Author: Reece101

Total: 40
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Intelligence_06
Something might matter,

I think that is the necessary motivation.

Normal is data manipulation and existence relative to programmed data and inherent programming.

Survival, procreation, getting up to do stuff in the morning, and ideas of fulfilment.

ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
Survival, procreation, getting up to do stuff in the morning, and ideas of fulfilment.
Fulfillment can only begin with a plan of action > reaction > resultant and  fulfillment { emotion and/or Meta-space } is not a guaranteed.

Purpose/Hope = Meta-space mind/intellect/concepts/ego

Action = occupied space reality --at least seemingly most relevant to humans---,

Reaction = can be chemical or visual, or auditorial etc

Resultants = potentially many related events, as occupied space or Meta-space

Composite synergetic whole, may be known, without knowing { quantum uncertainty } of the individual parts.

Individual parts may be known, with a sometimes correct prediction for the resultant, composite, synergetic whole.

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@ebuc
Fulfilment can only begin with a plan of action.
And a goal, I suppose.

The goal would be survival and procreation.

And we would be infused with the plan of action.

Which I think, is similar to what you were saying.

The Electro-Chemically charged reality and function of a Mass relative to Universal Universality
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
The Electro-Chemically charged reality and function of a Mass relative to Universal Universality

...What I thought of the vid......You can stay in long term relationships as a partnership with sex, some sex, or no sex.Same goes for romantic love, and attachment. Of course finding the "right person" rarely happens, is my best guess. So we all that have a partner in sex, love, attachment, have to work at more or less depending on how well those three. Otherwise she offers good stuff....

and related is this
Regulate { R1 reptillian primal sensory brain stem }, Relate {R2 limbic mammalian }, Reason { R3 neocortex }... ' Men just need a place { R1-R2 }, women need a reason { R3 } ' ....old sayingTriangulated brain....https://www.interaction-design.org/literature/article/the-concept-of-the-triune-brain

b9_ntt
Debates: 2
b9_ntt
-->
@Melcharaz
and thus a machine is less intelligent than man. because it has no spirit or soul.
How does spirit / soul relate to intelligence (assuming that spirit / soul refers to something real)?
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@b9_ntt
How does spirit / soul relate to intelligence (assuming that spirit / soul refers to something real)?

Because biologic/soul { synonyms } are much more complex than AI. Virus is simplest twilight organsim.

Bacteria are simplest biologic/soul, yet more complex than any AI.

Some bacteria reproduce so fast, that, within 6 months --if left unchecked---  they would equal the known mass of Universe, as it was known in mid-1990's.  Now it might take year and half.

There exist no AI in a machine that can reproduce a machine that contains the AI, that fast, is my best guess.

b9_ntt
b9_ntt
-->
@ebuc
I'm not used to seeing life equated with soul. You mentioned bacteria as an example. It looks like you don't consider 'soul' to mean more than simply being alive. Is that correct?
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@b9_ntt
I'm not used to seeing life equated with soul.
We see it all the time in new reports of 23 souls perished in plane, train, or bus crash, explosion, killings etc.

You mentioned bacteria as an example. It looks like you don't consider 'soul' to mean more than simply being alive. Is that correct?
Thats correct as nothing else makes logical, common sens critical thinking resultant.
At best I would allow  for a soul to be Gravtiational and Dark Energy encoding of theindvidiual biologic, wherein the body is deceased and the decay process disspates away entropically into the subtance of spirits-2 { fermions and bosons } and ulltra-micro Gravity and Dark Eernergy

In that process the many spirits the comprise the soul, move on to comprise various kinds of other bacteria/souls living off the spirits that compose the dead body.

If you have a differrent definition of for soul or spirit that is logical, common sense derived from critical thinking, please share. Ive bee ver y clear over last twenty years with much descripitive explanation.

b9_ntt
b9_ntt
-->
@ebuc
Thanks for the explanation. I have no definition to offer ... I'm just curious to hear others' thoughts.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@b9_ntt
Thanks for the explanation. I have no definition to offer ... I'm just curious to hear others' thoughts.
Most humans inherently --via biology-- have access to Meta-space mind/intellect/concepts/ego. AI does not.

AI has access to what humans allow AI to have access to. AI then takes what is allowed to mimic { to whatever degree },  Meta-space mind/intellect/concepts, and not ego/ i

I dunno if AI will ever be able to mimic Meta-space ego/ i.