Moses.

Author: Stephen

Total: 30
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen

"My changeling mother conceived me, in secret she bore me. She set me in a basket of rushes, with bitumen she sealed my lid.
She cast me into the river which rose not over me. The river bore me up and carried me to Akki, the drawer of water".

For anyone that has only ever had the story of Moses told or read to them, they could be forgiven for assuming that the above is all about the biblical Moses aka " the lawgiver", but they would be wrong. The above is in fact a much older Mesopotamian original- by thousands of years. In fact what you would be reading in this instance is from the Legend of Sharru-kin, he who was to become Sargon the Great of Akkad. And it wouldn't be for the first time that biblical stories have been taken from much older Mesopotamian legends , either.

The Birth of Moses begins in Exodus 2:

"And a man of the house of Levi went and took as wife a daughter of Levi.  So the woman conceived and bore a son. And when she saw that he was a beautiful child, she hid him three months.  But when she could no longer hide him, she took an ark of bulrushes for him, daubed it with asphalt and pitch, put the child in it, and laid it in the reeds by the river’s bank.  And his sister stood afar off, to know what would be done to him".

We are then informed that Pharaoh's daughter went to bathe in the crocodile infested river Nile where she happened upon the baby Law Giver.

The "Drawer of Water" is noteworthy because according to Exodus 2:10, Moses was given his name by the Pharaoh's daughter who ' drew him from the water'. 

When the child grew older, she took him to Pharaoh’s daughter and he became her son. She named him Moses,   saying, “I drew him out of the water.” Exodus 2:10
In Hebrew the name Moses is rendered as Mosheh derived maybe from the Hebrew word moshe which means 'the drawer out'.  With that said, I find it hard to believe that this Princess of royal Egyptian stock would have been educated in the Hebrew language and etymology? And why not an Egyptian name? Either way, I have no doubt in my mind that the whole story is a restructuring of the Mesopotamian Legend of Sharru-kin. 

I have written on this site somewhere before, the name Moses has been studied by Archaeologist, Assyriologist, Egyptologist and historians and all appear to have come to the same conclusion that the Egyptian name Moses is actually a title and derives from the the Egyptian word mose (Greek: mosis). Which simply relates to offspring or heir. Examples would be - Tuthmose (Tuthmoses): born of Thoth. Amenmose (Amenmosis): born of Amen.

Amen, interesting that the gnostic gospels have Jesus demanding he be called "The Amen". 

FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Stephen

Yes, the Egyptians told the story of Moses, too, but in their version, he wasn’t a miracle-working hero with god-given powers. In the version passed down by the Egyptian historian Manetho, Moses is a brutal and violent monster – and he isn’t even Jewish.
Moses, according to Manetho, was an Egyptian priest named Osarsiph who tried to take over Egypt. The pharaoh had quarantined everyone with leprosy into a city called Avaris, and Osarsiph used them to stage a revolt. He made himself the ruler of the lepers, changed his named to Moses, and turned them against the pharaoh.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@FLRW
the Egyptian historian Manetho, Moses is a brutal and violent monster

Indeed. He is discussed in The Aegyptiaca by Manetho  with Ptolemy I and  recorded that Moses had been an Egyptian priest at Heliopolis. And Flavius Josephus wrote that he commanded the Egyptian army against the Ethiopians and had married an  Ethiopian Princess called Tharbis.

I shall be adding more on this point when I have more time.

– and he isn’t even Jewish.

Exodus 2-19
Best.Korea
Debates: 251
Best.Korea
Well, you dont have to believe in the Bible's version of history. However, I do believe in the Bible because the Bible confirmed itself with accurate knowledge. The knowledge from the Bible is useful, and the story of Moses doesnt negate that.
b9_ntt
Debates: 2
b9_ntt
-->
@Stephen
Which gnostic gospel do you refer to (re Jesus / Amen)? I'd like to read it.
b9_ntt
b9_ntt
I knew that the flood story in Gilgamesh preceded the biblical one, but I was totally unaware of the "Moses" story in Mesopotamia.
Stephen
Stephen
I knew that the flood story in Gilgamesh preceded the biblical one, but I was totally unaware of the "Moses" story in Mesopotamia.

There are others. The creation of Adam and Eve you may find interesting.

(1) Sumerian epics:
The decision by the lords to create a “primitive worker” because the Gods were not ‘miners’ is reminiscent of;
“There was not a man to till the ground”. So “God formed man of the dust of the ground” Genesis 2:5-7. KJV.

(2)Sumerian epics:
  The taking of the “two strands essence” is reminiscent of the taking the “rib” of Adam. Genesis2:20-23. NKJV.

(3)Sumerian epics:
The new name given to the Sumerian Goddess Ninki  is  Lady of Life,
is reminiscent of the name given to Eve by Adam. “And Adam called his wife’s name Eve, because she was the mother of all living”. Genesis 3:20.

(4)Sumerian epics: The creation of the Adama was a first “Unapproved” by the Sumerian lord Enlil.
that caused the two hybrids to be“expelled” by the lord Enlil,
is reminiscent of  the expulsion from the Eden. Genesis 3:22-24

And as there is in Genesis seemingly  two creation stories of man, there appears a second "creation" of sorts in the Sumerian epics where it can read of two "foundlings" raised by the Lord Enlil and his wife Ninki.

Interesting thing here is that because at that time it was totally taboo  for "son's of god" to have sexual relations with the offspring of the human women, this taboo was broken by the Lord Enki.
Both these women were offspring of those that had been “expelled” hundreds of years before. The text tells us;
And into her [their] womb she [they] took the holy semen by the semen of the lord Enki she [they] was impregnated”.

And this part may be of interest to some readers:

The Lord Enki and his servant Isimud come up with a pr-arranged cover story for if or when these (now pregnant) girls produce offspring, which they did. Isimud the servant tells Enki’s wife Ninki and his brother Enlil; He “found them”!

amongthe bulrushes, in reed baskets have I them found. Ninki to the foundlings a likening took, as her own children she raised them. Adapa she called the foundling boy, the girl she called Titi”.

The broken taboo is also reminiscent of :  The sons of God saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose.
Genesis 6:2

The book of Enoch tells us that these fallen son's had  sex with the Daughters of men there by had defiled themselves and were forced to marry them and remain on earth "never to return to their heavenly stations".

Which gnostic gospel 

I think I remember it was from the Apocrypha?

But you need not look that up if you can answer this question for yourself;

Who is "The Amen" in this verse from Revelations referring to?

“Write this letter to the angel of the church in Laodicea. This is the message from the one who is the Amen—the faithful and true witness, the beginning of God’s new creation":  Revelation 3:14 .NIV   My emphasis

variant:

And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of   Revelation 3:14.KJV.  My emphasis

b9_ntt
b9_ntt
“Write this letter to the angel of the church in Laodicea. This is the message from the one who is the Amen—the faithful and true witness, the beginning of God’s new creation":  Revelation 3:14 .NIV 
Amazing! and thank you for the reference. I missed this one when I was researching my "What is the Bible?" presentation. 
I had a section about Ahmed Osman's books, and this reference fits right in.

b9_ntt
b9_ntt
The references to the Sumerian epics fits into the section about "Imitation of Ancient Literature."
Thanks again.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@b9_ntt
I had this one wrong;

And as there is in Genesis seemingly  two creation stories of man, there appears a second "creation" of sorts in the Sumerian epics where it can read of two "foundlings" raised by the Lord Enlil and his wife Ninki.

It wasn't Lord Enlil and his wife Ninki. It was Lord Enki/Ea and his wife Ninki.

Can you @ me when you reply to me. I almost missed your replies.
Thank's.
b9_ntt
b9_ntt
-->
@Stephen
Thanks for the correction.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Stephen
Stephen the Incomparable.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@b9_ntt
The references to the Sumerian epics fits into the section about "Imitation of Ancient Literature."

Well as I have shown above at #7,  once  the many hundreds of thousands of ancient text and tablets started to be unearthed over 150 years ago in those lands it soon became obvious that what these tablets were revealing were in fact the models for the stories written down by the biblical scribes. With some of these ancient stories becoming immediately familiar.
 One would have thought that the Pastors and Priests would have been delighted and wearing an air of  "I told you so" at these newly discovered "evidences" for the existence of some of the most famous characters in their holy book. But it was never going to be the case.

Anyway. Moses. 
We cannot be sure as to who the biblical Moses really was unless - I believe- we look back before his time. And to Joseph, he "of many colours" and son of Jacob. The biblical story of Joseph and how he became "father to Pharaoh", starts, the bible says, with him being sold into slavery, Genesis 37:12-36. where he somehow rises from "slave" to being grand Vizier to Pharaoh in charge over all the land of Egypt! Genesis 41:39-45.  The last verse of Genesis simply ends with, Joseph, died, was embalmed/ mummified and was placed in a coffin in Egypt.  It was said that Joseph's dying request was that his bones be taken to  Canaan. And it was years later Moses  that fulfilled his request.

But it is to Genesis 41: 45 in particular that is most interesting - to myself  at least -  where the biblical Moses is concerned. 

45 "And Pharaoh called Joseph’s name Zaphnath-Paaneah. And he gave him as a wife Asenath, the daughter of Poti-Pherah priest of On. So Joseph went out over all the land of Egypt". i.e. - foot well and truly in the door in todays speak.
But: 
there is a (later) historical Egyptian Vizier named Yusuf that had precisely this type of burial. His sarcophagus was placed in a no lesser place that the Valley of  Kings in Thebes. 
Yusuf  was the principle minister for the 18th dynasty Pharaoh Tuthmosis IV and for his son Amenhotep III, his wife's name was Tjuyu.

Yusuf is the Arabic equivalent of the Hebrew name Yosef and the English name Joseph.

Were there two Josephs that became vizier to Pharaoh? Was the first Vizier Joseph somehow related to the (later) Vizier named Joseph? And for the hell of it I will throw in the Egyptian name Yuya that also happened to be  a powerful ancient Egyptian courtier during the reign of the 18th dynasty.

I will continue this when I have more time. Could be later today?

b9_ntt
b9_ntt
-->
@Stephen
According to Ahmed Osman (Christianity: An Ancient Egyptian Religion), "All the central characters of both the Old Testament and the New Testament were real historical Egyptian figures, who lived in a different period than have believed up till now."
Osman associates the Bible's King David with Tuthmosis III, 5th Pharaoh of the 18th dynasty; Solomon with Amenhotep III (8th); Moses with Amenhotep IV (9th, aka Akhenaten); and Joshua / Jesus with Tutankhamun (11th).
Osman says that the Biblical account of David's campaigns matches the account of Tuthmosis III's in the Annals at Karnak. He then goes on to present mountains of evidence for his other assertions.
He also claims that Joseph of the OT was Yuya, minister to Tuthmosis IV & Amenhotep III, and Yusef to the Israelites. His wife was Tuya / Asenath, daughter of Potiphera, priest of On (Heliopolis). They had two sons, Anen (Mannaseh) and Aye (Ephraim), and a daughter, Tiya, who became the wife of Amenhotep III. He cites Genesis 45:8, which says that Joseph was father to a Pharaoh.
According to Josephus (Antiquities, II, 9-12), Moses led an Egyptian army to defeat Ethiopia, which had previously conquered Egypt. He then married Princess Tharbis, daughter of the Ethiopian king. He learned of an Egyptian plot to kill him, so Moses fled to Midian (the Bible relates that he fled because he killed an Egyptian who was beating a Hebrew). 
Osman: Parts of Proverbs are based on the Egyptian maxims of Amenemope (Amenhotep III). (p. 249, citing John Bright, A History of Israel, 1960, p. 199).
The above is only a small selection from Osman's many books on this subject.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@b9_ntt

I have already mentioned much of what you state above here > #3 and here> #13

I will cover more of your post as a when I feel it appropriate to the theme of the topic.

But this is part of your post is  interesting;

He learned of an Egyptian plot to kill him, so Moses fled to Midian (the Bible relates that he fled because he killed an Egyptian who was beating a Hebrew). 

I have good reason to believe that Moses had indeed  murdered an Egyptian,  his half brother and rightful heir to the throne. Which, coincidently, happens to be  a running theme in the bible stories.
I hope to get to that when time allows. Although the internet is extremely helpful for short cuts, I still have to keep referencing my books if I cannot remember certain names, times, and places, out of habit. I like to hold what I am reading and studying..

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@b9_ntt
I mentioned above #7 the breaking of a taboo by Enki and the resulting outcome of “two foundlings”:
among the bulrushes, in reed baskets have I them found. Ninki to the foundlings a likening took, as her own children she raised them. Adapa she called the foundling boy, the girl she called Titi”.

Also mentioned above,#7 this can be seen to be the prototype for the biblical story the Adam and Eve account in the bible. But is it also the template for the Moses story? On the face of the biblical account we would have to say no. Simply because the biblical story doesn’t mention another sibling. Unless of course, Moses did have a full blood Egyptian sibling that the bible scribes omitted to mention?

Was this the case? Well to find the answer to some of these questions, I can pick up on some of the points that you have highlighted above, i.e. Yuya and his wife was Tuya. These two were much more than just “ministers” to Pharaoh Tuthmosis IV and for his son Amenhotep III in respect that (1) they were both buried in the Valley of Kings and(2) in the case of Yuya’s funerary papyrus he is referred to as The Holy Father of the Lord of the Two Lands, which is just as the bible relates at Genesis 45:8:

“So then, it was not you who sent me here, but God. He made me father to Pharaoh, lord of his entire household and ruler of all Egypt”. 

So just on this information alone it is enough to convince me at least that we are speaking of Yuya of Egypt and the biblical Joseph the Hebrew are one and the same person. Not only was Yuya of royal significance, but his wife Tuya was also, if not more so.

Wewill recall from above that Pharaoh had given Joseph/Yuya as a wife Asenath, the daughter of Poti-Pherah priest of On. Genesis41:45

But as you point out above the offspring of this couple namely to their daughter, Tiye. But it should first be explained how it came about.

When Tuthmosis died records show that his son Amenhotep married his infantsister Sitamun – Daughter of the Great King,(which would be Tuthmosis IV) so he could inherit the throne. Very soon after this union in order to have an adult wife he also married Tiye a halfbreed Egyptian/Israelite daughter of Joseph/Yuya and Asenath.
It was however decreed that no son born of this couple could ever inherit the throne. One of the reasons given is that Tiye was not a legitimate heiress and could not represent the state god Amen and would never be considered a legitimate heiress and it was for this reason the priests of On ordered the palace midwives to smother any male child that born to Tiye.It is said her first son called Tuthmoses did ‘die’ but it is never explain how he died or where he was buried.
You can just feel the conflict bubbling under the surface.

Regardless, Tiye did become pregnant again but this time she squirrelled herself away living with her Israelite relatives in Goshen where she gave birth to another boy and where it was arranged for the child to be taken care of and nursed by Tiye’s brothers wife Teythat happened to be a daughter of the house of Levi.
Iam sure that any reader of the bible couldn’t fail to notice that this is reminiscent of biblical story of Moses. Exodus 2:1-10

The bible story starts with “a woman of the house of Levi”

“ThenPharaoh’s daughter went down to the Nile to bathe, and her attendants were walking along the riverbank. She saw the basket among the reeds and sent her female slave to get it. She opened it and saw the baby. He was crying, and she felt sorry for him. “This is one of the Hebrew babies,” she said.
Thenhis sister asked Pharaoh’s daughter, “Shall I go and get one of the Hebrew women to nurse the baby for you?”
“Yes, go,” she answered. So the girl went and got the baby’s mother.Pharaoh’s daughter said to her, “Take this baby and nurse him for me, and I will pay you.” So the woman took the baby and nursed him.  When the child grew older, she took him to Pharaoh’s daughter and he became her son. She named him Moses, saying, “I drew him out of the water.”

But of course in truth we know that Tiye had named her son Amenhotep. 
So how do we get from a child with the Egyptian name Amenhotep to a supposedly full blood Israelite child called Moses?
The quick route could be to simply state that:

Egyptian Pharaoh Amenhotep III the father of:-
Aminadab;( which is the Hebrew equivalent of the Egyptian name)-
Amenhotep;  (went on to become)-
Akhenaten;(who we today know as)- the biblical Moses.

Might be worth look at Akhenaten when I have more time.

b9_ntt
b9_ntt
-->
@Stephen
This is fascinating stuff, with all kinds of possibilities.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@b9_ntt
They could probably make a movie about it. 
Me personally id call the film . 
MOSES

The opening scene would be lile a baby floating down a river. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@b9_ntt
This is fascinating stuff.

I believe so.  I shall have another post ready mid morning..hopefully. 
b9_ntt
b9_ntt
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
I would prefer a different movie: a boy being torn to pieces by a rival, and his mom trying to put him together again. This would be more Egyptian.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@b9_ntt
You’ll understand some of these ideas will be references from scholars while others are my own deductions and theories. I am too bone idle to list all references or point out my own. Plus I have found it much less complicated and a more simplistic way of explaining what can be a complex and difficult to follow story for many.

We will recall the Genesis verse 10“Whenthe child grew older, she took him to Pharaoh’s daughter and he became her son. She named him Moses, saying, “I drew him out of the water.”

It cannot be missed that suddenly, Moses now has seemingly grown from infant and is now an adult!?
What happened in the missing years?

As it stands it is also hard to miss that this is reminiscent of the New Testament tale of Jesus and his “cousin” John the Baptist. Both are born, go into exile and reappear as fully grown adults. And incidentally, one of these infants just happens to have been sent into exile in Egypt! Is it any surprise then that Jesus wants to be called and is also know as The Amen?

Or is this just yet another retelling of old Mesopotamian/Egyptian/Old Testament epics now written by the authors of the four New Testament Gospels.? (I do have my own theory as to why these stories are repeated and or re-enacted.)

And in the case Moses, it seems very odd that no one, not even her father Pharaoh- asks the royal Princess, “where the fk did he come from”? No, what we get from the bible story is this giant leap in time from infant to a full grown murderer;

One day, after Moses had grown up, he went out to where his own people were and watched them at their hard labor. He saw an Egyptian beating a Hebrew, one of his own people. Looking this way and that and seeing no one, he killed the Egyptian and hid him in the sand”. Exodus2:11-12

Again, it cannot be missed that this is a OT retelling of Cain supposedly “killing” his (half) brother Able and burying him in the ground in Genesis 4:9-10.

Regardless. Amenhotep( Amen is Pleased) to Akhenaten to Moses. How did he become Moses? Maybe this will go some way explaining the missing years of the biblical Moses

Tiye’s son Amenhotep as explained by Manetho (in the case of the biblical Moses) was educated in Heliopolis. By this time his mother had become more influential than the senior queen, Sitamun who it is believed had never given birth to a son and heir to Pharaoh only a daughter, Nefertiti.

Pharaoh Amenhotep III, the records tell us, became extremely ill and because there was no direct male heir to the royal house it was up to Tiye’s son the young Amenhotep to marry his half sister Nefertiti thereby ruling as co-regent, Amenhotep IV. Although this marriage proved to be the saviour of the 18 dynasty when his father died it was at this point that Amenhotep (Akhenaten)began to have thoughts of his own. Maybe it was because of his early Israelite upbringing but the young Pharaoh couldn’t accept the idea of the many deities worshipped by the Egyptians?

But he began to re-develop the idea of the Aten, a god of no image that was omnipotent and represented by the solar disc. (I say re-develop because the idea of the Aten wasn’t exclusive to Amenhotep (Akhenaten)that is to say The Aten wasn’t his brainchild, and evidence for this comes from even before Amenhotep’s (Akhenatan’s)birth. His father Pharaoh Amenhotep III it is said owned a boat on the lake at Zara and was called Tehen Aten (Aten Gleams).

Problem was that Aten was not the sun god – Ra was. And it was this that would put him on a collision course with the priests of Ra, the very priests that had educated and trained him in Heliopolis.

The Israelite idea of a god without image was already established in Egypt before Amenhotep’s(Akhenatan’s) took the throne. It was what he did different that was to cause all the problems. He installed the Aten not just as the State god who had been Amen, but the only god of Egypt. He closed all temples of Egyptian gods and changed his name to Akhenaten ( glorious spirit of The Aten.    He had to go.

b9_ntt
b9_ntt
-->
@Stephen
This sounds good so far. I think it continues that Akhenaten / Moses and some of his followers leave, or get kicked out of Egypt, and take the Israelites with them to Sinai.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@b9_ntt

As you may already know, it was the changes made by Akhenaten/ Moses from polytheism to monotheism that has caused many scholars and other schools of thought to believe that Akhenaten and the biblical Moses are one and the same and this is probably the reason Akhenaten is sometimes called the world’s first monotheist. But to the priests of Amen he was a heretic or “dead”.

Under his reign there was no tolerance of any other god’s or religious practices. He built a city dedicated to the Aten and allowed anyone that accepted his new one god religion to live in this new ‘promised land’. Sounds familiar doesn’t it?
Indeed many Hebrew and Egyptian accepted the invitation to follow him into this new world of one god in Armana. Of course the priests weren’t happy with the situation and anyone that had discarded and forsaken the old gods for the new were referred to as “lepers”, “cripples” and in the case of the priests that sided with Akhenaten they were “dead”. Of course this simply means they were social "cripples and or lepers" and in the case of the Egyptian priests however, they were “dead” or “ had died” which simply meant excommunicated. All sounding very New Testament in my opinion with Lazarus, Ananias and his wife Sapphira being two good examples of being “dead”.

I will have pick up on the Bible verse that you raised here.

b9_nttwrote: He learned of an Egyptian plot to kill him, so Moses fled to Midian(the Bible relates that he fled because he killed an Egyptian who was beating a Hebrew). #15
In my own opinion I find it highly unlikely that Pharaoh would exile Moses, a Prince of Egypt (Exodus2:11) for killing what we are led to believe was just a common Egyptian taskmaster whipping a Hebrew “slave”, unless of course this happened to be a special Egyptian.

You will remember from above that I wrote: “It was however decreed that no son born of this couple could ever inherit the throne. One of the reasons given is that Tiye was not a legitimate heiress and could not represent the state god Amen and would never be considered a legitimate heiress and it was for this reason the priests of On ordered the palace midwives to smother any male child that born to Tiye. It is said her first born son called Tuthmoses did ‘die’ but it is never explains how old he died, how he died or where he was buried. #16

It wouldn’t be the first time that this kind of decree was issued against Israelites in the land of Egypt. We only have to look at the bible: Exodus 1:15-22, which is strange story altogether. We have Hebrew midwives – foreigners-  blatantly disobeying Pharaoh’s own decrees and in his own land. Being brought before Pharaoh and no mention of punishment. We know they weren’t executed for this treason or anything else.  In fact “the lord”, the bible says gave them families of their own as reward! Sound like a good old-fashioned backhander to me.

So did Akhenaten (Moses) have a brother? As shown above. When he went by the name of Amenhotep the records show that he had indeed a “dead” elder brother, i.e. first born named Tuthmoses that seemingly just disappears off the face of the earth while at the same time it cannot go un-noticed that the person we are now calling Moses seems to have gained a brother completely out of thin air! Exodus 4:14. Aaron!
Aaron! The bible scribes are seemingly expecting the reader to know he was there all the time yet not a single person mentions the name and there certainly isn't any mention of a “brother” apart from his “dead” brother. Had this "dead" brother simply been in the background under his Egyptian name; Smenkhkare? And was he the "dead" brother?

b9_ntt
b9_ntt
-->
@Stephen
And was he the "dead" brother?
Now that is an interesting question.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@b9_ntt
Contiuing from above.
Stephen wrote:
So did Akhenaten (Moses) have a brother? As shown above. When he went by the name of Amenhotep the records show that he had indeed a “dead” elder brother, i.e. first born named Tuthmoses that seemingly just disappears off the face of the earth while at the same time it cannot go un-noticed that the person we are now calling Moses seems to have gained a brother completely out of thin air! Exodus 4:14. Aaron!
Aaron! The bible scribes are seemingly expecting the reader to know he was there all the time yet not a single person mentions the name and there certainly isn't any mention of a “brother” apart from his “dead” brother. Had this "dead" brother simply been in the background under his Egyptian name; Smenkhkare? And was he the "dead" brother?#23

Well looking over this thread you wouldn’t have missed that records show that the two birth names of these brothers Smenkhkare (first born) and Akhenaten (second born) had both started off Egyptian names.#23
The disappearing first born was named Tuthmoses #16 and the second born (Moses) began with the name Amenhotep (Amen is Pleased) #16 .

As is usual, it’s all in the name, (or should that be “bloodline”?) and I appreciate that this may be a little complicated and confusing for some:
but to realise what links them as brothers in the biblical sense we have to look at their upbringing under their Egyptian names? We know from records that Amenhotep -Akhenaten (Moses)was trained and educated by the priests of On (The House of Light) in Heliopolis and coincidently so was (Tuthmoses) Smenkhkare. And like “Moses”, in infancy he too was raised (wet nursed) by a Levite women named Tey - remember her? And astonishingly, he is also recorded as being the grandson of Ysuf-Yuya, i.e. Joseph who became “father to Pharaoh”.

Not wishing to bog this topic down in the myriad of names surrounding just these two for too much longer I will simply finish here on how  (Tuthmoses) Smenkhkare became the biblical Aaron. With just a few added notes.

After Akhenaten(Moses) abdicated Smenkhkare became Pharaoh so was now titled Smenkh-ka-ra (Vigourous is the Soul of Ra).
Both were educated at the house of On there- by, in the case of Pharaoh, he now become known as
Smenkh-ka-ra-On, from the phonetic ending which derives ‘Aaron’.

And they were both Aten worshippers.
Aten was the equivalent of the Hebrew Adon a title familiar with ‘Adonai’ (My Lord).
There have been many more new discoveries from those ancient lands in my own life time.

To me it all appears to have been a long game infiltration plan that went belly up and started by the Mesopotamian Abram who also suffered a name change to the biblical Abraham.  
And that, as the say, is that. 

All good stuff for those that are interested, eh, b9_ntt?

b9_ntt
b9_ntt
-->
@Stephen
You've given me a lot to study now. I want to integrate it with what I thought I knew about this topic. Thank you.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@b9_ntt
You've given me a lot to study now. I want to integrate it with what I thought I knew about this topic. Thank you.

You are more than welcome.
There is always more to know for those that are interested. An open mind will always outdo a indoctrinated closed mind.
b9_ntt
b9_ntt
-->
@Stephen
I agree. I try to stay open-minded as much as I can. I am no longer open-minded about Trump, however. He is a criminal who should not be allowed to hold public office again.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@b9_ntt
 Trump

Which has absolutely nothing to do with this thread concerning the biblical Moses, thankfully.

You may find this interesting?
The Genius Of The Few
by Christian and Barbara Joy O'Brien
b9_ntt
b9_ntt
-->
@Stephen
I'm interested but I'll have to try the local libraries ... the book sells for $100 or more.