Which states have the highest gun death rates in the U.S.? Red States of course

Author: IwantRooseveltagain

Total: 234
IwantRooseveltagain
Debates: 0
IwantRooseveltagain
The rate of gun fatalities varies widely from state to state. In 2020, the states with the highest rates of gun-related deaths – counting murders, suicides and all other categories tracked by the CDC – included Mississippi (28.6 per 100,000 people), Louisiana (26.3), Wyoming (25.9), Missouri (23.9) and Alabama (23.6). The states with the lowest rates included New York (5.3), Rhode Island (5.1), New Jersey (5.0), Massachusetts (3.7) and Hawaii (3.4).

Best.Korea
Debates: 271
Best.Korea
"Gun deaths" isnt equal to murders in total.

Show us the states with largest rate of murder or homicide in total.

If red states turn out to have less murder or homicide rate in total, or the same rate as blue states, then your argument is negated.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Best.Korea
So people who die by suicide or accident are not as dead as someone who is murdered?  Why are you only concerned about murder? 
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Best.Korea
If red states turn out to have less murder or homicide rate in total, or the same rate as blue states, then your argument is negated.
Wouldn't this also mean that red states have higher instances of the dreaded "mental illness" (depression, which can lead to suicide) and general incompetence? I mean if you're saying rule out suicides and accidents to make the playing field more level, what's the other conclusion?

FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Best.Korea

The first city with the highest murder rate is St. Loiuse in the United States.
There were 194 murders in St. Louis City in 2021, with an average of 64 homicides per 100,000 inhabitants.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
Why are you only concerned about murder? 
Why are you only concerned about gun deaths?

So people who die by suicide or accident
Accident, suicide... compare it as total and not just "gun related deaths". You need to actually show that suicides, homicides and accidents go down when there is less guns.

What is so hard to understand about this?
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@FLRW
A city with a democrat mayor?
Platypi
Debates: 1
Platypi
Dixieland is the most violent region, the south.

East Texas
Louisiana
Missouri
Mississippi 
Alabama
Florida
Georgia
South Carolina
North Carolina
Virginia
Kentucky
Platypi
Platypi
New England and the Midwest are the most civilized in this regard.  There are huge areas that are about as peaceful as any other place in the world.
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Best.Korea
A city with a democrat mayor?
I love this one, too. At some point it's going to go to "A city who has a democrat school board member?!? Of course it's rife with school shootings!" The mayor doesn't make laws. The legislature does. 
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Best.Korea
Accident, suicide... compare it as total and not just "gun related deaths". You need to actually show that suicides, homicides and accidents go down when there is less guns.
They do. All you have to do is look at the rest of the world. In places with less guns there is less murder and suicides. 

We have double the rate of suicides compared to the UK.

Platypi
Platypi
Looks like I somehow forgot Arkansas.

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
All you have to do is look at the rest of the world. In places with less guns there is less murder and suicides.
Like in Mexico?

And how come the USA has the same homicide rate as it did in 1950, when in 1950 there were less guns? Hmmmm 🤔
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Best.Korea

In 1950 the population of the USA was 148 million, and in 2022 it was 338 million.
PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
He is trying to blame the crime in blue cities on governors in red states and for some reason let the local politicians who are doing retarded shit like defunding the police off the hook.

He has a 2 digit IQ and so he will never be able to piece together that the most liberal cities like Chicago and Detroit are the biggest high crime areas and the most liberals countries like Venezuela and north Korea are a shithole to live in. 

It's not even a hard pattern to notice but when you have a 2 digit IQ your brain goes to the stupidest shit. Here is an example of political situations and the answers to how to solve these situations will be answered by my 7 year old. I just want you to know it's shit children think but their philosophy never goes any deeper

Me- a lot of poor people exist that don't have enough money. How would you fix it if in charge.

Child- just give them money

Actual liberal policy positions is to throw money at the problem instead of fixing the underlying issues

Me- a lot of people get shot by guns, how do we fix it?

Son- we should just take everyone's guns away so they can't shoot people anymore

Actual liberal policy. Complete gun bans

Me- a lot of women get pregnant with babies and don't have the resources to take care of them 

Son- why don't we just start murdering babies

Actual liberal policies. Murder babies

Okay I made up the last one, but for the most part 1st graders are liberals because they just aren't that smart yet and do what adult liberals do 

They go "derp let's do the most direct obvious thing"

It's literal retard level policies which is why blacks all veterans left and were giving interviews after Obamas election thinking they would get free gas and reparations etc. 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@FLRW
The rate doesnt change based on an increase in total population.

The rate is a number per 100,000 population.

It is counted that way when you have 340 million and also when you have 150 million.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
Seriously 27 of the most crime ridden cities are run by democrats but more importantly the people in those cities are democrats and more likely to commit crimes. Roosevelt is blaming republicans who keep to themselves in either their mansions or on their farms away from society on crimes that happen in areas that are primarily democrat run and inhabited. 
You have to be a literal retard not to notice a pattern here. https://www.dailysignal.com/2022/11/04/democrat-run-cities-counties-have-a-murder-problem-report-shows/amp/
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
Honduras has higher murder rates than America and so does Venezuela and guess what. They're ran by people who lean left and occupied by people who mainly lean left. https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/murder-rate-by-country
This is the character of liberals. You have all met liberals. You have met shaniqua and you have met Karen and you know you can feel more safe leaving your wallet alone with karen
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Hey Prez, what happened to your big plan to not engage with me? Loser! I laugh at you
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Best.Korea
And how come the USA has the same homicide rate as it did in 1950
7 out of 8 homicides are committed with a gun.

So when Republicans say that violent crime is way up in this country because of liberal policies they are lying? The murder rate really hasn’t changed?
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
7 out of 8 homicides are committed with a gun
Remove guns, and they will be committed with a knife or a car or a bomb.

So when Republicans say that violent crime is way up in this country because of liberal policies they are lying? The murder rate really hasn’t changed?
Ok, I dont know what kind of a disney world "everyone be labeled" series do you live in, but disproving that random republican has nothing to do with my arguments.

Plus, violent crime isnt just murder. It also includes rape. Murder rate is the same. The rape rate has increased significantly.

As I said, the homicide rate is same as it was in 1950, despite number of guns being doubled since then.

As I pointed out, Mexico has less guns than USA, but much more homicide.

Plenty of other countries have less guns, but more homicides than USA.

Also, the USA is a country where psychiatric drugs are given to children as young as 4 year old. Those psychiatric drugs have "suicidal thoughts" as side effect.

So the fact that the rate of mental illnesses in USA increases every year thanks to the farmaceutic overlords, is that also the fault of guns?
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
Hey Prez, what happened to your big plan to not engage with me? Loser! I laugh at you
Are you trying to derail your own topic?
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@Best.Korea
Are you trying to derail your own topic?
He was completely owned by facts so it's either derail the thread or do what an intelligent person would and reconsider their opinion 
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Best.Korea
Remove guns, and they will be committed with a knife or a car or a bomb.
That’s dumb. A knife is not as lethal as a gun. Car bombs are difficult to produce and require expertise 

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Best.Korea
Plus, violent crime isnt just murder. It also includes rape. Murder rate is the same. The rape rate has increased significantly.
Oh really? What are you basing that on?

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Best.Korea
Ok, I dont know what kind of a disney world "everyone be labeled" series do you live in, but disproving that random republican has nothing to do with my arguments.
Random Republican? Their whole platform is based on “crime is out of control”, especially murder. Are they lying? Yes, they are lying aren’t they?

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Best.Korea
Plenty of other countries have less guns, but more homicides than USA.
Plenty? Name 5 comparable countries (industrialized with advanced economies) that have more homicides than the U.S.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Best.Korea
Also, the USA is a country where psychiatric drugs are given to children as young as 4 year old. Those psychiatric drugs have "suicidal thoughts" as side effect
That’s why these drugs are administered under the care of a physician.

Are you saying that small children are committing suicide in high numbers in the US? That’s ridiculous 

PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
Random Republican? Their whole platform is based on “crime is out of control”, especially murder. Are they lying? Yes, they are lying aren’t they?
Some other parts of the republican platform is the following

1. Have some level of border security
2. Don't cut the dicks off of children
3. Pedophilia should be illegal
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Best.Korea

Violent crime did not decrease across the board in 2018, however, and one category is in the midst of a slow but persistent six-year upward swing: rape. For the 2013 statistics the FBI changed its outdated parameters of rape—then defined as the forcible “carnal knowledge of a female”—to a more modern definition structured around consent, rather than force. Ever since, the rate has been on a steady surge, up more than 18 percent in that period

It’s not yet clear why rapes have risen so swiftly. It’s a notoriously underreported crime and many have theorized that the changing social atmosphere, including the #metoo movement and increased awareness around campus rape, may be prompting survivors to report at a higher rate.