Vote for Mr President Wylted, Vote for Mr Vice President Badger, Vote for Señor Vice President Pie

Author: badger

Total: 23
badger
Debates: 0
badger
We will build a wall.

That wall will be a DART leaderboard tall with great debaters. Real ELO all the way to the sky so that the noobsnipers cannot climb over. 

In this, the Mexicans are our brothers. 

Make DART Great Again.
PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
I approve this message from badger who is at least 50% of our triumvirate. 
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@badger
Real ELO all the way to the sky so that the noobsnipers cannot climb over. 
Have you considered the fact that the top debaters here are noobsnipers at least a considerable portion of their life on the site? That is how you gain points when you become so high up you don't know how to gain points: you pile quantity regardless of quality.

As for "the noopsnipers cannot climb over", if it weren't due to Novice_II's own forfeitures he is responsible of, he would have been #1. When did he join? 6 months ago.

Best.Korea
Debates: 274
Best.Korea
-->
@Intelligence_06
Novice was so close to being number 1, he only needed like 6 more elo points. Then he accepted 2 troll debates, lost both and now will lose over 70 elo points because of that.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
Together, we will make DART strong again
Together, we will make DART safe again
Together, we will make DART popular again
And, we will make DART Great Again
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@ILikePie5
As a citizen of Dart. Thank you
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@ILikePie5
And, we will make DART Great Again
When was it great the first time? XD
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
When was it great the first time? XD
When we prevented RM from becoming President the first time
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@Lunatic
Do the mods still run things by you at all as somebody to kind of prevent hive mind from forming? 
RationalMadman
Debates: 568
RationalMadman
-->
@ILikePie5
I don't think anyone thinks Airmax's presidency was great.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Do the mods still run things by you at all as somebody to kind of prevent hive mind from forming? 
I was added to the mod discord ages ago as an advisor. I can offer advice or opinions on things they discuss but it doesn't necessarily mean they do anything I suggest. Most of the time I've used the discord to question ragnar about questionable decisions over the years or to correct a narrative but by any large I haven't paid attention to it much, especially lately. 
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@ILikePie5
When we prevented RM from becoming President the first time
I wasn't against RM simply because I didn't like him though. I just disliked the cancel culture vibes of encouraging over moderation. His stance on that seems to have changed other than just his normal routine blocking of others. Either way that is a pretty low bar for site greatness lol.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@Lunatic
Understandable, I think Ragnar isn't really appropriate as a mod personally. Whiteflame is doing a fine job and I understand he probably needs help and competent help is in short supply, so it's a tough situation. Plus I am skeptical of his ability to do the right thing in that regard because he seems to also not like upsetting people in general and it's impossible to have somebody incompetent step down without hurting their feelings.

I am struggling to do it here because I know that Ragnar is well liked, has contributed a ton of good stuff here and is honorable. He just isn't a good mod. 

I am going to need your help with setting modding on the right course if I win. If I lose Ii think I'll be powerless. I just basically need to bang out a project and make an amendment that will make my presidency a 3 months and make my impact and move on. 

I have been assured by the moderation team- that they will allow the next president to influence them. So this isn't an over faith in the position but me taking them at their word. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
I don't think anyone thinks Airmax's presidency was great.
At first it was. Then it wasn’t. Hence the again
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
I wasn't against RM simply because I didn't like him though. I just disliked the cancel culture vibes of encouraging over moderation. His stance on that seems to have changed other than just his normal routine blocking of others. Either way that is a pretty low bar for site greatness lol.
It was both actually 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Be extra careful in the work environment with those who like to maintain their position through charm and being political, rather than getting things done. They are very prone to envying and hating those who work hard and get results. They will slander and sabotage you without any warning.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Without enemies around us, we grow lazy. An enemy at our heels sharpens our wits, keeping us focused and alert. It is sometimes better, then, to use enemies as enemies rather than transforming them into friends or allies.
― Robert Greene, The 48 Laws of Power

PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
Robert Greene is a fucking idiot and his laws are contradictory. 

A reminder I wasted like $40 bucks on mastery and the shit could have been written in one paragraph.

Find mentor learn from them through instruction and osmosis them be master of thing. 

Fucking stupid. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Do not fight them. Instead think of them the way you think of children, or pets, not important enough to affect your mental balance
― Robert Greene, The 33 Strategies of War

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
All of us have access to a higher form of intelligence, one that can allow us to see more of the world, to anticipate trends, to respond with speed and accuracy to any circumstance. This intelligence is cultivated by deply immersing ourselves in a field of study and staying true to our inclinations, no matter how unconventional our approach might seem to other. Through such intense immersion over many years we come to internalize and gain an intuitive feel with the rational processes, we expand our minds to the outer limits of our potential and are able to see into the secret core of life itself. We then come to have powers that approximate the instinctive force and speed of animals, but with the added reach that our human consciousness brings us. This power is what our brains are designed to attain, and we will naturally led to this type of intelligence if we follow our inclinations to their ultimate ends.
― Robert Greene, Mastery

I learned from him, I stayed true. Airmax didn't. You didn't.

The difference is blatant. The real debating genius in the perpetual making is here. I am the master. You are the student. Look at your rating, look at your attitude.

The one thing I respect about you is you always push boundaries and limits, you bend things and invent things to a degree but you do it impulsively, erratically. You don't have a system to your madness most of the time unless there's superficial social gain from it. You are not evolved enough, Wylted, you let yourself stagnate. You actually have probably been the single most declining debater of the DDO-to-DART's history, I've never seen someone go from as good as you used to be to as dogshit as you are now.

I pity you, I worry for you. I don't type this to hurt you, I type this to talk down to you as you talk down to me except what I am saying is really true. Try harder, put more heart into this shit. Be the Wylted who shows up to a debate and makes me shake in my fucking chair, don't be the Wylted who I laugh at as he barely can form a coherent argument and forfeits.

PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
  • DDO-to-DART's history, I've never seen someone go from as good as you used to be to as dogshit as you are now.
This true but really life has gotten in the way of the effort I am able to put into debates. I managed to do so well on DDO because I debated an interesting concept. I didn't plan my arguments, but what I did do was find a way to immerse myself for 12 hours a day in formulating my arguments by passively listening to podcasts on the topic, watching YouTube and spending a lot of time writing. 

I want to spend that much time now, but I can't. It was fun. For example I spent the last 6 months working 60 hours a week. When I am off, I have fun with my son. We play Minecraft or I work with him on his homework because his mother lacks the patience so it falls on me. I also drive her back and forth to work so that consumes between mine her and the kids travel 2 hours a day. 

I also try to fit in a workout and some self development for example lately I have been spending 30 minutes a day with the book psycho cybernetics. 

I want to put in that effort. You know what I do now instead of spending spare time researching debates? I study for the CompTIA A+ certification or some other thing I think will help me move in the direction I want to go. 

I don't have time for the presidency. I want you to actually work on yourself. You just need to stop seeing people in such a negative way and be more of a team player. I am not here to defeat you and prevent you from being the president. I am here to make you a better president. You are almost there. 
Sir.Lancelot
Debates: 182
Sir.Lancelot
-->
@RationalMadman
@Wylted
I’m dead. 

Dude seriously just said you got nerfed.
Put some effort in. I want to witness the power level of Peak Wylted. 

On another note, why are you talking like a D&D character, RM?
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@Sir.Lancelot
. I want to witness the power level of Peak Wylted. 
You will. I am thinking about doing a debate tournament where I am literally in every bracket and then I defeat the entire site by the end of the tournament.