Why the whole situation in Israel doesn’t make any sense to me

Author: TheUnderdog

Total: 14
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
There are 2 e options to solve Israel vs Palestine.  They are:

1) One state solution (it doesn’t matter if this state is Israel or Palestine).  In BOTH of these nations, Jewish people make up about half of the population and Muslims the other half.  The Muslims won’t be able to successfully prosecute the Jews in Israel because they make up half the country (and vice versa with the Muslims).
2) A 2 state solution.  The bigger Israel gets, the more Muslims will be inside Israel and the bigger Palestine gets, the more Jews would be in Palestine.  Exceptions apply, but this is the general rule.

So if you advocate Israel owning all of Palestine, rather then view someone who wants Israel eliminated as the enemy or even someone that disagrees with you on the issue, relieze you want the same thing, a one state solution where half the population is Jewish and the other half is Muslim.  It doesn’t matter if you call this country Israel or Palestine, the end result is the same.

And it doesn’t make sense why Israel would even exist.  If America accepted 300 million migrants from Latin America (let’s say they they are all fleeing prosecution for something) and they return the favor by breaking away and being their own independent country, that wouldn’t seem fair, would it?  If you are a refugee and a country lets you move there, you should become as integrated with your host country as you can be to prevent separatist movements.  I have no problem with immigrants (even if they are undocumented).  But we have room for BUT one flag and that is the American flag.  We have room for but one language and that is the English language.  And if any migrant wants their place in America joining another country or separating from America, then they should get deported.  A hyphenated American is an oxymoron.  Either one is fully an American or one does not belong in America.  If they don’t belong in America, they should get deported.  Most of the undocumented are NOT in this category, but the ones who favor the land they live on joining a foreign state should get deported.

So if you’re a Jewish refugee and you head to Palestine to escape Nazi prosecution, fine, you’re welcome.  Just don’t create a separatist movement from Palestinian land once you arrive.  If you’re a Jewish refugee and you want to come to America; you’re absolutely welcome here under the condition that you don’t try and create a country out of American land.  You will not (and should not) face any legal prosecution for being Jewish.  But you’re an American now.  Not a member of some Jewish country made from American land (I treat the Jews living in the Middle East the same way).  Don’t create separatist movements out of the countries that saved you from prosecution from foreign states.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@TheUnderdog
That's labelling for you.

Same people, different label.

Same the World over.

People are essentially stupid,

Even though they are intelligent.

Strange,

But true.
RationalMadman
Debates: 569
RationalMadman
Two-state solutiob is the blatantly correct one but Hamas are insane.

Best.Korea
Debates: 276
Best.Korea
Israeli and Palestinians are both crazy. They are at the point where neither of them can win. 

So yes, the two state solution would be the only option. However, they dont agree to it. Hence, the problem.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@TheUnderdog
Palestinians are also refugees. The war over the territory was won before you were born, but the current situation is the result when nations do not honor peace deals. See Ukraine 2014 for recent examples about nations not honoring peace deals and the aftermath. Or look at this LIST.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Greyparrot
The US broke treaties with the natives, but it’s not like the natives can claim back the land; pure native Americans are a minority in every county I think (or virtually all of them).  I also want America to stay big because I’m an American.
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@TheUnderdog
A third solution would be to kill and kick out the people of the other side,
Likely the solution some of them want,

Not that I'm advocating for it.

. . .

Some would so they never left,

Though other's might argue other groups became majorities over time,
Christians during Crusades, Muslims during Ottoman expansion.

. . .

Though Odysseus was long away from home,
I don't imagine he saw his house or wife as belonging to those partying in there.

Not that I'm advocating for anything,

When someone's parent and parents parents have lived somewhere,
They look to it as much their own,
For the Palestinians I mean,

Though, whether they are 'all 'so set up and not immigrating to the location. . .
Rather than,
Kicked out by this or that Arab country,
For use as pawns.
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@Lemming

A third solution would be to kill and kick out the people of the other side,

Humans are only slightly smarter than bugs.
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@FLRW
How do you mean?
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Lemming

Researchers from the University of Adelaide in Australia argue in an upcoming book, The Dynamic Human, that humans really aren't much smarter than other creatures -- and that some animals may actually be brighter than we are.
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@FLRW
Well, I 'have heard people argue about what 'qualifies as IQ before.

Certainly there exist animals capable of actions and mental tricks that we are not.

But what do you mean by intelligence?
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Lemming

Well, A third solution that would be to kill and kick out the people of the other side shows low compassion.
Low compassion is an attribute of low intelligence.
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@FLRW
It 'can be a 'sign of low emotional intelligence,
Doesn't mean that it is certain.

Understanding, isn't the same as action.

. . .

Let's say there's a person who often interrupts, bullies, or insults others,

It's quite possible that they have a low understanding or perception of other people.
This might be seen if they are surprised that other's become angry at them, or dislike them.

This surprise would show their obliviousness,
As you say low intelligence.

Perhaps they blame other's, for the situation,
Rather than accept responsibility,
Again, such may show a lack of awareness of themself and environment.

Perhaps they have difficulties in cooperation,
Showing a lack of restraint and understanding of give and take advantages.

But I still argue that understanding is different from action.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@FLRW
The Dynamic Human, that humans really aren't much smarter than other creatures -- and that some animals may actually be brighter than we are.
What does that have to do with the topic at hand?  And if it’s true, society should be vegan.  A mandate to be vegan would be akin to the mandate not to eat humans, but scientists don’t really think things through.