Why do gay guys act feminine?

Author: YouFound_Lxam

Total: 38
YouFound_Lxam
Debates: 32
YouFound_Lxam
If the point of being gay, is a man liking another man, shouldn't that man be attracted to masculine traits and not feminine traits? Therefore the question arises, why do a lot of gay men act so feminine. Wouldn't a guy not like another guy who is acting like a girl?
PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
A lot of gay guys act masculine also and practically every zoomer even the heterosexual ones act feminine. Bruce Jenner acted pretty masculine before he pulled his publicity stunt and started pretending to be a tranny. Andrew Tate acts pretty masculine, so does vin diesel. Lots of examples of masculine gay men. 
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
If the point of being gay, is a man liking another man, shouldn't that man be attracted to masculine traits and not feminine traits? Therefore the question arises, why do a lot of gay men act so feminine. Wouldn't a guy not like another guy who is acting like a girl?
Are you looking for dating tips?
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Andrew Tate acts pretty masculine, so does vin diesel. Lots of examples of masculine gay men. 
Elaborate?
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Sidewalker
Are you looking for dating tips?
Nope. I am a straight man. I was just talking to a gay guy about this, and he agreed with me on the topic, that gay guys should like men who are gay, but act like men, because if you're a gay guy, and you like a feminine man, then you are just liking the feminine side of that man. 
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Guys act "feminine" all the time, yes, even old European monarchs. You don't care, do you?
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
What ever floats a mans procreational boat.

Which is basically what it's all about.

Sperm production however it might occur.

And if mincing is a part of the process then so be it.

No one is forcing you to mince.
Reece101
Debates: 1
Reece101
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
If you think about it Jesus seemed a bit gay. He liked to spend a lot of time around men and he’s often portrayed as having long hair. 
badger
Debates: 0
badger
I think Sidewalker nailed it and this guy is closet homosexual. Like actually. 
Best.Korea
Debates: 269
Best.Korea
I dont know why gays act feminine.

The explanation could be that "having sex with a man" or  "dreaming of having sex with a man" starts a certain feminine behavior.

The other explanation could be that "being feminine makes them distinct from straight males" which leads to "being easier to identify".

The other explanation could be that "When gay guys reach a certain age and they find out that they are different from other guys", which motivates them to "act differently from other guys to show that they are different".

The other explanation could be that "When growing up, they learn that it is usually girls who are attracted to guys". This could lead to gay guys "finding similarities between themselves and girls".
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Just like straight men tend to be attracted to a certain type of woman gay men are attracted to certain type of men. Gay men want to have sex with men because they have penises not because they're feminine or masculine. Just like lesbians are attracted to each other because they don't have penises.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Reece101
If you think about it Jesus seemed a bit gay. He liked to spend a lot of time around men and he’s often portrayed as having long hair. 
Bonding with men, and having long hair is a sign that you are gay?
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Just like straight men tend to be attracted to a certain type of woman gay men are attracted to certain type of men. Gay men want to have sex with men because they have penises not because they're feminine or masculine. Just like lesbians are attracted to each other because they don't have penises.
So gay guys don't like people for there personality, and only there penis?
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Intelligence_06
Guys act "feminine" all the time, yes, even old European monarchs. You don't care, do you?
I don't care that guys act feminine, my question is simply just, what connects gay men to the stereotype of acting feminine, if they are supposed to like men, and not women?
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
I'm saying that you throwing masculine and feminine into the mix doesn't mean anything, dumbass.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
I'm saying that you throwing masculine and feminine into the mix doesn't mean anything, dumbass.
Yes it does. 
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
No it doesn't.
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Bonding with men, and having long hair is a sign that you are gay?
Also having no children, being pacifist, father abandoning him. All signs.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
No it doesn't.
Well, you can repeat that to yourself at night buddy, but it doesn't change the fact that....it does. 
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Reece101
Also having no children, being pacifist, father abandoning him. All signs.
Not necessarily. 
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
I don't care that guys act feminine, my question is simply just, what connects gay men to the stereotype of acting feminine, if they are supposed to like men, and not women?
Why must there be a correlation? 

YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Intelligence_06
Why must there be a correlation? 
I'm not saying there does, but it confuses me that gay men (men who like other men) act so feminine. Its usually not a gay relationship, but rather one of the men pretending to be a woman, and the other staying a man. So with that setup, it is still the man liking the woman traits of a man. Isn't the point of being gay liking masculinity, and not femininity?
PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
I'm not saying there does, but it confuses me that gay men (men who like other men) act so feminine. Its usually not a gay relationship, but rather one of the men pretending to be a woman, and the other staying a man. So with that setup, it is still the man liking the woman traits of a man. Isn't the point of being gay liking masculinity, and not femininity?
This is true of every relationship. You need one masculine and one feminine element to balance it out. Sometimes the masculinity of the female balances the femininity of the man, usually it is the reverse. Gay relationships no different. Lesbians need a butch to balance the relationship and gays need a bottom. 
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Its usually not a gay relationship, but rather one of the men pretending to be a woman, and the other staying a man.
No, what you are talking about is a cis man & trans woman relationship, if it is not a gay relationship.

Or you don't know what you are talking about, do you?
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Intelligence_06
No, what you are talking about is a cis man & trans woman relationship, if it is not a gay relationship.

Or you don't know what you are talking about, do you?
No, what I am saying is that it seems like a cis man & a trans woman in a relationship, when it is supposed to be a man and a man. 
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
I think this is due to bias.

In a heterosexual relationship, the woman is basically always the more feminine one because she is female, and the man is basically always the more masculine one because he is male.

However, we can't measure the same way in a homosexual relationship. If there must be a more masculine and more feminine individual within the two, but both are men, one of them must be the more feminine one as different individuals cannot absolutely be the same.

Unless someone else brings up any psychological evidence from the far, I will conclude here by saying that nothing else is needed for such a phenomenon.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Intelligence_06
However, we can't measure the same way in a homosexual relationship. If there must be a more masculine and more feminine individual within the two, but both are men, one of them must be the more feminine one as different individuals cannot absolutely be the same.
If you have a feminine male, and a masculine male in a relationship, you are just proving that a relationship can't work without both a feminine and a masculine figure. Aren't homosexuals supposed to be two guys, and not one guy who acts like a girl, and one dude?

If homosexual relationships are legit, then they should be two masculine figures. If anything else takes place, then it just proves heterosexuality is superior, because you are sayin a relationship can't work unless there is a masculine and a feminine figure. 

IlDiavolo
Debates: 0
IlDiavolo
I always thought the feminine gay is the passive and the masculine gay is the active, because in every homosexual relationship there should be someone who plays the man role and the other the woman role.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@IlDiavolo
I always thought the feminine gay is the passive and the masculine gay is the active, because in every homosexual relationship there should be someone who plays the man role and the other the woman role.
Yes. So to explain the difference between homosexuals and heterosexuals, would have to be a sexual explanations. So we should teach it to kids. End of story.
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
No, the problem is that what I described is not necessarily a conscious characteristic. Because people are different, within two people, there will always be the more masculine person and the more feminine person. That is how tautologies work.

And when people hold a characteristic, they can amplify it over time. So yes, the feminine guy can certainly become more feminine in the future. However, homosexuality of two males is based on two males, not two masculine figures. If I have two feminine guys liking each other, why do you think they aren't labeled "lesbian"?