is it necessary for christians to forgive people who are unrepentant?

Author: n8nrgim

Total: 33
Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@n8nrgim
I think that sins before God require repentance to be forgiven.  I think that offences between people require repentance before reconciliation can take place. 

I do think there is a place for love.  Love covers a multitude of sin.   Some sins will never be repented of by some people - yet the relationship is too important to just lose it.  

I don't think forgiveness means "forgetting it".  Or ignoring it.  It might mean that in the circumstances, but some offences warrant further action and even consequences. 

I think it is also unlikely that anyone could repent of all of their sins towards God.  So we acknowledge that God forgives generally all of our sins.  

Sadly, however in our society, people forgive far too easily and without considering the consequences of doing so.  For instance if I forgave someone for cheating on a test, and yet they never actually cheated on the test.  I have condemned and judged someone falsely and that is also not appropriate. 

Forgiveness in my view should always be attached to the idea of reconciliation. Sometimes people think they should forgive dead people. Really they just want to be released from something. I think there are probably better ways of dealing with it. 
Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@Best.Korea
Love covers a multitude of sin.  Yet to downplay the point of repentance is going to minimise sin.  And the worth of the relationship.  Jesus did walk on water, but every other time he took the boat.

In other words, there are exceptions to the rule.  But the rule should be applied in most occasions. 
BrotherD.Thomas
Debates: 0
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@n8nrgim

n8nrgim,

Here we go again in addressing Miss Tradesecrets Bible Stupidity, in other words, when will it ever stop?!!!!!

MISS TRADESECRET'S QUOTE OF BEING BIBLE INEPT AGAIN:   "I think it is also unlikely that anyone could repent of all of their sins towards God.  So we acknowledge that God forgives generally all of our sins."

Therefore, in her dumb ass quote shown above, she actually has the nerve to go against Jesus again in saying it is unlikely anyone could repent of all of their sins against Jesus, therefore Jesus as God forgives "generally" all of the pseudo-christians sins, WRONG!!!  To easily "school" Miss Tradesecret AGAIN in front of the membership, are the following Jesus inspired passages where it blatantly shows that Jesus as God DOES NOT forgive all sins!

1. "For if we go on sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins," (Hebrews 10:26)

2. “Truly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the children of man, and whatever blasphemies they utter, but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin” (Mark 3:28-29)

Furthermore, what Miss Tradesecret has never accepted, is the FACT that Jesus did not create Hell (Colossians 1:16) and not plan on using it, otherwise, He would not be saying the following passages regarding Hell to begin with!!!

1. JESUS SAID: "And if your hand or your foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life crippled or lame than with two hands or two feet to be thrown into the eternal fire." (Matthew 18:8)

2. “But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.” (Revelation 21:8).  .... (I bold faced "sexually immoral" because of Miss Tradesecret admitting that she was a sexual deviant when being a pseudo-christian: https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEGUEW9)

3. “Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality,” (1 Corinthians 6:9)

N8nrgim, seriously,  you have to be coming to the explicit conclusion that when you let Miss Tradesecret converse with you upon the Bible, you are not getting the proper education as I have literally shown in how Bible Stupid she truly is!  Think, Miss Tradesecret says that Jesus, as God, forgives ALL SINS, where I have shown in this post where she is a BLATANT LIAR AGAIN!!