Site Upgrades For 2023

Author: Sir.Lancelot

Total: 84
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Who is on his site that used to be on here. I’m genuinely curious. Even his biggest supporter Athias is here 
PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
Don't worry little man. In a day
I'll be banned
Not if I can prevent it, you won't be. 
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Veto the hell out of it Mr. President
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
Why is brutal's site top secret?
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
I predict she will run out of steam with her current attempts to be banned, in less than 72 hours 
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
You trolls keep asking why you were not invited to a real debate site, lol. Morons. 
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
It's obviously not going to be an invite only site. 
Sir.Lancelot
Debates: 182
Sir.Lancelot
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Don't worry little man. In a day I'll be banned and any member that seems remotely serious will be poached by 3ru7al's team. You shallow fucks will have your safe space. 
Last I checked, being intellectually impaired isn’t a crime. 
Not like you can help it anyway. 
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
I think all of us have our own unique intellectual limitations. 
Sir.Lancelot
Sir.Lancelot
-->
@Wylted
I think all of us have our own unique intellectual limitations. 
Yes, but Polytheist is special. And not the fact that she’s brain-dead.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@Sir.Lancelot
she’s brain-dead.
This is much more cringe coming from you than her. with her it feels like an immature emotional outburst. From you the personal insult feels mean and a bit nasty. You also seem above making things personal, so it does come across as more cruel from you.

None of my business how you talk to people though.
Public-Choice
Public-Choice
-->
@AustinL0926
1. Your proposed elo idea would create inflation over time. The elo jump has to be the same formula no matter what to prevent inflation. Or else we'll see like what happened after Kasparov suggested changes to it. Too much elo leading to extremely inflated scores. The formula is set up to have absolutely zero inflation, no matter the number of players.

I LOVE your idea about classes. That makes it a lot easier for tournaments and auto-matching, which is what I'd love to see. What if we had a function where you get matched with someone and you both have to complete an entire debate having only 10 or 20 minutes or an hour for your arguments? And if you run out of time then you automatically lose. There'd be a separate elo ranking for that and classical debates.

2. I like the idea, but let's make it more like 6 months of inactivity. Their name is removed otherwise. Like, take Bobby Fischer. Do you think his elo score should be removed entirely? He was a chess legend. Why shouldn't hos score remain up there? I think the same applies, in general, if the person is still active on the website.

3. Rating decay would mess with the elo system and slowly remove possible ranking achievements unless a steady stream of new accounts are flowing in. People can't just debate constantly. I work one job and am about to start a YouTube account and also have friends. I can't just spend my life debating. I don't think it's fair to penalize me for that. There's others like that I feel.

4. I think a full forfeiture should trigger an automatic loss without the needs for people to vote. That will essentially accomplish the same thing. And I think after 2 full forfeitures in a row, the account should be deactivated and therefore removed from the leaderboard.
RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
Witch, I think I know his website (forgot the URL), the one where he is known as logiczombie and is the head admin or I guess owner and even generates a crypto currency for users via gaining likes.

The problem is it only has the forum side, not the 1v1 debate side. That is why I didnt feel any urge to join, it is basically just the anarchist-heavy version of politics subreddit.
Sir.Lancelot
Sir.Lancelot
-->
@Wylted
I don’t necessarily take issue with stooping to someone else’s level. 
Polytheist is talking down to everyone here, so I believe she can handle it. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman

Edit: This is not the website, this is the provider.

There is no true competitive debating at all, it is all forum oriented.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman

Okay I understand fully now.

Steemit is like an Asian-popular provider of communities and websites but logiczombie set up hive blog website for English speaking Minarchists and Anarchists using steemit as the host for his website to run and perhaps template provider, enabling users to gain crypto usable within steemit via the likes they get.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
I am still confused if that cryptocurrency from likes is for Hive only or for Steemit but here is how it works.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman

This seems linked to it. Idk which is the right website but as peakd is part of hive I assume Hive is the overarching thing and Steemit is just a provider.
YouFound_Lxam
Debates: 32
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
If you have to explain it, you are who I'm talking about. 
How are you that incompetent?

Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@Sir.Lancelot
-->@Polytheist-Witch
I’m going to assume one of two things. 

1. You’re profoundly stupid. 
2. You’re so bad at trolling that it’s indistinguishable from the first choice. 

You’re a lost cause regardless of either option.

🤣
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@Sir.Lancelot

polytheist-Witch wrot;e; Don't worry little man. In a day I'll be banned and any member that seems remotely serious will be poached by 3ru7al's team. You shallow fucks will have your safe space. 
Sir.Lancelot wrote ; Last I checked, being intellectually impaired isn’t a crime. 
Not like you can help it anyway. 

🤣
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Stephen
Tell the group about you imagine my kids with brooms between their legs. Sick fuck. 
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
Broom sticks when a witch flys on them have to be between their legs. Stop taking stuff out of context to try and win points. 

I think it's even described that way in Harry potter
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
It's quite honestly sick you are trying to sexualize children by claiming that stating witch children flying on broomsticks is somehow a sexual metaphor