Did Anyone Catch the First Episode of "That 90's Show"?

Author: Athias

Total: 21
Athias
Debates: 20
Athias
I watched the first episode of NETFLIX's sequel to "That 70's Show" with the intention of just watching the first episode since Topher Grace, Laura Prepon,  Ashton Kutcher, and Mila Kunis were slated to make cameo appearances in just the first episode. I loved the first episode not as a kick-start to "That 90's Show" but as a bit of closure and homage to the events of "That 70's Show." Eric naming his daughter "Leia [Tatooine] Forman" was absolutely hilarious. I also loved that Eric maintained his quick and dry wit, as well as his nerdy demeanor. I loved the running joke of having Donna carry all the luggage, and Eric's obliviousness to his lack of manliness. One of the best parts was in Eric's "foot-in-ass" threat to his daughter while his father Red stands witness, exclaiming "I have never been prouder." I also liked Kelso's and Jackie's cameos, especially that they've been married and divorced several times--alluding to their on-and-off relationship during "That 70's Show." Overall, a really well done episode. But I don't have any intention to watch the rest of the season.

Thoughts?
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Athias
No thoughts currently.

223 days later

FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@Athias

In February 2023, the series was renewed for a second season.
Athias
Athias
-->
@zedvictor4
@FLRW
Thank you both for the contribution to this obviously one-sided discussion.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Athias
We just wanted to make you feel wanted.

Though I suppose one could draw certain conclusions about the DebateArt community, from the apparent unpopularity of said entertainment vehicle.

Not that I wish to do so.

I suppose that my formative conditioning was why I grew up with only a limited interest in televisual and cinematic entertainment mediums.

Over a year I probably average less than one hour per day watching TV.

And I can't remember the last time I visited a cinema... It's certainly more than ten years ago.

Latterly, my laptop and primarily DebatArt have become my main entertainment and reference mediums of choice.

Though I make a conscious effort to not become dependant upon them.

Younger people and their reliance on hand held devices is an all too apparent sign of the times.

What form  do you think the next phase of the human/techno symbiosis will take?

Or should I say, the next phase of the technological takeover.

FLRW
FLRW
-->
@zedvictor4

Though I make a conscious effort to not become dependent upon them.
Tru dat.
Athias
Athias
-->
@zedvictor4
We just wanted to make you feel wanted.
Trust me, I feel like the Belle at the Ball right now.

Though I suppose one could draw certain conclusions about the DebateArt community, from the apparent unpopularity of said entertainment vehicle.

Not that I wish to do so.

I suppose that my formative conditioning was why I grew up with only a limited interest in televisual and cinematic entertainment mediums.

Over a year I probably average less than one hour per day watching TV.

And I can't remember the last time I visited a cinema... It's certainly more than ten years ago.

Latterly, my laptop and primarily DebatArt have become my main entertainment and reference mediums of choice.

Though I make a conscious effort to not become dependant upon them.

Younger people and their reliance on hand held devices is an all too apparent sign of the times.

What form  do you think the next phase of the human/techno symbiosis will take?

Or should I say, the next phase of the technological takeover.
In other words, you don't watch much television? When growing up, my television watching habits were heavily regulated by my parents up until the time I left home. But I did catch a few notable television programs here and there. I guess one could state I watch a fair amount of films, though my disinterest grows every year, particular in the advent of this recent iteration of tasteless, God-forsaken Marvel movies. Typically my nose is in a book; however with the emergence of streaming services, I'm able to watch certain programs with a convenience which breaks the convention of that with which I grew up. Even so, I still wouldn't state I watch much television. I watch more than an hour a day, but I don't think I watch more than three, which funnily enough is the amount of time my parents allowed when I lived with them.

And just to be clear, my statement earlier wasn't a shot at you and FLRW. I was just poking fun at the fact that it was apparent that I was the only one (at least on this forum) interested in discussing the aforementioned first episode. The fact that you and FLRW posted despite--I presume--not having watched the original series or the reboot conveys that this subject probably didn't deserve a thread.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Athias
Hey, things have developed.

So the thread was worthy.

And funnily enough, as young children my sister and I were only allowed to watch children's T.V. between 5 and 6pm.

Suggests that you and I were conditioned.

Which is probably  also why I am atheist. 

And goes to prove that what we think today is likely to be based upon what we were taught as young children.

7 days later

Athias
Athias
-->
@zedvictor4
And funnily enough, as young children my sister and I were only allowed to watch children's T.V. between 5 and 6pm.

Suggests that you and I were conditioned.

Which is probably  also why I am atheist. 

And goes to prove that what we think today is likely to be based upon what we were taught as young children.
As an autonomous individual, feel free to shake things up.
FLRW
FLRW

Netflix Plans to Raise Prices After Actors Strike Ends!
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Athias
Autonomous individual.

Now there's a moot point.
Athias
Athias
-->
@zedvictor4
Now there's a moot point.
Is it? Is there anything really stopping you from watching more than an hour of television a day?
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Athias
That's a good question.

What stops you doing stuff that you don't regularly do.

And what makes you do stuff that you regularly do.

It seemingly takes no mental effort to be habitual,

But a deliberate amount of effort to change one's routine.

One would assume that it's all down to how our operating system becomes established.
Athias
Athias
-->
@zedvictor4
What stops you doing stuff that you don't regularly do.
Not much. Maybe talent, skills, opportunity, resources, among other things.

And what makes you do stuff that you regularly do.
Routine and complacency.

It seemingly takes no mental effort to be habitual,
Because sufficient mental effort has already been invested in producing your habits.

But a deliberate amount of effort to change one's routine.
No more, I presume, than that which was initially invested.

One would assume that it's all down to how our operating system becomes established.
Typically, regardless of the operating system one boots, one can still choose.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Athias
One can still choose.
Back to where we started this brief discussion.
Athias
Athias
-->
@zedvictor4
Back to where we started this brief discussion.
Are we? I would not presume to dictate to you that which you WOULD do. But I can offer prescription as to that which you CAN do.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Athias
OK.

So I'm uncertain as to how you're using "prescription" in that statement.

And I would suggest that either presuming or not presuming to dictate that which I WOULD do, is like tying the stick and carrot to the donkeys tail.

Or, leaving the stick and carrot in the stable.

Though I suppose that relative to this brief discussion, I CAN as you can, as we will do relative to a cause.

Which won't necessarily result in a prescribed outcome.

As a cause might stimulate an alternative effect, which relative to this discourse would not necessarily be disingenuous.

Or perhaps I should say, SHOULD not necessarily be regarded as necessarily disingenuous.

Words are fun, are they not?
Athias
Athias
-->
@zedvictor4
OK.

So I'm uncertain as to how you're using "prescription" in that statement.
Prescrption
Noun
- a recommendation that is authoritatively put forward.

And I would suggest that either presuming or not presuming to dictate that which I WOULD do, is like tying the stick and carrot to the donkeys tail.

Or, leaving the stick and carrot in the stable.
In other words, I'm incapable of providing you incentive to break your routine. I don't disagree. But that doesn't mean you can't break your routine, if you so choose.

Though I suppose that relative to this brief discussion, I CAN as you can, as we will do relative to a cause.

Which won't necessarily result in a prescribed outcome.

As a cause might stimulate an alternative effect, which relative to this discourse would not necessarily be disingenuous.

Or perhaps I should say, SHOULD not necessarily be regarded as necessarily disingenuous.
A cause, which you would argue, doesn't "exist" correct?

Words are fun, are they not?
They sure are.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Athias
Well, I assume that Universal progress goes from A to Z...(Then back to A perhaps)

And  events therefore all follow a previous event.

Or just one big event.

Or both.

Just as a life goes from A to Z.

Athias
Athias
-->
@zedvictor4
Well, I assume that Universal progress goes from A to Z...(Then back to A perhaps)

And  events therefore all follow a previous event.

Or just one big event.

Or both.

Just as a life goes from A to Z.
The power of your perception.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Athias
Well, it has to be said that a variable assumption based on ignorance is hardly perceptive.

At the end of the day all that anyone can currently offer is an assumption based upon ignorance.

Though one might be tempted to suggest, that thwarted by religious and national separatism, human social progress is sort of ABCBDCEDFE etc.

But no, on second thoughts I'm being a tad optimistic there.

So the universe will out and the Earth will long since have been baked to a frazzle.

Probably.