The STUPID shit politicians claim about guns is dumbfounding…

Author: TWS1405_2

Total: 32
TWS1405_2
Debates: 4
TWS1405_2
The stupid shit democrats say about firearms is idiotic and proves their ignorance. 
Gun grabbers saying even more stupid shit. 

Short answers debunking gun control arguments.

Ending school and church shootings (among other places), END GUN FREE ZONES! 

The media refuses to cover armed law abiding citizens who ended a potential mass shooting situation.

Gun control is the WRONG SOLUTION 

CNN gun control advocate gets SMOKED in interview! 

Discuss.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@TWS1405_2
This is a lot of links. Do you have one specifically you want to discuss?
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@Greyparrot
They all cover the same central theme. 

Gun control against law abiding citizens = bad. 

No gun control against criminals = bad. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@TWS1405_2
Criminal control > gun control.
n8nrgim
Debates: 0
n8nrgim

-where there is more gun control, there is less murder. this is the scientific consensus, as shown with the literature review. being a literature review makes this a lot more informing than just being a single study; we see the consensus forming. also included is a link to a poll of scientists but a literature review itself makes the claims even stronger.
-where there are more guns, there is more murder, across geographic regions from localities and larger. this is also a lot more informing because it a literature review of lots of studies. what's more, people are shown not to kill with other weopons instead of guns, as is often argued, because if they did there would be no correlation here.
-women are five times more likely to be killed if their significant other has a gun. this is a practical point in illustration of the guns v murders correlation. same in individual lives as general trends
-you are more likely to be murdered if you have a gun, as well as those close to you
-States with more gun control have fewer mass shootings
-only around two hundred and fifty killings are done in the name of self defense per year. people like to pretend defense is such a huge thing, but the odds of being murdered is is closer to forty times higher. the odds of being shot and not necessarily killed are upwards of four hundred times higher. 
-we have half the worlds guns in the usa but a small percent of the worlds population
-Police are more likely to kill unjustifiably in low gun control and high gun areas due to their increased fear, and police are more likely to be shot themselves in those areas.
-Compared to 22 other high-income nations, the United States' gun-related murder rate is 25 times higher. 
-High school kids in the USA are eighty two times more likely to be shot than the same kids in other developed countries.
-it is claimed that most murders are gang related, but this looks to be factually incorrect in the link. even if higher numbers floating around on the internet are true, our murder problem still there if you take out the gang murders from consideration. the numbers here can be arrived at with basic math. 
-this really isn't just a mental health problem. we don't have more people with mental health problems than other countries.... just more people with guns.  the study controls for mental health factors v other factors. 
-we dont have more crime than the rest of the world, just a lot more people getting shot and killed. you aren't more likely to be mugged here, for instance, but you are more likely to be mugged and shot in the process. again a gun problem. showing it's not just deviants being deviants as some suggest but an emphasis on the gun problem.
-You can tell this is a gun problem, not just a bad person problem as the gun lobby says, also by comparing non-gun homicides of similar countries as the USA, and then adding guns to the mix: non-gun homicides are slightly on the higher side but within normal range, while gun homicides go wildly higher. If this was a bad person problem at its core, there would be a wildly higher amount of non-gun homicides as well, but that's not the case. Included is an article describing this phenomenon and a link with a picture. 
-people like to say assault rifles are not that dangerous, because there are only a few hundred murders with them per year out of only around ten or so thousand of gun murders. the thing is though, the percent chance an assault rifle will be used to kill someone is significantly higher than the chance other guns will be used to kill someone. ///  you can do the math yourself. there are 2.5 million assault rifles in circulation. 374 rifle deaths per year. there are 11000 gun homicides. there's a gun for every person in the usa, 340 million. what's the math say? 374 divided by 11000 is 3.4 percent of deaths are from rifles. 2.5 milliion divided by 340 milliion is less than a percent. so what does this mean? despite rifles being less than a percent of guns, they cause 3.4 percent of deaths. that is, a rifle has a higher percent chance of being used to murder than a non rifle. most guns that are used in murder are hand guns, but assault rifles are more likely to be chosen over a hand gun when faced with that choice. just like, as an analogy, people are more likely to speed in a sports car, but most cars that speed are not sports cars.  
-people like to throw around number of defensive gun use. the idea is that not all defensive gun uses result in a killing. the most common number in literature is tens of thousands, though the number vary wildly. the only thing is, even if you are more likely to use a gun in self defense than being murdered, you are still more likely to be murdered than someone who doesn't have a gun. also, a lot of those thousands of defensive uses are not all that critical.... downplaying their significance. and, a lot of those 'defensive' uses were actually situations that were people instigating and escalating a situation that wouldn't otherwise exist, as the link below illustrates. even if we used the higher numbers, is it all that convincing that there are tens of thousands more near murders in a nation with already a globally disproportionate number of murders? it holds true, that we could give lots more people guns, and that may increase defensive use... but it would come at the cost of more murder, too.
-for more on giving an overview of the gun issues, see the following
-in the usa, the number of murders has overall gone down in recent decades. the thing is, while the number of guns went up, the number of people owning them went down. also, this is just one measure: all the other measure include all the countries and localities where gun levels are proportionate to murder rates.
-for more information on gun policy in the usa and other countries: www.gunpolicy.org 
-australia. they enacted major gun reform around twenty years ago after a mass shooting. they bought back a bunch of guns and enacted other gun control. their mass shootings stopped. this almost surely is not an anomloy. their homicides dropped by up to fifty percent. the idea is a lower murder rate came with a lower percent of people owning guns (note that this is different than the specific gun ownership rate because if less people own more guns that could cause the percent owning to go down but the overall rate could be the same). misinformation attempts like to point that overall murder went up slightly after reform, but the rate did not and went down. also, the number of guns have gone up closer to previous level but the gun ownership rate is still lower. it is true that global murder went down, and some of that correlates with australi's rate... but global reductions arent as drastic s australia's.
-japan. they literally have barely any murders, and barely any guns. they have a rigorous process for allowing guns

Best.Korea
Debates: 264
Best.Korea
-->
@n8nrgim
That is a very strong argument. However, are you arguing for total gun ban or just assault rifle ban?

Because the first one would violate US constitution, and the second one would make little to no difference in homicide rates.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
CNN gun control advocate gets SMOKED in interview! 
Nobody got smoked in this clip. Will the armed guards at schools have AR-15s? How is a guy with a pistol going to do against someone with a semiautomatic rifle, maybe one that’s been converted to automatic,  and has a dozen 30 round magazines?

Do you think the guy with the beard and ball cap leading the discussion is an intelligent guy? Is that the kind of guy you look to for information?

Do you have a beard and wear a ball cap every day?

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Gun control against law abiding citizens = bad. 
But what happens when the law abiding citizen goes nuts and decides to become a mass murderer?

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Your post illustrates perfectly how morons like you in the country are being fed nonsense by morons on YouTube.

No matter how many guns you buy, you are still going to be a disabled, unemployed loser with no kids.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Fanchick go brrr.
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2

Articles like this obfuscate the issue When it comes to mental illness and guns. A large chunk of gun deaths are by suicide, and being suicidal dictates that one is suffering from one or multiple mental illnesses. 

For the shootings where there may not have be previously diagnosed with a mental Illness, one still suffers from a mental defect when they have zero regard for human life.

No one in their right (sane) mind would actually believe or act like through such a lack of belief, that  another human being’s life has no value; especially when all the knowable and foreseeable consequences of any actions to harm or deprive another human being of their life is present in one’s mind. To wantonly harm/kill another human being with aforethought = being mentally unsound (having a disorder/illness).  These articles always seem to be absent of that salient fact. 

That being said, purposeful (criminal) gun violence is rooted in mental Illness. IMHO. 
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
That being said, purposeful (criminal) gun violence is rooted in mental Illness. IMHO. 
Great, if we listened to you every murderer could go free by reason of insanity.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Shooting at an Atlanta hospital today. We need Door Reform and armed guards at hospitals too.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
You tell em Fanchick!
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
SubTeach has another lonely weekend to look forward to drinking whiskey in the dark all by himself. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Fanchick so jelly!
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
What a dipshit. No wonder you are all alone SubTeach.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Fanchick busted again
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@TWS1405_2
CNN gun control advocate gets SMOKED in interview! 
Since we're just posting videos...
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@Double_R
Saw that interview, John Stewart was not as smart as he thought he was. Ben Shapiro debunked his nonsense of strawman and circular arguments in that interview.

Here Shapiro DEBUNKS gun control within 6 min

The Congressman stated it was around a one hour interview, but the Final Cut cut all his responses and defenses in order to make Stewart look good with a bunch of non sequitur “gotchya” retorts. I mean really, harping on him about protecting children from drag story hour and shows, but not kids in schools from guns. One absolutely has nothing to do with the other, AND as Shapiro points out with actual fact based truths and statistics in the DEBUNKING of the gun control garbage, all of Stewarts retorts were “pure garbage.” That they were. 

So, how was that pizza you ordered from Burger King!!! lol 
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Here Shapiro DEBUNKS gun control within 6 min
This video is from 5 years ago. Shapiro appears to be a virgin who hasn’t gone through puberty. He’s your hero?

Here Shapiro rips that Stewart interview apart.
If Shapiro is so smart why does he cut his own hair and have such a squeaky voice?

This moron’s argument is that because we have laws that make it illegal to shoot children, we don’t need to worry about guns or new gun laws.
Gee, that’s brilliant.
Only a moron would think Shapiro is making a strong argument there.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@TWS1405_2
This is a link to Facebook.

One absolutely has nothing to do with the other, AND as Shapiro points out with actual fact based truths and statistics in the DEBUNKING of the gun control garbage, all of Stewarts retorts were “pure garbage.” That they were. 
Since your link wouldn't play, would you care to offer your own critiques that you would be willing to defend yourself, or do I just have to keep searching for Ben Shapiro's arguments?

So, how was that pizza you ordered from Burger King!!! lol 
Your link was to a pizza burger genius.

TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@Double_R
This is a link to Facebook.

No! It’s a link to the video on point posted on FB. 

Since your link wouldn't play,
Liar. It plays just fine. You don’t even need a FB account to watch it. 

Your link was to a pizza burger genius.
No shit sherlock. Still pizza. Pizzas come in a variety of types and forms. Still a pizza. And it proves names don’t mean shit. Anyone can go to a steakhouse and still order chicken. That’s but one among many examples, yours being an epic failure cause BK offers pizza. 

TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@Double_R
Yes, I know. Your cognitive dissonance and intellectual cowardice aside….you’re just a fraud. 
Act tough, but you ALWAYS, and I mean you ALWAYS go “silent hill” when someone proves you wrong. 
Sort of like I just did on the difference between a forum and a debate section; how names of sites and even restaurants do not mean SHIT!
I would have had a denarius amount of respect for you had you admitted your glowing error here, but since you did not, and clearly never will…well, you figure it out. “Genius!”
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@TWS1405_2
Act tough, but you ALWAYS, and I mean you ALWAYS go “silent hill” when someone proves you wrong. 
Sort of like I just did on the difference between a forum and a debate section; how names of sites and even restaurants do not mean SHIT!
What stupid post.

You didn't prove me wrong on a damn thing. Even Adreamofliberty whom I've gotten into very tenuous discussions with and for which seem to have no common ground with chimed in to agree with me.

When I talk about rules of debate I'm not talking about points for spelling and grammar. I'm talking about basic concepts which intelligible and productive discission are founded upon. What separates this site from most is an implicit commitment to honoring those basic concepts, but then idiots like yourself comes along and spam the forums with video links that you expect everyone to watch and then debate... Oh I mean "discuss" with you. As if people come to this site to sit around watching YouTube videos. It's just stupid.

And as far as your "names don't mean shit" argument, that's just another ridiculous point that you somehow think was intelligent or a clever gotcha. If I look hard enough I can find a Chinese restaurant selling hotdogs, or an Italian restaurant selling sushi. These are just anecdotes, and the fact that you found one anecdote that almost defeats my point (it doesn't, I wasn't talking about a burger/pizza concoction, I was talking about an actual slice of pizza) doesn't mean that the word "burger" in "Burger King" is meaningless.

If you walk into a place with the word burger literally in their name that tells you what they specialize in and what they care most about. It tells you who they are targeting and marketing to. If you walk into a place with burger in their name you know that if they can do one thing right, it's make a burger. And if you instead order a piece of chicken and it's not great, that's on you for ordering chicken in a burger joint. The name does matter. So pretending that the word "debate" in "debateart.com" is meaningless is also... Just plain stupid.

So no, I didn't "go silent" because you proved me wrong. I went silent because this conversation proved to be below my already low standards for the level of intelligence needed in order to engage. If this site had more intelligent right wing people seeking actual productive conversation I wouldn't spend nearly as much time as I do interacting with you.
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@Double_R
Lol 😂 it’s so easy to goad you. 
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@Double_R
You didn't prove me wrong on a damn thing. Even Adreamofliberty whom I've gotten into very tenuous discussions with and for which seem to have no common ground with chimed in to agree with me.
Yes, i did. One person agreeing with you to score brownie points doesn’t prove anything.

When I talk about rules of debate I'm not talking about points for spelling and grammar. I'm talking about basic concepts which intelligible and productive discission are founded upon. What separates this site from most is an implicit commitment to honoring those basic concepts, but then idiots like yourself comes along and spam the forums with video links that you expect everyone to watch and then debate... Oh I mean "discuss" with you. As if people come to this site to sit around watching YouTube videos. It's just stupid.
You sophomorically claim as if I am the only person here who post links to videos to discuss. That is a lie. And i big bold in your face one at that.

If you want to have a formal debate, go initiate one with brown noses like IDreamofLiberty then. In the forum, topics are thrown around for entertainment, not formal debate. That’s why it is called the FORUM!  

And as far as your "names don't mean shit" argument, that's just another ridiculous point that you somehow think was intelligent or a clever gotcha. If I look hard enough I can find a Chinese restaurant selling hotdogs, or an Italian restaurant selling sushi. These are just anecdotes, and the fact that you found one anecdote that almost defeats my point (it doesn't, I wasn't talking about a burger/pizza concoction, I was talking about an actual slice of pizza) doesn't mean that the word "burger" in "Burger King" is meaningless. 
Oh no, you were in fact proven wrong. You just cannot accept that fact. I mean really, get a ouch anecdotes and it becomes evidence to prove the point. Names do not mean shit. perhaps you should have been more precise and cogent with your retort if you meant an actual “slice” of Pizza vs a play on Pizza. That’s your fault, not mine. You can get pizza at BK, and I proved that. Just like you can order chicken at a steakhouse, a hotdog at a Chinese restaurant, and so on and so on. Proves my point, names do not mean shit. 

If you walk into a place with the word burger literally in their name that tells you what they specialize in and what they care most about. It tells you who they are targeting and marketing to. If you walk into a place with burger in their name you know that if they can do one thing right, it's make a burger. And if you instead order a piece of chicken and it's not great, that's on you for ordering chicken in a burger joint. The name does matter. So pretending that the word "debate" in "debateart.com" is meaningless is also... Just plain stupid.
Superfluous nonsense. Just like a name to a restaurant, other things can be offered. Debateart.com offers more than JUST debate, it offers a forum section too. That is where we are, in the FORUM section, not the formal DEBATE section. Take it to the latter if you don’t like the former. Your incessant whining about it is pathetic.

So no, I didn't "go silent" because you proved me wrong. I went silent because this conversation proved to be below my already low standards for the level of intelligence needed in order to engage. If this site had more intelligent right wing people seeking actual productive conversation I wouldn't spend nearly as much time as I do interacting with you.
As I said, it is so easy to goad you. 
Your narcissism and sanctimonious pomposity knows no bounds. 

Double_R
Double_R
-->
@TWS1405_2
Superfluous nonsense. 
In other words, it was too much thought for you to handle so instead of responding to the very conversation you asked for you're just going to pretend repeating the same refuted garbage is a legitimate argument. Got it.

Lol 😂 it’s so easy to goad you.
So I'm the guy who's alway running away from intimidatingly intelligent conversation, yet is so easy to get a response out of. Ok bruh.

TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@Double_R
Superfluous nonsense. 
In other words, it was too much thought for you to handle so instead of responding to the very conversation you asked for you're just going to pretend repeating the same refuted garbage is a legitimate argument. Got it.

ROTFLMAO!!!! 

You are the poster child for narcissism and sanctimonious pomposity!!!! 

You couldn’t “think” your way out of wet paper bag. 

And yeah, it is easy to goad you. You’re just that predictable. 
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
ROTFLMAO!!!! 
A bonus track to the Greatest Hits album from LCpl Shmuckateli