Great plan to abolish "meat industry and factory farm" and save the animals

Author: Best.Korea

Total: 61
Best.Korea
Debates: 265
Best.Korea
The evils of factory farm

In the factory farm, animals are crowded together. They live in horrible conditions with no freedom or entertainment. When the right time comes, they get slaughtered, then turned into food and finally are eaten by humans.

In the factory farm, animals are usually beaten and treated very poorly. They dont know what is sunlight, or grassland, or mountain, or flower. They dont know the joys of running in the field or drinking spring water.

In the factory farm, animals are separated from their babies and their babies are killed.
Baby animals are often slaughtered for profit.
The example of this is when cow gives birth to a baby, the baby is slaughtered and turned into meat. Cow's milk that was supposed to feed the baby now feeds the human.

In the factory farm, animals are often forcefully made pregnant by humans. They have no control over their sex life and have no what we refer to as life.

Plan to free the animals and give them back their land

We multiplied animals and forced them to crowd in a cage or a very small room. We stole their land. We stole animals from the land that fed them.

We saw the land and thought "this land doesnt belong to anyone, let us take it". What we didnt see are the animals who lived there and loved their land.

"Power decides everything" has become more clear than ever. Animals dont have power to defend their land, so it is not their land. But it is their land. It is where they lived for thousands of years, only to be captured and enslaved by humans.

The plan to give the animals their land back is a plan that is as complicated as it is simple. If you are ready to do it, it is simple. If not, then it is complicated.

To release billions of animals into the wild is a great task never achieved before. We must make sure the land  is suitable for them. That there is food. That there is no cars to hit them.

Sadly, some animals wont be released due to lack of land. Those animals should be used for "eggs and milk industry" and never for "meat industry and factory farming".

It will be hard work. I am sure we will never succeed completely. Only partially.

Changing to vegetarian diet

This is what humans are supposed to do. Vegetarian diet may not be as tasty as meat, but it is suitable for us. It is entirely possible to live on it.

Besides, the joy of eating meat is a joy that disappears in 5 minutes after it appears. "Extra joy" is hardly a justification for our actions that are everything except joy for billions of animals we imprisoned and tortured.

We even force our children to eat meat, lying to them that they wont grow unless they eat it. In a sense, what we saw as great could be the worst thing we have ever done.
However, we can still reduce the harm of our future actions.
YouFound_Lxam
Debates: 32
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Best.Korea
The evils of factory farm
I don't agree with animal abuse, but I do believe that animal are not subject to any rights, because  they wouldn't even understand them, if they had them. If animals had rights, and someone took those rights away from them, they wouldn't know, wouldn't care, and couldn't say anything either way. 
It's the equivalent to reading rights to an animal. It's pointless. 

They have no control over their sex life and have no what we refer to as life.
They were created for human consumption, so yes they have no life. Why should they get a life? What are they going to do with it? Eat grass, and sleep?

Plan to free the animals and give them back their land
Free animals: Starvation increase

Also animals don't own anything. Again they don't have any rights, and can't claim land, unless they have some way of defending it. They have no lease to the land and no documents claiming they have that land. 

"Power decides everything" has become more clear than ever. Animals dont have power to defend their land, so it is not their land. But it is their land. It is where they lived for thousands of years, only to be captured and enslaved by humans.
What about Lions, Tigers, and Bears OH MY!!
They can defend claims of land. 

To release billions of animals into the wild is a great task never achieved before. We must make sure the land  is suitable for them. That there is food. That there is no cars to hit them.
Wait....so we have to free animals, give them rights, provide care for them, and protect them. 
So animals are to be treated as Kings, and people on the street, and kids in Africa aren't?

Changing to vegetarian diet

This is what humans are supposed to do. Vegetarian diet may not be as tasty as meat, but it is suitable for us. It is entirely possible to live on it.
Animals and humans evolved to eat meat. We weren't made for being vegetarian. Why do cows exist. They serve no purpose to any ecosystem, they actually increase carbon emissions with there farts, and they eat and sleep all day. They are big piles of meat, just going to waste. 

Besides, the joy of eating meat is a joy that disappears in 5 minutes after it appears. "Extra joy" is hardly a justification for our actions that are everything except joy for billions of animals we imprisoned and tortured.
You take my steak, I take your life, and make steak out of you. 

We even force our children to eat meat, lying to them that they wont grow unless they eat it. In a sense, what we saw as great could be the worst thing we have ever done.
However, we can still reduce the harm of our future actions.
So kids, don't want to eat meat? Tell that to Mcdonalds. 
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
Hey I'm all for putting cows out into open fields because then during hunting season you wouldn't have to just get deer you could actually get beef which would be freaking awesome.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
Artificial meat can be grown out of stem cells, and those stem cells can grow into other stem cells, etc...

So yes, as long as we have enough space for growing meat, this source of protein would be virtually limitless.

Now... What do we do with all the cows and the farts they produce?
RationalMadman
Debates: 563
RationalMadman
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
I don't agree with animal abuse, but I do believe that animal are not subject to any rights, because  they wouldn't even understand them, if they had them. If animals had rights, and someone took those rights away from them, they wouldn't know, wouldn't care, and couldn't say anything either way. 
It's the equivalent to reading rights to an animal. It's pointless. 
Would you say this about mentally disabled humans and very young children?
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@RationalMadman
Would you say this about mentally disabled humans and very young children?
No, because they are humans...
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@RationalMadman
@YouFound_Lxam
I’ve noticed this is the type of ethics you often get from abrahamic orthodoxy. Very incoherent. 
The point of rights is to prevent society/people from abusing those with less power.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Reece101
Wait, is this a for real thing!!!

Y'all really want to give animals rights? They don't even have a human conscience.

What has this world come to. 
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
There’s already a thing called animal rights. But you think it shouldn’t exist at all? 
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Reece101
There’s already a thing called animal rights. But you think it shouldn’t exist at all? 
NO!! You do?

Why are we giving animals rights? That is just plain stupid. 
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Let me get this straight. You said you don’t agree with animal abuse, but you’re against preventing it?

Can you explain? It isn’t like an embryo is more conscious than a cat.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
I don't agree with animal abuse, but I do believe that animal are not subject to any rights, because  they wouldn't even understand them.
The point of rights is to benefit animals, at least some of them. The claim "animals wont understand it" does not negate this.

They were created for human consumption, so yes they have no life. Why should they get a life? What are they going to do with it? Eat grass, and sleep?
I dont know why do you think that animals were created for human consumption. It is not true that "humans need to eat animals in order to survive", and it is not true that "eating animals" has any more benefit than "eating insects" or "drinking milk" or "eating eggs".

Now, you ask: "what are they going to do with life?". However, what are you saying with this question?
You are saying that "to live in a very crowded room, to be tortured and have your babies separated from yoy and killed in great majority of cases" is equal to "living on a grassland with lots of space, where you are not tortured so much as you are tortured in factory farm, and where your babies live with you much longer, and where your babies are not killed so much as they are in factory farm".

Obviously, if we consider torture to be bad and if we seek to decrease it, those two are not equal.
So the answer to your question is that animals will enjoy life more and suffer less when they are on grassland than in factory farm.

Free animals: Starvation increase
I wouldnt say that this is true for humans or animals.
In fact, vegetable farming, foraging and insect farming are much more effective than animal farming.
People are not living only on meat.

Finally, if people cannot immediatelly abolish meat in their diet, they can hunt animals or use some of the existing farm animals for survival until we establish "eggs and milk farming in the open" and "vegetable and insect farms" as a replacement for "meat industry in factory farm".

Also animals don't own anything. Again they don't have any rights, and can't claim land, unless they have some way of defending it. They have no lease to the land and no documents claiming they have that land.
"They have no documents" is a correct statement. "They have no rights" is incorrect. Animals have rights. Since they can feel pain, it is their right to be alive and protected from pain. If not completely, then partially.

"Wild animals attacking animals" is not a big problem. Humans already killed most of those. Besides, animals being hunted by animals is different from animals being farmed in a crowded room by humans and then killed. We can see that with factory farming, suffering and killing happens at much greater level. It is not just the killed animals that suffer. In factory farming, suffering is omnipresent for all animals.

Wait....so we have to free animals, give them rights, provide care for them, and protect them.
So animals are to be treated as Kings, and people on the street, and kids in Africa aren't?
"Kids in Africa being treated better" is not the result of "You eating meat".
In fact, we can safely say that you eating meat has no positive effect on children in africa.

Further, "giving rights to animals" does not lead to "rights being taken away from kids in africa". This is especially true since "you eating meat" does not "help children in africa".

However, giving rights to animals could cause a high increase in food production. It could also cause a decrease in violence among humans.
This is a bit off topic, but vegetarians are much less violent than meat eaters. It is common sense that if you consume suffering, and slaughter animals and justify their killing, you are more likely to justify the killing of humans.

Animals and humans evolved to eat meat. We weren't made for being vegetarian. Why do cows exist. They serve no purpose to any ecosystem, they actually increase carbon emissions with there farts, and they eat and sleep all day. They are big piles of meat, just going to waste.
Humans did evolve to be able to eat meat. However, it is more beneficial not to at this point.
Further, we dont know why cows exist.

"They serve no purpose to any ecosystem" does not lead us to conclusion that "we should torture and kill them".

Further, we were the ones to multiply cows in such great number. In nature, there would be less of them as wild animals would eat them.

Further, cows are "going to waste" when you eat them.

Further, cows dont serve any positive purpose when you eat them and mass multiply them.

Further, "they eat and sleep all day" is hardly a justification for your actions.

You take my steak, I take your life, and make steak out of you.
I have no interest in forcing anyone.

So kids, don't want to eat meat? Tell that to Mcdonalds.
Its difficult for children who dont like meat, since they are usually forced to eat it as soon as they reach a certain age where they can eat it.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Best.Korea
Humans did evolve to be able to eat meat. However, it is more beneficial not to at this point.
How so?

"They serve no purpose to any ecosystem" does not lead us to conclusion that "we should torture and kill them".

Your using the words like torture, and kill as if they are actual human beings.
They are animals......explain the difference. 

I have no interest in forcing anyone.
That's good at least.

Its difficult for children who dont like meat, since they are usually forced to eat it as soon as they reach a certain age where they can eat it.
Give me one statistic, that says children are usually forced to eat meat.

"Kids in Africa being treated better" is not the result of "You eating meat".
In fact, we can safely say that you eating meat has no positive effect on children in africa.
But it does have a positive effect on the kids in Africa. 

Further, "giving rights to animals" does not lead to "rights being taken away from kids in africa". This is especially true since "you eating meat" does not "help children in africa".
We don't kill animals = No more meat

No more meat = More starvation. 

You really think African, and other nations poverty areas, will pay a lot of money just for animals rights? No, they have their own farms and things that they use to survive. 

However, giving rights to animals could cause a high increase in food production. It could also cause a decrease in violence among humans.
This is a bit off topic, but vegetarians are much less violent than meat eaters. It is common sense that if you consume suffering, and slaughter animals and justify their killing, you are more likely to justify the killing of humans.
Oh Korea, I thought you stopped trolling lol......wait for real?

Give me one single statistic of that. 

"Wild animals attacking animals" is not a big problem. Humans already killed most of those. Besides, animals being hunted by animals is different from animals being farmed in a crowded room by humans and then killed. We can see that with factory farming, suffering and killing happens at much greater level. It is not just the killed animals that suffer. In factory farming, suffering is omnipresent for all animals.
So carnivores don't matter, but the herbivores do? 

Have you ever heard of the animal kingdom, and if certain animals don't eat others, a whole ecosystem could collapse.

Your plan is to kill all the meat eaters, and let the herbivores run free. 
Then you have overpopulation of that species. No predators to hunt them. 

"They have no documents" is a correct statement. "They have no rights" is incorrect. Animals have rights. Since they can feel pain, it is their right to be alive and protected from pain. If not completely, then partially.
Cows have no say on what happens to them. They don't even understand certain things.
Did you know the memory of a cow, is 48 hours long?

I wouldnt say that this is true for humans or animals.
In fact, vegetable farming, foraging and insect farming are much more effective than animal farming.
People are not living only on meat.
True. But you can't live on just plants either.

I dont know why do you think that animals were created for human consumption. It is not true that "humans need to eat animals in order to survive", and it is not true that "eating animals" has any more benefit than "eating insects" or "drinking milk" or "eating eggs".
Might have the same amount of protein, but less amount of it. The whole point of farming animals, is to have a more food, for more people.

Now, you ask: "what are they going to do with life?". However, what are you saying with this question?
You are saying that "to live in a very crowded room, to be tortured and have your babies separated from yoy and killed in great majority of cases" is equal to "living on a grassland with lots of space, where you are not tortured so much as you are tortured in factory farm, and where your babies live with you much longer, and where your babies are not killed so much as they are in factory farm".
Animals are not the same as humans. They don't have the same emotional, or psychological mental capacity as humans, so you can't make the assumption, that they are depressed because of something that happens to them, like there children being taken. 

Obviously, if we consider torture to be bad and if we seek to decrease it, those two are not equal.
So the answer to your question is that animals will enjoy life more and suffer less when they are on grassland than in factory farm.
Human suffering, and suffering without a valid reason is wrong. Everything else is fine. 

The point of rights is to benefit animals, at least some of them. The claim "animals wont understand it" does not negate this.
Lets just let them own land, and run shops now too lol. 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Your plan is to kill all the meat eaters, and let the herbivores run free.
I didnt say anywhere that meat eaters should be killed.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
Your using the words like torture, and kill as if they are actual human beings.
They are animals......explain the difference. 

Cows have no say on what happens to them. They don't even understand certain things.

Did you know the memory of a cow, is 48 hours long?
Animals are not the same as humans. They don't have the same emotional, or psychological mental capacity as humans, so you can't make the assumption, that they are depressed because of something that happens to them, like there children being taken.
These claims dont prove the claim "Animals feel pain" to be wrong.
Further, anyone who observed a cat losing her kitten could tell you that cat in that situation acts similar to a depressed human.
It is interesting how you were quick to assume that animals dont feel depression. 
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Best.Korea
I didn't say anywhere that meat eaters should be killed.
""Wild animals attacking animals" is not a big problem. Humans already killed most of those."

Yep you did. 

These claims dont prove the claim "Animals feel pain" to be wrong.
Further, anyone who observed a cat losing her kitten could tell you that cat in that situation acts similar to a depressed human.
It is interesting how you were quick to assume that animals dont feel depression. 
Animals of course feel pain, but not at the psychological level of a human. So what you feel as depressing is not the same as what an animal feels as depressing.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
""Wild animals attacking animals" is not a big problem. Humans already killed most of those."
Yep you did.
There is nothing about the claim "humans have killed most of meat eater animals" that says "meat eater animals should be killed".

The first one was a response to your "tigers will defend their territory" to point out that there are almost no tigers to do that.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Animals of course feel pain, but not at the psychological level of a human. So what you feel as depressing is not the same as what an animal feels as depressing.
This is a very strange claim. You admit that animals feel depression, just not in the same way as you. However, "not human" does not equal to "no depression". Humans always try to make themselves special, and make their pain more special than the pain of others. The reality is, "the pain of animals" matters irrelevant of if it is the "same pain as yours" or "half as yours".
So one could say that your claim of "difference in pain" is irrelevant even if correct.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Best.Korea
There is nothing about the claim "humans have killed most of meat eater animals" that says "meat eater animals should be killed".
It was in the response of:
"Wild animals attacking animals" is not a big problem. Humans already killed most of those.
To justify the fact that animals can't claim land. So your saying they can claim land, but it doesn't matter because there dying, and that problem will be solved. 

This is a very strange claim. You admit that animals feel depression, just not in the same way as you. However, "not human" does not equal to "no depression". Humans always try to make themselves special, and make their pain more special than the pain of others. The reality is, "the pain of animals" matters irrelevant of if it is the "same pain as yours" or "half as yours".
So one could say that your claim of "difference in pain" is irrelevant even if correct.
That's where we differ. Humans don't try to make themselves special. We already are special. There is biological, and psychological proof of this.
Why don't you just start an animal lives matter rally, and go have lunch with the vegan teacher at Mcdonalds. 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
To justify the fact that animals can't claim land.
Wild animals that are meat eaters cant claim land due to their low number. 

So your saying they can claim land
No. I literally claimed the opposite. What I claimed was "wild animals that are meat eaters wont be a problem due to their low number." 

, but it doesn't matter because there dying, and that problem will be solved.
Is a false claim. I never said "problem will be solved" anywhere in that sentence.

Are you unaware of the fact that humans have already killed great majority of meat eating animals and already reduced their numbers greatly?
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Best.Korea
Wild animals that are meat eaters cant claim land due to their low number. 
Yes they can. Bears live in a cave. They claimed that land, because they have the power to do that. It can be taken away, but they still claimed it.

No. I literally claimed the opposite. What I claimed was "wild animals that are meat eaters wont be a problem due to their low number."
Exactly. So you care about giving the freedom to Herbivores, but not Carnivores, who have an instinct to kill and eat meat.

Are you unaware of the fact that humans have already killed great majority of meat eating animals and already reduced their numbers greatly?
Yes, that is the problem we should be focusing on. The animals who serve no purpose to kill, we should stop killing, and endangered animals.
Not animals that we use as our source of food, and are not threatened with extinction. 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Yes they can. Bears live in a cave. They claimed that land, because they have the power to do that. It can be taken away, but they still claimed it.
Thats one small part of Earth they claimed.

However, the argument was about bears not allowing liberated animals to claim land.

Exactly. So you care about giving the freedom to Herbivores, but not Carnivores, who have an instinct to kill and eat meat.
Nothing in my sentence suggested that I dont care about carnivores.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
That's where we differ. Humans don't try to make themselves special. We already are special. There is biological, and psychological proof of this.
So if I understood you correctly, you say: "Pain of a cow doesnt matter".

Why don't you just start an animal lives matter rally, and go have lunch with the vegan teacher at Mcdonalds
I dont go to Mcdonalds.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Best.Korea
So if I understood you correctly, you say: "Pain of a cow doesnt matter".
If we are getting something useful out of it, then yes.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
If we are getting something useful out of it, then yes.
"Useful" is highly questionable.
We already know that we can live without meat.
Further, cows produce much less food per acre than plants.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Best.Korea
"Useful" is highly questionable.
We already know that we can live without meat.
Further, cows produce much less food per acre than plants.
We can't live by plants alone though. 

When it comes to certain nutrients, animals like cows produce the most amount. 

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
You can live on "plants and eggs" or "plants and milk" or "plants and insects" or "plants and cheese".

Personally, I chose to live on "plants, milk, cheese, and eggs".

That being said, I dont have anything against eating insects. They are the best in terms of nutrition. But its looked down upon and I cant buy them anywhere, and going around with a net catching them would label me as crazy.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Best.Korea
You can live on "plants and eggs" or "plants and milk" or "plants and insects" or "plants and cheese".

Personally, I chose to live on "plants, milk, cheese, and eggs".

That being said, I dont have anything against eating insects. They are the best in terms of nutrition. But its looked down upon and I cant buy them anywhere, and going around with a net catching them would label me as crazy.
But in order to mass produce eggs, we would have to imprison chickens, and they have rights too, don't they?

And also, for milk, and cheese, we would have to have a lot of cows.........in factory's..........producing milk. But we aren't going to eat them, so they will spend all their lives producing milk, and then we would have a surplus in cows, and dead cow body's. That is free protein going to waste. 

So that just leaves plants, and insects. But don't insects have feelings too? What says that they can't have feelings and emotions?
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
The world isn’t black and white even if you find it’s easier to think that way.

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
But in order to mass produce eggs, we would have to imprison chickens, and they have rights too, don't they?
Actually, chickens dont need to be imprisoned in a factory. There is this thing called pasture. Just let them walk around on a grassland eating insects and wild edibles. No need to imprison them.

And also, for milk, and cheese, we would have to have a lot of cows.........in factory's..........producing milk.
Cows dont need to be imprisoned in a factory to produce milk. Pasture is better. It is like setting them free, but still getting milk from them.

But we aren't going to eat them, so they will spend all their lives producing milk, and then we would have a surplus in cows, and dead cow body's. That is free protein going to waste.
Actually, we wont have a shortage of protein. Vegetables, nuts, grains, insects, milk, eggs - they all have protein.
If a cow dies, it is not a waste. It can be converted into fertilizer or fed to wild animals.

Surplus in cows can be controlled by separating males from females on pasture farms from time to time, and in nature it is controlled by predators.

But don't insects have feelings too? What says that they can't have feelings and emotions?
I think that its due to the difference in brain size. Insects have much much smaller brain. If I had to choose between cows and insects, I would go for insects. 

The claim "give the animals their land back" does mean we will have to give up some of the land.
But with more land being used for plants that produce 10-40 tons of food per acre, it feels like we will end up in surplus after all.

That being said, we need to divide the land between ourselves and animals. Currently, plenty of land is used on animals to produce meat from them. If that land is transformed into pasture for milk and eggs, and some of it for plant production, and some of it being free and given to animals, that would be great.