Is sending kids to drag shows pedophillia?

Author: TheUnderdog

Total: 89
YouFound_Lxam
Debates: 32
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@ludofl3x
To demonstrate that no matter how someone identifies their own gender, they are not an inherent threat to anyone or anything, they don't impinge on society in some way, they're not to be feared, they're just people like everyone else. The idea is not TOLERANCE, it's ACCEPTANCE. This country is about your freedom to do as you please, provided "as you please" doesn't illegally encroach on "as I please." If that "as you please" included identifying and living your life as a gender other than the one you were born with, then who cares, literally, at all. Demonstrating this to children helps them understand that a person = a person. It's not to show your butthole to a child or somehow "pedophilia" which is a category error. A show is a show. A "philia" is an affinity or desire or compulsion.
First of all, doesn't the LGBTQ+ community already do that?
Second: 
Drag Queen: A drag queen is a person, usually male, who uses drag clothing and makeup to imitate and often exaggerate female gender signifiers and gender roles for entertainment purposes. Historically, drag queens have usually been gay men, and part of gay culture.

So, we should be exposing our kids to men, dressed up as women, who entertain.

Now, if they are dressed in appropriate clothing, not doing anything sexual, then it wouldn't be a problem to entertain in front of kids. Sure some moral problems there, but hey it is a free country. 

But when they are showing parts of their naked body, to young children, and making provocative comments to kids that is when it becomes a problem. 

I would be just as mad, if it were a woman, dressed up in those clothes and doing those things in front of kids. 

I promise you, though, per capita more children have been abused by clergy in the last year than have been abused at drag shows in the last hundred. Do you also get equally disgusted by priests and churches? Should we, as a society, ban children from going to church, because of how much abuse, DOCUMENTED and legally adjudicated, there has been over the last let's just take 50 years?
......ok I'm going to repeat myself one more time.

Not all drag queens are like this. Not all drag queens are pedophiles. I am simply calling out the ones who are, and saying that is wrong, and they need to be arrested. I am also saying that kids should not be allowed to go to drag shows, unless it is legitimately child friendly. 
ludofl3x
Debates: 0
ludofl3x
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
I am also saying that kids should not be allowed to go to drag shows, unless it is legitimately child friendly. 
Should the same prohibition apply to churches? 

But when they are showing parts of their naked body, to young children, and making provocative comments to kids that is when it becomes a problem. 
This has nothing to do with drag queens reading stories to children. It applies to all adults. 

So, we should be exposing our kids to men, dressed up as women, who entertain.
Let's play pretend, okay? You and I are having a discussion, you ask me what I'm doing this weekend, and I say I'm taking my seven year old to drag queen story hour Saturday morning, the one at the library, and I checked, no one is showing their butthole or giving out gift bags with butt plugs in them, or whatever else you're really worried about deep down, it's a straightforward story hour. Given your statement above, please make your argument to convince me I should NOT be doing this. 

We should be teaching our children that unless whatever someone is doing directly affects their lives in some measurable way (i.e. not "It's gross! I wouldn't do that!"), that to be an American means to shrug your shoulders and understand that even if you disagree with what they're doing, even if you'd never do it, that everyone has a right to their own identity. It's not hard to understand. 
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Greyparrot
Clergy are most certainly in a position of authority, as are drag queens when vulnerable children are ordered to accept them by teachers abusing their authority.
So instead of your original argument, which was, in response to my question, should we keep children out of churches based on the preponderance of actual documented child abuse: 

Since most of the Clergy is gay, I approve.
We're dropping that for the above, which seems to be...well I'm not sure what, actually. Can you please explain? And "ordered to accept them," please explain how this happens. 

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@ludofl3x
I'm not dropping anything. Clergy have 4 times the rates of AIDS. Therefore they are 4 times more dangerous when they do abuse children.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ludofl3x
@YouFound_Lxam
Imagine if your child's teacher forced your children to accept ...DONALD TRUMP.

Boom headshot!
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Greyparrot
Can you link me to the data showing the clergy at large has a AIDS infection rate 4X the per capita infection rate of the population? I ask because I want to see how many individuals that number may represent. Also you didn't say "Because the clergy have 4X the per capita AIDS infection rate in their population, I approve." You said because they're gay, and then said because it's some form of abuse of authority (I think, you haven't clarified this position and I said I don't quite get what you mean). Kinda looks like you're dropping it, because you're all over the map. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ludofl3x

YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@ludofl3x
Should the same prohibition apply to churches? 
It should be applied to everything. So yes including churches, but I have yet to find any modern day churches with this problem, with the exception of some. 

Let's play pretend, okay? You and I are having a discussion, you ask me what I'm doing this weekend, and I say I'm taking my seven year old to drag queen story hour Saturday morning, the one at the library, and I checked, no one is showing their butthole or giving out gift bags with butt plugs in them, or whatever else you're really worried about deep down, it's a straightforward story hour. Given your statement above, please make your argument to convince me I should NOT be doing this. 

We should be teaching our children that unless whatever someone is doing directly affects their lives in some measurable way (i.e. not "It's gross! I wouldn't do that!"), that to be an American means to shrug your shoulders and understand that even if you disagree with what they're doing, even if you'd never do it, that everyone has a right to their own identity. It's not hard to understand. 
Yes, as American's, we should be teaching that. But we should also not be teaching delusion. You can do whatever the hell you please, but when you insist that I must buy into whatever you want to believe, then that is taking away my right to believe what I want to believe. 

So I would ask you if you think boys dressing up as girls is beneficial to society, and I would also ask the reason you are bringing your kid specifically to a drag queen, and not another person. What makes it different, and so special?

I wouldn't care what your answer was, and I would leave it at that. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ludofl3x
Pretty surprised that you would defend the Catholic Clergy TBH.

A true Devil's Advocate.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Greyparrot
Imagine if your child's teacher forced your children to accept ...DONALD TRUMP.

Boom headshot!

Testify Brotha. TESTIFY
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Story time with DONALD TRUMP would never be allowed in schools. This discussion is now over.
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Greyparrot
@YouFound_Lxam
"Another report suggested that from the mid-1980s onwards, Catholic priests in the US were dying from AIDS-related illnesses at a rate four times higher than that of the general population, with most of the cases contracted through gay sex, and the cause often concealed on their death certificates."

What's missing? The report itself. Perhaps this:

Kansas City Star found the AIDS-related death rate among priests was "more than six times" the rate among the general population in the 14 states studied
14 states =/= general population. 

So yes including churches, but I have yet to find any modern day churches with this problem, with the exception of some. 
Come on now. You wrote this, had a chance to edit it, and didn't, which would lead me to the conclusion you thought it was...good? "I've never seen one, except the ones I have seen." THat's what this says. Try again. 
You can do whatever the hell you please, but when you insist that I must buy into whatever you want to believe, then that is taking away my right to believe what I want to believe. 
No one is insisting this or taking away your right to believe whatever you want. This is somewhat typical: you believe something that others don't, and when they call you out as a bigot or even ask you to support your position with facts, you flounder around and then say "I have the freedom to believe what I want," without recognizing that the right to believe it does not equate to the right to never be called an asshole over it. You can believe, absolutely, whatever you want. If I find whatever that belief is abhorrent, I am within my rights to say "you're a dick." This is what you're actually objecting to: society deciding you're a dick. By all means believe whatever you like, but own whatever it is fully and understand that you aren't insulated in any way from others deciding you're an unpleasant douche because of it. After all, it's ALL beliefs. 

So I would ask you if you think boys dressing up as girls is beneficial to society, and I would also ask the reason you are bringing your kid specifically to a drag queen, and not another person. What makes it different, and so special?
I would respond that I think it's important to demonstrate to my kids that humans are a diverse group, but they're all humans. Plus they're reading Horton Hears a Who, that's their favorite story.

I wouldn't care what your answer was, and I would leave it at that. 
My advice is to just start here: shut the fuck up about it then from the start, because whatever anyone says to you is pointless, you have your position calcified and you can live your life just fine without ever going to a drag show, or worrying who's taking their kids to drag queen story hour. Then I don't even have to know you're an unpleasant douche. See how it works?
cristo71
Debates: 1
cristo71
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
“Mommy, I wanna wear a sparkly dress and long shiny hair and eye coloring to school! Can I? Why not??”

cristo71
cristo71
-->
@Greyparrot
Should our elementary schools be offering optional, after school gun safety courses? It’s never too early to learn!
cristo71
cristo71
-->
@Greyparrot
When you identify as a professional, female figure skater, and society wants to validate your feelings:

Reminds me of the one about the naked emperor who identified as being fully clothed…

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@cristo71
Well played sir!
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ludofl3x
My advice is to just start here: shut the fuck up about it then from the start,
And this is why authority should not be allowed to abuse children anymore. Freedom of association is the American way. Admit you would never allow your kids to be forced to attend story time with DONALD TRUMP. Just admit it and move along.
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Greyparrot
I'm not sure what you're getting at. You've tried this with strippers, hooters girls and Donald Trump. None of these story times exist. I'm certainly free to say "No, I don't want my kids attending a story time with Donald Trump" for any or no reason, and you'd be free to say "You're an asshole" over it. What exactly is it you are trying to find here? 

Freedom of association is the American way. 
Explain how my advice countermands this idea. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ludofl3x
None of these story times exist.
Thank you for agreeing with me that they do not exist because they SHOULD not exist.
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Greyparrot
Huh??? Are you having some sort of reaction to medication you're on? sorry, a reaction to whatever snake oil you got from INfowars this week to boost your manhood or whatever?
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@ludofl3x
 You can believe, absolutely, whatever you want. If I find whatever that belief is abhorrent, I am within my rights to say "you're a dick." This is what you're actually objecting to: society deciding you're a dick. By all means believe whatever you like, but own whatever it is fully and understand that you aren't insulated in any way from others deciding you're an unpleasant douche because of it. After all, it's ALL beliefs. 
Alright. Then don't get so pressed when someone makes a super bowl adds about Christianity or tells you that bringing kids to drag shows is wrong, because hey, it's my opinion.

Quesion:
If you take a Drag Queen show, and have the same exact act, but with actual women instead, would it be acceptable or appropriate for kids to be there?

I would respond that I think it's important to demonstrate to my kids that humans are a diverse group, but they're all humans. Plus they're reading Horton Hears a Who, that's their favorite story.
Ok, well that's your opinion, and I'm going to call you a dick for that. Now don't get mad, understand?

My advice is to just start here: shut the fuck up about it then from the start, because whatever anyone says to you is pointless, you have your position calcified and you can live your life just fine without ever going to a drag show, or worrying who's taking their kids to drag queen story hour. Then I don't even have to know you're an unpleasant douche. See how it works?
Difference between you and me, is that your conclusion to your argument, is to tell your opponent to shut the f*** up, and mine is to make valid points.
Who is being more intellectual here?

You say that people should have the ability to express their own opinions because we are so diverse, yet you don't respect mine, and actually get pressed about me saying that kids shouldn't go to drag queen shows. I thought everyone's opinion matters.

Fact of Life: People are not going to respect your opinion all the time. Either get over it, or support your opinion with facts and not emotions. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ludofl3x
You seem angry. Want to talk about it?
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
If you take a Drag Queen show, and have the same exact act, but with actual women instead, would it be acceptable or appropriate for kids to be there?
So, the question is "is it appropriate for women to perform in front of children?" As the question stands, obviously yes. 

Ok, well that's your opinion, and I'm going to call you a dick for that. Now don't get mad, understand?

Yes, I'm not mad that you think I'm a dick for wanting people to feel like they can have their freedom of expression. COmpletely comfortable. 

Difference between you and me, is that your conclusion to your argument, is to tell your opponent to shut the f*** up, and mine is to make valid points.
Who is being more intellectual here?
Read it again. That's not my conclusion to any argument, it's my advice to you as an adolescent. If you get all worked up when you hear someone thinks you're an asshole, because of something you think, then my advice is that you do not go around telling people whatever that is until you recognize people can think you're an asshole. Please don't bring "intellectual" into the argument, either, you've called it the "political isle" and used the wrong THEIR in another forum title,not to mention you clearly didn't read the article you posted about what you thought was CRT in elementary schools. And used an argument that stated "I have not seen a problem with child abuse in modern churches, except for the ones I've seen." 

You say that people should have the ability to express their own opinions because we are so diverse, yet you don't respect mine, and actually get pressed about me saying that kids shouldn't go to drag queen shows. I thought everyone's opinion matters.
You're still getting it wrong. I respect THAT you can have an opinion that differs from mine, which as far as I can tell is one person on a video you saw on the internet showed a child their butthole and that means drag shows for children everywhere are undermining the fabric of America (or something), and you think they're weird and gross. Your argument that kids shouldn't go to drag queens show seems entirely based on one person, one video, so far. That's your opinion, you have a right to it, I respect that part. It's a stupid opinion that's ill informed by reality. That's MY opinion. I really don't care if you respect it, and if you call me a dick about it, I'm just going to say "Oh, okay," make my conclusions about you as a character and move on. That's how societies function. 

Either get over it, or support your opinion with facts and not emotions. 
Get over what? I'm not all bent out of shape that you're an asshole, life is full of them. I don't even care if you think I'm an asshole, given how poorly informed your opinions are thus far, how shabbily supported, how ill expressed, I don't give them any weight at all. If you were an actual intellectual, I might think "Hey, that person whom I respect seems to think I'm an ill informed asshole, maybe I should examine what I think a little more closely for WHY I think it, and decide if I should review my position."

You said "bringing kids to drag shows is wrong, because hey, it's my opinion." Is this actually your opinion? Please support it with facts, not emotions. 

FLRW
FLRW
-->
@ludofl3x

Did you know that Gp is really Alex Jones and  YF_L is Chucky?
RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
I can understand the reason to be against these stripper shows being exposed to young audiences.

I do support very liberal sex education though. Lust is a part of life and society, the more armed anyone's offspring are on how to do it safely and what it is and how to not need to do it by self stimulating, the less the chances they ever end up with an unwanted pregnancy, hopefully no STI or STD either, ever.

It is smart, strategic and an inevitable reality that their peers and their own hormones once puberty kicks in will drive them to get urges and curiosity and either you guide their discovery before anyone can corrupt it or you pretend we live in a fairytale and they will not get corrupted elsewhere.

There is directly negative correlation in the rate of STD transfer plus unwanted, especially teen pregnancies and frequency of exposing children and teens to stratified sex education in the schooling.

They must know and understand the world and their bodies, otherwise they may not even realise what an abusive molester has even done to them or that they themselves did absolutely nothing wrong but should expose them. They need to realise it is not taboo to discuss and share advice and experiences, it is just a bit weird and it is the acts that make things truly inappropriate and immoral, not the urges.
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@RationalMadman
I can understand the reason to be against these stripper shows being exposed to young audiences.
This is a different topic than drag queens, though, and no one in here has supported bringing children to The Pussycat Lounge. 
RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
-->
@ludofl3x
Thar is genuinely what some drag shows are like 
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@RationalMadman
I'm not saying they don't exist. I'm saying no one in here is arguing that it's fine to take a child to a show where an adult is exposing their naked body. Given that, I think most people in here presume that we're talking about drag shows made to entertain children, rather than the lurid adult sorts. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
You must be Samantha Bee then :)

Most parents would not allow Samantha Bee story hour with a 6 year old.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Greyparrot

OMG, you're saying I look like a Drag Queen. Actually, people say I look like 
Clint Eastwood.    And I say to you. you've gotta ask yourself a question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?