2023 Presidential Election Results

Author: whiteflame

Archived
Read-only
Total: 36
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
After substantial discussion regarding several votes on the election thread (we appreciate everyone's patience), we have determined that the outcome stands as written at the end of the election thread:

RationalMadman: 19 (RationalMadman, AustinL0926, K_Michael, zedvictor4, Lunatic, Sidewalker, Mikal, Intelligence_06, FLRW, SupaDudz, SkepticalOne, Reece101, Skipper_Sr, Barney, anderwee123, Tejretics, whiteflame, MeowRanger, WeaverofFate)
WyIted: 21 (YouFound_Lxam, Sir.Lancelot, Phenenas, Mps1213, Best.Korea, ILikePie5, WyIted, sadolite, Greyparrot, TWS1405_2, BearMan, bmdrocks21, Dr.Franklin, Mharman, SamStevens, Novice_II, rayhan16, badger, Bones, Vaarka, Ramshutu)

As such, after a hard-fought election, Wylted is officially declared the DART President. Congratulations!

There are a number of reasons that several of the votes were not counted. Several instances of multi-accounting were found among the voters, and those were compounded with those accounts having been created during the ongoing election. In one other instance, an account that had been made on the first day of the election cast a vote. While we had not specified rules for voting on this election beforehand, the efforts by several people to create new accounts during the election led us to making a cutoff. The main discussion over the last 24 hours has focused on a pair of votes that came from voters who had joined the site a few days before the election. We made the decision that, since these accounts only became active on the 18th (including both of the debates they posted on that date and the votes they cast), they would be treated the same as other accounts created during the election. While there are instances of accounts that have been inactive for long stretches of time coming back to vote, they all have long-established track records. Their absences did not invalidate their votes.

I recognize that this will be contentious. I suspect many of you will disagree with the decisions we have made. I'll say now that I apologize for the errors that have been made over the course of this election. That includes anything that came up before the voting, during it, and since it finished. It wasn't our aim to disenfranchise voters; we had to set a standard for voting and, frankly, the circumstances described above were not what we expected to see. We are still working things out that, though we should have been prepared to deal with many of these issues by this point. That includes a clear set of requirements to vote and ensuring that everything is run according to the established guidelines, which demands more time and attention to detail than I could provide this time around.

To improve things prior to the next election, and to improve the running of that election, I invite Wylted, Oromagi and RationalMadman to work with us on a new set of standards that we can use for a new MEEP to supplement/modify the existing one, as well as discussing options for oversight over the election process to ensure that it is running according to the MEEP. We leave it up to them to decide if and how much they wish to be involved, and we invite others to contribute to the discussion constructively.
PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
🙀//
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Wylted
Let me be the first to congratulate you Mr. President
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@badger
Congratulations Mr. Vice President
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@ILikePie5
Congrats señor vice president 
JimmyBlaze
Debates: 0
JimmyBlaze
 I invite Wylted, Oromagi and RationalMadman to work with us on a new set of standards that we can use for a new MEEP to supplement/modify the existing one.
Any system which counted any of the Blaze votes is obviously a  retarded system, but blocking those votes is the bare minimum you could possibly do. Please make the limits a bit stricter next time.

I am ready for my perma ban now.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@JimmyBlaze
Who are you and how did you know I was a cuck?
RationalMadman
Debates: 562
RationalMadman
I am proud to have earned all 19 votes overall.

Not due to the relative value statistically but each of those members shows a genuine love for debate to some degree either now or in their past here or on DDO.

As for Wylted's voters, the same cannot be said. This is not pettiness, it is a genuine observation, perhaps a clue even. I am clearly out of touch with the forum casual posters and they actually seem to base their vote on... actually idk what. That is how out of touch I am.

If they base their vote on me using right to block that is ashame, did they even pay attention to Wylted and his alts?

The sad part is I feel every single member who would justify their vote, voted me, excluding Ilikiepie5 who I believe genuinely has reasons to dislike me and perhaps Mharman.

I am not too surprised at this result. I predict Wylted disappointing us, I am happy if proven wrong.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@RationalMadman
I predict Wylted disappointing us
Have you been talking to my past sexual partners?
JimmyBlaze
JimmyBlaze
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
how did you know I was a cuck?
I can read.
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
I'd like to personally thank the mods, RM, and Wylted, for an immersive and exciting civic lesson in the influence a single person can have on a close election.

In all seriousness though, I apologize for any drama I indirectly contributed to - that was not my main intention.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@JimmyBlaze
Let me guess, an alt of another user.
badger
badger
Once a homeless, gay man, look how far Wylted has come. No less than President of DebateArt.com.

We're looking good, folks. Two strong white men at the helm and one auxiliary brown fellow. 

Expect great things to come. 
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Congrats to Wylted. Both candidates I believed were great candidates and by the voting standards, it was a tough decision

Wylted 52.5% 
RM 47.5%

Last year
Airmax 60.9%
3RU7AL 36.6%

2022 Presidential Election
Let's look at the final vote count of both and compare
Airmax: 25 (Castin, Speed, mikal, lunatic, BOT, SkepticalOne, Greyparrot, thett3, wylted, Supa, sui, warren, maxgoon, lady3keys, benji, bmrock, earth, Franklin,mharm, coal,exan,n8nrm, Whiteflame, REF, Pie) 
3RU7AL: 17 (Athias, FLRW, Badger, Lemming, DeprecatoryLogistician, RM, oro, 3RU7AL, Ramshatu, zed, sum1, ComputerNerd, MarkWeber, Stephen,rbel, Disc, Lunar108)
Hammer :1 (Polywitch)

2023 Presidential Election
RationalMadman: 19 (RationalMadman, AustinL0926, K_Michael, zedvictor4, Lunatic, Sidewalker, Mikal, Intelligence_06, FLRW, SupaDudz, SkepticalOne, Reece101, Skipper_Sr, Barney, anderwee123, Tejretics, whiteflame, MeowRanger, WeaverofFate)
WyIted: 21 (YouFound_Lxam, Sir.Lancelot, Phenenas, Mps1213, Best.Korea, ILikePie5, WyIted, sadolite, Greyparrot, TWS1405_2, BearMan, bmdrocks21, Dr.Franklin, Mharman, SamStevens, Novice_II, rayhan16, badger, Bones, Vaarka, Ramshutu)

Votes from Airmax-->RM
Lunatic, Mikal, Supa whiteflame, Barney

Votes from 3RU7AL-->Wylted
Ramshutu

Despite the shift in Airmax voters turning to RM, Wylted still won this election. Wylted appealed to the newer member which ultimately won him the election. Wylted's base also stayed solid throughout and he wasn't focused on swinging voters, but to get news ones

This year vote had lower turnout than last years. In an election decided by only 2 votes, this election would've played out a different way if more voter turnout happened

Right now, we need to focus about how to make this election process a lot more smoother

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Vader
We both appealed to the newer member, not just Wylted He relied primarily on old grudges against me.

I had Austin, Weaver, anderwee, skipper and sidewalker and medium-new meowranger

He had Lancelot, mps, best.korea with medium-new members like Rayhan and TWS then he relied on old grudgevotes.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
RM 

"There is zero utility in being nice to people, it is more important to be a dick about being honest"

Also RM

"Wylted won because of grudge votes against me and this is wrong"
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
RM

"Votes from 2 day old accounts are legitimate"

Also RM

"People like Ramshutu who has donated $15 a month to the site's patron acount since it began have contributed zero to the site and should not have voted"
Best.Korea
Debates: 265
Best.Korea
He relied primarily on old grudges against me.
Is a vote-devaluing claim. It does not make the vote invalid. It also does not make your valid votes more valid than valid votes for Wylted. The vote can be valid or invalid. Votes were accepted as valid by mods and by popular choice of users here.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@Best.Korea
Is a vote-devaluing claim
I am currently working on a meep proposal that would consider all insults against me, claims of election fraud and devaluing claims to be considered hate speech and banned. 

We just can't have dangerous conspiracies undermining democracy 
Best.Korea
Debates: 265
Best.Korea
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Claims of election fraud must be condemned at this point, so that we can focus more on improving the site.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
You are misquoting me. Ramshutu does not care at all about DART he shows up to vote against me and say one or two things per year.
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Vader
This year vote had lower turnout than last years. In an election decided by only 2 votes, this election would've played out a different way if more voter turnout happened
That's because the "halfway decent" members are now over posting on 3ru7al's site, lol. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
What website is that
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@Vader
What I’m seeing is: I vote for winners. 🗽 
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
Never underestimate the power of a bmrock endorsement
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
What website is that
One you and certain others we're not invited to obviously. Why do you think a large group of regular posters haven't been posting since the last election? 
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
The votes last election were around 40 total. Same with this election, indicating site activity is about the same 
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@oromagi
invite Wylted, Oromagi and RationalMadman to work with us on a new set of standards that we can use for a new MEEP to supplement/modify the existing one, as well as discussing options for oversight over the election process to ensure that it is running according to the MEEP. 
You have a lot of complaints about the election process. Are you going to resolve those complaints or just bitch. I am willing to let you take the lead here, I only have a few requests for what should be included in the meep
K_Michael
Debates: 38
K_Michael
-->
@Wylted
am currently working on a meep proposal that would consider all insults against me, claims of election fraud and devaluing claims to be considered hate speech and banned. 
1. MEEP proposals are managed by the moderators, not the president. [1] You may submit a proposed change like any other member of DArt, but have no extra power over whether they are passed or even make it into an actual MEEP.
Moderation may submit questions and proposals regarding moderation policy, voting policy, and the code of conduct to Moderation Engagement and Enactment Processes (MEEPs). MEEPs are binding referenda and comment periods on the questions and proposals submitted. Moderation has full discretion on which questions and proposals are submitted to MEEPs
2. Insults against an elected official are not in the same class as claims of election fraud. The President gets no special protection against free speech that is not afforded to a regular citizen. I could call you a trolling dillweed regardless of whether the election was won legitimately.
3. Hate speech under the current policy.
Unwarranted systemic vulgarity and invectives, which may include off topic personal attacks and/or hate speech, are subject to disciplinary actions.
The rules clearly indicate that warranted insults are not subject to disciplinary actions.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@K_Michael
He is gonna go 'duh I was joking' like the clown candidate he was and clown president he is.