Thank you very much, all who voted RM 2023.

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 23
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
I want to sincerely thank all who voted me.

I lost and take the L with dignity despite what things look like.

I want you all to sit and think for a moment, whiteflame, Barney, Supadudz, Austin, Zedvictor (day 1 supporter ❤), Reece101 and FLRW too (from the start 💯). 

You all need to think about what you can do to better this website. Whether you are forum-heavy, debate-heavy or just a lurker who tactically comments. Please ask yourself before you hit the equivalent of 'Send', could you have made it slightly more debate-oriented?

I do not love DART, I like it. I did not love DDO. I am busy/tired rn and cannot type too much and this was exhausting even emotionally just to wonder what the outcome would be and mot let go because we both know, you voters and I, that Wylted probably will treat it as a joke.

I love debating, period. Be as good as me, be better than me, be the best you that you can be for DART. Do not worry about this defeat, I will try and unofficially host tournaments if people will participate. All 19 of you, even you anderwee who I do not recognise. Please contribute, make yourself warriors and flow.

Where we are different to the others lies in us not needing RM. Without Wylted they are just Pie and some trolls that ruined RM winning on a clown platform. Do not be sad, angry or jealous. Be the next candidate, make me want to drop out for you. Make DART grateful as fuck to have you.

I mean this, no matter how cringe it sounds, you have it in you to be a better you than any other member can dream of. Do not hold it back out of cynicism and fear.

Thank you to all of you, even you mr last minute voter for the underdog, weaver, I do not see your vote as a pity-vote at all, I can tell after that I earned it.

We live in a world afraid to debate, bad manners they call our passion. Celebrate your disagreeable nature, be the best you.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@zedvictor4
@Reece101
@FLRW
@AustinL0926
@WeaverofFate
Pinged in case of interest.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
I realised suddenly thinking about it that I said 19 but one was me. Poetic angle to the speech but awkward.
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
Someday, regret will come
And along with it -
Remembrance and disappointment.

Alas, that day is not today -
Or the next day - or the day after.
But someday, it will come.

And when that day comes -
I am proud to be one of the few
With no regrets.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@AustinL0926
Do you ever thumbs up posts that you like here? Just curious if you noticed it. I noticed you dont do it elsewhere.
WeaverofFate
Debates: 4
WeaverofFate
-->
@RationalMadman
You did good man. I wasn't here the whole election, but happy to have voted for you. Hopefully, you'll get it next year (if there is one).
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@WeaverofFate
Honestly they seem to be a farce at this point.
WeaverofFate
WeaverofFate
-->
@RationalMadman
What makes you say that? This is my first election here so IDK about the older ones.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@WeaverofFate
Not sure if we are on the same wavelength here so I guess I misread what you wrote.

Wylted won by running on absolutely no campaign. He lied, trolled and weaseled his way into a presumably wrongful win that he is going to use to make a mockery of what being site president means.

His voters include people who couldnt care less if DART shut down tomorrow and havent posted more than once every 12 or maybe 8 months for the past 2 to 4 years depending.

Every single one of my voters can easily justify their vote, none of his can beyond mockery and sardonic remarks or in one case lying about what I did on a team offsite.

Am I meant to look at this and the voters that Airmax brought back from the dead solely to vote on that election and think this is all good quality democratic stuff?

Nope, neither should any of my voters. They should aim to be the candidate they wished had won and that should be their own greatest self here.
WeaverofFate
WeaverofFate
-->
@RationalMadman
Oh, I thought you meant you thought it was a farce due to the history of it on top of this election. Yeah, I noticed that he didn't really have a platform while I was at work today. He pretty much just offered $50 and won.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@WeaverofFate
Very akin to the way airmax won tbh

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@RationalMadman
There we go,

Let's forget about it,

And move on.

There's always,

Next time.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@zedvictor4
That is one of the most zedvictor posts you ever made.
Sir.Lancelot
Debates: 182
Sir.Lancelot
Funny how you guys keep speculating that Wylted will be an idle president when just the last few days, he has contributed more than Airmax ever has. 

Updates will be given shortly. 
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@RationalMadman
"Do you ever thumbs up posts that you like here? Just curious if you noticed it. I noticed you dont do it elsewhere."
I usually don't thumbs up posts, for two reasons:

First, without a dislike feature, likes are fundamentally meaningless. There's no way to tell the difference between an incredibly unpopular post and an unread one.

Second, if I truly like a post, I'll reply to it and say so.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@Sir.Lancelot
"he has contributed more than Airmax ever has."
That is... not a high standard.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@RationalMadman
You ran a great campaign. This election came down to 2 votes at the end of the day. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Vader
I ran a campaign, my opponent, poor guy, lacked the mental and emotional capacity to do so without breaking spam rules and getting it deleted. Somehow that won him the election, at the end of the day we have to shut up and realise fools win with hands like 56offsuit vs Aces.

It happened, I do not care anymore and wish whoever runs next time good luck. If they do not exist then bravo to Pie or Wylted or whoever as they will run unopposed. I ran against a candidate banned in April for threats to dox and who had no real campaign and a litany of sins in his past, perhaps the only member here with a worse track record than me in terms of temp bans.

He won. That tells me enough about this website it is a joke and going downhill. I will wait for better or begin exploring other things. I am getting busier irl anyways and do not care that this fool who said he would go on hiatus is fully active.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Sir.Lancelot
He literally promised to be inactive his first month during the election phase but Wylted is a compulsive liar so ironically that may be a good lie.

We also found out he plagiarised a rated debate now.
PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
I want to be the first to thank you for maintaining your dignity in defeat. Not all of us can rise to such a high example from a moral exemplar 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit and Wylted is the lowest form of DARTizen.

When are you gonna make fun of the disabled, gays, lesbians, women or who knows what next?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
At least you cant fail us, as I said you made no promises other than that you would be away after winning, for a month, as well as that you'd hand out a 50 USD gift card to a voter.
PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
Well I am a man of the people so just tying up some stuff here and will likely spend most of my time just checking in once weekly while working in my own way to use dart as a tool for revolution on a global scale