Being Christian is having a relationship with God, not simply believing in him.

Author: YouFound_Lxam

Total: 54
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen

God is not physical and we can't physically interact with him but we can experience him, through physical attributes. 
He is not a physical being but can interact with us physically.
Ok, so will you answer these simple questions that I have posed you

So did Moses Physically speak with god face to face? Yes or No?
Did Jacob Physically wrestle with god. Yes or No?
Did Adam and Eve Physically speak with God?
Who's voice did John hear after he had baptised Jesus?

YouFound_Lxam
Debates: 32
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Stephen
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
Gods. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@YouFound_Lxam

Stephen wrote:
YouFound_Lxam, wrote:
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
Gods. 

Then how then does this square with your previous repeated claim that:

God is a being, not a person.
We cannot physically hear, see, feel, or touch him. #17

We can't see him, hear him, or physically see him, but that doesn't mean you can't have an encounter with God. #20

God is not physical and we can't physically interact with him but we can experience him, through physical attributes.  He is not a physical being but can interact with us physically.#30

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
The Bible claims to be.
You said it.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Stephen
You obviously did not listen to my last quote.

We cannot physically hear, see, feel, or touch him. #17

We can't see him, hear him, or physically see him, but that doesn't mean you can't have an encounter with God. #20

God is not physical and we can't physically interact with him but we can experience him, through physical attributes.  He is not a physical being but can interact with us physically.

Then I said:

OHHHHH I see what you are saying.

Sorry I was confused on what you were arguing for a second there. 

Ok
God is not physical and we can't physically interact with him but we can experience him, through physical attributes. 
He is not a physical being but can interact with us physically.

Sorry that was halfway my fault. I worded it weird as well. 

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
I see what you are saying.

And I see perfectly what it is that you are saying, you contradictory clown.

On the one hand you say that god cannot be, physically seen , heard or touched,   and on the other you agree that Jacob, Moses, Adam, Eve and John the Baptist PHYSICALY did all those things .

HERE>>>>>
Stephen wrote:
Did Adam and Eve Physically speak with God? Yes or No
YouFound_Lxam, wrote:
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
Gods. #32

God SPEAKS TO Adam and Eve. Adam and Eve speak to god. Adam and Eve HEAR god.  And gods HEARS Adam and Eve. 

This, if the BIBLE is to be beloved is a PHYSICAL face to face conversation with god. Genesis 2:4-8_13

8 And they heard the voice of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God amongst the trees of the garden.
9 And the Lord God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?
10 And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.
11 And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?
12 And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.
13 And the Lord God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.

Are you saying that this conversation didn't happen?
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Stephen
Nope.

Not saying that at all.

We can have physical experiences with God, but God himself is not a physical being. 
Stephen
Stephen
Stephen wrote :
God SPEAKS TO Adam and Eve. Adam and Eve speak to god. Adam and Eve HEAR god.  And gods HEARS Adam and Eve. 

This, if the BIBLE is to be beloved is a PHYSICAL face to face conversation with god. Genesis 2:4-8_13

8 And they heard the voice of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God amongst the trees of the garden.
9 And the Lord God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?
10 And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.
11 And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?
12 And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.
13 And the Lord God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.

Are you saying that this conversation didn't happen?

YouFound_Lxam wrote:
Nope.

Not saying that at all.

We can have physical experiences with God,

Then you are nothing less than a contradictory cretin. The bible clear states multiple times that  humans have had PHYSICAL interactions with god.

While you state:

"We cannot physically hear, see, feel, or touch him. #17 and on the other state "We can have physical experiences with God".#37

You have tied yourself in knots, and not for the first time.

Phys·i·cal
/ˈfizək(ə)l/

adjective
  • 1.relating to the body as opposed to the mind:

b9_ntt
Debates: 2
b9_ntt
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
I have a different question.
We cannot physically hear, see, feel, or touch him.
God is a being that exists outside of Time, Space, and Matter.
He defies the laws of what we know to be true, because he created all that we know to be true.
To explain even better, God is the almighty creator of the Universe. God is Love. God is Kindness. God is Gracefulness.
God is everything good.
God is without sin, or any imperfection.

The point I am trying to make, is that God is not a physical object that can be defined with our senses that were designed to sense physical things. We can still have encounters with God, but not the same as physical things.

Same with God. You can't physically hear, touch or see him, but you can see his effects all around you ....
My question is, why do you refer to your god as he / him?
By your definitions, your god appears to be sexless. 
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@b9_ntt
In the bible, it says that God created man in his own image, and women from men's ribcage. 
God also refers to himself as male in the bible, many times, and so does a lot of others in the bible. 

God is sexless, in the way that we perceive biological sex. He created biological sex, so cannot be his own creation.
God is also not human, he is a being, so to tie sex to him in any way, shape or form is wrong.

But God calls himself man to represent the dominancy of him and his power, to us humans who cannot comprehend him. 

YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Stephen
Then you are nothing less than a contradictory cretin. The bible clear states multiple times that  humans have had PHYSICAL interactions with god.
And again:
I did not say that humans didn't have PHYSICAL interactions with God, in fact I said the opposite. 

Dude, I already told you that I worded it weirdly in the first post. 
b9_ntt
b9_ntt
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
In the bible, it says that God created man in his own image, and women from men's ribcage. 
God also refers to himself as male in the bible, many times, and so does a lot of others in the bible. ...
But God calls himself man to represent the dominancy of him and his power, to us humans who cannot comprehend him. 
Yes, in Genesis 2:7 god creates woman from the man's rib.
But then, in other verses it puts it a different way:
GEN 1:27, So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
GEN 5:2, Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

Looks to me like there are two different versions of the creation of human beings.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@b9_ntt
Yes, in Genesis 2:7 god creates woman from the man's rib.
But then, in other verses it puts it a different way:
GEN 1:27, So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
GEN 5:2, Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

Looks to me like there are two different versions of the creation of human beings.
God created man in his own image, and also created women, using the man's ribcage.

In both instances God created both man and woman. 
I see no two different versions here. 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
The truth is that, GODS were usually created in a known image by humans, and then they wrote stories about them.

Often men by men.

Though certain older multi-GOD beliefs were less misogynistic

And Hindu's were slightly wackier.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
"We cannot physically hear, see, feel, or touch him. #17 and on the other state "We can have physical experiences with God".#37

You have tied yourself in knots, and not for the first time.

Phys·i·cal
/ˈfizək(ə)l/

adjective

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@b9_ntt
GEN 5:2, Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.
Indeed ,indicative of a species and not a name. 

YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Stephen
You can keep repeating that, and ignoring what I actually said using context, but your still wrong. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam wrote: "We cannot physically hear, see, feel, or touch him. #17  "We can have physical experiences with God".#37

Stephen wrote: You have tied yourself in knots, and not for the first time.

Phys·i·cal
/ˈfizək(ə)l/

adjective
YouFound_Lxam wrote:  You can keep repeating that.....

Indeed. And it shows not only your bible ignorance but your contradictory  comments too.#38
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Stephen
Your like the mainstream media dude.

Taking clips of what I say and ignoring the rest. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Taking clips of what I say and ignoring the rest. 

You are the one continually contradicting the BIBLE!   and YOURSELF!
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Stephen
Again...........I am not. 

You're welcome to continue and lie then. 
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
What kind of relationship? 
Where does it say in the Bible, that being a Christian is about having a relationship with God? 
A relationship unlike any other.
More like a father to son type relationship. 

Think of it like a marriage.
When you sin, you cheat. Cheating hurts your significant other. Sin hurts God. 

The only difference is that all you have to do is ask God for forgiveness when you sin and he forgives you, because he loves you too much to not.  
I think it is more of a covenantal relationship where there are numerous types of analogies, such as father, son, or husband wife, master, slave.  teacher, student. king, subject, God creature, Judge, accused.  

It is true we need to confess our sins and ask God for forgiveness.  He is just and faithful to forgive. Not sure about your last phrase in that sentence. 

Are you speaking personal relationship or something else? 
Yes, very personal. 
So just to round this out, there are personal relationships and ...... kinds of relationships? 

Where does it say in the Bible, that being a Christian is about having a relationship with God? \
Hebrews 5:12-14:
"For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the first principles of the oracles of God; and you have come to need milk and not solid food. 13 For everyone who partakes only of milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, for he is a babe."

1 Corinthians 3:1-2:
"And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ. 2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able."

I apologise for my ignorance but how precisely do these verses convey "personal" relationships?  
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Tradesecret
So just to round this out, there are personal relationships and ...... kinds of relationships? 
Friends, Lovers, Fathers, Mothers, Brothers, Sisters, there are many types of loves and relationships.

God even claims this when he says things like," Love your neighbor as you would your brother," constituting that there is a certain kind of love that you can show someone. 

I apologise for my ignorance but how precisely do these verses convey "personal" relationships?  
What is a loving relationship if not personal? 
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Friends, Lovers, Fathers, Mothers, Brothers, Sisters, there are many types of loves and relationships.

God even claims this when he says things like," Love your neighbor as you would your brother," constituting that there is a certain kind of love that you can show someone. 
What is love? I love my country. what does that mean? I love my church. What does that mean. I love my family. What does that look like? 

What is a loving relationship if not personal? 
Again, what is love? That needs to be defined. And also what does personal mean? Is that about what I do - individually or collectively or is it a sexual thing? Or is it broader than that. And what would make a relationship non-personal?  I go the bank. I don't hate the bank. It gives me money. We have a relationship which I do personally.  I smile at the people who work for the bank. But it is the bank I am doing business with.