Author: Greyparrot

Total: 19
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
RationalMadman
Debates: 562
RationalMadman
Sounds like a security guard's resume. What is the issue.
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
Do you even know what fascism means?

Please explain how this video in any way aligns with fascism.
cristo71
Debates: 1
cristo71
-->
@Greyparrot
I used to think that the government/corporate relationship was pretty much a one way street— corporations lobby government for certain policies, and government would largely grant these wishes. Not ideal but the reality. Perhaps that used to be the case, too. But during and since the pandemic, it appears that the relationship is much more 2 way— corporations such as Twitter are granting the wishes of government bureaucracies. What’s perhaps worse, since the election of “the occupant,” some influential corporations are working not just on behalf of their own business interests, but the interests of the DNC.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@cristo71
God forbid a CEO with values beyond corporate greed.
cristo71
cristo71
-->
@RationalMadman
Yes, we can now add minion for government bureaucracy, virtue signaling, and partisan activism.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@cristo71
And what if that is in the best interests of their longevity as a brand?

Alternatively, what if they stand for those signalled virtues genuinely?
cristo71
cristo71
-->
@RationalMadman
Yes, what if…

I operate in the world as it is, not the way I wish it were. If you have a corporation in mind which you believe walks the walk you wish all corporations would walk, then please, feel free to posit it for examination and even appreciation if deserved. Alas, I have a nagging feeling you don’t, otherwise you would have already made a separate topic about it.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@cristo71
What a nonsense reply on every level.

1. I do not need to make a topic to believe in something.
  2. I actually gave 2 opposing or at least not interlinked ideas, the first being what if it smart for the Twitter brand to match the values that their majority portion of customers generally vote for. The latter was what if they just believe in it. The first lets it be good for shareholders.

cristo71
cristo71
-->
@RationalMadman
I’m not really sure what you are looking for here. You have offered, solely to me, merely circular hypotheticals thus far. If you choose to defend the behavior of a company such as Twitter in the context of this thread topic, feel free— just as I stated what I don’t like about Twitter to the thread’s author.

FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@Greyparrot
The Stanford doctor, Mace is referring to, is a conman.
      John P. A. Ioannidis, the Stanford professor said that most published research findings are false.
This is why he was banned from Twitter which was the correct thing to do.

in it it says :
Ioannidis wrote an influential article that used hypothetical scenarios to make the prediction that most published results are false positives. Although this article is often cited as if it contained evidence to support this claim, the article contained no empirical evidence. Surprisingly, there also have been few attempts to test Ioannidis’s claim empirically. Probably the main reason is that nobody knew how to test it. Here I showed a way to test Ioannidis’s claim and I presented clear empirical evidence that contradicts this claim in Ioannidis’s own field of science, namely medicine.
The main feature that distinguishes science and fiction is not that science is always right. Rather, science is superior because proper use of the scientific method allows for science to correct itself, when better data become available. In 2005, Ioannidis had no data and no statistical method to prove his claim. Fifteen years later, we have good data and a scientific method to test his claim. It is time for science to correct itself and to stop making unfounded claims that science is more often wrong than right.
The danger of not trusting science has been on display this year, where millions of Americans ignored good scientific evidence, leading to the unnecessary death of many US Americans. So far, 330, 000 US Americans are estimated to have died of Covid-19. In a similar country like Canada, 14,000 Canadians have died so far. To adjust for population, we can compare the number of deaths per million, which is 1000 in the USA and 400 in Canada. The unscientific approach to the pandemic in the US may explain some of this discrepancy. Along with the development of vaccines, it is clear that science is not always wrong and can save lives. Iannaidis (2005) made unfounded claims that success stories are the exception rather than the norm. At least in medicine, intervention studies show real successes more often than false ones.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@cristo71
Mind you, none of the censorship instructions originating from the FBI toward Twitter could have possibly happened were it not for tort immunity for being a publisher of the kind of misinformation that kills people, for example: claiming vaccines stop the spread of Covid. Or that a mask other than a perfectly fitted N95 that you NEVER touch with your bare hands can prevent you from getting Covid....

If the lawyers had the green light, none of this would have been possible.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
 So far, 330, 000 US Americans are estimated to have died of Covid-19. 
These are rookie numbers. Millions of people, most worrying, people considered in the low risk category for Covid, children to middle aged people, have fallen prey to a host of unexpected and unexplained deaths since the mandatory vax rollout and corresponding lockdowns. While suicide and drug use and myocarditis isn't as scary as a virus, death is all the same in all cases.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Greyparrot

Actually, in the USA 103 million have contracted Covid and 1.12 million have died from Covid.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
still rookie numbers. 9 million people have died since the 1st covid outbreak from other causes.

Almost no young person died from Covid tho.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Greyparrot

Well, I'm the same age as Trump so I wear a N95 mask.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
I hope you wear surgical gloves when using it. Otherwise it's no better than a placebo.

It also becomes a placebo after a few hours of breathing raises the moisture to a level where the mask can collect viral loads.

But you probably knew all this because the FBI did not ask Twitter to censor University doctors at the behest of Pfizer...

oh wait...
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
"I am not a Doctor, but I am qualified to protect you."
This includes the entire military, police force, all kinds of securities, even bodyguards.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Intelligence_06
Yeah, I am pretty sure leaving viral policy to a war general isn't the best thing to do.