Bible Study - God of the Bible eradicates nations that commit sins

Author: Best.Korea

Total: 17
Best.Korea
Debates: 266
Best.Korea
God of the Bible punishes sin

God punishes nations that are disobedient. God does this by destroying their offspring and reducing their birth rates and their numbers, giving them diseases, misfortunes and wars and conflicts and civil wars to eradicate them.

We can see the examples of nations having very low birth rates, because they are sinning too much. They are dying nations.

"I have seen these people, the Lord said to Moses, and they are a stiff-necked people. Now leave me alone so that my anger may burn against them and that I may destroy them." - Exodus 32:9 to 32:10

"Yet he does not leave the guilty unpunished; he punishes the children and their children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation" - Exodus 34:7

Exodus 34 says that children are punished, possibly destroyed or deformed, for the crimes of their parents.

This is what the Leviticus 26 says about God's punishment:

"I will do this to you: I will bring on you sudden terror, wasting diseases and fever that will destroy your sight and sap your strength. You will plant seed in vain, because your enemies will eat it."

"I will set my face against you so that you will be defeated by your enemies; those who hate you will rule over you, and you will flee even when no one is pursuing you."

"Your strength will be spent in vain, because your soil will not yield its crops, nor will the trees of your land yield their fruit."

"I will send wild animals against you, and they will rob you of your children, destroy your cattle and make you so few in number that your roads will be deserted."

Making a nation few in numbers means to eradicate them by lowering birth rates and making them die to reduce their numbers.

"If in spite of these things you do not accept my correction but continue to be hostile toward me, I myself will be hostile toward you and will afflict you for your sins seven times over. And I will bring the sword on you to avenge the breaking of the covenant."

"Bring the sword" means bring wars and violence to society.

"When I cut off your supply of bread, ten women will be able to bake your bread in one oven, and they will dole out the bread by weight. You will eat, but you will not be satisfied."

"You will perish among the nations; the land of your enemies will devour you. Those of you who are left will waste away in the lands of their enemies because of their sins; also because of their ancestors’ sins they will waste away."

This means how enemies of the nation will outnumber it greatly. God does this by causing wars and civil wars and conflicts and divisions in society.
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@Best.Korea

And do you think that no one knew this before 02:58PM today?
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Stephen

I think BdotK is just making the case for Atheism.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@FLRW
Not true. Atheism doesnt have much of the case when Bible is proven right. Atheism group is supposed to prove the Bible wrong, not right.

This is a beginning of my Bible study topics. For now, I have 2 more Bible study topics to be made, but there could be more added.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
And do you think that no one knew this before 02:58PM today?
Most people dont know it, judging by their behavior.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Best.Korea
This is a beginning of my Bible study topics. For now, I have 2 more Bible study topics to be made, but there could be more added.

And what do you mean by bible study.  What is there to study  concerning those verses you have posted,#1?

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
And what do you mean by bible study.  What is there to study  concerning those verses you have posted,#1?
These particular verses are about the constant sinning causing great misfortunes in a nation that does too much sin. The study is about if verses are accurate and at what scale are they accurate.
FLRW
FLRW

Exodus 34 says that children are punished, possibly destroyed or deformed, for the crimes of their parents.
OMG, Don Jr. should be scared to death.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Best.Korea
The study is about if verses are accurate and at what scale are they accurate.

Accurate in what sense?

Melcharaz
Debates: 6
Melcharaz
indeed. he does.
worse yet, the righteous nation is the intercessor that moves him to NOT destroy nations. thats why in the book of jeremiah God smote all the nations when israel sinned and did great evil and practiced idolatry.
israel according to God's word is to be a kingdom of priests and kings. priests offer sacrifice and intercede, kings rule and guide nations and judges matters righteously. or unrighteously.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
Accurate in what sense?
Accurate in a sense "Are today's societies punished in any way for sins like adultery, homosexuality, worshipping idols, disbelief, not helping the poor, greed...".

God of the Bible specifically stated in many places that societies that give in to sin are to be punished by diseases and/or their numbers being reduced.

We already see that plenty of societies like USA and Japan are filled with mental diseases as well as physical diseases, plus suffering from decreasing birth rates.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Melcharaz
"the righteous nation is the intercessor that moves him to NOT destroy nations."
God at one point wanted to destroy israel too, due to them worshipping the calf.
God first asked Moses if he agrees for God to destroy israel completely and make a new nation, but Moses disageed and argued that Israel can be fixed.
Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@Best.Korea

God punishes nations that are disobedient. God does this by destroying their offspring and reducing their birth rates and their numbers, giving them diseases, misfortunes and wars and conflicts and civil wars to eradicate them.

We can see the examples of nations having very low birth rates, because they are sinning too much. They are dying nations.

"I have seen these people, the Lord said to Moses, and they are a stiff-necked people. Now leave me alone so that my anger may burn against them and that I may destroy them." - Exodus 32:9 to 32:10

"Yet he does not leave the guilty unpunished; he punishes the children and their children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation" - Exodus 34:7

This is what the Leviticus 26 says about God's punishment:

"I will do this to you: I will bring on you sudden terror, wasting diseases and fever that will destroy your sight and sap your strength. You will plant seed in vain, because your enemies will eat it."

"I will set my face against you so that you will be defeated by your enemies; those who hate you will rule over you, and you will flee even when no one is pursuing you."

"Your strength will be spent in vain, because your soil will not yield its crops, nor will the trees of your land yield their fruit."

"I will send wild animals against you, and they will rob you of your children, destroy your cattle and make you so few in number that your roads will be deserted."

Making a nation few in numbers means to eradicate them by lowering birth rates and making them die to reduce their numbers.

"If in spite of these things you do not accept my correction but continue to be hostile toward me, I myself will be hostile toward you and will afflict you for your sins seven times over. And I will bring the sword on you to avenge the breaking of the covenant."

"Bring the sword" means bring wars and violence to society.

"When I cut off your supply of bread, ten women will be able to bake your bread in one oven, and they will dole out the bread by weight. You will eat, but you will not be satisfied."

"You will perish among the nations; the land of your enemies will devour you. Those of you who are left will waste away in the lands of their enemies because of their sins; also because of their ancestors’ sins they will waste away."

This means how enemies of the nation will outnumber it greatly. God does this by causing wars and civil wars and conflicts and divisions in society.

The God of the Bible is a covenant God. He is holy and just.  Magnificant on every level.  And he is also a God of mercy and love and grace.  He will punish sin. Indeed there will be a day of Justice for all those whose sins have not been punished.  Most of us hopefully, will say on Judgment Day that God himself paid for our punishment and we will receive life.  Those who trust his Words and Promises will no doubt declare this truth, whereas the rest of us will be punished for our own sins.  That is our choice.  And one we make while we are alive on this planet.   

The other interesting matter you raise is the OT covenant blessings and cursings.  I wonder whether you realise blessings will only flow for those nations that are in covenant with God.  Those nations which are in covenant - receive blessings for complying with the covenant and receive censures for non-compliance.  On the other hand, those nations and or peoples who are not in covenant, receive only the censures. And not because they are non-compliant, but because they are the enemies of God.  
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Best.Korea
In the time of Jesus of the bible tales, world population was 300 million approx.

It is now 8 billion approx.

So GODDO's eradication rate is seemingly quite low.

And with a combined total of 2.8billion approx, the two largest non-Christian countries appear to be somehow avoiding GODDOS wrath quite successfully, thank you.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@zedvictor4
It is now 8 billion approx.
In the past, population increased due to lower amount of sin. Homosexuality was mostly banned. So was adultery.

Today also, we have a situation where most of the increase in population happens in those countries that sin less. (Where, for example, homosexuality and adultery is illegal and sanctioned).

Notice that in the Bible, God doesnt always punish sin immediatelly. Sometimes God waits for hundreds of years to punish a nation for sins.

USA and Japan are already being punished with diseases, mental diseases, violence and lowering birth rates.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Best.Korea
Population rate increases due to medical and surgical intervention.

So physical and mental health issues will obviously increase proportionally.

And Indian and China the two Nations I alluded to previously, have no strict rules on "SIN". 

I'm not sure that your hypothesis is particularly water-tight.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@zedvictor4
So physical and mental health issues will obviously increase proportionally.
And Indian and China the two Nations I alluded to previously, have no strict rules on "SIN".
The problem is not proportional increase. Its the disproportional increase, the increased rate of diseases per 100 children.
Currently, we are living in the society that is most depressed, most suicidal, most diseased society in history. Plus, the predictions are that it will only get worse from here.

In India, they have lots of birth defects per 100 population. (Their main sin is adultery and incest). If it continues to increase more and more, soon their women will need to give over 100 births to get 5 non-defective children.

China has many diseases and defects. People living in China, in places where there are plenty of sins, usually live a terrible life in general. (Their main sin is eating animals with paws(such as dogs) and forbidden animals like bats). Their sins gave us covid, but thats actually mild compared to everything what happens in China.

I predict that China and India will become so defective that their populations will collapse. At least thats what the constant increase in rate of defects is telling us.