cbdc the future currency?

Author: Melcharaz

Total: 21
Melcharaz
Debates: 6
Melcharaz
title

there seems to be some hesitancy on the u.s. part, but the dollar bill will still be used for 2023 and perhaps next year.

what are your thoughts? with cbdc's gaining traction in other nations, is the the future currency of the world? or just a push back against cryptocurrency to destablise the market?
Melcharaz
Melcharaz

Melcharaz
Melcharaz
judging from the progress and planning, i personally perdict issuing of cbdc's will be recognized world wide by 2025
sadolite
Debates: 0
sadolite
Digital currency is the end of freedom and the rise of all out tyranny. I cant believe anyone would embrace such stupidity. My opinion of course. 
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
This is a red herring. Almost all money transfers are already electronic.

Getting rid of paper means nothing, they can print the paper and they can += an integer in a computer almost as easily.

What this is meant to do is distract from cryptocurrencies which the deep state can't control or inflate.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
I have hidden cash that no one knows about. You get rid of dash there is no way to conduct any kind of transaction without asking permission from the govt. End of story. Every dollar you spend will be  monitored and recorded. You start to think wrong, and poof your money is gone just like that. How can any thinking person not see this. I know "that will never happen."
sadolite
sadolite
People who are for digital currency have clearly never tried to withdrawal a large sum of cash from the bank even with advance notice Cash that is yours, cash that you have already paid taxes on, its your fucking money. Nothing but 20 questions. Its none of your damn business what I spend my money on. I earned it  its mine and the banks and govt can suck my dick and fuck off. I of course lie.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@sadolite
I have hidden cash that no one knows about. You get rid of dash there is no way to conduct any kind of transaction without asking permission from the govt. End of story.
No, not end of story. There are cryptocurrencies like bitcoin that the government can track, but cannot steal nor inhibit. There are even better cryptocurrencies that the government cannot track, steal, or inhibit.

Your pieces of paper on the other hand, they have these printers. If they can't find any other way to get it from you they can make it worthless.
Melcharaz
Melcharaz
oh yeah, they are updating the 100$ bill in u.s. im not sure if its done yet or not.
DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
We definitely have interesting times coming our way. A lot of economists predict a full blown depression when every bubble pops. It’s probably time to start buying physical metals or something like that 😕
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
All together now. "The govt will never be able to control digital currency"
sadolite
sadolite
Those who support ending cash and implementing digital currency deserve the future they will get. That is all.
Best.Korea
Debates: 251
Best.Korea
Digital currency would be taxed just like regular currency. It would make little to no difference to the government.

The fact that people think that changing currency will fix their economy is nonsense.

Currency is not the desired product, but a means of exchange. It makes no difference to you if you buy your phone with gold, dollar or bitcoin.

Further, the government can tax you in many ways, including to make you pay in digital currency.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Best.Korea
In theory that is correct but it is to simplified. Any form of transaction currency that is 100% subject to digital storage can be erased with the click of a button. My hidden cash can never be erased so long as cash is accepted as payment. The govt can not track anything I buy with cash. People don't seem to get that digital currency will be used as a weapon against the people. Comply or lose all your money and be prohibited from buying anything in the future. I know "that would never happen"

Melcharaz
Melcharaz
-->
@DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@Melcharaz
Yep
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@sadolite
@Best.Korea
Further, the government can tax you in many ways, including to make you pay in digital currency.
Not if they don't know what you have.

Any form of transaction currency that is 100% subject to digital storage can be erased with the click of a button.
Crypto cannot be destroyed except by destroying the whole system. We must never let the government have that level of control over every computer.

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@sadolite
@ADreamOfLiberty
Hmmmmm.

There's government and then there's the faceless autonomy of material progress.

And then there's human beings and their money thing.

I would suggest turning you stash of paper into gold Mr S.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@zedvictor4
I would suggest turning you stash of paper into gold Mr S.
I finally understand a point from you, and it's right.

Crypto is better because it can't be stolen, but gold can't be devalued. Worst comes to worst you can go hide in India, Africa, South America, Indochina... ok well they seem to like gold just about anywhere. I'm saying it will buy you a hot meal so long as there are hot meals to be had.

sadolite
sadolite
-->
@zedvictor4
Gold will be worthless to me either way, you cant spend it. It must be converted to whatever currency is being used. Oh sure you will be able to find a few people that will bother with it under the table but it wont be enough.
Melcharaz
Melcharaz