Afroman has his home raided by police and then the police sue him for bitching about it publicly

Author: PREZ-HILTON

Total: 10
PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
For anyone who doesn't know. The rapper afroman has a frivolous warrant executed on him for kidnapping and drugs. The cops do a no knock warrant for some reason thinking somebody who makes millions from music is also a drug deal and apparently a human trafficker all based off of a random tip so probably an anonymous email or something. 

Anyway afroman uses his home surveillance system to record them and basically makes an entire album's worth of songs based on that one raid. 

The cops are suing based on the fact they say their reputations were harmed and their feelings are hurt. Before you feel sorry for these guys though, you should know 3 things.

1. They were searching for the kidnap victim under couch cushions and in jacket pockets. Not joking 

2. The money they seized they claimed was miscounted so they returned about $400 less to him than they seized.

3. This is the most incriminating part. They actually were cutting his camera feed. If these cops weren't doing anything wrong, no way in hell do the cut the camera feed. 

RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
Remind us of this when you put your racist anti-BLM cap back on, or is it MAGA? I am unsure.

Sir.Lancelot
Debates: 182
Sir.Lancelot
uh oh

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Yep.

Angelic Afroman.

Evil Cops.

Typically unbiased reporting I'm sure.
Best.Korea
Debates: 271
Best.Korea
"Colt 45"
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@zedvictor4
They cut off the footage. That is a confession. Innocent people don't engage in cover ups bottom line
ADreamOfLiberty
Debates: 0
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
They cut off the footage. That is a confession. Innocent people don't engage in cover ups bottom line
No public servant has any right to privacy while acting under color of law or duty. They should always be recorded in every way possible for every moment of their duty. Now that technology makes it possible to record their entire time on duty it should be mandatory to the point that if they ever enter a state of non-surveillance they lose all pretense of executing official duties.

i.e. they enter a house on an arrest warrant, and they turn off a shoulder cam, they just committed the crime of breaking and entering. They touch a person while the camera is off, they've just committed assault.

Anyone who disagrees is a police-state simp and a traitor to the ideals of the American revolution regardless of their professed intention.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Now that technology makes it possible to record their entire time on duty it should be mandatory to the point that if they ever enter a state of non-surveillance they lose all pretense of executing official duties.
Maybe not that far LOL. For one they should be able to take a shit without having the camera on, plus how do you expect them to look the other way at people they walk in on fucking dogs, if they have a camera on ? 

Society is pretty far from libertarian so you need to give the cops some leeway with the cameras, but yes I agree they should be on most of the time. 
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
Remind us of this when you put your racist anti-BLM cap back on, or is it MAGA? I am unsure.
Why can't I just be anti woke bullshit while simultaneously being  pro black? 

If I was president of the United States, I would wait for a down economy and then the first thing Ii would do is give blacks reparations. To be fair that isn't so much about making up for the harm of slavery as it is removing every reason they have to bitch about their life sucking as I can think of. 

Straight up. Give every black person in America $100,000 while simultaneously cutting all food stamps and welfare to make up for the costs
ADreamOfLiberty
Debates: 0
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Maybe not that far LOL. For one they should be able to take a shit without having the camera on, plus how do you expect them to look the other way at people they walk in on fucking dogs, if they have a camera on ? 
1) Privacy and unfalsifiable records are two different things (thanks to public private encryption algorithms).

The camera can record and simultaneously encrypt the data such that it can be verified that it was indeed on during a period while the key to actually view what happened requires a court order.

2.) Taking a shit is not executing official duties. If an arrest must happen during excretion the camera needs to be on.

3.) People who fuck dogs (or humans) shouldn't let cops into the house during coitus. It would be a good reminder to the citizen that there are no such things as off-the-record conversations with agents of the state. In fact having a guaranteed recording would increase the rationality of answering questions since there would be less fear that the cop is dirty and would lie about what was said.