Support this website or (possibly) Sir.Lancelot's debate website?

Author: Bella3sp

Total: 19
Bella3sp
Debates: 53
Bella3sp
Once again, I need opinions. I'm currently not sure who (or if) i'll support.

Sir.Lancelot's postings about his website in development:

Basically I just need opinions to sway my thoughts in the right direction.
Sir.Lancelot
Debates: 182
Sir.Lancelot
Stick with this one for now. 

Mine is just a work in progress and despite the money gambled on it, there’s no guarantee it will be high-quality or live up to people’s standards. 

But it is an alternative, if this site self-destructs. (I have it on good authority, that it will.) 

Consider the following.: 
  • Mike is laid off and is now reaching out for money. 
  • The site’s expenses can no longer rely on Mike’s source of income to sustain itself, so it will require donations from us. 
  • New updates are stifling people’s desire to participate. Less people = Less money. (7 people have quit already.)
  • One of the top contributors, Rational Madman will be leaving soon.

RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
imagine putting 1000 dollars into some random strangers' promise to start a debate website. These people are not too streetsmart irl or online clearly.
Sir.Lancelot
Sir.Lancelot
imagine putting 1000 dollars into some random strangers' promise to start a debate website. These people are not too streetsmart irl or online clearly.

He now owns a small percentage of my website and has previous business experience. 
DebateArt.com
Debates: 0
DebateArt.com
Nothing is going to happen to Dart, it’s not degrading or losing lots of users or under a risk of being closed because of $60 of expenses, for gods sake. 

I just wanted to distribute my expenses on the community, but if it’s not happening, it doesn’t mean I will close the website or anything like that, please quit this apocalyptic attitude. 

If anything, things are actually going well and will be much better if everything goes according to my plan. 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Sir.Lancelot
@Bella3sp
I'm guessing that Mike is quite savvy and won't be unemployed for evermore.

And there's room for more than one debate website anyway.

I for one, appreciated the quality of DebateArt.

And wish Sir Lancelot well in his venture.

What would we do without people like Mike and Sir Lancelot?

Something else I assume.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
There are lifetime patrons for this site like Lunatic and Ramshutu even though they don’t get on that often. Mike will be fine
Melcharaz
Debates: 6
Melcharaz
this website will be going down. but it has nothing to do with money, of that you can be certain.
but the money will dry up eventually. Only fools will backup a program that empowers them, so they can have their power.

no, what will bring ruin is even more simple than money. but few people can see it.
Bella3sp
Bella3sp
-->
@DebateArt.com
Oh, I didn't mean for it to be viewed as "shutting down". It's simply the fact of which one I should support. 
Either to support this website, or follow along with another. 

My question on who to support has nothing to do with this website shutting down or not. 
Sir.Lancelot
Sir.Lancelot
-->
@DebateArt.com
We appreciate all the hard work and contributions you’ve made over the years to DART, Mike. 

And I assure you from the bottom of my heart that DART will never be forgotten. 
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Bella3sp
You have to be ridiculous to support a "promised website" until I see true results with this website, there is no reason to support a site that a majority of the users now will not care one bit for
Sir.Lancelot
Sir.Lancelot
You have to be ridiculous to support a "promised website" until I see true results with this website, there is no reason to support a site that a majority of the users now will not care one bit for
Tell that to the people here who have already joined.
And the active userbase is steadily growing. 
Melcharaz
Melcharaz
there are many debate sites. my question is as to their integrity, idc who supports them, thats their money and their choice.
it is foolish indeed to trust in anyone, thats why you don't.

integrity and honesty is what will determine the life of something, even if its a hard life.

if lancelot wants to waste his money on a debate site just like others here? fine.
but if there is no openess, moderation or sincerity, it will fall just like this one. Beware!
Bella3sp
Bella3sp
-->
@Vader
Hopefully, you're not projecting that "you" towards me specifically but in general. I assume you mean in general. 

My comment said, "Once again, I need opinions. I'm currently not sure who (or if) i'll support." 

As for the comment in general, thank you. Guess until we get results on that website, we shouldn't have major thoughts on it. Doesn't mean that I would support this website in the meantime, though. 

Mikal
Debates: 0
Mikal
I spoke with Mike because of Wylteds post and to say the least, the post was exasperated to a high level. I don’t anticipate this website will go anywhere, and if it’s ever in a spot where that is a possible, there is enough people who care about the community that will prevent that from happening. 
Skipper_Sr
Debates: 10
Skipper_Sr
-->
@Sir.Lancelot
How come you would invest time and money in a new debate website if you could've used that effort for this one?
Skipper_Sr
Debates: 10
Skipper_Sr
-->
@Melcharaz
no, what will bring ruin is even more simple than money. but few people can see it.
What is it?

Sir.Lancelot
Sir.Lancelot
-->
@Skipper_Sr
Setting up the site was free. Weaver spent the money to become a shareholder. 

Melcharaz
Melcharaz
integrity, moderation, lack of favortism, ability to block, and voting that makes more sense.