Goodbye DART

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 28
RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
It was fun while it las-
na, it was stressful and addictive.

But fuck me, it was an emotional journey few can fathom a simple tiny website could give you. This trained my brain in multiple ways. Thanks for that.

Wylted, you are a prick I have no respect for but I was truly outplayed by you in that election by your slimeball dogshit strategy and I thank you for humbling me. You are a force to be reckoned with not because you are smart but because you see things others don't, you see logic where others see chaos and mystery. You must have had an interesting brain to experience in life, fellow madman.

Barney, you are the true alpha male of this website, even Wylted knows it and is working well with you I see.

The rest of you were not worth mentioning, know that and earn your relevance. Good luck.
Best.Korea
Debates: 270
Best.Korea
I wish you good luck.
PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
I really hope you do a deep dive into stoicism or cbt to deal with some of your issues and come back better than ever in a while.

Good luck
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
I just noticed the seppuku tag. Is this a suicide note?
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@RationalMadman
Ta ta.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Probably not. He also posted a message on his profile page, saying that he is leaving the site because he cant noob snipe anymore.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
Then they fucked me over twice in an election, then the owner returned to do the most shit update he could have to the rating system and cucked all us noobsnipers. It catapulted me to the ending you see now.
I don't hate anyone here, I think most are pathetic lonely souls like I was. I will always love online debating as a part of my life that truly fulfilled me, despite how toxic the community of it treated me. It was the shit I thrived in, stinky and out-of-the-anus as that shit may be. I bid you farewell, shitstains.
Well, that sums it up.

FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@RationalMadman

Dasvidaniya
Sir.Lancelot
Debates: 182
Sir.Lancelot
There is no one to stop us now. 
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Sir.Lancelot
We will bring peace and stability to our new empire!
Sir.Lancelot
Sir.Lancelot
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Our vision of peace and stability is a little different. 

RMM thought this site was toxic now? 
This is just the beginning. 
Savant
Debates: 23
Savant
-->
@RationalMadman
You def earned a spot in the Dart HOF. Hope to see you here again!
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@RationalMadman
I debated whether to respond to this post, and I suspect if you're still here to read this, you care little if I do. You've made no secret of your frustrations and disdain for me, so I wouldn't need another post to understand how you view me at this stage. I guess I appreciate that I'm now lumped into "irrelevance" instead, though given how personally you've taken some of what I've said (and haven't said) to you, I suspect that your views are a bit more pointed. That's fine. I'm not seeking clarification of any kind. I don't claim absolute innocence, either, though you've attributed a degree of malice to some of my actions that I have consistently found baffling.

As for my perspective, I'll admit, I'm disappointed to see you leave. We've had our differences, which have gotten worse since the election. I'm not going to spend this space airing those or other grievances. Still, believe it or not, I've respected much of what you did over the years, especially when it was constructive. I voted for you in the election because I felt you had genuinely good ideas for improving the site, and just stepping up and trying to do something is worth a lot in my book. You charted your own course in debates and, though it wasn't always to your advantage, your wide variety of tactics always made your debates among the most investing of reads. I don't think you agreed with more than 1 of my votes against you, but that's fine, too - I've disagreed with plenty of voters' decisions here and elsewhere. I hope wherever you go that you continue to improve your debating and keep innovating.

More importantly, I hope wherever you go you're happy. It became clear to me over the last few months that you've been very unhappy here, and honestly, I don't know what made you want to stay in a place that frustrated you so much. I hope you'll take the time to destress and find something that is genuinely fulfilling for you.
blamonkey
Debates: 24
blamonkey
-->
@RationalMadman
It was fun! 
I hope you come back one day refreshed and ready for another debate.
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
-->
@RationalMadman
I wish you the best of luck, wherever your travels may take you.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
Adios
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
This is a call out thread
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@bmdrocks21
I know. I thought about that also. I am not going to push the issue though
Sir.Lancelot
Sir.Lancelot
-->
@Mps1213
What do you think?
Mps1213
Debates: 11
Mps1213
-->
@Sir.Lancelot
It’s funny he thinks we need to earn our relevance to him as if it matters. He’s just some weird guy on the internet who tries to act philosophical when he really isn’t. 
sadolite
sadolite
You will be back, you don't just quit DART. 
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
I remember when he pretend left before. I’m not sure if it was some stunt to get the DART award for X amount of likes on a post or if he decided against it after the fact.

But I remember the incredible outpouring of support he received from basically everyone active on the site.

Looking at these comments and the zero likes he got, it’s crazy to see just how a few years utterly ruined his goodwill with the DART community.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
If you are still hanging around the site... Could you unblock me? I don't even remember what I did that got me blocked.

11 days later

TWS1405_2
Debates: 4
TWS1405_2
Just saw this…and now I know why RM was so quiet. 
Oh well. His loss.
Hope the proverbial door didn’t hit him on his way out. LOL!!!!

9 days later

Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
You probably will not see this and I know I am extremely late, but your presence on this site has meant a lot to the growth of it. Hope you achieve peace.

12 days later

thett3
Debates: 2
thett3
RM should come back
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@thett3
Amen
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@thett3
RM should come back

Yeah he always did, but this time he lost the vote, so it may be harder for his ego to over.

Similar thing with 3Ru7al, when he lost the vote, he went away and never came back, except very briefl

Rat-man had pros and cons.  If he hadnt blocked me for a year, I probably would have voted for him. I think he asked who I was voting for and I remminded him that he had blocked me for a year. Suddenly I he wasnt blocking me anymore. I put 2 and 2 together cause he never stated anything to me about unblocking me.

Too many sour pickles on his plate is why he lost.