Challenge for LGBTQ+ community

Author: YouFound_Lxam

Total: 68
YouFound_Lxam
Debates: 32
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@ludofl3x
So your perfect politician would what, outlaw people choosing their pronouns? Or outlaw people thinking you're an asshole? Or would solve problems that don't exist? I'm confused.
Let me help you understand.

In my perfect world, my perfect politician would outlaw gender reassignment surgery, and the use of chemical castration before the age of 18.
They would also stop any attempt to make pronouns a legal matter. 

You aren't pro-choice. 
I believe in my body my choice, but I also believe and know with evidence that the zygote, fetus, or unborn child is biologically not part of the woman's body. 
"It is simply untrue that the unborn child is merely “part of the mother’s body.” In addition to being genetically distinct from the time of conception, the unborn possesses separate circulatory, nervous, and endocrine systems."

Let's look at it another way: how does society cease to function if we remove any and all gender references on all documentation, legal or otherwise? Can a doctor decide that you have a vagina if you go into an OBGYN, or do they say "I can't help you, I have no idea if you have a vagina without you ticking this box."
Ok. Good question. 
How does taking all gender and sex references out of legal documents affect society in a bad way?
Well for one:
1. DNA at crime scenes will be useless in catching criminals, so homicide and crimes will spike.
2. Womens sports will be dominated by biological men who identity as women, and women will have sports taken away from them. This would be considered Trans-supremacy.... oh, wait never mind, they didn't have a gender to begin with. 
3. The whole medical field would be screwed, causing more deaths, and more people with sex/gender related diseases. 

So basically, you would have an increase in crime, more hospitalizations, and more people dying because of it.
Now I don't know about you, but a constant increase in death is not necessarily a good thing to have. 
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Melcharaz
i agree we should reach out to them, love them and care about them. but not debate them.
scripture tells in romans 1 that they are in rebellion against God.
Well, we are on a debate website.

Scripture also tells us that we need to reach out to the lost and help them find their way back to God. Now this might not be immediately shoving Christianity unto them, but rather teaching why certain things are morally right and wrong with topics that they are confused on, or society has confused them about. Then linking those morally right values to Christianity in the end. 
Melcharaz
Debates: 6
Melcharaz
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
why do you only read 1/4th what i post and ignore the rest? do you want to misquote me to make yourself right? scripture is against debating people who blasheme God.
you have no defense against it and now that you know it, you sin everytime you disobey.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Melcharaz
why do you only read 1/4th what i post and ignore the rest? do you want to misquote me to make yourself right? scripture is against debating people who blasheme God.
you have no defense against it and now that you know it, you sin everytime you disobey.
So, all the apologists all of the Christain debaters are sinning?

Debating isn't just for your opponent, it's for your audience as well. To prove to your audience that the other side is wrong, and to educate them.

No where in the bible does it explicitly say that debating is sin. 

Melcharaz
Melcharaz
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
yes. if they are debating to prove Christ to those that blasheme God.
we have an example of when to debate and when not to.
knowing to do good (not debate blashemers about christ) and doing it not, is sin.
again, you are aware of it now, and must answer to christ if you sin.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Melcharaz
yes. if they are debating to prove Christ to those that blasheme God.
we have an example of when to debate and when not to.
knowing to do good (not debate blashemers about christ) and doing it not, is sin.
again, you are aware of it now, and must answer to christ if you sin.
Ok so all the apologists who debate atheists are sinning?
That is a load of bull crap. 

Questions:
1. What makes debating someone who blasphemy's God a sin?
2. Where explicitly in the bible does it say that debating against those who blaspheme is a sin?
Melcharaz
Melcharaz
yes.
combine the precept of james 4:17 with acts 18:6 acts 19:8-9 proverbs 29:9 matthew 7:6
a fool is the one who says there is no God psalms 14:1 
the fool slanders proverbs 10:18
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Ok yes, it is a logical trap, but is my point wrong?
Yes, because the entire point of a logical trap is to pit someone against their own position or against logic itself. That’s not happening here, because the targets of your questioning are using these terms in completely different ways than you are and if you took the time to understand that would see that there’s no contradiction here. But you don’t see it because you continue to pretend that your definitions are the only definitions people can use. That’s ridiculous.

In other words, either define woman without excluding any particular person, that could identify as a woman, or accept that your thinking is flawed.
Or, you could accept that there are different ways to think about things that are not always black and white. That’s why there’s a logical fallacy literally called the black and white fallacy.

If you can’t be bothered to understand alternative points of views, then you don’t get to be taken seriously when you criticize them.
If you're view is different, then why are you arguing against mine in the first place? Oh, right because debating is about conflating different views on certain points.
The fact of the matter is that gender/sex are the same thing.
I’m sitting here explaining to you that you don’t get to be taken seriously criticizing other peoples positions if you can’t be bothered to understand them first and all you did was reiterate that your position is the correct one.

So, in order to be a trans man, you have to have surgery done? What about people who identify as a man, but don't want the surgery?
That depends on the context we’re having this conversation within. I already explained this to you.

Us on the political right are trying to show you that the world is not always happy and nice, and it won't ever be, because there are bad people out there.
Yes, and you are doing a fine job of demonstrating this reality.

If you are someone who has gender dysphoria, there are other, more reasonable ways to fix that desire to become the opposite sex, like therapy. And it has worked before with many people. If you have gender dysphoria, if you really think that making everyone around you bend to your preferred pronouns, and getting life altering surgery, is going to make you feel like a human being, then I am sorry to say, but that's not going to help you, because then you're going to feel even worse because you will have a fake penis/vagina, unstable amounts of chemicals in your body, and have a constant remembrance of who you were born as.
It’s not up to you to decide what will make someone else happy, and it really is quite remarkable to watch someone who knows so little about a subject spend so much time and energy telling others about the solutions to their own problems.

It's ok to have differing opinions, but just because I have differing opinions as well, doesn't mean you get to call me an a**hole
I didn’t call you an asshole because you have a different opinion than mine. I called you an asshole because that is what your arguments amount to. I’m not just sitting here throwing insults, I’m explaining how your actions amount to the definition of the slur. You can either get defensive and take that personally or you can listen to what I’m telling you and reflect upon it.

Again, all people with gender dysphoria are asking you to do is respect them as human beings. Instead of just being ok with that you sit here day after day arguing with people to explain why you shouldn’t have to, and even worse you do it under the guise that you are really doing it for their own good. Not to mention, in the process you repeatedly demonstrate that you don’t have the slightest clue what this conversation is even about.

For the umpteenth time, we are not conflating biological sex with gender. You are. Your unwillingness to separate these things into two different concepts only makes you ignorant to the conversation you are engaging in. You don’t have to agree with the premise, but you don’t get to pretend that’s not the premise.

You continue to talk about facts while completely disregarding the fact that, as an example, the idea that “he” applies to biological males is a human construct. To argue that it cannot be changed is just as absurd as arguing that your name can’t be changed.

Imagine the name on your birth certificate read John, but for reasons personal to you that name now offends you and you have decided to go by Mike. You intend in getting your name legally changed but are not old enough yet or are waiting on the paperwork. Everyone now knows you as Mike, but some dude comes along and says he has no interest in going through the trouble of calling you Mike. He’s going to call you John instead because that’s how he thinks of you. He doesn’t care how it makes you feel and justifies his actions by claiming that you have to live in the real world, and it is just a fact that your name is John.

Please explain to me how this man is not an asshole.