Rural people don’t read newspapers.

Author: IwantRooseveltagain

Total: 94
PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Standard oil literally paid Democrats to change laws so they could more easily dominate their competition. Those laws were for economic interventionism not removal of regulation's.

IwantRooseveltagain
Debates: 0
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Actually Woodrow Wilson was in office when Rockefeller paid him to kill his employees 
Republicans are fundamentally opposed to regulation of the economy and organized labor.

PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Correct regulation or I should say over regulation is bad. Let's debate "over regulation is good" . I will take con. 

As far as unions are concerned, red states make interventionist laws that harm unions and a lot of blue states make laws that favor unions. Neither approach is okay. Both approaches are pure evil.

A law that says if 51% of my workforce signs up for a union, I have to is evil and unethical. A law that demand employers give benefits to non union members that union members negotiated for, is evil and unethical. The government should not be picking winners and losers. 

Here this could also help you understand why the 1880s were not Laissez-faire. You're welcome 

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Did you mean to attach an article about Great Britain? We were talking about the U.S. economy .

Here this could also help you understand why the 1880s were not Laissez-faire. You're welcome
If the 1880’s were not Laissez-faire then there has been no period of LF in America.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Yes I dropped out of highschool at 16 because I was emancipated to become an adult and gained custody of my younger siblings. It took 2 minimum wage jobs to afford to raise them, so there was no time for school. Not to mention it isn't easy for even an emancipated 16 yr old to acquire an apartment lease. 
So you had bad parents. I see.

Tell me how much help you got from the government to be able to support your younger siblings. Food stamps? Free lunch at school? Free healthcare from CHIPS. How did programs created by Democrats help you and your family?
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Correct. Like I said the passing of Glass Steagull caused people to immediately go from banking at local banks to national and multinational ones in a relatively short period of time.
Before Glass Steagull passed 80% of banking was done at mom and pop banks. Afterwards 80% is done at the top 5 or 6 banking institutions. 
Glass-Steagall separated Investment banking from Commercial banking and gave banks taking deposits access to federal financial support along with a myriad of regulations including how much reserves the bank needed to hold and what commercial banks could do with those deposits.

Glass-Steagall was good legislation. Just 10years after it’s repeal the banking industry put our economy in the worst crisis since the Depression.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Tell me how much help you got from the government to be able to support your younger siblings. Food stamps? Free lunch at school? Free healthcare from CHIPS. How did programs created by Democrats help you and your family?
I didn't get any of that. We went without healthcare or food stamps. Free lunches at school, perhaps . Honestly though I think all republicans support the free lunch programs. 

In fact I will let you into just how much the government helped me. 

I was in an abusive home and ran away with my siblings. The police caught us, criticized me for being a bad brother and returned us to my father.

So I guess thanks government for literally putting me in an abusive home.

I didn't have the best mother, but we were kidnapped so not entirely her fault for the situation.

When we did manage to get removed and put into a foster home, my sister went to a temporary foster home where she was abused until she got into a girl's home. She did end up in a therapeutic foster home and ended up escaping the abuse. So for her that was the second time government intervention put her in an abusive home.

Me and my brother immediately went to a boy's home which was terrible but not abusive. We then went to an abusive foster home and I even witnessed a 5 year old get molested. So thanks government intervention, I guess. 

I had to do a ton of work to be freed from that abusive situation and to free my siblings. When I was free, I represented myself in court and fault for the custody of my siblings. As soon as I got custody, the state immediately stopped assisting us at all. DCF disappeared as did the guardian ad litem and every one else. 

I didn't get government money, nor did I get any food stamps. What Is did get was less money in my paycheck due to taxes which made things harder. 
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Glass-Steagall was good legislation. Just 10years after it’s repeal the banking industry put our economy in the worst crisis since the Depression
Look up the statistics for how much banking was done by small banks before the act vs after the act.

I understand the intent behind the legislation was good. You need to actually look into the results of these regulations not what the stated intent is.

Would you like to debate the following. You would be pro

"Glass Steagull was a perfect policy with zero negative results" 
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
It sucks that repealing it hurt big business so stocks went down, but it's good that there was more competition and less corruption in banking because of the repeal 
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
That's interventionism. A right wing government would allow strikes not send the national guard in. 
Biden recently signed a bill into law making it illegal for rail workers to strike. He also said the bill was good  for America.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Free lunches at school, perhaps . Honestly though I think all republicans support the free lunch programs. 
Perhaps? Were you guardian to your siblings or not? Sounds like you are dodging. And Republicans do not support the school lunch (and breakfast) program. Democrats created the program in 1946 and most recently it was improved and championed by First Lady Michelle Obama.

“Low-income children are eligible to receive reduced-price or free meals at school. Children in households with incomes below 130 percent of the poverty level or those receiving SNAP or TANF qualify for free meals. Those with family incomes between 130 and 185 percent of the poverty line qualify for reduced-price meals”

CHIPs was formulated in the aftermath of the failure of President Bill Clinton's comprehensive health care reform proposal. Legislation to create CHIP was co-sponsored by Democratic Senator Ted Kennedy and Republican Senator Orrin Hatch, and received strong support from First Lady Hillary Clinton. Despite opposition from some conservatives, SCHIP was included in the Balanced Budget Act of 1997, which President Clinton signed into law in August 1997. At the time of its creation, SCHIP represented the largest expansion of taxpayer-funded health insurance coverage for children in the U.S. since the establishment of Medicaid in 1965.

We’re your siblings still children in 1997? If you didn’t get it for them you made a mistake.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
So I guess thanks government for literally putting me in an abusive home.
Come on, usually government is the Federal government not the local police. What state were you living in when you ran away?

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
and Republican Senator Orrin Hatch,

Republicans do not support..

wut?

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
What Is did get was less money in my paycheck due to taxes which made things harder. 
At your income level you don’t pay any Federal income tax. You pay social security tax for your retirement and disability and Medicare tax.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Glass Steagull was a perfect policy with zero negative results" 
Gee, like Trump’s “perfect phone call”

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
It sucks that repealing it hurt big business so stocks went down, but it's good that there was more competition and less corruption in banking because of the repeal 
You have no clue what you are talking about. The repeal resulted in investment banks merging with commercial banks. The result was swift and disastrous.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Biden recently signed a bill into law making it illegal for rail workers to strike. He also said the bill was good  for America.
That’s a lie.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
but it's good that there was more competition and less corruption in banking because of the repeal 
That’s the opposite of what happened. The Housing crash of 2008 was largely the result of repealing Glass-Steagall.

Deregulation and a lack of new regulation 

PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Perhaps? Were you guardian to your siblings or not? Sounds like you are dodging.
I said I was. Not a perfect memory from over 2 decades ago though. 

We’re your siblings still children in 1997? If you didn’t get it for them you made a mistake.
I am sure I made several errors. It's hard to know what is available to you when you spend all your time working and raising kids. Why didn't Bill Clinton just mail me insurance cards? It's not like I had access to the internet back then to know these things. 

Come on, usually government is the Federal government not the local police. What state were you living in when you ran away?

Florida, yeah it was all local governments. Local police putting me in an abusive home, followed by the department of children and families. 

At your income level you don’t pay any Federal income tax. You pay social security tax for your retirement and disability and Medicare tax.

Yeah back then it was minimum wage or close to it, but had I been in charge of my own retirement and Medicare or whatever than I could have utilized the money immediately. 

My income level recently has dropped so maybe I can get a refund for some of the federal taxes I paid this year, but how much I made the prior year and before that I doubt I can get refunded. It is only around 70k this year due to me just deciding to go into a deep depression earlier this year and become catatonic. I think I may switch to a higher paying role come February or March but I kind of like taking it easy right now, even though I am working long hours. 

PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
You have no clue what you are talking about. The repeal resulted in investment banks merging with commercial banks. The result was swift and disastrous.
Before the act 80% of banking was done with small banks. What happened to all those wealthy bankers? My guess is they had to get jobs as tellers for the new banks.

You know you really should consider supporting policies that are good for the country . Even if you are a Russian spy or something trying to trick people into supporting policies that harm themselves or you were just brainwashed by a bad actor, you still should see that hurting Americans does not benefit you and only helps the billionaire bankers. 

That’s the opposite of what happened. The Housing crash of 2008 was largely the result of repealing Glass-Steagall.

Deregulation and a lack of new regulation 

My impression is that banks made risky loans and did other stupid moves because they knew they would receive economic interventionism in the form of stimulus and bail outs. So once again had we not removed the consequences of risks for banks through economic interventionism we could have avoided all that. 

The banks shouldn't have been bailed out period. Thanks for economic interventionism for making them too big to fail and then thanks economic interventionism for bailing them out instead of taking some short term extreme pain in exchange for long term gain

PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
I am going to be honest with you. I could have went after my parents for child support. I could have applied for government aid potentially but I was making an income so not sure if I was ever eligible. 

I was like you back then also. I was a liberal then I learned about policy issues included economics and philosophy and it became really obvious the results of liberal policies being countries like Venezuela, and I realized it is no coincidence blue cities like Detroit and Chicago turn up into 3rd world countries while republican cities have very little poverty and a lot of economic prosperity. 

I live in a blue area now and will confirm it is a shithole and I hope to vacation in the country soon to get away from it and enjoy paradise. As soon as I set myself up to make 6figures from home, I think I'll move the family to the country. I am sure it's exactly how I imagine it in my head. You know without me having to trip over meth heads when I walk into a convenience store and have constant fear of a violent crime happening 
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Florida, yeah it was all local governments. Local police putting me in an abusive home, followed by the department of children and families. 
Well there’s your problem right there. Florida has no state income tax. Social programs like foster care are low priority. If you had been lucky enough to live in a state that cared about human beings you would have likely had more support.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Yeah back then it was minimum wage or close to it, but had I been in charge of my own retirement and Medicare or whatever than I could have utilized the money immediately. 
Yes, but then you would likely be in poverty in your old age. Do you realize that most seniors in this country get the majority of their income from social security?

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
My impression is that banks made risky loans and did other stupid moves because they knew they would receive economic interventionism 
Dozens of banks went out of business in the Great Bush Recession. Both Investment banks like Lehman Bros. and Merrill Lynch and commercial banks like Washington Mutual. So, so much for knowing they would be rescued.

I’m curious were you got this impression but I’m guessing it was ignorant right wing media.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
The banks shouldn't have been bailed out period.
If some of the banks hadn’t been bailed out you would have been likely unemployed for the last 14 years. Is that what you want?

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
republican cities have very little poverty and a lot of economic prosperity. 
That’s laughable. All the wealth is in California, New York, Massachusetts, Connecticut, and New Jersey. All the poverty is in the red states like Kentucky, West Virginia, Mississippi, and Louisiana.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
If you had been living in Delaware when all this happened I think you would have had better support.

PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Well there’s your problem right there. Florida has no state income tax. Social programs like foster care are low priority. If you had been lucky enough to live in a state that cared about human beings you would have likely had more support.
Name one state that doesn't struggle to get good foster care parents in the system. 

Yes, but then you would likely be in poverty in your old age. Do you realize that most seniors in this country get the majority of their income from social security?

Not really. I put like 30% of my money in investments. I would do even more if taxes weren't removed. Also filial responsibility laws would fix what those who fucked up investing or failed to, caused to happen to themselves.

Both Investment banks like Lehman Bros. and Merrill Lynch and commercial banks like Washington Mutual. So, so much for knowing they would be rescued
Thank God they were punished for stealing market share from small banks, but unfortunately the market share up for grabs when they failed most likely went to other big banks due to market interventionism. 

Personally I try to avoid feeding the system by sticking with credit unions, but I am only one person.

I’m curious were you got this impression but I’m guessing it was ignorant right wing media.
Just economists from a variety of sources. This is straight projection. You only get your news from Salon so you assume because you do that, that must mean conservatives do it as well. I suggest if you can't find unbiased sources of information that you at least attempt to get it from those who have the opposing bias to yours as well.

If some of the banks hadn’t been bailed out you would have been likely unemployed for the last 14 years. Is that what you want?
Yes if billionaires were not rescued and thus incentivized to partake bad banking practices. It somehow would have effected me, LOL. Tell me how giving bank of America millions would have prevented me from making a good income? 

That’s laughable. All the wealth is in California, New York, Massachusetts, Connecticut, and New Jersey. All the poverty is in the red states like Kentucky, West Virginia, Mississippi, and Louisiana.
You do have to do that to hide what is really going on don't you. All the poverty and crime in red states is mostly from the large blue cities within those states not the red cities. 

We do know that large cities that are completely controlled by liberals are destroyed. Look at Detroit and Chicago for example. 

Are their wealthy elites that live in those cities. Sure, and they fund and vote for Democrats because their millions help isolate them from the effects of those policies and the regulations help them gain more market share. 

You can do the same thing on country levels by looking at leftist nations like China, North Korea and Venezuela and see the same results as in major cities ran by Democrats. 

If you had been living in Delaware when all this happened I think you would have had better support.
Venezuela is even more liberal than Delaware, by your logic I would have gotten more help in Venezuela than Delaware. You have to get over this retard think that goes like this "derp the further left you go the closer you get to a utopia, derp". That's demonstrably false and even when I proved increased regulations result in more market share for large businesses in banking, agriculture and healthcare this causing more poverty because wealth becomes more centralized and you back pedal and say stupid shit like 

"Derp but if we have small businesses able to survive it means employees will be treated badly, derp ignore that Nike literally uses child slave labor as do most multinationals derp" 

You are either a legit retard for thinking small businesses being destroyed for the benefit of big businesses is good because those businesses are altruistic God's or you yourself are evil.

I live in Delaware now. Trust me I run into more poverty here and crackheads than I did in Jupiter. If they help more than why is Wilmington Delaware, worse than Jupiter Florida? 

Why do you even think that Delaware has alleviated the following problems that have always plagued child services

1. Lack of foster care options
2. Child service workers lasting an average of 6 months to a year and having extremely high turnover and constantly being short handed

There is currently a documentary on Netflix about some kid who was abused by his parents until he died. Child services was in his life a lot and they failed to remove him before he died. Guess where that took place? It took place in one of the biggest cities in California. So a blue city, in a blue state. 
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Name one state that doesn't struggle to get good foster care parents in the system. 
I’m sure they all struggle to find people willing to be foster care parents. I’m talking about how some states support the program with funding and others do not. The foster care parents are just one part of the system. You need dedicated social workers, judges, healthcare and mental health providers, lawyers, educators, parole officers, volunteer mentor programs and more. I am a Court Appointed Special Advocate in the California system.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
You do have to do that to hide what is really going on don't you. All the poverty and crime in red states is mostly from the large blue cities within those states not the red cities. 
This statement is straight out of FOX News.