Trump says better President than both Washington and Lincoln as he hawked trading cards

Author: IwantRooseveltagain

Total: 55
IwantRooseveltagain
Debates: 0
IwantRooseveltagain
We know Trump is a moron, his own cabinet said so, but If you think this guy was a better President than Washington or Lincoln you are a moron.
YouFound_Lxam
Debates: 32
YouFound_Lxam
We all know you hate Trump buddy.

Just give it a rest.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
He probably bought one of Hunter Biden's collector paintings.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@YouFound_Lxam

Just give it a rest.
Well dog, trying to orchestrate a coup and an insurrection is kind of a big deal. 
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Just give it a rest.

No.  You give it a rest.  Trumpet is immoral, corrupt narrcisttic pycho who belongs in prison and years of moral and ethic education.

My guess is your in similar Trumpet, sick-n-head type of boat. Sad :--(

Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Genuinely curious… If Biden proclaimed himself to be a better president than Abraham Lincoln and George Washington, how would you react?
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Double_R
The same way. And if Obama, Clinton or Carter did that - same. There’s a reason these guys are on our money.
Athias
Debates: 20
Athias
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
We know Trump is a moron, his own cabinet said so, but If you think this guy was a better President than Washington or Lincoln you are a moron.
All presidents have been shit, including George Washington and especially Abraham Lincoln, who I might remind presided over a Civil War. I expected more from a History Buff.

The same way. And if Obama, Clinton or Carter did that - same. There’s a reason these guys are on our money.
You mean false idolatry?
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@Athias
All presidents have been shit, including George Washington and especially Abraham Lincoln, who I might remind presided over a Civil War.
So presiding over a civil war makes you a bad president?
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Double_R
Or freeing the slaves or preserving the Union? Or delivering one of the greatest speeches of all time?

Athias
Athias
-->
@Double_R
Yes, I suppose it does, especially when said president plays a part in its being ensued.

Athias
Athias
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Or freeing the slaves
Lincoln did not free the slaves. The emancipation proclamation was a tactic used by Lincoln to diminish the confederate army given that it only applied to the slaves in the confederacy over which, at the time, he had no authority. The border states were offered a compromise in that in exchange for their not declaring sides, they would be allowed to practice slavery under the authority of the Union. Try again, sir.

or preserving the Union?
Yes, the Civil War was a preservation of the Union.

Or delivering one of the greatest speeches of all time?
You mean like during the Lincoln-Douglas debates where he declares that mulattos and all those of African descent should be deported back to Africa?

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Athias
I expected more from a History Buff.

Aha! welcome back HB
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Athias
Lincoln did not free the slaves.
Amazing how Juneteenth is still celebrated instead of December 6, 1865....
Athias
Athias
-->
@Greyparrot
Aha! welcome back HB
And here I thought I was being clever and surreptitious. It's only a suspicion based on how they respond in certain subjects.

Amazing how Juneteenth is still celebrated instead of December 6, 1865....
Exactly. Lincoln was dead before the slaves were legally free. Not to mention, the Union during the Civil War protected states, which practiced slavery, for strategic purposes. It's a shame that with all the information available, the narrative surrounding Lincoln's presidency is one of a liberator when that's far from the case. The only thing worthwhile, at least in my opinion, that Lincoln did was opposing the charter of a central bank; it cost him his life, but he joined Jackson, Carnegie, and Kennedy's gambit against the international banking elite.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Athias
Lincoln did not free the slaves. The emancipation proclamation was a tactic used by Lincoln to diminish the confederate army given that it only applied to the slaves in the confederacy over which, at the time, he had no authority. The border states were offered a compromise in that in exchange for their not declaring sides, they would be allowed to practice slavery under the authority of the Union. Try again, sir.
Lincoln freed the slaves by winning the Civil War genius 
Athias
Athias
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Lincoln freed the slaves by winning the Civil War genius 
Ulysses S. Grant won the war, and the 13th amendment--which Lincoln did not publicly support--was drafted and passed through the senate before the Civil War ended. Go ahead, make this a contest over knowledge of historical events.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Athias
Ulysses S. Grant won the war, and the 13th amendment--which Lincoln did not publicly support--was drafted and passed through the senate before the Civil War ended. Go ahead, make this a contest over knowledge of historical events. 
Grant won the war? Oh really? Is that how it works. I guess you think the President of the United States is a figurehead. Which General won WWII?

After signing the Emancipation Proclamation on January 1, 1863, Lincoln championed a Thirteenth Amendment to abolish slavery permanently in the United States. The Emancipation Proclamation freed only those slaves in states still at war.

Please, we don’t need idiots giving their uninformed opinions on US History 
Athias
Athias
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Grant won the war? Oh really?
Yes.

Is that how it works.
Yes.

I guess you think the President of the United States is a figurehead.
Yes.

Which General won WWII?
What does that matter to the exchange we were having about Lincoln and the Civil War?

Athias
Athias
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
After signing the Emancipation Proclamation on January 1, 1863, Lincoln championed a Thirteenth Amendment to abolish slavery permanently in the United States. The Emancipation Proclamation freed only those slaves in states still at war.
He only "championed" the 13th amendment near the end of the Civil War, as he was ardent in not showing it any support beforehand, and the amendment was ratified eight months after his death under president Johnson. The emancipation proclamation only applied to confederate states--i.e. the "states still at war"--but did not apply to the border states that were still practicing slavery under Lincoln's sanction. Please, do go on.

Please, we don’t need idiots giving their uninformed opinions on US History 
I agree. So why are you still offering your uninformed opinions?
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Athias
What does that matter to the exchange we were having about Lincoln and the Civil War? 
Well you seem to think Generals win wars, not Presidents, so who won WWII?

Athias
Athias
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Well you seem to think Generals win wars, not Presidents, so who won WWII?
Explain the relevance to our exchange, and I will respond in kind.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Athias
Well, you idiot, the person most responsible for getting the 13th amendment through Congress was Lincoln. Ratification is a state by state process, and Lincoln was dead, assassinated in part for his leading role in the passage of the 13th amendment.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Athias
Explain the relevance to our exchange, and I will respond in kind. 
I already did, dummy

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Kind of rare to see a Democrat twist history to praise a Republican president.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Kind of rare to see a Republican care about black people
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Athias
Evidence of bribes and the abstention of many Southern States are commonly claimed as vital to this victory, not the words of a Republican President. It is quite ironic that one of America’s most important pieces of freedom and civil rights legislation was only made possible through corruption and an undemocratic vote but that is how the sausage is made in America.
Athias
Athias
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Well, you idiot, the person most responsible for getting the 13th amendment through Congress was Lincoln.
No he wasn't. And you're going to contradict your argument later.

Ratification is a state by state process
No explanations necessary.

and Lincoln was dead
Exactly. So how was he the person most responsible for getting the 13th amendment through Congress when it was passed by Congress nine months after he died?

assassinated in part for his leading role in the passage of the 13th amendment.
No. He was assassinated for opposing the third, correct me if I'm wrong, central bank charter.

I already did, dummy
No, you didn't. You only expressed what you "seem" to think I think.

Let's not waste each other's time. Do you have anything else to say as far as our exchange on Lincoln, the Civil War, and/or the myth of Lincoln's presidency?

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Athias
Exactly. So how was he the person most responsible for getting the 13th amendment through Congress when it was passed by Congress nine months after he died? 
Well genius, is ratification accomplished by Congress or the state ratification committees? You are such a dummy

You obviously don’t understand the process for amending the constitution.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Athias
No. He was assassinated for opposing the third, correct me if I'm wrong, central bank charter. 
Your wrong

There are various theories about Booth's motivations. In a letter to his mother, he wrote of his desire to avenge the South.[14] Doris Kearns Goodwin has endorsed the idea that another factor was Booth's rivalry with his well-known older brother, actor Edwin Booth, who was a loyal Unionist.[15] David S. Reynolds believes that, despite disagreeing with his cause, Booth greatly admired the abolitionist John Brown;[16] Booth's sister Asia Booth Clarke quoted him as saying: "John Brown was a man inspired, the grandest character of the century!"[16][17] On April 11, Booth attended Lincoln's last speech, in which Lincoln promoted voting rights for emancipated slaves;[18] Booth said, "That means nigger citizenship. ... That is the last speech he will ever give."[19]