If only Stephen would become a Theist, I could agree with him in almost every way.

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 74
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@Mopac
You don't really understand my beliefs, nor do you understand the Orthodox faith is or what it teaches. 

You lot just cannot help yourselves, can you. It is ALWAYS and without exception, the other person who "doesn't understand", not once in your  haughty arrogance would you even consider that you and your teachers could just possibly be wrong, EVER!

I am reminded of Jesus to the false priests of the temple:

Matthew 16:3 And in the morning, ‘It will be foul weather today, for the sky is red and lowering.’ O ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky, but can ye not discern the signs of the times?

You really are laughable , Mopac
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Stephen
 i wrote:
in case your wondering, i prefer to consider them pure fictions.

Stephen wrote

I wasn't wondering.  And I have never said otherwise.

I just thought you might want to accuse me of not having a view. :)

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@keithprosser
I just thought you might want to accuse me of not having a view. :)

Why would I? You have made your " views" extremely plain. You don't believe in a Jesus that performed miracles - neither do I.

But you are not always  as forthcoming on other matters where answers have to be prised out of you. You may get a high from that , but whatever peels your banana , I suppose.

Why should you have to keep repeating yourself, like you often cause me to have to do. Such as above. I made my position on Jesus and the scriptures very clear on many occasions from day one, but it doesn't seem to stop you or others continually asking my stance on these matters..

I am not religious. I believe these biblical characters existed. I don't accept the bible as it has come down to us - The New Testament in particular. The Old Testament is a book of the historical wars of "gods" and men. It is also about right to rule and bloodlines.  Jesus didn't perform a single "miracle". he was building a movement to take on the Romans to deliver ISRAEL from the Roman yoke. The gospelers are hiding facts or they were simply ignorant of the facts i.e. there is a more complete story below the surface of the scriptures. Jesus was alive when they took him from the cross. he was revived in the tomb by his close and secret  disciples/ handlers and his brother James also had a claim to the throne. 

Maybe I should prefixe all my responses and replies with  all the above bold? what do you think?

And Jesus believed it was his turn to rule because "it is written" by the signs in the sky  which is exactly what happened hundreds of thousands of years before when a mesopotamian lord believed his sign had come around and it was his time to rule and that caused a massive war too.

AND it hasn't stopped since, keith, it continues to this very day.

Anyway. I am still wondering why someone would dedicate a thread to me personally?  It is the second time this has happened - https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/399

And I am wondering if this is a direct personal attack on me and my opinions or they are simply curious as to where I actually stand ? God knows how many times I have made my position clear but it seems that people believe by asking the same questions they will somehow miraculously get a different answer.
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Mopac
Considering he now preaches a whole new set of beliefs himself he barely gets his own faith. If he even has any. 
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Stephen
God knows how many times I have made my position clear
Evidently 'zero'.   You may have thought you made it clear, but that isn't the same thing.

btw: it's never the audience's fault if they don't 'get it' - it just means you have to try harder next time.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Considering he now preaches a whole new set of beliefs himself he barely gets his own faith. If he even has any. 

Make your mind up Witch !!!!

You have just said this on another thread:; Post 27

At least you finally admit you are an atheist. Lying pig scum

Stephen
Stephen
 it's never the audience's fault if they don't 'get it' -

I don't agree but your comment is a fair comment.
 Does this qualify my point and stance.

I am not religious. I believe these biblical characters existed. I don't accept the bible as it has come down to us - The New Testament in particular. The Old Testament is a book of the historical wars of "gods" and men. It is also about right to rule and bloodlines.  Jesus didn't perform a single "miracle". he was building a movement to take on the Romans to deliver ISRAEL from the Roman yoke. The gospelers are hiding facts or they were simply ignorant of the facts i.e. there is a more complete story below the surface of the scriptures. Jesus was alive when they took him from the cross. he was revived in the tomb by his close and secret  disciples/ handlers and his brother James also had a claim to the throne.  

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Stephen
Believe it or not this comment was not about you. Get off the cross, someone needs the wood. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
someone needs the wood. 

Luv it.

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Stephen
#metoo
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@Stephen
Yeeeeeeah, except you don't understand my beliefs or my faith.

No turning that around, you are the one being haughty.

Sorry your pride doesn't allow you to be wrong.

Stephen
Stephen
Yeeeeeeah, except you don't understand my beliefs or my faith.

I have not or ever have, tried to understand your beliefs. I don't care about your beliefs. That is not the reason I am here. 

It is the scriptures that I discuss and my own beliefs as to why I believe they are unreliable, ambiguous, half stories that make no sense. It is up to you if you choose to debunk and contradict my beliefs,  views and opinions WITH SUPPORTING EVIDENCE to the contrary, you clown.

No turning that around, you are the one being haughty.

Nothing haughty about my opinions , you clown. I have had to make my stance on these scriptures clear on many occasions , because clowns like you cannot even understand or  accept the way I see and read these gospel stories.

You are welcome to debunk and disagree with me, but you never do, with supporting evidence. What you do is continually repeat your boring, nauseating and tedious mantra. 

Sorry your pride doesn't allow you to be wrong.

I will always admit when I belive I am wrong but  not simply because you say I am wrong. You are a fawning sycophant  clown who is simply  incapable of working anything out for yourself and are totally reliant on the words of your "elders" who have led you by the hooter from the day you were born. I won't say I feel sorry for you, because I don't. It is the generations to come that I feel sorry for. Those who are going to have there minds poisoned and taken over by religious and devious clowns such as yourself . You believe the church has all the answers- to everything. It doesn't. You are a hypocrite.

So once again:

I am reminded of Jesus to the false priests of the temple:

Matthew 16:3 And in the morning, ‘It will be foul weather today, for the sky is red and lowering.’ O ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky, but can ye not discern the signs of the times?

You really are laughable , Mopac

Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@Stephen

If you were humble, you would ask the rightful interpreters of scripture to teach you about it.

Instead, you lean on your own understanding.

The church simply doesn't believe the things you say, and it is our scripture, not yours. You are arrogant if you think you can overthrow 2000 years of tradition.

Your words are backed with no authority. You are like a little yappy chihuahua.

Stephen
Stephen
If you were humble, you would ask the rightful interpreters of scripture to teach you about it.Instead, you lean on your own understanding.

I do. Because I haven't seen or heard any logical or rational explanations for   anything I have raised concerning these  unreliable, ambiguous, half stories that make no sense. 

The church simply doesn't believe the things you say, 

So?  Am I supposed to be wounded and hurt because "the church" doesn't believe me?    LISTEN!, I don't give a flying fig whether " the church" believes me or not. It is their job to convince me contrary to what I believe, you clown , if they care too. They haven't managed that yet, because I answer back and question and investigate. I wouldn't just sit there and soak it all up and accept it all as "gospel truth". And you have no chance of doing so while you never even try to answer my queries.

and it is our scripture, not yours.

Grow up

You are arrogant if you think you can overthrow 2000 years of tradition.
 Behave yourself. These unreliable, ambiguous, half stories "overthrow" and contradict themselves every other verse. This is where you have to then totally rely on faith and the words of your leaders <<<<<< see that word - to accept them as truth. They are NOT TRUTH? 

So you tell me, after OVER "2000 years" have you worked out how Jesus turned water into wine?  NO YOU HAVEN'T, HAVE you clown? and neither have those clown elders have they?

Your words are backed with no authority.

That's debatable, and depends on what you recognise as "authority". I know I am better read in these scriptures than you are or ever will be.. And many things that I belive are backed up by academicis, scholars and extremely well educated  authors. Unlike you, who relies on ever changing interpretations of words and whole verses in the scriptures where lies and deceit have become the norm in trying to explain away these unreliable, ambiguous, half stories

You are like a little yappy chihuahua.
Try listening to yourself you clown.