Mauritanian Great Movie

Author: ebuc

Total: 7
ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
Watched Mauritanian last night on Netflix. Great movie with events I maybe heard in news, but did not really track at the time.

Refresh you memories of those held in Guantanamo.

..." Directed by Kevin Macdonald, the film The Mauritanian depicts the true story of Ould Slahi and sheds light on the abuse Guantanamo prisoners have been sentenced to over the last two decades. Perhaps most importantly, though, it highlights why President Joe Biden must indefinitely close the notoriously violent prison."...

Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
I just saw it this week too, and yes, great movie, and a same thing, I recall some news stories about it but didn't know the story at all.

Pretty outragious what we did to him.  I do remember when the scandalous interrogation techniques hit the news, the movie didn't tell what happened to the people responsible, I hope they were all prosecuted and went to prison.  Doubt it though.
Best.Korea
Debates: 251
Best.Korea
Most of the prisons are filled with beatings and rape. I dont see what makes this prison special. Maybe the amount of innocent people and muslims in it?

36 days later

ebuc
ebuc
Another must see to believe, because of the incredible photo-vid documentary of some amazing aspects of "Our Planet"  { 2019 } on netflix via David Attenborugh.  I think he states that human population has doubled in 50 years, since we got our first views of Earth from the moon.

3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@ebuc
truly impressive
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@3RU7AL
truly impressive

3Ru, Did you watch the first episode? I finnished first and started 2nd episode. Waiting now to watch it at a friends house who has larger HD screen.

54 days later

ebuc
ebuc
Two other docs. I would recommend expand our consciousness

1} Rickover: The Birth of Nuclear Power...lots of info I never knew of

2} Meltdown: Three Mile Island....again info I was not aware of