Debates: 269
Best.Korea
Well, that is impressive.
K_Michael
Debates: 38
K_Michael
-->
@TheUnderdog
Yes, animals totally aren't intelligent or capable of speech.
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
-->
@K_Michael
It’s possible that this is by chance, happens once an month, and not something that regularly happens.  It’s possible, but I’m not sure. 

But let’s say for the sake of argument that animals are intelligent.  Then maybe society should go vegetarian.  But you would logically have to believe that if you thought animals had human intelligence.  Otherwise, meat consumption is just as bad as cannabilism.
K_Michael
Debates: 38
K_Michael
-->
@TheUnderdog
You seem to have a very binary sense of morality.
if you thought animals had human intelligence.
Just because an animal is intelligent doesn't mean it's as intelligent as a human. It's really more of a spectrum. If I was starving to death and had to choose between killing and eating a human or a cat, I would choose the cat every time. That's not to say I wouldn't feel bad about it, it was an immoral action, but less immoral than the alternatives by my philosophy. If it were me and one other human and we had to choose who would be cannibalized, I would want it left up to chance, because both outcomes are equally bad. Meanwhile, a chicken... well, I've raised chickens. They're pretty fucking stupid. Throw a small rock on the ground and they'll mistake it for a bug and eat it. I would gladly slaughter dozens of chickens to keep a cat alive. But if I got in a scenario where it was this cat, or 1 billion chickens, I would have to pick the chickens. And I don't have an exact number on where I would draw the line. Like how many chickens is a human life worth? And what if we met an alien species vastly more intelligent than us, would it be justified in feeding us to its pets, or to keep themselves alive?

What I am sure of is that animal consumption is immoral, though not as immoral as cannibalism. And that eating a dolphin or chimp is much worse than eating a chicken or fish.
sadolite
Debates: 0
sadolite
All the intellectual gobbledygook and posturing will never stand a chance against natures food chain. Kill or be killed, eat or be eaten. Everything else is just first world priviligged BS .