Why is white supremacy a right wing thing?

Author: TheUnderdog

Total: 130
ADreamOfLiberty
Debates: 0
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@oromagi
I'm clutching pearls in an emotional appeal which begs the question. I thought I'd try it out, I can see why left-tribers do it so often. Very easy on the brain cells. I'm also quite serious though.

Your analogy is trash by the way, asking people not to speak is very different from "asking" people to censor. It would only be analogous if the social media company forwarded a request to the person in question requesting that they take down the tweet/post.

I assume you are talking about...
I'm talking about DOJ employees and agents working in positions of high power at social media companies coordinating with their masters in the DOJ (read deep state because this is unconstitutional)

Paul Ryan talking is 100 trillion kilometers apart from Paul Ryan communicating with unelected agents in the government and carrying out their unconstitutional demands.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
  • The theory for governments to restrict economic freedom while allowing speech for the masses has existed up until Marie Antoinette said "let them eat Cake."
  • Since the French Queen never said that, let's note that this claim is exposed as bullshit.
The list of top 10 failed Democracies are countries where the government owns and manages the speech venues, not the free market.
  • Second request:  Let's see your top ten list.
Most people in Socrates time who spoke freely either took the hemlock or would not be able to speak or vote without property.
  • And slaves were denied their right to free speech in Southern states.  Free speech is always a relative and evolving condition.
[Singapore] are objectively not a free market....

• agreed.  In spite of the rankings, the US market is objectively more free than Singapore.

oromagi
oromagi
  • You realize you have failed to answer the two main questions
    • - what was censored by whom when?
    • what does this have to do with white supremacy?
asking people not to speak is very different from "asking" people to censor.
  • Orwellian double talk
I'm talking about DOJ employees and agents working in positions of high power at social media companies coordinating with their masters in the DOJ (read deep state because this is unconstitutional)
  • Oh, you mean more like Chris Swecker, Kerri Kupec,  Andrew Napolitano, John Pistole, Trey Gowdy, etc ?

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
Top ten list of failed states with a democratic government.

Democracy isn't a panacea as the founding fathers knew during the creation of the constitutional republic.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@oromagi
what was censored by whom when?
What = Opinions and data presented by people (often american citizens) using social media. = Constitutionally protected speech
When = Pretty much since Trump won when he was expected to lose until present, with the exception of Twitter where Musk presumably stopped it

Want details? Actually read the twitter files instead of just claiming you did.

what does this have to do with white supremacy?
Don't care, you have been shoving the raft away from the dock just as hard as anyone else.

asking people not to speak is very different from "asking" people to censor.
  • Orwellian double talk
it is called rational inquiry and thinking for oneself. To censor is something you do to another, something they do not agree with.

Here is an analogy to help you: Asking someone for tea is very different from "asking" them (with a gun in your hand) to go steal someone else's tea.

Chris Swecker
No, Swecker works at Fox. Fox is a media company, not a social media company. A publisher, not a platform. If Fox hosted a forum and emails were uncovered where the DOJ was telling Swecker who to ban on that forum, that would be a violation of the 1st amendment.

If the purpose of said censorship was to subvert an election, that would (by recent precedent) be insurrection. The appropriate response would then be to exile or execute Chris Swecker and every last person in the DOJ who participated or knew without reporting.

Since you were profoundly wrong on the first name, I'll assume the same for the rest.
TWS1405_2
Debates: 4
TWS1405_2
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty

oromagi
oromagi
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Want details? Actually read the twitter files instead of just claiming you did.

In other words, you have no evidence of any particular incidence of censorship.  You are running away from any specific charge knowing that any specific claim is easily disproved.

To censor is something you do to another, something they do not agree with.
  • False.
  • censorship [noun[
  1. The use of state or group power to control freedom of expression or press, such as passing laws to prevent media from being published or propagated
  • When the expression is controlled by media, that is called editorship.  Editorship is free expression protected by the First Ammendment  The Right Wing is explictly forbidden from controlling media's editorial decisions.
Here is an analogy to help you: Asking someone for tea is very different from "asking" them (with a gun in your hand) to go steal someone else's tea.
  • Using this analogy, Twitter decides that one of its vendors is selling lawn clippings and calling it "tea."  Twitter asks the vendor to stop calling it tea.  When the vendor refuses, Twitter discontinues supply from that vendor.  No government, no guns, no theft- all that is just huffs and puffs in the QAnon hyperventilation chamber.
. Fox is a media company, not a social media company. A publisher, not a platform.
  • Show me where the US Constitution makes a distinction between publishers and platforms,
  • Explain to me how Twitter does not publish and Fox is not a platform.
If Fox hosted a forum and emails were uncovered where the DOJ was telling Swecker who to ban on that forum, that would be a violation of the 1st amendment.
  • A Forum is "A gathering for the purpose of discussion; A form of discussion involving a panel of presenters"
  • Worse than former employees getting advice, Trump actually just ordered FOX who to ban, who to promote, who to attack.
    • For example,
      • Then-President Donald Trump urged the owner of Fox News, Rupert Murdoch, to use the influence of his network to help sink the Senate candidacy of coal baron Don Blankenship in 2018, according to newly released court documents.
        Blankenship was surging in the polls in the final days of a bruising West Virginia GOP primary race, prompting concern among Trump and other Republicans that his potential victory could lead to a failed attempt to unseat incumbent Sen. Joe Manchin, a Democrat, in the general election.
        So, Trump appealed to Murdoch to ramp up the network’s criticism of Blankenship, lawyers for Dominion Voting Systems 
        said in court documents as part of a defamation lawsuit against Fox News.

If the purpose of said censorship was to subvert an election, that would (by recent precedent) be insurrection.
  • So we agree then that Trump is guilty of insurrection.
The appropriate response would then be to exile or execute Chris Swecker and every last person in the DOJ who participated or knew without reporting.
  • I'm okay with exiling Trump-  I think public execution would only give some undeserved sympathy.
While you are pussyfooting around any specific accusation, you do seem to be relying  on the Twitter files as your source.  Let's be sure to note that Matt Taibi specifically refutes your claim and your source does not back your accusation in any way.

Elon Musk tweeted that Twitter had acted "under orders from the government," though Taibbi reported that he found no evidence of government involvement in the laptop story, tweeting, "Although several sources recalled hearing about a 'general' warning from federal law enforcement that summer about possible foreign hacks, there's no evidence—that I've seen—of any government involvement in the laptop story."  His reporting seemed to undermine a key narrative promoted by Musk and Republicans that the FBI pressured social media companies to suppress the Hunter Biden laptop stories.  Musk further claimed that this content moderation violated the First Amendment. However, legal experts refuted the idea that content moderation by a private company violates the First Amendment, as it only restricts government actors.  David Loy, legal director for the First Amendment Coalition, said that Twitter is legally able to choose what speech is allowed on their site, noting that both the Biden campaign, which was not part of the government, and the Trump White House could request specific content moderation actions.
  • You believe in Elon Musk's lies even though Elon is basing his claim on Taibi and Taibi says as loud as he can  that Elon Musk is wrong and knowingly lying.  Every bit of sober, factual reporting regarding the Twitter files calls your intepretation that of the celebrity-following stooge, the resentment in search of a wrong to bitch about.

ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@oromagi
 You are running away from any specific charge knowing that any specific claim is easily disproved.
Going into details with you has proven pointless in the past. If anyone who was not part of the Biden corruption debate doubts, let me know and I will go into details for your sake.

When the expression is controlled by media, that is called editorship.
Not when the media is controlled by the government and especially not when the entity in question is not media but a platform facilitating public dialogue. Social media is analogous to fedex, not a newspaper.

• Using this analogy, Twitter decides that one of its vendors is selling lawn clippings and calling it "tea."  Twitter asks the vendor to stop calling it tea.  When the vendor refuses, Twitter discontinues supply from that vendor.  No government
Your analogy is missing the government, which is confirmed to be present.

no guns
Where there is government, there are guns.

no theft- all that is just huffs and puffs in the QAnon hyperventilation chamber.
Don't you get tired of defending insurrection? It must be such a burden to your soul.

. Fox is a media company, not a social media company. A publisher, not a platform.
  • Show me where the US Constitution makes a distinction between publishers and platforms,
The difference is in the definitions, not the constitution. A publisher is an editor exercising original speech. A platform is a facilitator offering to aid in communicating the original speech of third parties.

The government may not impede original speech in any way.
A.) It cannot order twitter to not tweet,
B.) and it cannot order users besides twitter to not tweet.
      B.i It cannot order twitter to stop users from tweeting because that is simply (B) by proxy

If the bill of rights could be skirted by annexing a private corporation there would be no bill of rights. The supreme court is not infallible, but to the extent that you have blindly appealed to its authority before, this is recognized.

Explain to me how Twitter does not publish and Fox is not a platform.
A platform is a stage like a forum in classical Rome or an Agora in classical Greece. The public are invited to come in, and once inside they engage in speech.

The owner of the forum does not own the speech, has not commissioned any particular opinion, and does not determine whether the views expressed reflect his own (are true in his opinion).

A publisher publishes, that is creates discernible units of speech over which editorial control has been (in theory) applied. Various persons may be enlisted to produce the speech, but the speech is by that token commissioned and the publisher takes responsibility for it.

This is why you can sue a newspaper but you cannot sue a forum. If laws were different they would be wrong, this is (for once) the correct analysis.

You cannot have it both ways. Someone has to 'own'/'be responsible for' the speech. Insofar as a publisher is a manufacturer of speech, it may be responsible and thereby it may choose to publish or not to publish. This is inherent in the act of soliciting expression (from a columnist for example), by asking someone to specifically write something FOR YOU they consent to not be published and you consent to take responsibility for the content.

There is no such relationship between social media companies and their users. If you wish to advance the theory that each social media user is providing solicited expressions that are owned by thesocial media company there are two consequences:
1.) The social media companies are responsible for every single thing that was said, every piece of libel, every slander, every threat, every call to violence.
2.) The social media companies are guilty of hundreds of millions of counts of fraud and should be at once nationalized to make whole the victims.

The government may not impede expression regardless of the origin. It may not censor a newspaper and it may not censor individual expression. All that I have just described can be boiled down to the obvious: People talking on social media are people talking, it isn't twitter having a conversation with itself.

Fox does not invite the general public to speak on its programming. It never airs any segment without one of its agents present or guiding. That makes it a publisher.

Twitter invites the general public and creates an implicit contract for facilitating expression via the community guidelines (or whatever they're called). They transmit speech, they don't create it. That makes them a platform.

If Fox hosted a forum and emails were uncovered where the DOJ was telling Swecker who to ban on that forum, that would be a violation of the 1st amendment.
  • A Forum is "A gathering for the purpose of discussion; A form of discussion involving a panel of presenters"
What have I ever done to give you the impression that such pathetic word games would work on me? Equivocation - the fallacy. Moving on...

Worse than former employees getting advice
Such despicable dishonesty....

• Trump actually just ordered FOX who to ban, who to promote, who to attack.
    • For example,
      • Then-President Donald Trump urged the owner of Fox News, Rupert Murdoch, to use the influence of his network to help sink the Senate candidacy of coal baron Don Blankenship in 2018, according to newly released court documents.
        Blankenship was surging in the polls in the final days of a bruising West Virginia GOP primary race, prompting concern among Trump and other Republicans that his potential victory could lead to a failed attempt to unseat incumbent Sen. Joe Manchin, a Democrat, in the general election.
        So, Trump appealed to Murdoch to ramp up the network’s criticism of Blankenship, lawyers for Dominion Voting Systems 
        said in court documents as part of a defamation lawsuit against Fox News.
Ah, so when your quote says "urged" you translate to "ordered" but when you see "flagged for removal" you think "humbly requested advice."

In all seriousness if the above was true it is too close to a violation of the 1st amendment for comfort. While it's true that Rupert Murdoch influencing fox would be acting as a publisher the mere act of being approached by the government in any form invokes the threat of force.

The government should never be getting anywhere near the subject of speech, expression, or religion in any private communications ever.

If Trump told the post office or FedEx to not deliver political mail that might help Blankenship that would be equivalent to what the FBI did at twitter. Trump would then be in a state of rebellion against the constitution of the United States of America and ought to have been exiled or executed.

Let's be sure to note that Matt Taibi specifically refutes your claim .... You believe in Elon Musk's lies even though Elon is basing his claim on Taibi and Taibi says as loud as he can  that Elon Musk is wrong and knowingly lying.
You can't even summarize your own quoted material honestly. Ignored

Every bit of sober, factual reporting....
Yea I've seen your filter at work before. if (agrees with me) return reliable; else return crackpots;
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Not when the media is controlled by the government and especially not when the entity in question is not media but a platform facilitating public dialogue. Social media is analogous to fedex, not a newspaper.
  • Obviously, FOX is many times more like a platform facilitating public dialogue than FedEx.  You are shit at anologies.  
  • Sorry, that's a lie.
  • "Taibbi reported that he found no evidence of government involvement in the laptop story, tweeting, "Although several sources recalled hearing about a 'general' warning from federal law enforcement that summer about possible foreign hacks, there's no evidence—that I've seen—of any government involvement in the laptop story."

A publisher is an editor exercising original speech.
  • False.  You fabricated your own definiton to suit your  delusion.
  • Publishing is the activity of making information, literature, music, software and other content available to the public for sale or for free.
  • "Publisher" can refer to a publishing company or organization, or to an individual who leads a publishing company, imprint, periodical or newspaper.
  • Anybody pretending that Twitter ain't a publisher is living in the QAnon bubble.
To quote the National Review:

"A number of conservatives seem wedded to the false idea that if social-media sites like Twitter act like “publishers” rather than “platforms,” they can be stripped of liability protections. Take my friend John Daniel Davidson, who writes in The Federalist: “If Twitter wants to editorialize and ‘factcheck’ President Trump’s tweets with disclaimers, then it should be treated like any other publisher.”
But it is. John makes numerous solid points about the transparently partisan and hypocritical way in which Jack Dorsey runs his business. And perhaps John believes there should be new legislation governing Internet liability. Right now, though, there’s no legal distinction between a “platform” and a “publisher” in Section 230. Twitter is already treated like every publisher.

The Wall Street Journal and New York Times are both publishers, and yet they also enjoy Section 230 protections for third-party content.  The law encourages moderation of third-party users.

Here is the relevant bit:
No provider or user of an interactive computer service shall be held liable on account of any action voluntarily taken in good faith to restrict access to or availability of material that the provider or user considers to be obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, excessively violent, harassing, or otherwise objectionable, whether or not such material is constitutionally protected.
Nowhere does Section 230 stipulate that this moderation needs to adhere to any ideological “neutrality” — a subjective, debatable and unconstitutional standard, even if it did.

The government may not impede original speech in any way.
  • False, insane.
  • The First Ammendment provides that Congress shall make no law abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press.  The  Executive and Judicial are nevertheless required to set limits on the freedom of speech, particularly when freedom of speech conflicts with other rights and protections, such as in the cases of libel, slander, pornography, obscenity, fighting words, and intellectual property
Explain to me how Twitter does not publish and Fox is not a platform.
A platform is a stage like a forum in classical Rome or an Agora in classical Greece. The public are invited to come in, and once inside they engage in speech.
The owner of the forum does not own the speech, has not commissioned any particular opinion, and does not determine whether the views expressed reflect his own (are true in his opinion).
A publisher publishes, that is creates discernible units of speech over which editorial control has been (in theory) applied. Various persons may be enlisted to produce the speech, but the speech is by that token commissioned and the publisher takes responsibility for it.
  • Both are "press" as far as the First Ammendment is concerned.  FOX is also a stage.  Twitter also publishes.  Both entities are identical according to Section 230.   Your distinction stinks because it is driven by a need to fault your enemy without acknowledging the identical sin within.
This is why you can sue a newspaper but you cannot sue a forum. If laws were different they would be wrong, this is (for once) the correct analysis.
  • False.  Ignorant. 
    • You can't sue a newspaper for factually  quoting a subject's slander any more than you can sue Twitter for quoting a subject's slander.  You can sue a newspaper for inaccurately fact checking a slander in exactly the same way you can sue Twitter for inaccurately fact checking a slander.
    • GOP Media has once again fabricated a complete nonsense for you to believe and you have once again believed it without checking with any lawyers or media experts or in fact, anybody outside of your QAnon bubble.
The government may not impede expression regardless of the origin.
  • False, extreme, delusional.
It may not censor a newspaper and it may not censor individual expression.
  • False
What have I ever done to give you the impression that such pathetic word games would work on me? Equivocation - the fallacy. Moving on...
  • I know dictionaries are such a hassle when you're trying to re-define your reality.
In all seriousness if the above was true it is too close to a violation of the 1st amendment for comfort.
  • False.  The First Ammendment does not prevent the President from making demands on media.  Journalistic ethics prevent good reporters from acquiesence to political demands.
the mere act of being approached by the government in any form invokes the threat of force.
  • Is that why you guys are always shooting up schools?
The government should never be getting anywhere near the subject of speech, expression, or religion in any private communications ever.
  • Impossible, irrational extremism.
If Trump told the post office or FedEx to not deliver political mail
  • Well, let's not forget that Trump did do  exactly that on a massive, incredibly expensive and wasteful scale, in a blatant effort to supress mail-in voters.
Trump would then be in a state of rebellion against the constitution of the United States of America and ought to have been exiled or executed.
  • Yeah, Trump's way past you, man.

ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@oromagi
  • Sorry, that's a lie.
  • "Taibbi reported that he found no evidence of government involvement in the laptop story, tweeting, "Although several sources recalled hearing about a 'general' warning from federal law enforcement that summer about possible foreign hacks, there's no evidence—that I've seen—of any government involvement in the laptop story."
Strawman, I'll let you stew and think about why. Engaging you in ever expanding posts is pointless due to your level of dishonesty. You, like DoubleR will never admit to your fallacy so long as there is anything else to focus on.

Anybody pretending that Twitter ain't a publisher is living in the QAnon bubble.
Let me know when you return to sanity, also you should stop defending insurrection.

Section 230
Irrelevant