The Last of Us TV Adaptation.

Author: Reece101

Total: 12
Reece101
Debates: 1
Reece101
Omfg I can’t believe no conservatives are shitting on the third episode. It should trigger the hell out of them.
I implore everyone to watch the show from the beginning. It’s really good regardless, but wait until that third episode.
It’s arguably the best so far. 
badger
Debates: 0
badger
Such a great show. Did not see that third episode coming haha.

One of the lads at work says the game is all about being emotional. Makes sense, I guess. Otherwise we're zombies.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi

Right there between the chicken protein and deer protein
PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
Almost everything on TV is liberal propaganda. I haven't seen the show but it would probably explain why nobody is shitting on it. 

I haven't seen the show though, is this more bad than usual, like are they promoting pedophilia or some other normal liberal beliefs 
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Okay so before I go into a taboo aspect of last of us here is what I have read about episode 3:

An elderly gay couple commit mutual euthanasia (dual suicide) because they're about to become zombies. I guess there are 3 aspects there for the right-wing to dislike, the third is a more subtle idea linked to abortion.

The real taboo in last of us is that an older man and younger female become like stepdad and daughter and endup intimate in the game to my knowledge. By intimate I do mean full on physical, to my knowledge though they don't undress them fully in the game or there'd have been more talk about it when the game was still hot.
Reece101
Debates: 1
Reece101
-->
@RationalMadman
lol
PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@RationalMadman
An elderly gay couple commit mutual euthanasia (dual suicide) because they're about to become zombies. I guess there are 3 aspects there for the right-wing to dislike, the third is a more subtle idea linked to abortion.
It seems understandable to commit euthanasia in those circumstances. I can understand getting annoyed if the show gets preachy when it is happening but other than that it doesn't seem like anything too out of the ordinary. I recently watched that superhero show on Amazon prime, can't remember the name and the whole thing was slightly preachy about COVID 19 but applied the concept wrong because the shows government and scientists were denying their proxy for COVID 19, so it seemed understandable why people would have. Skepticism in that shows universe. None the less despite the preachiness it was a good story

13 days later

Castin
Debates: 0
Castin
Episode 3 broke my fucking heart. You're gonna take me on this whole romantic journey with two great characters you're just gonna kill off? Fuck you.

8 days later

Athias
Debates: 20
Athias
So, now that I've watched up to episode six, which I think is a decent sample, I must say that I do like how the show approaches the prospect of a zombie outbreak better than its competitors (*cough* The Walking Dead *cough* World War Z (2013) *cough*.) Let me start with episode three. Episode three was fine. I can't help the suspicion that the adulation the episode has received from the mainstream media is primarily based on the fact that it focused on the intimacy of two homosexual men. The stereotypes took much away from it--i.e. they're gay, therefore they must be "cultured" men who enjoy wine, fine dining, concert piano, and Linda Rondstadt. Not to mention how preposterous it is that one would find someone randomly in one's trap to whom one is attracted who shares one's proclivities. That aside however, it generally is a nice episode, despite the logical and practical inconsistencies--e.g. Bill being able to maintain his gated community by himself. I did like the letter at the end, which was so consistent with Nick Offerman.

As for Joel and Ellie, I like how things are progressing so far, though I do have some criticism for the execution of their, for lack of a better term, iconic clash in episode six. It's not that Oberyn and Lyanna didn't act the hell out of that scene; it's just some of the word choices could've been reconsidered. It gives too much away too early, especially considering that the primary plot point of "Last of Us" is Joel and Ellie's growing relationship. For those wondering what I'm talking about, I'm specifically referring to the part where Ellie states this:

"Do you give a shit about me or not?"

And Joel responds:

"Of course, I do."

Throughout the first part of Last of Us, one is supposed to question Joel's attachment to Ellie--is she's just cargo, or is she more? And this all leads to the culmination of his response to a difficult choice. I'm not saying it has to be a carbon copy of the scene from the game, but if it were I who was writing that scene, I would for the most part keep it the same, except I would construct it this way:

Joel: I made this decision for your own good.
Ellie: Don't act like you give a shit about me.
Joel: You'll be way better off with Tommy. He knows the area better than I do.
Ellie: Stop with the bullshit! What are you afraid of?
Joel: ...
Ellie: I'm not her, you know?

And then proceed with the rest of the scene. I'm nitpicking, I know. Nonetheless, the scene was well-acted as I mentioned before. Given the pace of the series, I don't know how it lasts beyond three seasons at best. With that said though, I am enjoying this series thus far.

Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
I've played both of the games. As long as they don't adapt anything from Part 2 the show will be great. Part 2 was shit
Athias
Athias
-->
@Vader
I've played both of the games. As long as they don't adapt anything from Part 2 the show will be great. Part 2 was shit
They most likely will. I wasn't much impressed with part two either, but I think where it fails is not in the concept, but its execution. Without spoiling too much, I understand what they were trying to do with Joel, Ellie, and eventually Abby. They just went about it terribly. Also, I do not particularly like Dina, who I suspect, is the girl Ellie yells at when they're eating in Jackson in Episode Six. I understand the backlash the second part of the game received especially when considering that the emotional investment cultivated in first part was in Joel and Ellie. I can easily understand how many would feel "shafted" by the beginning and  ending of part two.
Athias
Athias
-->
@RationalMadman
The real taboo in last of us is that an older man and younger female become like stepdad and daughter and endup intimate in the game to my knowledge. By intimate I do mean full on physical, to my knowledge though they don't undress them fully in the game or there'd have been more talk about it when the game was still hot.
I meant to respond to this earlier. What are you talking about? What leads you to believe that Joel and Ellie become "physically" intimate?
There's definitely sexual/romantic innuendo namely in his not wanting to explain Bill's magazine to Ellie, not to mention the discussion over "pulling the trigger like you love it," as well as the ballad by Pearl Jam he sings to her (this is the second time I referenced Pearl Jam in an exchange with you,) which is foreshadowed in episode six. But as far as I remember their relationship remained strictly platonic and familial.