I want, no, I need autosave on my arguments.

Author: Bella3sp

Total: 11
Bella3sp
Debates: 51
Bella3sp
Disclaimer: None of the reasons I present are because of the developer, of course. I do not blame him for any of the instances. They are something I am at fault at and could be more careful with. 

Alright, simple, I need auto save the 'moment' I type it. Almost like google documents per say. 
I'm not sure how much development that would need let alone the time you have. But I still believe it provides great assistance, at least for me. 

My summary of the 'problems' with the current status of it: 
  • Forget to click "preview argument" and the next thing I know an hour's worth of work, gone. 
  • Stupid, but I turn off my computer. Accidentally in some cases where it gets powered off because I forgot to charge it and in some cases my computer turns off with my accident misclick. 
  • Accidentally refresh with either misclick or bookmarks were close, leading to the result of making a close click to my bookmark but instead the refresh button. 
As for the refresh part of my reasons, why does the forums have a warning when you have a response for refreshing but not in when writing the debates? If you are not to take my request into consideration, can you take this request at the very most? 

Yes, I am aware I can use other things such as google documents however it just makes it more convenient and 'less' time consuming. 
Mharman
Debates: 18
Mharman
-->
@DebateArt.com
@Bella3sp
Good idea! Mike, you think you could code this?
PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
1. Why aren't you using a word document to type your arguments in before hand?

2. Why are you writing your entire argument in one sitting?

3. Where did I put my toe nail clippers? 
Best.Korea
Debates: 251
Best.Korea
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Yes. Just use some text program to write an argument, then copy paste it in debate.

I used to type directly on dart debates, but the risk is too great. Plenty of things can happen: page reload, exiting page on accident, or phone malfunction.

This is especially so because on phones its very easy to close page accidentally, especially when you are switching between pages which you have to do to copy links.
Bella3sp
Bella3sp
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
1. At the end of my request I already state why. 

2. It seems to work out fine, I don't bother. Also, I write my layout, write my first thoughts/response, edit my response after looking up realiable sources and I'm done. Though sometimes I don't need sources or I look them up ahead of time but like said, seems to work fine.. What, do you not? 

3. Bottom drawer in the bathroom on the left 
ADreamOfLiberty
Debates: 0
ADreamOfLiberty
It is a good idea, but an easy fix would be giving us access to the underlying quote code. On other sites, you can fully save a post with the [QUOTE] tags, here you cannot so you can't work on it outside of the site.

This could also be accomplished without maintaining a database, just using cookies and JS.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Bella3sp
Yep, that would be helpful.
DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
I will check it out guys, should be easy enough to add a basic protection mechanism. I don't know why it's not there, I must have missed it.
Bella3sp
Bella3sp
-->
@DebateArt.com
Cool, thanks.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Bella3sp
It seems to me you  have a solution to your problems, you just refuse to listen to or acknowledge the solution.  Kinda like complaining you cant get meat a vegan buffet.
Bella3sp
Bella3sp
-->
@sadolite
I already know there are other resource, yeah, but why not have an add-on to where I don't need those other resources? It's just a recommendation. I see no harm with the request. Just something to take into consideration for future helpful updates on the website. 

If he does take the request, cool. 
If he doesn't, cool. 

It's not like i'm expecting something. Nor am I complaining, as said just something to keep in mind. Would just be nice feature is all.