Republicans rescind Covid mandate for the military. What’s next, ending physical fitness tests?

Author: IwantRooseveltagain

Total: 46
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
What good are vaccines if people don’t take them?

There is no permanent natural immunity. If you get Covid, after you recover the antibodies only last a period of months. You still need the shot later on

It would be good for the people taking them wouldn’t it? If you have 60-70% taking it and your population of the non-vaccinated is still comparatively young and healthy people, then this idea that we will have nonfunctional units is just silly. Natural immunity can last up to 11 months.

Let’s compromise: the military should require all obese personnel to get vaccinated. Army gives a few weeks to lose weight. low standards seems to be the primary issue here anyway.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@bmdrocks21
Put the Nachos down, and step away.Nobody has to get hurt here.
Public-Choice
Debates: 18
Public-Choice
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Are you a troll, political activist, conspiracy theorist, or a very motivated grassroot activist of the Democrat Party?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Public-Choice
Mostly low energy trolling from what I have seen.
IwantRooseveltagain
Debates: 0
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Public-Choice
What conspiracy do you see me promoting exactly?

I’m doing my part to defend democracy by letting idiots like you know how stupid and misinformed you are.
coal
coal
I don't even know why I logged on tonight.  When this is the shit that I see, why am I even here.

OP hasn't said a single insightful thing in the entire time I have known of his existence.

Although maybe I'm just becoming harsher and harsher as time goes on.

Probably both. 
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@coal
You're here for me: Nixon respecter 
coal
coal
-->
@bmdrocks21
You have no idea how much I wish Richard Nixon was back in office.

That man understood things. 
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@coal
Nixon- now more than ever!

Don't see too many other fans of him anywhere. :D

The most pragmatic president of modern times. Likely had the best grasp of foreign policy of any president ever
coal
coal
-->
@bmdrocks21
The reason Nixon was pragmatic is because he was an outsider.  Neither his finances nor his fate were intertwined with the DC establishment of his day.  

He didn't go to Harvard or Yale.  He went to Duke.

He didn't get into the Ivy Leagues, and his entire identity in life was defined against the elitist inbreeding that DC politics instantiates.  
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@coal
And for a while there, he was done with politics. Went back to being a lawyer. He had a respectable living outside of being a career politician.

He had integrity and loyalty too- campaigned endlessly for a party that had more or less turned their back on him after his first loss
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@coal
I suppose it's not particularly 'insightful,
But it's true people in the military get regularly vaccinated with other shots,
True that they serve a purpose in keeping people alive, in working condition.

Though I'm a mite paranoid myself about vaccines,
Suspicious when people are so pressing of them.
And suspicious at times, of science I don't understand.

Still, vaccinated, myself.

@Self
mRNA?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@coal
Outsiders are always dealt with harshly.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@bmdrocks21
Imagine having a lack of troops to train because you demanded they take a vaccine they didn’t need.
You would have to imagine it because that would never happen in reality. The military probably has more gay and transgender people than antivaxers.

Only 3400 troops have been discharged for refusing the vaccine.

And to say “they don’t need” the vaccine is a lie. But that’s because you’re a moron.

bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
And to say “they don’t need” the vaccine is a lie. But that’s because you’re a moron
I can tell your inadequacies bother you. Stop projecting your own perceived lack of intelligence on others.

To say the need the vaccine is a lie

The Navy is the fattest and is tied for the oldest max enlistment age, yet less than 1% on that boat you fear mongered about were hospitalized. 

From the time of the invasion of Iraq to 2011, 90 US soldiers died from negligent discharges. Get rid of these dangerous guns! They are killing too many military members. Imagine training soldiers in specialized skills only for them to be killed by a negligent discharge! https://foreignpolicy.com/2011/05/13/negligent-discharges-one-subject-the-military-really-doesnt-like-to-talk-about/

This is how MoRoNs like you sound
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@bmdrocks21
The Navy is the fattest and is tied for the oldest max enlistment age, yet less than 1% on that boat you fear mongered about were hospitalized. 
Are you stupid? Never mind I already know the answer. What you’re not getting genius is in spite of your assertion that 1% of the crew on that ship was hospitalized, it doesn’t change the fact that that ship was out of operation for 2 months because of Covid. And it will happen again in any future outbreak unless the crew is immunized.

Did negligent discharges put any billion dollar ships out of action? How bout a single army battalion? No? Then shut up dummy.