Conservatives should look to Ron Desantis instead of Donald Trump.

Author: YouFound_Lxam

Total: 51
YouFound_Lxam
Debates: 32
YouFound_Lxam
I have been doing some research and thinking lately, and as you all probably know, most of the Presidential candidates today, are not good. None of them are good, Democrat or Republican. Everyone nowadays votes on who is the least bad and least damaging rather than who is the best suited for the job. 

Our politics have become a laughingstock, as celebrities are taking control over our country, running for president, and some of them even winning. 
Now I have defended Trump a lot, and for good reason too. Trump made a lot of stupid and dumb decisions as our president. He did not handle Covid well at all. He did not do well, when it came to closing his mouth. He also did a lot of other bad things. But in the end, he made our economy slightly better, and put certain bills into effect that I agreed with, which led to me supporting him. 

But now Trump has fallen off. He is running again in 2024 and it is likely that he will not win against Biden. Trump has not only not done a good job with his new campaign but has also taken massive shots at other Republican candidates who are either thinking of running for president or have announced they are running for president. 

Just recently, Donald Trump was bashing in Ron Desantis and calling him names, and trying to attack him. All the while, Ron kept his mouth shut, and was very mature and leader like throughout the whole situation. 
Then Trump is threatened with this new investigation, about him "allegedly" committing a crime. 
After this, Trump goes to other Republican candidates and basically tells them that if they don't speak out against this, then they are not truly Republicans. Now with Trumps massive fan base, this led Trump fans to push this onto other Republican candidates, including Ron Desantis. 

Ron Desantis responded with he thinks the situation is very stupid and wrong but has not jurisdiction to do anything about it. Trump fans were enraged by this and started to smash Ron Desantis, even though Trump was attacking him just a week earlier, then demanding for Ron to help him. 

This situation has made Trumps fan base go way down, and Rons fan base go way up.

Ron Desantis in general has a clean record, handles the lefts biggest weapon (the media) with ease, is very smart when it comes to policy, has very leader like qualities, and best of all, has made actual changes to Florida that most conservatives would like to see happen across the country, including making it illegal for teachers to indoctrinate children in the 3rd grade or lower, protecting our 2nd amendment rights and much more. 

I am not a fan of Ron Desantis myself, because I still need more information about him, and I need to see more from him, but from what I can see right now, if he runs for president in 2024, he has my election, and I urge other Republicans to think about it and do their own research. 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
That's the trouble.

If you're a dyed in the wool Conservative Republican, you'll have to vote for whosoever's name ends up on the ballot paper.

But hey, conservatism is as conservatism does.

How conservative do you want things?

If it's simply all about the contentiously contradictory pro-guns, pro-life and anti-choice stuff then Ron's perhaps your man.

Though as I see it, a President should be the global representative of all Americans, rather than someone who dictates a one sided domestic agenda.

Best.Korea
Debates: 268
Best.Korea
I wouldnt discard Trump for Ron. Trump did a lot of good things and Trump learns from mistakes. I believe Trump can beat Biden now and end the war in Ukraine.

I agree with Ron on many things, but he was not very strict on LGBT.

Trump did a lot for the economy, for crisis in Ukraine, for peace with North Korea. He made a mistake with covid, but its not like he could close USA like China closed itself. Its unrealistic to think that covid would have been easily solved by someone else in charge.
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
I like DeSantis.  If it’s Biden v Trump, I’m not voting.  If it’s Biden vs DeSantis, I’m going for DeSantis.  DeSantid balanced the budget in a state with no income tax.  DrSantis isn’t a hypocrite.  Trump is; he accused DeSantis of being a grommer but he has 26 sexual assault allegations, some being as extreme as rape.  I’m not saying they are right, but if there are 26 of them (and none for Mike Pence), they should be looked into and if Trump is a rapist, he deserves death.  But DeSantis is based.
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
He did not handle Covid well at all.
I’m glad your criticizing Trump when you think he deserves it.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Best.Korea
I agree with Ron on many things, but he was not very strict on LGBT.
He was extremely strict on LGBT.

He is the first governor to make a bill that bans the teaching of LGBT to kids 3rd grade and below.
He stopped the indoctrination of little kids and gave parents the rights to their kids education back. 

DavidAZ
Debates: 8
DavidAZ
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
I think has been set in a terrible light from the media and had been dubbed "toxic".  Trump is a loud mouth, yes, and he also is not a fiscal conservative, but I really think he has the ability to do a lot of good for the country.  I say this because the system and media is still trying to slander him and destroy him.  It says to me that they are afraid of him.  They don't bash Niki Hailey or DeSantis nearly as much or really at all.  
IwantRooseveltagain
Debates: 0
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
He stopped the indoctrination of little kids and gave parents the rights to their kids education back. 
But what if kids have stupid parents like you? Then you have stupid adults raising stupid children. Right?

Is there any organization that indoctrinates children more than the Christian Church? They start teaching these kids this nonsense because no adult would ever choose to start following religion unless they were going through some kind of personal crisis. How old were you when you first went to church? Didn’t you feel indoctrinated?

DavidAZ
Debates: 8
DavidAZ
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
@YouFound_Lxam
They start teaching these kids this nonsense because no adult would ever choose to start following religion unless they were going through some kind of personal crisis. How old were you when you first went to church? Didn’t you feel indoctrinated?
Looks like IwantRooskie is crying about his time as a child.  This tells me the problem was not the church, but rather the parents.  

Tell us about your parents, Rooskie.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@DavidAZ
He was probably indoctrinated by Disney
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
He is the first governor to make a bill that bans the teaching of LGBT to kids 3rd grade and below.
So they can teach it at fourth grade. I am gonna need more than that.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Just take a look at everything Trump did to stop LGBT.
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@DavidAZ
Looks like IwantRooskie is crying about his time as a child.  This tells me the problem was not the church, but rather the parents.  
His delivery can be pretty terrible and unproductive, but he is absolutely making a valid point. It never ceases to amaze me hearing right wingers who  constantly put religion at the forefront of our politics accuse the left of indoctrination. No adult would believe the nonsense religions teach if they were not taught it from childhood, the only way religion survives is through indoctrination.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Double_R
the only way religion survives is through indoctrination.
Religion comes to humans even without indoctrination. LGBT religion came pretty quickly to atheists. Remove Christianity and you end up having worse and worse ideas spread around.

A girl can love a girl. (Okay?)
A boy can be a girl. (Well, this is getting akward)
A person can be anything they want to be. (Cool?)
A person can be a fox. (Wait...what?...)
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Best.Korea
Not all heroes wear capes, not all cultists wear crosses.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Best.Korea
He is pushing for a bill that will ban it for K-12 as well.

But in general, at this point we are looking for the least bad person to lead, not the best, and by far, DeSantis (I think) has done a lot for the conservative movement. 

Just take a look at everything Trump did to stop LGBT.
What did he do. 

He made speeches about how bad it was. He never put anything into effect for it. A lot of what Trump did during his presidency was a lot of talk and no action. Not to say he didn't do a lot, because he did do great as a president. 

YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Double_R
His delivery can be pretty terrible and unproductive, but he is absolutely making a valid point. It never ceases to amaze me hearing right wingers who  constantly put religion at the forefront of our politics accuse the left of indoctrination.
You could also argue that the LGBTQ+ movement is a religious movement. 
And most leftists put that at the forefront of our politics as well. 

The difference is that you can't have a functioning society without the idea of a God. 
God is what keeps everything in line, so theoretically even if God didn't exist, the mere idea of him would help society amazingly.

The USA constitution was founded on Christianity and Freedom, and we became the most successful country in the world because of that. 

No adult would believe the nonsense religions teach if they were not taught it from childhood, the only way religion survives is through indoctrination.
Then where did the idea of God come from in the first place?

People always ask, what is the meaning in the universe, and atheists say there is no meaning.
But the fact that we can even ask that question proves that a purpose exists.

C.S. Lewis says it best:
"If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning.
Just as if there were no light in the universe, then therefore no creatures with eyes, we should never know it was dark."

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
No, that’s false.

The difference is that you can't have a functioning society without the idea of a God.
Only in a society of illiterate peasants, which is how religion got started in the first place.

theoretically even if God didn't exist, the mere idea of him would help society amazingly.
theoretically? That’s exactly what happened when societies began to form. The rulers used the concept of God to give themselves legitimacy and to keep the ignorant masses in line.

The USA constitution was founded on Christianity
That’s nonsense. Where are you getting that idea from?

From ignorant, illiterate, superstitious people thousands of years ago.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
No, that’s false.
How so? What makes it different?

Only in a society of illiterate peasants, which is how religion got started in the first place.
But America became a thriving society, with the idea of Christianity and Freedom. 

theoretically? That’s exactly what happened when societies began to form. The rulers used the concept of God to give themselves legitimacy and to keep the ignorant masses in line.
God does exist. But even if he didn't this would still keep society together. America doesn't use Christianity to control, because we also promote religious freedom, so no one is forced into it. 
But just the idea of it keeps everyone happy and nice. 

That’s nonsense. Where are you getting that idea from?
Read a history book dumbass. 

From ignorant, illiterate, superstitious people thousands of years ago.
But it helped to make thriving civilizations. 

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
He made speeches about how bad it was. He never put anything into effect for it.

Trump did a lot. Trump would do even more than whats in this link, but president of USA does not have the ultimate power and cannot pass laws without congress.
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Then by all means, support your assertion.

What are the key characteristics of a religious movement and how does the LGBTQ movement qualify?

And most leftists put that at the forefront of our politics as well. 
No, most leftists put standing up for marginalized communities at the forefront of their politics. The only reason we spend half the time we do talking about the LGBTQ community is because of the political right's obsession with this.

God is what keeps everything in line, so theoretically even if God didn't exist, the mere idea of him would help society amazingly.
This isn't just illogical nonsense, it's demonstrably false.

From our fear of our own mortality combined with our narcism.

YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Double_R
Then by all means, support your assertion.

What are the key characteristics of a religious movement and how does the LGBTQ movement qualify?
Religion: "a particular system of faith and worship:"

Now a God in this instance doesn't have to be a literal God in the sense of an omnipotent being. It just has to be a belief in a personal God. 
God doesn't have to be a being. It can be whatever you worship in your life. 

For the LGBTQIA+ movement, they have faith in the idea that a man can be a woman, and vice versa. They also have faith that it is ok for a man to be intimate with a man and a woman with a woman. They worship the trans-ideology, and the ideology itself is their God.

It is a belief in something that is not supported by science or biology. 

No, most leftists put standing up for marginalized communities at the forefront of their politics.
What are they doing about our borders? Or our homeless? Or our people in general?
No, they are too busy letting people flood our borders, and giving money to help start WWIII.

The only reason we spend half the time we do talking about the LGBTQ community is because of the political right's obsession with this.
Uhhhhhhhhhh...................who started this whole thing again? 

This isn't just illogical nonsense, it's demonstrably false.

From our fear of our own mortality combined with our narcism.
Where did our morality come from?
cristo71
Debates: 1
cristo71
-->
@DavidAZ
 They don't bash Niki Hailey or DeSantis nearly as much or really at all.
I’ve seen quite a bit of coverage of DeSantis— all of it negative. The media fear of a DeSantis presidency is definitively there, especially for a person who has not even declared yet.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
From our fear of our own mortality combined with our narcism
I would think an atheist would be the proud one and the religious person the humble one.

God probably was a construct to explain the vestigial hierarchical herd instincts developed over millions of years of evolution, much in the same way as the Bible was constructed to explain entropy and natural chaos and suffering.
FLRW
FLRW
Before his death at the age of 76 on March 14, 2018, Stephen Hawking was generally considered one of the smartest people on Earth. He was a world-famous theoretical physicist and cosmologist who received many honors for his work in the field of cosmology, quantum physics, black holes, and the nature of spacetime.
So, when Hawking said that God didn't exist and added the sentence "I am an atheist” to that statement, the world took notice.

So essentially Double_R thinks like Stephen Hawking and Greyparrot thinks like Joel Osteen.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
You essentially didn't read the post above yours.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Greyparrot

Sorry, you are right, I should have said BdotK  thinks like Joel Osteen.
b9_ntt
Debates: 2
b9_ntt
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
If Trump is right about 2020, he is ineligible for 2024.
The 22nd amendment to the US Constitution says,
"No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice .... "
Note that the text says "elected" not "served."
If you agree that Trump won in 2020, then he is definitely prohibited from running again.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@b9_ntt
I have my own opinions on the 2020 election, but overall, biden won and served and it's in the history books. Whether it was fair or not, I can not say, but Biden was elected, not Trump. Therefore he is eligible to run in 2024.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Trump is a known entity who doesn’t have the backing of the Bush/Cheney wing of the GOP. Trump over DeSantis any day. But if DeSantis is the nominee, I will gladly vote for him. If I were Ron DeSantis I would wait, not risk tanking my political career. Hell I would openly ask to be VP