what are your sources of information in the news?

Author: n8nrgim

Total: 17
n8nrgim
Debates: 0
n8nrgim
i mostly use the atlantic and new york times and PBS. the times have biases in their editorial section, but they are mostly trustworthy. i also like newsweek, time magazine. wall street journal, washington post, the economist. there are a lot more, but these come to top of mind. 

when i think of die hard trump supporters, i think of not just fox news, but a lot of random youtube videos and websites that no one's ever heard of. or random memes and hearsay that needs fact checked. i do recognize that there are educated trump supporters who know how to vouch for a source's credibility. 
Best.Korea
Debates: 270
Best.Korea
I usually get my news from Ben Shapiro and Korean Central News Agency. When I want comedy, I watch CNN.

Along with news, I seek information on the internet by reading plenty of sites.
Melcharaz
Debates: 6
Melcharaz
basically i get it from wherever in whatever im intrested in. I dont take all of what they say is true, as humanity is often ignorant or biased in information. but if any news shows a building on fire, i accept the fact a building was on fire, i disregard the rest of their info.
i dont trust humanity in general, ive come to a place where i dont really seek for information about alot of things, im content and i have peace and my future is secure, why should i worry? I care about my community and i pray for leaders (when i think about it) other than that im basically a hermit.
short answer, bible.
YouFound_Lxam
Debates: 32
YouFound_Lxam
I get my information from Ben Shapiro, Matt Walsh (who is very biased but sometimes speaks facts), Brett Cooper, Jordan B. Peterson, Michal Knowles, Candace Owens, and Andrew Klavan.

Basically the entire Daily Wire News team. 

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
You should also tune into PBS and NPR to make sure you know what the official government propaganda is.
DavidAZ
Debates: 8
DavidAZ
Local talk radio for me.  Sometimes I listen to NPR so I can know my enemies. :)  I get Epoch news on the computer.
SkepticalOne
Debates: 9
SkepticalOne
-->
@n8nrgim
I listen to briefings from NPR, BBC, and CNN in the mornings and supplement with New York times. Sometimes I watch the local evening news.
Elliott
Elliott
BBC
Financial Times
Independent
Guardian
PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
I don't even keep up with it other than some newsletter called the 1440 which seems to be the only completely unbiased news source I can find. 
PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@Elliott
News from the BBC huh? ;)
Elliott
Elliott
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
News from the BBC huh? ;)
Yes, it’s a primary news source here in the UK.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
BBC is the same state funded propaganda as NPR.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
I am sure many Russians still get their news from Pravda too, even though it ended in 1991.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@zedvictor4
The BBC are simply PR firms who push rubbish government policies, create stories to insinuate, incite, to pop ideas into people's heads. Take for instance, BBC reports over Hong Kong 2019 riots, they were largely based on zero facts from the ground, were largely one sided, biased, even to this day, the BBC still calls those responsible for extreme violence in Hong Kong 2019 riots as peaceful ‘pro-democracy’ protesters, despite their actions in Hong Kong during 2019 contradict everything that is democracy.
  1. The Pro-Independence HK protesters, denied other Hong Kong people the freedom to voice their opposition to them, resulting in many brawls in the streets on Hong Kong, which many innocent Hong Kong people were viciously attacked by these violent groups who were obviously backed by the US government via National Endowment For Democracy.
  2. Anyone who didn't show their support, were verbally, physically attacked by these violent groups in HK.
  3. They set a man on fire in broad daylight
  4. They also killed a old street cleaner on his lunch break simply for just filming them
  5. They harass any journalist who is filming them committing any crimes, who isn't within their own group.
  6. They threw petrol bombs at HK police stations all around Hong Kong
  7. They trashed & vandalized many shops, stores
  8. They intimidated many innocent people & businesses
  9. They viciously attacked any vehicle drivers at road blocks who challenged them
  10. They try to use a suicide of a young teen as their excuse for HK police brutality when there was no connection at all
  11. They all completely ignore the fact the extradition Bill was all because of a murder in Taiwan by a Hong Kong Citizen, so they're all protecting this criminal from facing charges in Taiwan
  12. They violently attack HK police officers & even tried on several occasions to snatch their guns from them
  13. They create fake stories about deaths at HK MTR, which can easily be proven as a blatant lie by those Pro-independence extremists.
  14. A HK police officer even had his finger bitten off & would require life time of medication due to this serious injury
  15. One of their 5 demands was to allow unconditional release of all extremists who were arrested for breaking HK Basic Laws. Which in any other country would be seen as absurd, yet not so for the BBC. Simply because its serves BBC’s agenda against China, which just so happens to fall in line with current UK China policy. Coincidence or blind luck? I think not. Anyone who knows foreign policy, knows that the UK always almost all the time follows US foreign policy like a dog. I have nothing against British people, it's the crony govt, their crony media which I hate, including the crony propaganda machines of America.

IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
I'm used to check BBC, but as it's a european media it's always biased to the left wing, so I take it with a grain of salt.

I've been checking other sources too, especially independent ones in YouTube. It's highly recommended to have several sources of information and contrast with one another.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Greyparrot
If you like.

Though I never mentioned the BBC.

I watch very little TV, and never watch News on TV.

And for sure, news is propaganda, always was always will be.

Just look at all the nonsense that gets posted online.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@zedvictor4
all good points