New update violates 2 different MEEPs and undermines what they entail.

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 58
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
The newest update ignores sacred MEEPs and undermines democracy on DART.

A noob should only need 2 rated debates to vote and 0 unrated debates to debate rated.

5???? They need to complete 5 unrated debages to even begin to debate rated. Even I would just do low valye trash debates to meet that quota
 Welcome to the new DART, unpleasant and undemocratic.

I am happy I lost that election, I am probably quitting soon, we have no real engagement between noobs and experienced debaters possible anymore.
Sir.Lancelot
Debates: 182
Sir.Lancelot
There’s a backup site I’m working on hosted on a separate server. 
Already has features like the option to debate, but it’s underdeveloped, so it’s still a work in progress. Trying to set it up to look like Reddit/Quora. 
Skipper_Sr
Debates: 10
Skipper_Sr
-->
@Sir.Lancelot
What is this website called?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Sir lancelot is not a trustworthy site owner at a.
Skipper_Sr
Skipper_Sr
-->
@DebateArt.com
@PREZ-HILTON
A noob should only need 2 rated debates to vote and 0 unrated debates to debate rated.

5???? They need to complete 5 unrated debages to even begin to debate rated. Even I would just do low valye trash debates to meet that quota
 Welcome to the new DART, unpleasant and undemocratic.

If Wylted and/or Debateart.com read this, I as a Dartizen want to know the precise reasoning for rated debates becoming restricted for new users. 

Skipper_Sr
Skipper_Sr
How is the site going to compute with my seven rated debates that are already in action? 
PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@Skipper_Sr
If Wylted and/or Debateart.com read this, I as a Dartizen want to know the precise reasoning for rated debates becoming restricted for new users.

Me and Mike did that so ratings weren't tarnished by noob snipes which are more likely for someone with under 5 debates to fall victim of

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
So now they cannot debate at all and get rating or lose rating.

LMAO yeah sure.

They came to debate against hard opponents, all you have done is deprived them of it. Noobsniping benefitted everybody.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Still no history forum section.
Skipper_Sr
Skipper_Sr
-->
@PREZ-HILTON

I still want to know 
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@Skipper_Sr
Those will still compute. You are grandfathered in
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Skipper_Sr
He is guessing and happened to guess right. Wylted has nothing to do with this update. He is leeching credit off of Mike.
Skipper_Sr
Skipper_Sr
-->
@RationalMadman
@PREZ-HILTON
I am specifically trying to take credit for whatever changes are deemed good and the ones deemed bad Mike did with me objecting to them - Wylted
Yes, you are right, RM
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Skipper_Sr
Usually am
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
I am a populist by nature. With that said it is generally safe to assume any positive changes you see are a direct result of my actions, while any negative things are things that would have been considerably worse without my intervention. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
No, it is safe to assume anything you type is garbage wasting the memory space of this website.

That is a much safer assumption.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
Pot.....kettle
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Your apology would seem slightly more legitimate if you weren't antagonizing RM 5 minutes ago.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@AustinL0926
Correcting now
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
You are nothing like me. I have many high quality posts. You are the shitposter, it isn't a pot-kettle scenario, ty.

This update actively hurts dedicated members, lancelot and myself cannot even create debates rn as there is some cucking maximum or something.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
RM,

Thank you for your feedback regarding the new update. We understand your concerns and appreciate your input. However, we believe that the new update is necessary to ensure that all users are adequately prepared to participate in rated debates. We believe that the new requirements are necessary to ensure that all users are able to engage in meaningful debates. We understand that this may be an inconvenience, but we believe that it is necessary to ensure the quality of debates on DART.

AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
-->
@RationalMadman
"I understand your frustration with the new update to DART. It does seem to be a bit unfair to require 5 unrated debates before a noob can even begin to debate rated. I can understand why you would feel that this undermines democracy on DART.

I'm sorry to hear that you are considering quitting. I hope that you will reconsider and stay on DART. We need experienced debaters like you to help guide the noobs and ensure that DART remains a vibrant and engaging platform.

Please don't leave us"

Wylted's fauxpology, for the sake of reference.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@AustinL0926

I'm sorry if it seemed like I was antagonizing RM. I didn't mean to come across that way. I value our friendship and would never want to do anything to jeopardize it.i hope me and RM can move past this.
TWS1405_2
Debates: 4
TWS1405_2
-->
@RationalMadman
You’re not even an experienced debater here. 
Oh the irony of the psychological projection here. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@TWS1405_2
Firstly, idk what you think projection is but that would not be it.

Secondly, yes I am am experienced debater here.
DebateArt.com
Debates: 0
DebateArt.com
-->
@Skipper_Sr
The voting has been restricted for a while at this point, meaning that only people that have finished some debates can vote. That makes sense since when people start voting, they will know how everything works and what it's like to debate here.

The restriction about the rated debates is a new thing and the reasoning is that rated debates should be something more advanced, meaning fewer forfeits, more serious opponents and etc, and climbing the leaderboard will not be that easy anymore. Also I am thinking about introducing the concept of seasons, but that's a completely different story...
Castin
Castin
In the past I enjoyed being able to vote on debates without participating in any. Ah, well.
DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@Castin
In the past I enjoyed being able to vote on debates without participating in any. Ah, well.
I will try to find a way to "qualify" people to vote, even if they don't participate in the debates, maybe something like manual qualification for the special members, like yourself :)
TWS1405_2
Debates: 4
TWS1405_2
-->
@RationalMadman
It’s psychological projection, not projection. 

And no, you’re not. I’ve looked at some of the debates you were in. Some forfeited. Others you couldn’t put together a coherent sentence. It was nothing short of babbling. Also, no structure. No format. It was not debating. “Experienced debater”? More like delusions of grandeur. 
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@TWS1405_2
He didn't say good debater, he said experienced. Also "projection" is shorthand for psychological projection. Please sterilize yourself.