Another MAGA Republican is getting divorced

Author: IwantRooseveltagain

Total: 38
IwantRooseveltagain
Debates: 0
IwantRooseveltagain
The Party of family values sure do have their fair share of bad marriages. Even though god hates divorce and Republicans claim to be the party of god.

Trump advisor and campaign manager Kelly Ann Conway announced her divorce today.

She joins Marjorie Taylor Greene, Sarah Palin, and Trump himself who is twice divorced.
TWS1405_2
Debates: 4
TWS1405_2
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
And? 

Divorce happens. It’s a part of life. Not everyone’s. But many. 
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Thoughts on Chris Cuomo’s 2019 divorce?

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Mharman
Thoughts on Chris Cuomo’s 2019 divorce?
I don’t think he is divorced and he is not an elected leader or working as a senior advisor to one.

And democrats don’t claim to be the party of god.

Mharman
Mharman
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Ah, bollocks. I got my Cuomos confused. Was thinking of Andrew. And his divorce was in 2005, not 2019. I’m thinking of his long time girlfriend.

Anyway,

Thoughts on Andrew Cuomo’s 2005 divorce? Cuomo is Roman Catholic, so clearly he thinks the Democratic Party is the true party of God, otherwise he wouldn’t be a member. Is he a hypocrite?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Mharman
These threads are so stupid. By reducing one party to be UNIQUELY, the party of marriage, you are by default claiming the other party is the party of DIVORCE.

***a similar thing was pointed out when it was claimed one party uniquely loves the poorly educated which would necessarily make the opposing party the one that HATES the poorly educated.***

Where is the upside to these sophomoric mental masturbations?
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Greyparrot
By reducing one party to be UNIQUELY, the party of marriage, you are by default claiming the other party is the party of DIVORCE.
That’s a good point I didn’t even think of.

My points was just that there are divorced Christian politicians on both sides of the aisle, so there’s no reason for these association fallacy arguments.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Mharman
No no, one party, the Republicans, are the party of hypocrites because they claim to be the party of God, yet somehow that doesn’t help them have a better record of success in avoiding failed marriages. This is especially true for MAGA Republicans who keep saying we are a Christian nation with Christian values.
As you know, God hates divorce.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Where is the upside to these sophomoric mental masturbations?
No doubt you are an expert on masturbation so why don’t you give us an analysis?

Mharman
Mharman
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
No no, one party, the Republicans, are the party of hypocrites because they claim to be the party of God, 
So, Andrew Cuomo, a Roman Catholic Democrat, believes God would be a Republican then? And no Democrat who is Christian believes the party they identify with is the party of God?
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
I notice the distinct lack of a counter-argument your statement to Greyparrot contains.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Mharman
no Democrat who is Christian believes the party they identify with is the party of God?
That’s right, because Democrats do not conflate religion and politics. Their policies can stand on reason. Republicans have to assert divine intervention.

Mharman
Mharman
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Don’t religious people think God stands for reasonable policies, though?
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Republicans have to assert divine intervention.
Examples?
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Mharman
Examples?
Are you kidding? Republicans believe and assert:

God doesn’t want gay people to marry .

God doesn’t want abortions 

God doesn’t want gay people to raise children. (no adoption)

God doesn’t want blacks to marry or procreate with whites

God doesn’t approve of contraception 

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Mharman
Don’t religious people think God stands for reasonable policies, though?
Really? So do the Taliban seem reasonable to you? They are very religious 

Mharman
Mharman
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain

Really? So do the Taliban seem reasonable to you? They are very religious 
Not talking about the Taliban here. You're missing my point on this front.

My point is that Christians believe God supports rational policy. Therefore, Christian Democrats believe God endorses their stances on issues. If a Christian didn't believe their policy ideas were endorsed by God, they wouldn't believe them. Therefore, the party that endorses those ideas is the party of God. This applies to Christian Democrats as much as Christians who identify with other parties. The reason you see Christian Democrats claim to be the party of God less is because it isn't politically popular among the many atheists in the Democratic Party. However, Christian Democrat politicians have been known to quote scripture from time to time to appeal to other Christian Democrats, inadvertently claiming to be the party of God if not saying it outright. In a vacuum, it would be somewhat common, but compared to Christian Republican politicians (who have less atheists, but not none, in their base), it is rare. Regardless, both parties have Christians and atheists who believe a variety of things about God's place in politics and what policies God would endorse, to pin an entire party based on the actions and words of some is ridiculous.

Your logic, which ignores all nuance about what individuals believe about what God endorses and condemns, would assert that Cuomo a hypocrite, since God hates divorce and Cuomo got one. By association, the Democrats would be a party of hypocrites, since they have individuals who believe their party is the party of God but are getting divorces.

Of course, that logic is silly, and so would the hypothetical argument about Cuomo that it rests on, as well as the argument you've made about Conway.

That is my point, given in detail.

Are you kidding? Republicans believe and assert:
All of your examples fall into one of two categories:
1. It is not a mainstream position within the party, or Christianity.
2. There are non-religious arguments for this position.

Let's go over them.

God doesn’t want gay people to marry .
It is a sin. However, they are free to do so at their own risk. I have yet to see an outright ban on gay marriage become a mainstream idea, most Christians I've talked to on this hold the same position I do.

God doesn’t want abortions 
Abortion is murder. The definition of life by status of need is arbitrary and unscientific.

God doesn’t want gay people to raise children. (no adoption)
One doesn't need to invoke God for this. There are negative psychological effects on children raised outside of the traditional family structure.

God doesn’t want blacks to marry or procreate with whites
Lol, just lol. Not even remotely close to being argued in any mainstream capacity. The few Christians who believe this base their claims on flawed theology and a general misunderstanding of why God told the Israelites not to marry the Caananites. Hint: Inter-religious marriage is banned, not interracial marriage.

God doesn’t approve of contraception 
Some churches believe in contraception, some don't. Those that don't (like mine) rarely argue for a complete ban on contraceptives. It is seen as a sin, but those who use them are free to sin at their own risk.  However, this only applies to contraceptives that prevent egg releases. Contraceptives that kill a fertilized egg or prevent one from attaching the intrauterine wall should be banned, since they kill the unborn. This falls into the same category as my abortion argument from earlier.

Regardless of whether or not you agree, it is foolish to say that one needs to invoke God to hold these positions, and foolish to assert all of these positions are mainstream, or that every Christian Republican agrees with them.

Even if you acknowledge the Christian Republicans that do not hold any of these positions, the ones that don't believe in all of these positions, and the ones that have non-religious arguments for their positions, your argument still attempts to smear them based on association. This is an obvious logical fallacy.

But of course, fallacies are your MO. To be honest, the only thing in your argument that surprised me was the mention of racist sentiment, because your claim there was completely laughable. I'm sure you'll spew a ton of insults at me in your reply. Doesn't matter to me. I can't take anything you say seriously anymore, if I even did in the first place.

Simply put, you never argue in good faith, so you're not worth my future time. You can go ahead and have the last word. I won't bother responding. In fact, I won't bother replying to anything you say in the future.

Goodbye.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Mharman
since they (Democrats)have individuals who believe their party is the party of God but are getting divorces.
No, we aren’t hypocrites because we don’t go around saying we are the party of god or religion or “family values”
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
So Democrats are the party that hates God.

What a great thing to brag about.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Greyparrot

Actually we Democrats are more like the Party of Einstein. 
In 1918, Einstein was one of the founding members of the German Democratic Party, a liberal party.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
So Republicans are the party of anti-German Fascism. Good to know.

Gotta love these "all or nothing" takes on political parties. A fun trend and easy to troll don't you think?
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Greyparrot
These threads are so stupid.
Of course, because their confronting a stupid, republican, immoral party ---lacks integrity--  with MAGA Trumpeteer cultist like your self. Go suck on Fox news some more, and relish in their immoral behavior. Sick-n-the head most of them.

End-date-for-humanity 2065 and that is within 5 years of one of Issac Newtons 2060 prediction for end of humanity.

Without moral and intellectual integrity, of those in authority, it is curtains for humanity. It is only a matter of when and how the end occurs
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ebuc
One party is the party of the Devil.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Greyparrot
Huh? WTF!  Orange-Grey-Parrot = ? fear of truth, justice etc?

Sick-n-head, lack of moral and intellectual integrity, MAGA and other republicans, has nothing to do with your comments.

Suck of Fox news and get tainted sour milk smell or taste, if that is what your searching for.

I will take Stormy Daniels moral integrity over MAGA cultist any day of week. 

Seven year investigation of $130K payments to Stormy from Trumpet still goes on.  We may get review of evidence by a grand jury, instead of a single judge. There is no pardon via NY state  Alfred Bragg conviction if it occurs. We can only hope it goes to a jury and the evidence convinces them of this narcissistic nutcase.

There is suequent vid to the above from 4 years ago, with jimmy kimmel interview, Revealing funny stuff I had not heard

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ebuc

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Greyparrot
Huh? WTF are you going on about now.  USA needs to divorce from MAGA Trumpeteers. So simple even OGP should be able to grasp this logical, common sense, critical thinking. Or not. I think Stormy gets its more than OGP or Tucker Carlson, or Murdock etc.

Now Mitch McConnel finally jumping ship. What a disgraceful republican.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ebuc
Now Mitch McConnel finally jumping ship.

He is a rat :)
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Greyparrot
He is a rat :)
Wow, that is so typical oexactly what Trumpet would say and has said about so many who criticize.  You and Trumpet sitting in a ship, waiting for it to sink.

I will take Stormy Daniels morals over yours and Trumpet any day of the week, month or year.

There is subsequent vid of Stormy on Jimmy Kimmel ---following the above vid---   from 4 years ago, with jimmy kimmel revealing funny stuff from her book, that I had not heard.  You should watch it and learn something about your leader Trumpet, from some one who actually been there done that.

Again Bragg is going after Trumpet, perhaps, on misuse of funds as payment to Stormy for his date with her. Here is her side of the story.

FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Greyparrot

Yes, Fox News host Tucker Carlson called then-President Donald Trump "a demonic force" and "a destroyer" in a text to his producer.
Melcharaz
Debates: 6
Melcharaz
both parties are against christ in their dogma. difference between them is how much and where they deny Christ.