If your boycotting Bud Light, I think it's immature

Author: TheUnderdog

Total: 4
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
Imagine if Bud Light said that abortion is murder.  All the dedicated pro choicers would boycott Bud Light.  I think that would be immature.  I think it's equally immature to boycott Bud Light over them claiming transwomen are women.

You have the right to do it, it's a free country.  But if you DO boycott Bud Light, don't be claiming your against cancel culture when you cancel Bud Light for disagreeing with you.
Best.Korea
Debates: 271
Best.Korea
I dont drink alcohol. I have canceled the entire "living in sin" culture in favor of God's word.

But if I were to drink alcohol, I certainly wouldnt drink the one supporting self-castration.

Call it cancel culture if you like. I prefer to call it "cancel abominations".
cristo71
Debates: 1
cristo71
There’s probably a reason to boycott just about any successful company, but you cannot realistically boycott everyone. The only boycott that really works is not buying something because you don’t like or need the product, but that doesn’t really count as “boycotting.”

If a company has a uniquely good or trendy product, boycotts aren’t going to catch on. Apple and Nike come to mind. Both use underpaid foreign labor which would never be allowed in the US or other western countries, but people love their products, and the foreign labor makes them more affordable than otherwise. No boycotts to be seen with those two.

Chick Fil A was a notable boycott over the founder’s opposition to gay marriage. But their food and service is just too dang good, and the boycott went nowhere.

Coca Cola had a marketing debacle when they put out New Coke, and it was summarily rejected by customers. Again, not because of any ethical reason, just people didn’t like the product. Economics 101. Funny side note— some people imagined that New Coke was all an ingenious marketing ploy to sell more original Coke, but I digress.

Yes, Dylan what’s her face is an obnoxious attention whore, and many people don’t want to buy cans with her face emblazoned on them, but Anhauser Busch is a big company, and they have other brands than just Budweiser, such as Dos Equis, which I happen to like. So, yeah, any boycotting there is merely symbolic and maybe cathartic. Bud will survive this. Will they change strategy as a result? Hard to say…

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@TheUnderdog
Marketing departments should all use ONLY mental health outpatients. That way no one will be boycotted.