Circumcision is wrong, yes. I dont know why would you even think otherwise.

Author: Best.Korea

Total: 53
Best.Korea
Debates: 251
Best.Korea
I dont know why do people feel the need to do this to children. Its obvious that these people have no morality. They are sick.
YouFound_Lxam
Debates: 32
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Best.Korea
I don't think it is that big of a deal. It doesn't really affect people who are circumcised. 

If you don't, it's fine. If you do, it's fine. 
ADreamOfLiberty
Debates: 0
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
It doesn't really affect people who are circumcised. 
That is an assumption. Something I recently said on another forum:

The only men who could quantify what was lost are those who are circumcised later in life, but statistically such people will almost certainly have a bias towards circumcision if they choose to have it done to them.

The testimony of someone who lost their foreskin involuntarily or through some medical necessity would be the only kind I would give full credence to.

And as for the "benefits", go to the Wikipedia for water (H2O) and look at the "dangers and toxcitiy".

It's very easy to overestimate risks when no statistics are involved. Why don't we remove appendixes immediately when they are known to have deadly infections at appreciable rates? We could just as easily remove a foreskin after multiple penile infections, treat the problem that exists not the one that might exist.

FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Best.Korea
You know that Jesus was circumcised, don't you?  Luke 2:21 records the fact that Jesus was circumcised: “On the eighth day, when it was time to circumcise the child, he was named Jesus, the name the angel had given him before he was conceived.” Later in the same chapter, Luke emphasizes that Joseph and Mary followed all the Jewish requirements, doing “everything required by the Law of the Lord” concerning their newborn son (verse 39). In following the law, Joseph and Mary would undoubtedly have circumcised Jesus. Failure to do so would have been a clear violation of the law.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Best.Korea
When it comes to dating, teen-beat country singer Taylor Swift has two rules for her men: one, she must write a heart-wrenching song once they’ve split, and two, the helmet has got to go.
Swift’s latest breakup with heartthrob Harry Styles of One Direction apparently ended because the British boy-band member didn’t have a bris milah (in all fairness, it’s not his fault: they seemingly don’t do that over there).
Their split, following two months of romance, was because Styles allegedly was sick of being nagged to have his penis circumcised, Huffington Post writes.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@FLRW
Taylor Swift has two rules for her men
This is what happens when you give woman a right to opinion: you can expect it to be stupid.
Woman doesnt get to command a man. In fact, just 200 years ago, she wouldnt even get to choose a husband. 
Savant
Debates: 20
Savant
-->
@FLRW
Circumcision doesn't apply biblically anymore. Same with most of the Old Covenant, and Best.Korea is a Christian.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Savant
It's too bad BdotK is not a Muslim. Muslims are still the largest single religious group to circumcise boys. In Islam circumcision is also known as tahara, meaning purification.
Circumcision is not mentioned in the Qur'an, but it is highlighted in the Sunnah (the Prophet Muhammed's recorded words and actions). In the Sunnah, Muhammad stated that circumcision was a "law for men."
The main reason given for the ritual is cleanliness. It is essential that every Muslim washes before praying. It is important that no urine is left on the body.
Muslims believe the removal of the foreksin makes it easier to keep the penis clean because urine can't get trapped there.
Supporters of circumcision also argue that excrements may collect under the foreskin which may lead to fatal diseases such as cancer.
Some Muslims see circumcision as a preventive measure against infection and diseases.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@FLRW
Bible specifically instructs to not circumcise, and says that circumcision means nothing to God.

Muslims try to be like prophet mohammad who ordered circumcision for all but somehow forgot to mention that order in Quran.

Some muslims circumcise girls too, but that got banned by law almost everywhere, so I assume there is less of it now.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
The testimony of someone who lost their foreskin involuntarily or through some medical necessity would be the only kind I would give full credence to.
I lost mine when I was close to a child's age, by my parents. 
It doesn't affect me, and I think it is completely normal. It's not really that big of a deal. 

ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Not sure what "close to a child's age" means, did you have significant sexual experience before and after? If not how can you know? I assume it isn't a great loss while urinating.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Not sure what "close to a child's age" means, did you have significant sexual experience before and after? If not how can you know? I assume it isn't a great loss while urinating.
It doesn't affect me in any way. Also, I don't consider sexual experience to be fundamental to living a healthy and fulfilling life.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
It doesn't affect me in any way. Also, I don't consider sexual experience to be fundamental to living a healthy and fulfilling life.
You're um, kinda side stepping the issue then.

Whether or not YOU think sexual experience to be important doesn't tell us how other males might feel when they grow up. The question is whether something that may be of value to anyone is lost.

I mean you might have someone who claims to never want children, thus they don't resent being sterilized. That doesn't mean sterilizing children isn't a cruel mutilation and probably sabotage of their life.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Dude..............it's a tiny piece of skin. 

If this is a big deal, you should hear about ear piercings. 
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Dude..............it's a tiny piece of skin. 
So is your eyelid. All I'm saying is that you can't say you know what was lost.

If this is a big deal, you should hear about ear piercings. 
A tiny hole in the ear that nobody does to children? Not the same boat.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
My main opposition to circumcision comes from loss of life. 

First, some babies die from circumcision.

Second, there is no results that show how universal circumcision has any benefits to life. Countries that have universal circumcision arent any better than countries who dont have it. In terms of health, circumciser countries are usually worse.

Of course, circumcision can damage a penis, which would result in depression for the person.

Not to mention that the amount of pain itself from circumcision is damaging to the brain.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
On the one hand, fiddling with and mutilating young boys dicks is paedophilia.

And on the other, it's completely acceptable behaviour.

What it is to be human hey?
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
I was circumcised at age 10 because there was an infection in my penis and they have to treat it with one of the steps being... circumcising. Denying my right to do so is wrong.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Best.Korea

Balanitis happens when the head of your penis becomes irritated and inflamed. You’re more likely to develop it if you aren’t circumcised.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Intelligence_06
there was an infection
Not everyone gets an infection, so cant apply it to everyone.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Intelligence_06
Did you have sexual experiences before and after?
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@Best.Korea
No, your topic suggests that it is wrong in all cases, and when I bring a counterexample, you respond with "not everything is a counterexample".

Said counterexample is already valid enough to show that the proposed opinion is wrong.
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
No. Either that, or whoever did it got confidential-level memetic amnestics.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Intelligence_06
No, your topic suggests that it is wrong in all cases
No. People know that I talk about the case of majority, not all cases.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Intelligence_06
Surgical necessity is not the same as unnecessarily dick fiddling kids in the name of ideology.

Why would GOD care about a foreskin..... After all, didn't it create man with a foreskin.

Does it actually stipulate in it's instruction manual:   Thou shalt fiddle with and mutilate young boys dicks.

Mr Pedo. Chapter 1 verse1
hey-yo
Debates: 23
hey-yo
-->
@Best.Korea
You are too generalized. Some circumcisions occur later in life. 

What is wrong about it? Foreskin removal is morally same as skin tag or mole removal. 
hey-yo
hey-yo
-->
@Best.Korea

I dont see these as absolute moral objections. So seperating it from other post. 

1. First, some babies die from circumcision.

2. Second, there is no results that show how universal circumcision has any benefits to life. Countries that have universal circumcision arent any better than countries who dont have it. In terms of health, circumciser countries are usually worse.

3  Of course, circumcision can damage a penis, which would result in depression for the person.

4. Not to mention that the amount of pain itself from circumcision is damaging to the brain.

1. Some people die from botch operations and plastic surgeries. Even removing a mole can have devistating affects. Death too? Yes because in some cases the doctor didnt do emough to identify a cancerous mole which then spread to body after removal. 

Doctors should highlight the issues and risks.  This would include the likilihood of death from the surgical act of being circumcised vs parent's ability to keep the child's circumcision clean afterwards.  My parents were told the risks as was I for my kid. 

As a parent you weigh the options of what you can do vs cant. 

2. Are we weighing economic and social benefits? There is a clear health benefit in reducing risk of infection. Thats why circumcision was made universal or a national requirement after ww1 in many countries. 

Uk and america to name two that practiced universal circumcisions. Did these two countries experience downfall in overall mens health after starting their law ?

Yes, our primary rejection to better health is "just clean it." This usually looks at it from an adults perspective who is talking about their own privates. 

Instead a parent has to consider what they can and cant do in a given situation. I knew a kid in grade school who pissed himself, then decided not to take shower to go along his day playing and running. This was at science camp. Kids dont always do the right hygiene practices and parents cant (in some cases should not) hover over every action. 

I want to do some good camping with my kid too. So having an easier way to stay clean helps. That was something on my mind when making dicision. 

3. Circumcision has been going on for centuries. If a penis gets damaged in the process then its a botched operation and doctor is to blame. 

However, I cant help see silliness or irony in a person who thinks all ccircumcisions are  wrong and therefore damaging reinforcing the idea that circumcisions are damaging. 

4. Evidence? 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@hey-yo
What is wrong about it?
There is nothing wrong about it if we assume that theft, murder and rape arent wrong.

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
Yes, circumcision is theft, murder and rape all in one.
hey-yo
hey-yo
-->
@Best.Korea
There is nothing wrong about it if we assume that theft, murder and rape arent wrong.
Why are we assuming they are the same thing?

Can we see evidence to their similarities?