+++Presidential Update+++ 1/52

Author: PREZ-HILTON

Total: 160
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
You are laughing but this is literally bribery meaning all future times you offer a gift card for voters, people have now got incentive to vote you for a reward later.

You should be kicked out of your seat as president for this and you will keep giving reasons more.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Barney
@whiteflame
Wylted is admitting he had premeditated bribery.
PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@AustinL0926
Agreed. Curious to see whether any action will be taken.
Not only is it not a violation of any rule, but I am going to announce winners for every single meep where people vote the way I want them to and if I can convince mods to do the meep of all meeps when the other meeps I want go through, I will be giving one lucky winner a free toy Yoda. 
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@RationalMadman
Whiteflame saw the vermin supreme video before. It got posted to dart.
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
-->
@Wylted
For the record, I'm not hoping for you to be punished - I'm just hoping that the moderators issue some sort of statement that awarding a prize to voters of only one side is not acceptable. It sets a worrying precedent for the future in general, if ignored.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@AustinL0926
he literally just said he is going to bribe in the future too.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
Damn, we should definitely discourage people using money to improve the site guys. 
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@RationalMadman
How tf did I miss that? Wylted, if you do this, I swear I will sabotage every one of your MEEP's.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
give it to the patreon then, I am fine if this shithole burns down. The leadership is corrupt to its core at this point and the admin is never updating it for almost 2 years or whatever.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
I care about 1v1 debating as an artform, DART was nice while it was growing, at this point it's just another corrupt place that will end like DDO, edeb8 and all associated websites did.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@AustinL0926
How tf did I miss that? Wylted, if you do this, I swear I will sabotage every one of your MEEP's.
That wouldn't surprise me you tried to sabotage the election 
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
You guys really don't get it. Ask your President why he moved the mods to let up my ban early, while complaining I keep people from joining, while trying to increase membership?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
>voting candidate with total lack of platform and history of being the worst troll known to the website.
'embracing the election'

>counteracting it
'ruining the election'
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@RationalMadman
give it to the patreon then, I am fine if this shithole burns down. The leadership is corrupt to its core at this point and the admin is never updating it for almost 2 years or whatever.
This community is not dependent on the site. I think the community is fine here and hopefully dart keeps up with the times so it continues to be the best option . 

We have already created a community discord so we can communicate off this site to bring people together if anything happens as well.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Ask your President why he moved the mods to let up my ban early, while complaining I keep people from joining, while trying to increase membership?
To troll you and the website. All he's done since you joined back is ridicule you after all.

I also find you funny at times tbh, your anger is disproportionate to situations. However, I don't see the point in constantly anatagonising you, that is simply toxic.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
No shit dumb ass, I just said that.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@Wylted
Supporting a candidate = "sabotaging the election"

Truly, your grasp of logic knows no bounds.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
This community is not dependent on the site. I think the community is fine here and hopefully dart keeps up with the times so it continues to be the best option . 
This community isn't what you think it is. The community on that website/platform (Discord) has still got problems with its leadership, problems that only can be solved with the right person as the apex leader.

That's all I will say. The future will be what it is.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@AustinL0926
I think he means your 2 friends but quite honesty he had junk votes win it for him.

Bearman, ramshutu, samstevens and vaarka are pure junk votes from members who are so out of touch with DART it makes one wonder how they knew there was an election at all.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
You guys really don't get it. Ask your President why he moved the mods to let up my ban early, while complaining I keep people from joining, while trying to increase membership?
I thought your ban was unfair. Besides that it was a test case to see how much the mods would respect my input. They impressed me. 

I don't recall saying you scare people off. My plan would actually be to crowd out the less productive members with new incoming members. 

I actually wish you would unblock me also, it makes advocating for you a lot harder if there is no line of communication. 

In short. I don't think people should be banned for lying or understanding a situation differently from somebody else. I don't think a member should be banned because I don't like them. 

I like you, but if I didn't it still wouldn't be a good reason to not advocate on your behalf. 

I must say I am very embarrassed though because I was a dick towards Ragnar or about Ragnar for the ban. Even prior to getting elected I gave him shit for banning you and then when I succeed at changing the minds of mods and getting you unbanned you come out and I think are intentionally trying to get banned.

I have already had to apologize to Barney and admit I was an idiot for advocating on your behalf. Your behavior after you were unbanned has no doubt made my job of advocating for future banned members even harder. 

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
The reason you have no idea what the hell is going on here is because you're not an invested member of the site. You are a troll yourself, you have always been a troll, you've prided yourself on being a troll and now you want to be taken seriously. It's never going to happen cuz everyone knows you as a troll, you're hammering on the new people cuz you want to set up some sort of new established respectful position. Why I have no idea you go through these phases where you want to be a better person and it just doesn't work. This site is a joke it's always going to be a joke because even if you ban me for life there are so many idiots posting, insulting each other, trolling, multi-accounting. I was banned for a whole year and do you know how much the site increased membership in that year. Enough to cover the people that left with the Bish fiasco. They want to establish this place as a decent debate site. Delete everything, get rid of all the membership, force everyone to sign back up, block the people you know are trolls and start from scratch. 
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
I have it on good authority that two boxes of classified documents have been found in Wylted's basement.
badger
Debates: 0
badger
I can tell you that Wylted refused my nudes freely offered. 
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@badger
My phone screen is too small it might crash it
Sir.Lancelot
Debates: 182
Sir.Lancelot
-->
@Wylted
I must say I am very embarrassed though because I was a dick towards Ragnar or about Ragnar for the ban. Even prior to getting elected I gave him shit for banning you and then when I succeed at changing the minds of mods and getting you unbanned you come out and I think are intentionally trying to get banned.

I have already had to apologize to Barney and admit I was an idiot for advocating on your behalf. Your behavior after you were unbanned has no doubt made my job of advocating for future banned members even harder. 
If the mods were to resist your authority or give pushback, Barney would be the easiest to work with so far. Given how he interacts with the DART community, he’s one of the few mods that’s agreeable and not robotic. 

He’s also consistent with enforcing the rules and handing out bans without becoming a tyrant or abusing his power. 
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
I didn't realize that this needed to be fully clarified, but given how certain plans have been laid out here and elsewhere before, during and after the election, it's become apparent that I haven't done enough to explain what people can and cannot do as regards financial incentives. So, I'll clarify:

The use of funds to incentivize a given action are fine so long as it is clear that that action is generalized, e.g. voting in the election, voting on debates, voting in a MEEP. The moment those funds are used to direct a vote to anyone or any policy, regardless of the target, it becomes bribery, which is not allowed. It is in-bounds to use these incentives to encourage more people to vote. It is out-of-bounds to use these incentives to get a leg up from those votes. Candidates, or those supporting a given policy, must earn the votes for them or those policies without promises of monetary rewards.

If this is in any way unclear, please let me know. I will be adding it explicitly to future election rules.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@whiteflame
It is crystal clear that Wylted violated it, even in this thread itself for future meeps he offered a reward for those voting as he wants them to.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@whiteflame
Wylted offered a 25 dollar side prize for a voter of him, meaning in the future there is now implied bribery if he offers a prize to any voter.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@whiteflame
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
Lol it’s not bribery if you weren’t paid to vote for Wylted. There’s no guarantee you would win anyways