New update violates 2 different MEEPs and undermines what they entail.

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 58
TWS1405_2
Debates: 4
TWS1405_2
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Wrong. 

“Psychological projection” is the correct terminology with a very specific definition in the context in which it is given. 

The term projection by itself has a completely different meaning and lacks context. 

ex·pe·ri·enced
/ikˈspirēənst,ekˈspirēənst/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
having knowledge or skill in a particular field, especially a profession or job, gained over a period of time.

RM displayed zero knowledge or any skills in debating. So no, he’s not experienced. He lacks the skill and by extension the knowledge required to display any measure of skilled debating. 

Practice what you preach. 

RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@TWS1405_2
wanna step into the arena with me? you're gonna be crying to your reflection afterwards.

Offer me 3 topics and the sides you want on them. I'll pick one of them.
Sir.Lancelot
Debates: 182
Sir.Lancelot
Rational, would you like to vote on this?

oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@RationalMadman
The newest update ignores sacred MEEPs and undermines democracy on DART.
  • Let's face it, Whiteflame and Supadudz now sport a pretty substantial record of contempt for democracy or any democratic source for determining order and direction on DART
  • I would only add that by continuing to ignore our popular initiative from last summer requesting a HISTORY forum while blithely introducing other forum changes without the least gesture towards democratic consultation, Mods demonstrate further contempt for far more that was DART than just two MEEPs

Sir.Lancelot
Sir.Lancelot
I’m laughing because of Wylted telling Mike he doesn’t grant him permission to share dms. 

Priceless. 
Sir.Lancelot
Sir.Lancelot
Mike, you do not have permission to share my PMs with anyone so please do not respond to questions. Thank you
😂😂😂
ijb1
Debates: 5
ijb1
Yeah the new update locked me out of stuff
ijb1
Debates: 5
ijb1
Which I dont really like tbh
Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
-->
@Sir.Lancelot
Dude, let me know if you'd like help with coding. I need the practice!
Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
Oh got to say with the ratings issues, it's a safe bet that moderators can override it by request.

That said, I see potential value in having an unrated debate (one, not five) completed before initiating rated debates (noob sniping not boosting ELO... but I would guess noobs can join rated debates even if not initiate them, so I don't think it will work).

From a coding perspective, I applaud Mike's efforts. This is afterall a hobby for him, so him trying out more advanced coding like that, is nice to see (it reminds us this site is still in beta... I mean it will always be in beta, like a lot of early access games, but still).
Castin
Debates: 0
Castin
-->
@DebateArt.com
In the past I enjoyed being able to vote on debates without participating in any. Ah, well.
I will try to find a way to "qualify" people to vote, even if they don't participate in the debates, maybe something like manual qualification for the special members, like yourself :)
Ah, that would be awesome. Muchas gracias.
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@RationalMadman
wanna step into the arena with me? you're gonna be crying to your reflection afterwards.
Ha! So sure of yourself. 

Challenge accepted. 

I’ll reply in short order with 3 topics and the side I’ll take in each. Stay tuned. 
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@RationalMadman
TOPIC ONE:
Racism is not a driving factor in (in)equality in the United States; any perceived disparity has nothing to do with race and everything to do with culture.

TOPIC TWO:
Social-psychology and the Law play a central role in the Abortion debate that is oft ignored. So much so that those who advocate for the pro-life position believe abortion is legal murder and that [a] full-blown "human being" exists at conception worthy of all the rights, privileges and equal protections of the law (in other words, they confuse cellular life with personhood in favor of ignoring the 14th Amendment - AND - fetal viability). 

TOPIC THREE: 
The issues surrounding violent encounters with police where black (mostly, and specifically) and brown people are concerned have more to do with the culture of those minorities and very little to do with the culture of policing. The social-psychology of policing is nuanced and more reactionary than proactive. As a result, their actions are predicated on the "in the field" (boots on the ground) circumstances on a case-by-case basis (e.g. no two traffic stops are equally the same; each one is always unpredictable).

As I agree with each topic I listed/put forth, I will take the PRO side on each. 

• We will need to agree on the timeliness of responses (how many days to research and respond; takes time to read, formulate and write a cogent response).
  • We will need to agree that when citing sources, so that each of us understand the context of each citation, no less than two quotes from each citation must be used giving context/relevance to why the cited source was even used as it directly relates to the argument/point being proffered. 
  • We will need to agree on no actual fallacious uses of the ad hominem argument (valid observations of attitude, behavior and demeanor are excluded).
  • We will need to agree not to write lengthy paragraphs, but rather break down the points so its easily readable and coherent.
  • We will need to agree to respond point by point and not convolute the discussion. In other words, do not take A1 and retort on it after you retort to A6. An orderly debate/discussion is necessary for not only our benefit, but the readers/voters as well. 
  • We will need to agree on credible sources where the author(s) have demonstrated their veracity by a clear bibliography of research conducted to substantiate their respective pieces. Opinion Editorials have to be judged on the sources they cite. Absolutely NO genetic fallacies will be used or tolerated. 
  • We will need to agree to stay on the subject agreed to and no deviations off the subject matter (no red herring or non-sequitur arguments). 
  • We will need to agree to keep as much subjective emotions out of the agreed upon topic so as to keep the format as productive as possible. Only objectivity backed by verifiable facts followed by the citations given to back each claim up. 
If you have any terms to add, please do so. Otherwise, that's about all (the most important ones that come to mind) that I can think of off the bat. 

13 days later

Sir.Lancelot
Sir.Lancelot
RationalMadman, message me in dms. 

We need to talk. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Sir.Lancelot
No. If it were up to me you'd be punished for how you have spoken to me.

I will not even unblock you if I end up against you in the tournament. You are nothing but a bully who clearly lacked discipline to give him manners.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Sir.Lancelot
Say it in public. Whatever it is.
Sir.Lancelot
Sir.Lancelot
I have a backup site incase this one falls. We have a rating and voting system, as well as the ability to create debates. 

Mod positions are available if you want one. 

Limited Time Offer. 
DebateArt.com
Debates: 0
DebateArt.com
-->
@Sir.Lancelot
It ain't falling anywhere folks, I wouldn't be pushing new features every third day if I wanted to abandon the whole thing 🤷🏻‍♂️
Sir.Lancelot
Sir.Lancelot
-->
@DebateArt.com
The site may shut down from inactivity because there is a high volume of people quitting. (RationalMadman will eventually be one of them, unless I can talk him out of it.)

So me and WeaverofFate made a business deal and he invested $1K to the new site because he lacks faith in the current one. If DART shuts down from inactivity, people can always move to the new one. (It will have all the old features + more.)

As the new site is still underdeveloped, my current programmers are still working on it but I may reach out to Barney if he’s interested. 
Sir.Lancelot
Sir.Lancelot
So RMM, what are your thoughts?
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Sir.Lancelot
This has to be one of the most idiotic and ludicrous things I've ever seen someone do. In fact, I consider it shameless. There is no reason to invest 1k into a new site and your consistent advertising for this sight is just proving how scum you are by capitalizing onto certain fears that people may have (which have been proven fallacious). There is not a high volume amount of people and a site will not shut down due to quitting. I have seen constant apps + sites survive people leaving.
Melcharaz
Debates: 6
Melcharaz
its dumb to make rm a mod, he and his goddess both are immoral fools who care  only for themselves (if you ACTUALLY think he worships her. lol)

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
You do not know how many people I care for or about.

In the end if I care about everyone equally, it follows that I end up caring equally little about everyone too.

'god' designed reality to be a yin yang between selfishness and selflessness. Lack either too much and you're going to end up a different brand of miserable.
Melcharaz
Melcharaz
see? he cares for others for his ego.
and he doesnt care for his supposed goddess either.

notice he didnt go into detail, its because  what i said doesnt bother him personally. when you are so self absorbed, you dismiss those you dont like.

i rest my case.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
try saying the same thing about others on here, see how many care what you say.

'her' (or 'their') and my relationship is not of your concern. I know god is real, I truly actually know it. There is not one iota of doubt in my mind.

I have had signs you wouldn't believe and which are irrefutably divine. I am at one with reality and I accept the designer for what she is. Angel doesn't entirely sum it up, neither does devil.
Sir.Lancelot
Sir.Lancelot
-->
@Melcharaz
Would you like to be a moderator? 

Melcharaz
Melcharaz

no
Sir.Lancelot