Communism at an individual level?

Author: Best.Korea

Total: 9
Best.Korea
Debates: 265
Best.Korea
Usually, when people talk about Communism, they talk about big government or few people organizing entire society.

But I was thinking, maybe teaching individuals on an individual level would be better than trying to command society as a whole.

Controlling who gets what is lots of work.

Teaching and motivating individuals to willingly share to those in need is much more simple and basically achieves the same goal of eliminating poverty.

Now, current education system is based around making people obedient and stupid and greedy.

While these may be desirable characteristics for capitalism, they are not desirable characteristics for anyone who is still somewhat human.

I was thinking, if we change the educational system to turn people into more sharing individuals, we could achieve more Communism in youth.

It should make people more humble and more willing to share their goods with others.

Psychologists and sociologists have spent decades figuring out how to control people, so I am almost sure they are capable of this task of manufacturing "sharing mentality" in youth.

I know that religions have something similar, but I think that we atheists need to turn Communism into religion-like addictive ideology that takes over the minds of the youth in an even greater way than religion does.

For this, one needs a lot of attempts and a lot of different plans competing with each other for better results.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
Individual needs to feel an overwhelming need to help others. If we manage to do this, it will be great.
sadolite
Debates: 0
sadolite
I can care for four people and that is it. My wife my two children and myself. There is no money for anything else. I pay income tax and if that doesn't cover a fifth person then the whole world can kiss my fucking ass. How many people do you care for?
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
-->
@Best.Korea
Individual needs to feel an overwhelming need to help others
You should move to Cuba along with 10 million other communists.  10 million freedom loving Cubans can come here.  This does 3 useful things.

1) Communism is less prevalent in American society
2) Another English speaking island in the carrebean.
3) More right wing votes and less left wing ones.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
Sounds a lot like anarchism.
K_Michael
Debates: 38
K_Michael
-->
@Best.Korea
The problem with this system is that it's easy to defect. It's like how some people choose not to tip even though that's the norm and the servers need that money. Proponents of communism tend to argue for strong government enforcement of their ideals, to prevent abusers of the system. The alternative is an anarchist approach where defectors are punished on a local level, i.e., anyone who doesn't go along is refused service at stores, etc.

Either way, communism simply doesn't work with the current US system.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@sadolite
"I can care for four people and that is it. My wife my two children and myself. There is no money for anything else."
This is actually aimed towards those who have money.

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
The problem with this system is that it's easy to defect
I dont particularly care about those who refuse to help. They dont need to be punished in any way.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@TheUnderdog
You should move to Cuba along with 10 million other communists
It would probably be an improvement. However, I have learning disorder and a bunch of social disorders. But in the worst case, I would starve to death in Cuba, which is still an improvement compared to my current situation.