Now a shooting in Louisville. Crime in Red states is out of control

Author: IwantRooseveltagain

Total: 86
IwantRooseveltagain
Debates: 0
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Bella3sp
You’re missing the point. Finding ways to reduce deaths doesn’t have to prevent all deaths to be valuable.

We put a fence around a pool to help prevent one way babies can tragically die.

We should ban assault weapons to help prevent one way people can tragically die. Just because people will still get killed by handguns isn’t a reason to not ban assault weapons which have no practical use in society.
Bella3sp
Debates: 53
Bella3sp
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
No. Guns make killing easy. Some would be murderers are not physically or mentally capable of killing by other means. Pulling a trigger is a lot easier than strangling someone, for example.
I guess I can see that, but if someone wants to kill another are they willing to go to such lengths?

I guess this depends being there are many other ways that don't even involve blood which many people could be mentally capable, especially since it doesn't involve any type of gore.
Bella3sp
Bella3sp
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
You’re missing the point. Finding ways to reduce deaths doesn’t have to prevent all deaths to be valuable.
That's true, but that doesn't mean it's preventing deaths? Like I said, people will find another way to kill. 

Guns can even be banned but they'll find ways to illegally get them. 

We put a fence around a pool to help prevent one way babies can tragically die.
I'm not going to keep repeating myself other than this once, I'm not going to be talking about an example comparing two different things. 

We should ban assault weapons to help prevent one way people can tragically die. Just because people will still get killed by handguns isn’t a reason to not ban assault weapons which have no practical use in society.
Good point. But i've already answered this above. 
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Bella3sp
Automatic weapons are banned. You never see those used to kill in this country so your theory is nonsense 

TWS1405_2
Debates: 4
TWS1405_2
People should stop engaging with IWRA. He/she/it/they/Zee is a troll and will never engage anyone with maturity, dignity, or respect. They’re just a pseudo know-it-all who will immediately call you “a Moron” just for replying to them. 

So let’s stop replying to the incel and let him pound away on their keyboard all mad like when no one gives them the attention they crave. 
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@TWS1405_2
who will immediately call you “a Moron” just for replying to them. 
No, no ,  no, I call you a moron because of all the stupid things you say. Just like when Rex Tillerson called Trump a moron.

Sir.Lancelot
Debates: 182
Sir.Lancelot
-->
@Stephen
Roosevelt is the christian maniac that got badly roasted by BrotherD.Thomas. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Sir.Lancelot
Roosevelt is the christian maniac that got badly roasted by BrotherD.Thomas. 

It's not too difficult to "roast" a thicko, now is it?

Good on Brother D.👏
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
No, no ,  no, I call you a moron …
Not true and you know it. 
Liar liar pants on 🔥 

Sir.Lancelot
Debates: 182
Sir.Lancelot
-->
@TWS1405_2
Ask that man if he needs Stephen or BrotherD. to silence him again. 
Bella3sp
Bella3sp
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Your arguing only one type of gun. If we were to ban all guns your example would only prove to be irrelevant and "nonsense". 
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Bella3sp

Your arguing only one type of gun. If we were to ban all guns your example would only prove to be irrelevant and "nonsense". 
You aren’t making sense. 

The government banned automatic weapons. You don’t see automatic weapons used in crimes anymore. In other words, the criminals didn’t/couldn’t just ignore the ban and go get automatic weapons. The same result could happen for semiautomatic assault rifles if we banned those.

Bella3sp
Bella3sp
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Oh, i'm sorry. "You can’t comprehend" that people ignore things all the time, laws or not? 

In all seriousness, my bad. I'll try to explain better. 

Once again, using an example that is irrelevant.  Yes, they can ignore the ban. People ignore laws all the time, same thing applies. Yes, they could find other ways to get guns. 

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Bella3sp
Yes, they can ignore the ban. People ignore laws all the time, same thing applies. 
So again, why haven’t criminals ignored the ban on automatic weapons? Why don’t we see them used in crimes?

Platypi
Debates: 1
Platypi
I noticed someone claiming that automatic weapons are banned in the United States of America. This is probably true in a few states, though not in the sense that it would be in other countries.  They would be illegal to transfer within the state, without theft of lawfully held property having taken place.

In the US, we have our automatic weapons taxed a flat rate of $200 by the federal government at the time of transfer.  It happens that the ones that are legally held, to my knowledge, are virtually never used in crime.  A sizeable amount are not registered, not out of dishonesty but because the owner anticipated action like that seen in places where property rights are not respected, or because they persistently believe a particular measure isn't valid law.  This is not an endorsement of ignoring ATF protocol.  Right or wrong, they will most likely get away with violating your rights and charge you with a felony. 

Most people acquired their property prior to 1986 when the federal government started strictly controlling new production.  Still, there are places where new weapons having been extralegally built/converted are encountered by police officers often enough because they were carried by criminals.  It is presently legal for civilians to procure new "machine guns" if they are well enough connected to something the government takes interest in.  It is expensive, but also legal in most states if they obtain proper licensing with the federal government for manufacturing.

In most states, automatic weapons are not banned.  It would be pointless. 
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Platypi
I noticed someone claiming that automatic weapons are banned in the United States of America. 
They are banned, at least new ones since 1986. It is possible for someone with a stringently controlled collectors license to acquire one built prior to 1986 and legally owned but it is HIGHLY REGULATED.

Yes people can convert a semiautomatic to automatic but they are breaking the law. This doesn’t mean there isn’t a ban on automatic weapons.

A sizeable amount are not registered,
Citation for this statement. I think you just pulled it out of your ass

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Platypi
According to the Giffords Law Center, Federal law prohibits the possession of newly manufactured machine guns, but permits the transfer of machine guns lawfully owned prior to May 19, 1986, if the transfer is approved by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives. As a result, a substantial number of machine guns are still in circulation. As of 2020, the national registry of machine guns contained registrations for 726,951 machine guns.1

Less than a million compared to over 20 million semiautomatic assault rifles and required registrations with the ATF may explain why these weapons are not used in crimes like mass shootings. 

Unregistered machine guns are contraband, and there is no way to register a previously unregistered machine gun.

These two federal laws, NFA and FOPA, had the effect of ending the use of automatic weapons in crimes in this country.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Sir.Lancelot
Stolen valor larpers probably don't know criminals use full auto weapons.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
An unpopular and unmarried substitute teacher who the kids think is creepy doesn’t understand that conversion kits are not equivalent to legalizing automatic weapons and the only reason criminals can get conversion kits is because Republicans block laws to prevent their production, importation, distribution and sale. They also think silencers and bump stocks should be legal 

In addition to Klobuchar and Peters, the legislation is also sponsored by Senators Richard Blumenthal (D-CT), Dianne Feinstein (D-CA), Jack Reed (D-RI), Ed Markey (D-MA), Chris Murphy (D-CT), Jeanne Shaheen (D-NH), Alex Padilla (D-CA), Tina Smith (D-MN), and Ron Wyden (D-OR). The legislation is endorsed by Giffords and Everytown for Gun Safety.

Not one Republican Senator is willing to sponsor the bill to block conversion kits. They are more  interested in conversion therapy for “confused” gay people.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Hmm, wonder what stolen valor larper logic will come next...
Bella3sp
Bella3sp
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Theres a difference, thats a small thing compared to all guns. If all guns were banned, you would still find people illegally bringing them.
Platypi
Platypi
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
I think you just pulled it out of your ass
Hello,

It appears we've gotten off on the wrong foot.  I understand that this is not an ideal format for communicating the finer nuances of emotion, and perhaps you only intend to be honest.  I happen to be one of the nicer people you will meet in life, quite open minded and generally easy to get along with.  If push comes to shove I am also known for my stubborn streak in the face of injustice. 

For the unlikely case it should not be readily apparent, I will say that insulting behavior is not a convincing argument for doing research on someone else's behalf.  I have no interest in performing work which would be more likely to be used against me than taken in earnest.

That said, I am not one to let first impressions spoil potential in future relations.  I expect that you will be more polite in the future.

Platypi
Platypi

I think I will start a catalog of misinformation on the topic of small arms in another week or two.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Platypi
I have no interest in performing work which would be more likely to be used against me than taken in earnest.
Apparently you have no interest in informing your opinions with facts either. So you just declare off the cuff  “a sizable amount [of automatic weapons] are not registered” even though you have made no effort to research the facts on this.

You need to do the work BEFORE you speak to be a responsible adult citizen
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Gotta question the credibility of a person who uses stolen valor to claim superiority in arguments on internet threads. 

Ouch.
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@Platypi
I expect that you will be more polite in the future.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Wishful thinking on your part. Never gonna happen with that 🤡!!!!