's a dime a dozen,
Maybe him being out, serves American interests.

Maybe the male American did commit espionage, maybe not,
Maybe he's a loyal American, maybe not,
Maybe his sentence is sooner to be finished than the American woman's.

Maybe the American woman is unpatriotic, maybe not, still an American,
Maybe she had drugs, maybe not,

Of the American man,
"His attorney, Vladimir Zherebenkov, has said his client unwittingly received a flash drive containing “state secrets” while visiting Russia for a wedding in 2018. Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said Whelan was caught “red-handed,” during a spy mission."

"Paul Whelan, 52, is a Marine turned corporate security executive who was convicted of espionage and is serving a 16-year sentence in a Russian prison.
A citizen of four countries — the United States, Canada, Britain and Ireland, Whelan was a former sheriff’s deputy and served several tours in Iraq as an active-duty reservist. He was discharged from the Marines for bad conduct in 2008 after being convicted of charges related to larceny, according to military and court records."

Of the arms dealer,
"Bout was sentenced to 25 years in prison. Now 55 years old, he had not been due to be released until August 2029, according to the Federal Bureau of Prisons website."

Of the woman,
"Griner, who was detained in February after the Russian Federal Customs Service claimed it found hashish oil in her luggage at an airport near Moscow,"

Of both Americans,
"Earlier reports had focused on a potential swap for both Griner and U.S. Marine veteran Paul Whelan, who was sentenced to 16 years in a Russian prison on espionage charges that he called a setup and the U.S. government dismissed as false. But the final deal was only for Griner."

Lemming
Lemming
-->
@Greyparrot
If either of the Americans are guilty though,
I don't feel a 'particular need myself,
That they be ransomed home.

Not good in general to give other nations, leverage holds.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Lemming
Even today, Griner is bitter and resentful of her country, blaming the WNBA for being the reason why she was imprisoned because they paid her less than a country that enjoys women's basketball more and has less women doing it than America.

This is who Biden declared "the best among us"

"She represents the best America — the best about America — just across the board, everything about her. "

-Biden

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Lemming
Let's not forget that Griner is first and foremost an entertainer. In the entertainment business, the market sets wildly different monetary values depending on who actually shows up to watch. 
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@Greyparrot
Certainly I just see her as an average person myself, 'generally speaking, 'not the best of us.
Has some talent in sports likely, is tall, likely gets paid a fair amount of money, but that's all.

The source I base my opinion on,
Though there are many sources online.

Possibly she has a history of bad actions, but I don't care enough to speak or search on it.
All I say is I don't see the trade as something to praise the US government or Griner for.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Lemming
Like all entertainers, their revenue is based on how well they connect with their audience.

Some people don't want to pay a lot to see women pretend to be men in either sports or movies. They can just watch the talented men do it.

In the case of Russia, they have a strong National women's team, (the men's team isn't very competitive) and a lot of the audience is women weirdly enough, so the women are compensated for putting on a good show for the Russian women.
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@Greyparrot
Well, it can be nice to see many types of people in various sports, I'd say,
Though people of course have preferences.
I don't watch sports usually, myself.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Oh no, the disease that is negligibly dangerous for fit young people is going to kill all of our fit young people!

We should also ban firearms in the military while we’re at it. Someone might get hurt from a negligent discharge!
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@bmdrocks21
Oh no, the disease that is negligibly dangerous for fit young people is going to kill all of our fit young people!
I guess you have never been in the military if you think everyone is young and fit. Officers and senior enlisted can be in their 30s and 40s. Many are overweight, especially in the Navy. These are key people in any unit. But we already know you’re a dummy.

An aircraft carrier was out of service for 2 months due to a Covid outbreak 

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@bmdrocks21
We should also ban firearms in the military while we’re at it. Someone might get hurt from a negligent discharge!
Yes genius, the virus that killed 1 million Americans is the same as the risk posed by the negligent discharge of firearms.

bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Yes genius, the virus that killed 1 million Americans is the same as the risk posed by the negligent discharge of firearms.
Genius thinks the average soldier and the average American are equally at risk from Covid
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
I guess you have never been in the military if you think everyone is young and fit. Officers and senior enlisted can be in their 30s and 40s. Many are overweight, especially in the Navy. These are key people in any unit. But we already know you’re a dummy.

An aircraft carrier was out of service for 2 months due to a Covid outbreak

So out of a ship of over 2,000 people and 1,156 confirmed cases, 7 total were hospitalized with 1 dying before anyone had any vaccines to mitigate the disease and before anyone gained natural immunity. 

Do you think perhaps the aircraft carrier was out of service in early 2020 because we knew nothing about this disease that hospitalized less than 1% of all people infected? Or do you have an incorrect, different conclusion?
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@bmdrocks21

27,000 Americans of military age died of Covid. Imagine loosing a pilot to Covid, all the money and time it took to train that person, and then they die, because why, because they don’t believe the vaccine works. Brilliant. But all the other vaccines they are required to get, that’s fine. Those don’t matter.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@bmdrocks21
Do you think perhaps the aircraft carrier was out of service in early 2020 because we knew nothing about this disease that hospitalized less than 1% of all people infected? Or do you have an incorrect, different conclusion?
The point is the ship was sidelined for two months, and if there was another outbreak tomorrow, the ship would be sidelined again, even with more experience with this virus.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@bmdrocks21
before anyone had any vaccines to mitigate the disease and before anyone gained natural immunity. 
What good are vaccines if people don’t take them?

There is no permanent natural immunity. If you get Covid, after you recover the antibodies only last a period of months. You still need the shot later on.

bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain

27,000 Americans of military age died of Covid. Imagine loosing a pilot to Covid, all the money and time it took to train that person, and then they die, because why, because they don’t believe the vaccine works. Brilliant. But all the other vaccines they are required to get, that’s fine. Those don’t matter

27,000 of military age died…. The average American of military age is also still more likely to be obese than people in the military. The military also requires that you not have asthma or other health issues that make you at higher risk for death from COVID.

Imagine having a lack of troops to train because you demanded they take a vaccine they didn’t need.