The Lords Prayer

Author: Stephen

Total: 35
rosends
Debates: 0
rosends
-->
@DavidAZ
Just a quick note -- there are a variety of messianic prophecies but Judaism focuses on 4 as a start:

1. Build the Third Temple (Ezekiel 37:26-28).
  2. Gather all Jews back to the Land of Israel (Isaiah 43:5-6).
  3. Usher in an era of world peace, and end all hatred, oppression, suffering and disease. As it says: "Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall man learn war anymore." (Isaiah 2:4)
  4. Spread universal knowledge of the God of Israel, which will unite humanity as one. As it says: "God will be King over all the world – on that day, God will be One and His Name will be One" (Zechariah 14:9).

I copied from https://aish.com/why-jews-dont-believe-in-jesus/ which is a useful site as it sums up a lot of stuff.

Since
1 -- there is no third temple yet
2 -- not all Jews live in Israel
3 -- there is no world peace
4 -- humanity hasn't been united in knowledge of God

and since

Judaism has no concept of a "second coming"

We know that the promised, future king messiah has not arrived.

DavidAZ
Debates: 8
DavidAZ
-->
@Stephen
@rosends
Rosends,

Thanks for the update on my previous question!  I will look into this further and I appreciate the info.
BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@rosends

rosends,

In your post #31, and you being a Jew, you keep referring to a "God" without naming said God in showing respect to Him!  Why?  As you are aware, your serial killer God is named "Yahweh," where you ungodly use His "title as God," instead of His "name  as Yahweh" (YHWH).

Seemingly, you are still upset with the GODLY FACT that we Christians stole your Hebrew Yahweh God from you and made Him our "Jesus," since your Hebrew faith and Christianity admits there is only one God to begin with (Isaiah 44:6, 2 Peter 1:1), therefore you do not have a God anymore because Christianity now has Him because there is only ONE GOD from the Abraham foundation! LOL!  

Doing the simple math, you stated that you do not believe in a "second coming" as a Jew, whereas our God Jesus that was your God before, does believe in His return (Hebrews 9:28). Therefore, Jesus' doctrine supersedes your Hebrew doctrine now, whereas your Yahweh has left your faith and has become our God named Jesus, praise!

Remember, a "One God Concept" that both faiths accept, cannot be in two different and opposing religions at the same time, whereas our Jesus God was your former Yahweh God.  Sorry.  :(

NEXT HEBREW LIKE "ROSENDS" THAT DOESN'T HAVE A GOD ANYMORE, WILL BE ... ?

rosends
rosends
-->
@BrotherD.Thomas
You are correct - I should have referred to God as "Hashem" so I will do that in deference to your point. If anyone asks why I do that and what it means, I hope you will step in and explain.
BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@rosends

rosends,

YOUR RUNNING AWAY QUOTE FROM RESPECTING YOUR "FORMER" GOD YAHWEH:   "You are correct - I should have referred to God as "Hashem" so I will do that in deference to your point. If anyone asks why I do that and what it means, I hope you will step in and explain."

"Hashem?"  
Sounds like a prep-cook being ordered to "hash" those potatoes for breakfast!  Yeah we all know, you can't say your former gods actual name of Yahweh to allegedly guard His sanctity, so you use the silly word "Hashem" relating to the name of Yahweh.  THINK, it doesn't matter anymore because you DO NOT have Yahweh God to begin with as I explained in my post #33, of which, you RAN AWAY from its irrefutable facts pertaining to the "one god concept," therefore agreeing with said facts!  Good for you!

Look at the rewards for Jews like you in not having a Yahweh God anymore, like you don't have to bang your head upon the Wailing Wall anymore, you don't have to have beards, or wear stupid looking tight black coats and dumb looking flat rimmed black hats.  Nor do you have to kiss holy books anymore, or drink wine in the morning as part of your kiddush ceremony before a Shabbat or holiday feast, and no more rocking back and forth when you pray to a God that isn't there anymore because He turned into the Christian God! LOL!

What will you now do with your time in not having Yahweh God anymore, can you tell the membership?