Debates: 182
Sir.Lancelot
And you’re Roosevelt’s biggest fangirl.
Sir.Lancelot
Debates: 182
Sir.Lancelot
-->
@TWS1405_2
If you convince Mr. Roosevelt to debate you often enough, you can noob-snipe him for rating points. 
ADreamOfLiberty
Debates: 0
ADreamOfLiberty
He likely thought it was some newish or rare chemical that destroyed covid.
[IwantRooseveltagain] That’s dumb
but not unhinged. I also would note that at this time he was doing a press briefing every day on COVID situation and looked like he slept two of the past twenty four hours. Even diet pepsi has its limits....
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
So your argument is Trump is simply dumb, not unhinged?
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
The transcript was a request for an investigation, not the announcement of an investigation absent an investigation
That’s not what Trump’s ambassador Gordon Sondland said. 
Well I know how to read English so I went ahead and read the transcript without Gordon Sondland's help.

Also Biden was corrupt in exactly the way Trump had clearly been informed he was so there would be no dishonestly regardless.
That’s a lie.
It's the truth, as was discussed extensively before my latest hiatus. Evidence continues to trickle onto the pile and none of it has been debunked.

The removal of that Ukrainian official was the policy of the US State Department and our European allies 
Can't have it both ways. Either the executive branch can use congressional funding as a bargaining chip or it can't. If congress wanted to blackmail Ukraine into firing people they should write it into the bill.

[IwantRooseveltagain] So your argument is Trump is simply dumb, not unhinged?
If you're dumb enough that might be considered unhinged, but Trump is not dangerously stupid; as opposed to a third of left-tribers.
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
-->
@TheUnderdog
If you don't know by now whether you should vote for Trump or not, then you probably shouldn't vote.  I'd suggest you pay attention and become informed enough to make a decision by election time 2024.

Doubt it matters anyway,  the Trump thing is over, he can't win the nomination and even if he did, he can't win the election. 

If you want to support Trump, buy his baseball cards and/or donate to his legal defense fund.  By 2024 you might want to send him a cake with a file in it.

ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Sidewalker
If you don't know by now whether you should vote for Trump or not, then you probably shouldn't vote. 
... and you might not be black either...
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@TheUnderdog
Eh, often in politics,
I'm not weighing who I should vote for,
But who I shouldn't vote for.

I'm pretty tiffed about all the anti-gun, from the Left,
Also just laws in general,
Take knife laws for instance,
Knives are useful tools,
But there's so many d*mn laws, I'm not sure 'what the laws are.

And 'concealed? I can't wear a jacket over a knife on my belt?
But this is off topic.
. . .

Trump is getting old, and he's a bit crazy,
I'd still put some odds on him dying or getting kicked out of office,

He pushes in 'some directions I like,
Strong borders (Not your thing),
Pro Life,
Pro Gun.

Not that he as a 'person believes in all that,
But I don't need him to believe it,
I need him to act in ways that further my interest.

Which I'm conflicted on,
Supporting Russia, instead of Ukraine, 'doesn't seem to be in American interests, from my view,
Not that he'll 'necessarily do such.

Also, I worry about him triggering backlash against the directions I like, due to his incompetence and manners.
. . .

If I'm irritated about something, I might vote Trump,
If I'm cooled, I'll probably vote third party.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Lemming
Which I'm conflicted on,
Supporting Russia, instead of Ukraine, 'doesn't seem to be in American interests, from my view,
Forcing a state of rivalry with Russia after the fall of the USSR was not in humanity's interest.

There were so many opportunities to avoid this war, and the deep state carefully threaded it's way to the specific set of circumstances that caused it. Without NATO vs Russia someone like Putin probably would never have come to power. Without the coup in Ukraine even Putin probably wouldn't be given an excuse because a sane Ukrainian government (that wasn't a puppet of the deep state) would never have allowed a bunch of neonazis to roll around and post to social media while killing people.

The only sane side in this conflict is neither side. Who knows what the hell Trump would do, but Elon Musk had the right idea. Call the bluff.

Transparent and secure referendums and let everyone decide what government they prefer. The whole world needs a lot more of that, but in Ukraine it would have prevented this war and may also be the only way to permanently end it.

Keep in mind there will be no final victory until people are defeated in their heart. The insurgency will continue regardless of which side happens to call itself in control.

"American interests" Pfft

The interests of a sane and moral people do not involve blowing up gas pipelines to force your "allies" to depend on you.

Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@TheUnderdog
If you like Trump, try to convince me to vote for him.

If you don’t like Trump, try to convince me to not vote for him.
Everyone is different so just to get a sense of where you sit let me ask you this... Can you please explain how January 6th does not immediately disqualify Trump from your consideration?

Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@ILikePie5
It’s honestly a simple question. Are you better off now than you were 4 years ago?
Are you really that simple minded to think the answer to "are you better off pre pandemic or post pandemic?" is a good question to gauge whether one should vote any particular individual into office?
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
-->
@Double_R
Can you please explain how January 6th does not immediately disqualify Trump from your consideration?
Because the stock market (I own about $30,000 worth of stock) grew more under Trump than Biden.  The stock market is so bad right now it makes more economic sense to sell cocaine to a homeless man even though you might go to jail for it and forfeit all your assets.

But Jan 6 was fucked up.

I want a president that is going to reduce the debt and grow the stock market at least 10% a year.  I don't care their party.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Lemming
Strong borders (Not your thing),
Pro Life,
Pro Gun.
Strong borders is not my thing, but Biden has deported more people than Trump and that pissed me off.  I'm very pro gun; agnostic about abortion because scientists can't agree on if a zygote is a human being.

I'm pro getting involved with Ukraine's war and I think America should treat Ukraine the same way we treat South Korea.  The way this can happen is if Ukraine pays for American weapons with Ukrainian tax dollars, not America's.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@TheUnderdog
scientists can't agree on if a zygote is a human being.
Scientists know exactly what a zygote is. Problem is that you don't know what a human being is.

TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
The tax bill that President Trump signed into law in 2017 dramatically cut taxes for wealthy individuals and corporations.
Define "dramatically".  Your making it sound like the government got 50% less revenue from the wealthy.  I thought it was only like 6% less revenue.  My ideal tax code is outlined in a spreadsheet and no politician is going to get it in action.  It's below:
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
I don't think I denied that.

Is a zygote a human being?  Scientists disagree, so our laws on abortion should remain agnostic on the issue until at least 90% of scientists can figure out the same claim regarding zygote personhood.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@TheUnderdog
Is a zygote a human being?  Scientists disagree
You're missing the point. It is utterly irrelevant if scientists disagree because there is no scientific question involved.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
You're missing the point. It is utterly irrelevant if scientists disagree because there is no scientific question involved.
The scientific question is:

Is a zygote a human being?
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@TheUnderdog
The scientific question is:

Is a zygote a human being?
Why do you think that is a scientific question?

What experiment could be done (even in some distant future) that would answer that question?
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Well I know how to read English so I went ahead and read the transcript without Gordon Sondland's help.
Look, the extortion was NOT limited to that one phone call. It was an extensive campaign with Ukraine and Sondland was a key player.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
It's the truth, as was discussed extensively before my latest hiatus. Evidence continues to trickle onto the pile and none of it has been debunked.
That’s bullshit. 

Can't have it both ways. Either the executive branch can use congressional funding as a bargaining chip or it can't. If congress wanted to blackmail Ukraine into firing people they should write it into the bill.
That’s nonsense and a false equivalency. Trump was withholding military aid for help with his re-election. Biden was acting in concert with the State Department and our allies offering money to Ukraine if the took steps to address corruption in their country.

“Without pressure from Joe Biden, European diplomats, the International Monetary
Fund and other international organizations, Shokin would not have been fired, said Daria Kaleniuk, co-founder and executive director of the Anti Corruption Action Centre in Kiev”

Read this you idiot. This article is long and contains a lot of facts so it may be beyond your capabilities.

b9_ntt
Debates: 2
b9_ntt
-->
@TheUnderdog
You should not vote for Trump because he is a thoroughgoing narcissist.
He is willing to sell out his country to benefit himself. He claimed that Pence should have violated the Constitution to preserve his presidency against the will of the voters.
What else do you need to not vote for him?
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Why do you think that is a scientific question?
Because only scientists can answer it to the extent to where it can translate into law.

What experiment could be done (even in some distant future) that would answer that question?
If you come up with criteria for what counts as a human being, and whatever members of the unborn meet it are classified as human and the rest aren't.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@b9_ntt
You should not vote for Trump because he is a thoroughgoing narcissist.
Fair point, but there probably were other narcissist presidents before that people didn't take an issue with.  I think pretty much everyone that ran for public office didn't do so to make the country better; they just did it for themselves.

He claimed that Pence should have violated the Constitution to preserve his presidency against the will of the voters.
What else do you need to not vote for him?
Jan 6 was fucked up and done by the far right, but the stock market is doing very bad now under Biden.  If Biden was significantly better for the stock market, I'd vote for the guy, but mean tweets is less important to me than the stock market.  Either that, or pay off part of the US debt instead of going deeper into debt.

Trump was bad for debt payoff, so if Biden does either of the following, I'd support him:

1) Pay off part of the debt relative to when he entered the oval office
2) Create an economy to where the stock market grows at least 10% a year since he entered the oval office (or at least better than what Trump did)

The stock market is so bad right now, it makes more economic sense to sell cocaine to a homeless man even though you might go to jail for it and lose all your money.
b9_ntt
Debates: 2
b9_ntt
-->
@TheUnderdog
You are out of your mind. You would vote for an insane criminal. Game over.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
Trump was withholding military aid for help with his re-election. Biden was acting in concert with the State Department and our allies offering money to Ukraine if the took steps to address corruption in their country.
This so called difference depends entirely on an asymmetrical perception of the flow of power. You assume when the executive branch did things under Obama it represented genuine interests and when the executive branch did things under Trump it didn't. I can and will happily describe the exact inverse:

Firing prosecutors in a foreign country is no American's business. Investigating corruption of US officials is US business.

Trump's request was acting in concert with The State Department (an extension of his will as part of the executive branch so 'acting on concert with' is by definition true, if the State Department was not acting in concert with Trump they were breaking their oaths) to address corruption relevant to USA.

On the other hand Biden was withholding congressional money for personal corruption.

[IwantRooseveltagain] Read this you idiot. This article is long and contains a lot of facts so it may be beyond your capabilities.
I've gone through this situation already in great detail. I'm not interested in a rehash.

You can review how you (well 95% double R) struggled with dates and ultimately failed to hold a alternative theory together. Long story short: Nobody gave a shit before the US ambassador started complaining. US ambassador report to executive branch. Biden was the policy leader in Ukraine. The ambassador probably reported to Biden.

It is no different from Trump sending Giuliani out ahead of him. Well it's different insofar as Giuliani and Trump had an actual fish on the end of their line. Biden was extracting personal money from Ukraine.... which I guess could be called money laundering since he was also sending public money to Ukraine.

ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@TheUnderdog
If you come up with criteria for what counts as a human being, and whatever members of the unborn meet it are classified as human and the rest aren't.
"come up with criteria" isn't an experiment. It has nothing to do with science.

A scientific question would be: Does a zygote contain a complete and final set of DNA?

Or Does a zygote use phospholipids in its cell walls?

"Define human in a morally relevant way" is a ethical query that is not subject to study by the scientific method.
YouFound_Lxam
Debates: 32
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@TheUnderdog
Just to clarify, I am not a Trumper.

I only have supported Trump more than others, because I am trying to choose the best option. 

As of right now, politics, is not about picking the best person, it is about picking the least bad person.

That being said, Trump is not the best president, and is not the best man for the job either but compared to a lot of the candidates and last few presidents we have had, he is better than them.

So, if you are looking for reasons to vote for Trump, rather than the candidates that have shown up, than here is a.......couple:
  • Trump lowered taxes.
  • Cutting Regulations.
  • Ending Wars.
  • Bringing Troops home.
  • Lowering Funding to NATO, the UN, the WHO.
  • Opening opportunity programs from poverty-stricken neighborhoods. 
  • Giving low level, non-violent inmates a second chance.
  • Fixing mandatory minimums.
  • Starting a worldwide effort to stop persecution of Gays. 
  • Supporting MS-13.
  • Protecting our Borders.
  • Crusading against human and child trafficking. 
  • Bringing back manufacturing facilities.
  • Evening out our suspiciously lopsided trade tariffs.
  • Getting our soldiers, remains back from North Korea. 
  • Getting terminal patients, the right to try. 
  • Record highs in our stock market. 
  • Getting big pharma to match low prices abroad.
  • Reaching Energy Independence. 
  • Brokering Peace Deals all over the Middle East.
  • Record low Unemployment.
  • Keeping Gas and Inflation majorly down. 
  • Donating a salary to different organizations, like the ones fighting opioid addictions every quarter, and doing this for free. 

As for who I am rooting for in this next election, that would be Ron Desantis if he decides to run officially. 
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@b9_ntt
I'll let you believe that, but insults won't get me to vote against Trump.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
A scientific question would be: Does a zygote contain a complete and final set of DNA?
It does, but so does a cancer cell, so unless your arguing that cancer cells are human beings, this definition isn't good for what a human being is.

Or Does a zygote use phospholipids in its cell walls?
I'm unsure, but I don't think so.